Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2012 6:00 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everything's A-OK now, we saved the two worlds.... but oh yeah.... millions of people were killed by digimon attacks. He look over there, it's a convenient explanation for why no one's bothered by this.

I've also got to wonder about this 'talk with your fists' message the show has been touting. This is for kids right? This is what we want them to learn?
Apr 26, 2013 9:05 PM

Nov 2011
And in the end, they conquered. Pfft, saw this coming. I kinda wish the bad guys won for once Relena is adorable as ever course.

Well, Marcus' dad is back and glad to see him on the good side now I think. I always thought his other personality was creepy.

Tears were shed, oh yes for this episode, not from me but those kids/Digimon. Anyways, 5.5/10 rounded to..6 I guess. This was only a little bit better than a 'meh' series.
Jul 2, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
Meh, Masaru's dad was rescurrected. Except now it was done by actual god, so it has some kind of explanation. Many other things in this season did not have explanations. Stil,l I would have liked him staying dead.

Looks like I am not only one who was annoyed by "Talk with your fists" message.
Jun 2, 2014 12:59 PM
Sep 2007
Masaru sucked so much.
Jun 27, 2014 3:52 AM
Apr 2013
Psajdak said:
Masaru sucked so much.

Masaru sucked so much? You underestimated the power of kenka banchou. Shame to you
May 31, 2016 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
I remember when I first watched this series manly tears where shed when Marcus and Agumon split, this was a pretty good finale, and Data squad as whole is one of the best seasons in the franchise. I need to rewatch Tamers and Adventure to see how time has changed my opinion but as of now Data Squad is still my favorite Digimon season.
Jul 14, 2016 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Perfect ending.
Touma cured Relena's illness and Masaru left with Agumon to the digital world.
My favorite Digimon anime so far.
May 24, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2010
Classic Digimon ending:
- transformations happens automatically without using DigiVices
- MC is going to deliver final hit, while his friends are deflecting enemies attacks
- bittersweeter parting with Digimon
- portal between worlds is closing.
- postive ending.

I quite liked it. Of course Masaru delivered final blow, bleh.

The best moment of the episode? Masaru`s Dad just reconnected with his family and the first thing said is that he wants Masaru to GTFO to Digital World. Wow "Masaru we dont need you anymore, now a real man gonna handle this house, go play your fist, it is the only thing you can do". This is harsh! Wow.

All in all i pretty liked this season. The beginning was pretty slow, while the ending was kinda rushed, but Kurata`s arc pacing was perfect. Digimon Savers went for a safe screenplay, combining elements from previous seasons into something new and well balanced.
We got transformations resembling those from 01(evolution from champion to ultimate, that carefully shows you the way every part of Digimon is changing) as well as kid lost in Digital World, 3+1 MC and virus/computer last enemy from Tamers, MC being useful themself and Royal Knights from Frontier. Finally we got a human as a main enemy for a long time, which is clearly an homage to Ken. This time - no redemption at all.
Jun 27, 2017 2:21 AM
Nov 2015
I love this series, along with Tamers and Adventure :)
I love ecchi-romance-comedy manga!
Feb 8, 2020 1:24 AM
Feb 2020
I love this anime so much 10/10
May 21, 2020 10:25 PM

Mar 2015
Liked Ikuto's and Tohma's progression throughout the series. The evolution sequences were pretty nice. Also loved Banchouleomon, finally a leomon survives more than 10 episodes and they finally mentioned why he was just watching the whole time last episode. Chika was cute and I'm glad they mentioned both the demon lords and actually had more than 2 Royal Knights.

Absolutely hated Yoshino's voice tho, it was just bad voice acting in general, sounds very half-assed the whole time. Still though, this was the first of the digimon series I absolutely struggled to continue watching so this season was meh for me as a whole even though there's a bunch of things I liked.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2016
Masaru Best Digimon protagonist.I really love savers and its my fav Digimon season.
BRAWLERS
Dec 28, 2022 5:47 AM

Feb 2020
Yggdrasill is finally gone. Both worlds has been saved. Good job, everyone!

Yggdrasill resurrected Masaru's father as a gift to him. That was a really kind thing to do. Now they can live happily as a family again, as well Ikuto with his family.

However, Masaru decided to go back to the Digital World with Agumon, because the whole place is now in chaos after they lost their leader, so they need to help keep things in peace.

The second half of the episode was very emotional with the goodbyes between all the Digimon and their partners. Fortunately, the Digital Gate will be reopened one day again, so they can all reunite.

After the five year time skip, Ikuto and Chika are attenting the middle school together. I'm sure they'll be the best friends forever. :)

Thoma has finally found a cure for Relena's illness. Now she can live a long and healthy life. Well done, Thoma!

DATS is now a police station with Satsuma, Yoshino, Miki, and Megumi working as officers. That's cool.

Yushima is still fishing as usual. Old man habits.

Masaru and Agumon are bringing peace to the Digital World. Better not to mess up with these two guys.

Overall, an excellent season. As I stated in the first episode, this is my favorite Digimon season besides Frontier. The whole arc with Kurata was the main reason why this season rocks. He's one of my favorite anime villains of all time.

SerafosMay 19, 7:00 AM
Oct 19, 2023 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
ending was sadder than I remembered with the goodbyes, although Marcus goes along with them, so not for him....although he basically has to say goodbye to everyone else for who knows how long lmao.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 4, 2023 8:51 AM
Dec 2023
Los primero protagonistas que no son niños, estuvo buena. Me bajó que el acompañante sea otro Agumon, ya habiendo sido este protagonista.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2013

7 by txqpx »»
Apr 17, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 1 Discussion

Tsukaji - Apr 19, 2013

16 by txqpx »»
Apr 14, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2013

6 by Leongolleyn »»
Apr 3, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2013

6 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Digimon Savers Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2013

7 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 28, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.