Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 23, 2023 2:01 PM

Sep 2018
I really hate that we have to end this series with Miyamura cutting his hair shorter basically just for Hori a second time.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Sep 23, 2023 2:30 PM
Jan 2023
I really wanted to see their son and Sengoku's daughter scene from the webcomic in the anime at the ending of the series. It would have given a perfect end to the anime, without feeling like they left out anything.
Sep 23, 2023 2:40 PM

Dec 2017
Short-haired Hori-san is adorable. I'm going to miss this anime so much.
Sep 23, 2023 3:15 PM

Apr 2015
I am the only one that needed to hold the teaser in some moments of the episode. The part where the character were still about to be friends follow by the ost was so good.

This series is really special, another 9/10 season.
Sep 23, 2023 3:35 PM
May 2021
Embient said:
I'm already laughing from the start of the episode lol
I love this moment. So cute.

The flashback was so good. Such a contrast between then and now.
This scene is from the first episode of this season I think?

Hori's monologue with the music... Got me emotional
21:53 btw in the ED here Hori is typing "777723##222666 7" I wonder if this means anything. Probably not.
SCENE AFTER CREDITS! I heard the manga ended on the graduation so I wonder if this is anime original.
And another one falls to the curse of anime girls cutting their hair... Still looks nice
This episode was 26 minutes long which is a bit longer than usual anime episodes (24 mins). They must've cut some advertisement parts to show us more. Respect.

END
This was so good. Much more focused on comedy than romance but I loved it. BUT WHERE IS MY ISHIKAWA X YOSHIKAWA ROMANCE?
9/10

I heard that there is a sequel for the manga (volume 17). Here's hoping that'll be adapted someday in an OVA series or somehing.

The end credit scene is canon and was adapted from an extra in the manga. 😊
Sep 23, 2023 3:40 PM
Aug 2022
It’s so sad to see a very good romance go. It’s not my favourite and it’s not close to being my favourite romance but I’ve always really enjoyed Horimiya.

Every characters great and they give time for each character and develop them as much as possible. It makes sense why this is so popular it deserves it 100%

I was spoiled before hand on kyoko having cutting her hair and I think she looks a lot better with short hair.

I was very surprised to see Izumi cut his hair even shorter than it was. Personally I liked his hair when it was at its longest but he looks good either way.

Goodbye Horimiya. I’ll miss you.
Sep 23, 2023 4:34 PM
May 2023
watching this anime always make wish to have irl friends like this
Sep 23, 2023 4:47 PM

Jan 2020
It has been a good journey from the beginning and the end of Horimiya: Piece, and I will miss it so much. Damn.

Anyway, a 9/10 for this series.
RaiYouSep 23, 2023 4:50 PM

Sep 23, 2023 5:02 PM
Jul 2020
Ahh time for the post horimiya sadness again
Sep 23, 2023 5:02 PM
May 2023
Finally, the end to an amazing anime.
Sep 23, 2023 5:04 PM
Oct 2014
idc if there isn't any more manga material MAKE MORE I CANT DEAL W/O NO MORE this series was absolutely phenomenal from start to finish and not once did it have a dull moment , just like S1 I rate it a 10/10 I so hope in the future we get something else from this loveable bunch
Sep 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Apr 2022
gonna miss hori and miya sundays, there should've been more. shame that a lot of these didn't make it into the main series, would've made it so much better. but this was a good watch nonetheless, another cute ending just like the main series and now i feel sad again. that transition with the photograph was cool as well. might end up reading the manga at some point.
Sep 23, 2023 5:33 PM
Oct 2021
that whole bit where miyamura is missing really tells how he is the heart and soul of horimiya
my baby 🥲
also, i was waiting for the hair scenes😭
i like hori's Short hair, it's alright
BUT MIYAMURA EXTRA LONG HAIR SUPREMACY 😭
he's always thinking of hori🥲
hori the manipulator 🥲
Sep 23, 2023 6:31 PM
Jul 2022
So sad it is now over T^T

I really enjoyed Horimiya. its a fun show that warmly evokes nostalgia for a High/Secondary School reality that hasn't happened. I really like how they've dedicated segments and some episodes (even though this season was most of the bits they didn't cover in season 1) to each character even some background characters like the one Hori could smell on Miyamura's clothes. This show was so enjoyable and such a shame it is now over.

I would love to see a season 3 (wouldn't we all?) or a movie. Pretty sure there's a time skip or something too so who knows.

Great show; Will be missed, but won't be forgotten.

10/10
Sep 23, 2023 6:34 PM
Nov 2019
hwahhh perjalanan hori dan miyamura selesai
emng pasangan yg terbaik, comelll :)
My Candies :
Sep 23, 2023 6:36 PM

Feb 2018
Aw man, it's finally over D:

I really hope there'll be more of this anime, I really love this series.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 23, 2023 7:59 PM
Mar 2022
Ah, the journey which lasted for past 13 weeks finally ended. When the first season ended 2 yrs ago I didn't know that left over chapters will be adopted but here I am. What a ride it was every week, probably I haven't enjoyed any other anime like Horimiya this yr and it will stay as well till the very end.
Glad they throw a ln episode with every cast member showing. The moment Iura thinks of group trip, it just touches the heart.
Horimiya is really great on portraying those "what if that didn't happen" moments and the whole sequence of Hori's monologue was just as great. Loved the parallel monologue of Hori complementing Miyamura's feelings from first season finale. The opening lines of this season hits bottom of heart and their use in finale was just splendid!!!
~So much has happened, I won't pretend that I remember every little detail. Each day was unique in its own way. The most of memories have faded and vanished completely. Some are still as vivid now as they were back then as if they happened yesterday.....
Easly the best anime of year for me and cheers for a future rewatch and re read while remembering how much I love this series and characters.
Sep 23, 2023 8:11 PM
Mar 2015

Glad they got together Never meeting would have been sad
Sep 23, 2023 8:18 PM

Jan 2022
I never read or seen the original source of this show. So every week was bllind driving but quickly picked up the gaps of the story. With that said, the art style is very photogenic. the clean lineart and subtle details for the eyes and hair are so pretty paired with the lighting to make scenes more bright. Help at shining a light for the art style.

Additionally, the characters are all so charming aswell they each have distinct personalities. I also love the group of friends and how each character stand on their own, including the side characters, not in the friend group. All in all, I got to check out the first season and reach this season to get the full experience. Overall, it was a great time spent. One of the highlight shows I enjoyed watching every week.

Best regards to the cast and everyone apart of this project. including the original author.
Sep 23, 2023 8:40 PM
Jul 2021
I'm sad. Very sad.
Sep 23, 2023 8:55 PM
Jan 2021
The last episode was nice, im glad it also showed the ending from the first original series, but just in horis pov. But now im just a bit sad that its really over. This series is one of my favorites and im not sure if itll get another season, even if its just them all after highschool or something(which like sounds enjoyable, maybe they could include the long awaited beach trip they talked about)... well if it really is the end i guess ill just have to read the manga and watch the anime again. It was a fun ride
CANDY:

Sep 23, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
And so this Horimiya DLC finally comes to its end. Though slightly more enjoyable than the main series in the SoL department, I still found most of the episodes boring and some characters remained just as annoying as I remembered them.
Also not to mention I just can't bring myself to like Hori for reasons I already stated in the main series' forum so having her appearing in almost every episode only served to remind me just how much I dislike this show in general.

3/10
Sep 23, 2023 9:21 PM
Apr 2021
I think it ended at the best part where it should end. I have alot to say but this is the most important thing, IT WAS SO GOOD.
Sep 23, 2023 9:34 PM

Nov 2018
Her poor hair...I guess the bright side is that it was a mistake by the stylist, so it's not technically the "butcher my hair to signify change" trope; it's just "my hair got butchered" instead :\
Sep 23, 2023 9:58 PM

Nov 2012
I had cried laughing at the strength ranking section. Poor Sengoku.

The end was kind of sad for me. For some reason I thought the white truck of doom was going to pop up.

Loved the after credits scene. I was missing Miyamura's long hair and earrings. I was hoping we'd get some kind of college scene and his hair was long, but nope. They went the other way. At least I got the earrings.
Sep 23, 2023 9:59 PM

Jun 2017
well I liked this season but Idk I still prefer the main one...

anyway, I think short haired Hori looked really pretty and Miyamura, pfft! my boy looks amazing in any style lol not gonna lie I'm gonna miss him!
Sep 23, 2023 10:40 PM
Aug 2023
Fuck i'm actually depressed
Sep 23, 2023 10:40 PM
Jul 2023
I am heartbroken
from the first season onwards its hurting me
but also feels good
Sep 23, 2023 10:53 PM
Jul 2020
Will miss this show.
Sep 23, 2023 10:58 PM
Apr 2021
always enjoy to follow this series from start until the end, 8/10 is score from me
Sep 23, 2023 11:08 PM

Jun 2021
The main story already highlighted their romance. Miyamura and Hori's relationship here is just the bonus part of the missing pieces. And I love it. Focusing more on other characters was a good supplement. To the finale, I'm happy to see all of them together. How they built their friendships was beautiful. They really have great influences with each other. Solid opening and ending song. I'm sure I won't forget this anime.
Sep 23, 2023 11:23 PM
Jan 2023
I will surely miss them. It feels like I want more.
Sep 24, 2023 1:08 AM
May 2022
My fav. anime finally ends and i am crying 😭😭😭😭

I know i shouldn't but i also knew that there isn't going to be a anime like this i really really love this anime now i have to find another anime that i can get hooked on 🥲
Sep 24, 2023 1:12 AM
Sep 2021
Great episode and a great way to end, personally I think the ending would've hit harder if they adapted all of it in chronological order, but that's something we can only dream for. Nonetheless amazing episode probably the best of the season in my opinion, it encapsulated the feeling I get from watching the show, the feeling of fun and nostalgic memories of a high school life I never had as a teenager.

8/10
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 AM
Dec 2022
The finale episode. Funny with a twist. Who knows Miyamura can really tie up hair especially the bun on Hori gathering praise from others at school. Miyamura turns expert on how to treat others hair.

We get to see how the ranking of strength and power of the characters during the clean up of the classroom and student council room at the end of the term. Who would have thought Sengoku and the Yasuda sensei rank last. Sengoku is distraught that Miyamura is now stronger.

Now back to graduation day and its the really the end again for this series. Seems that Hori can feel that Miyamura is part of her life and will be together no matter what. The hair cut scene is another sweet moment for the couple.

Is there a possibility of a season showing their next part of the adventure?
Sep 24, 2023 2:22 AM
May 2023
Reply to Stark700
With graduation approaching, the season finale gives one more chance for everyone to connect and bond in this season. It's great to see everyone in high spirits again at school.

Not going to lie, I definitely got the impressions of the finale ranging from the character emotions, colorful background settings, and even the music. Hori got the most attention given her role so it was interesting to see the story narrative from her perspective. A beautiful finale imo.
@Stark700 Yup totally agree! I also like how as a missing piece ,this time we get Hori's final thoughts to end the series , when in season 1 , we got Miyamura's thoughts ! It was really wholesome
Sep 24, 2023 2:32 AM
Oct 2022
Awesome!!! It was a PIECE OF ART
Sep 24, 2023 3:34 AM
Oct 2020
man, I really love this anime truly my most favorite yet.
Sep 24, 2023 4:16 AM
Jun 2021
I thought last episode will have sota and his love story adapted but no problemo 🙃
Sep 24, 2023 5:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The part during the graduation was good, I like how they're tied together even when it comes to destiny :) Also the haircut is something... Hori looks decent like that I guess
Sep 24, 2023 6:44 AM
Jul 2020
Hori-San so cute with short hair, i love the tomboy-ish look..

Amazing how they kept this part interesting being only non animated stuff. I really enjoyed this "season". wish it couldve been a 26 episode series but the outcome was great nonetheless..

Knowing a show that you love so much just probably won't get continuation is so sad, so I'll make sure to buy Horimiya merch to celebrate both the manga and anime adaptation finishing.

THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF "HORI-SAN TO MIYAMURA-KUN"
Sep 24, 2023 6:45 AM
Sep 2020
Perfect full stop to one of the if not the best rom-com we have in Anime. I am gonna miss Horimiya but I would rewatch this again in the future.
Sep 24, 2023 6:51 AM

Jul 2022
Aaaah, Hori looks very cute with short hair
Sep 24, 2023 7:42 AM
Apr 2021
well thats it
im emotionally broken again
i could feel this void fmcoming since episode 5, first season left my heart hurting for a whole week and i knew there was going to be an ova/s2.
Now it is done, it ended well, but its done. Horimyia is one of those shows i get way too emotionally attached without wanting to.
well it will allways stay in my MAL as a 10/10, mentioned in my favourites and in a notebook i have called "thing to relive if i get Amnesia"
Sep 24, 2023 9:46 AM

Mar 2014
Even though at the start it was a bit boring but gradually it got better and the ending is not bad
Sep 24, 2023 10:10 AM

Feb 2021
Nice finale

Hori with short hair just looks like a tomboy, and she looks way better that way.
I enjoyed this more than S1
Sep 24, 2023 11:16 AM

Apr 2019
A truly phenomenal way to send the series off. It surpringly doesn't feel as melancholic as I thought it would but just enough to where I don't want it to be over.

The chapters they chose to adapt, not just for this last episode, but for the entirety of Piece has just been immaculate. It was insanely cool of them to end it with Hori's perspective of the final chapter too, paralleling how the first season ended it with Miyamura's when they're walking back. CloverWorks really did a fantastic job with this series and I wouldn't've wanted it any other way.

Now, would've this been better if they made 2 seperate seasons? Probably. I mean, I would've liked this see everything be told in a more linear fashion with 2 seasons, but this is good too I suppose. Better than nothing at all right? Also with that being said, I actually enjoyed this more than the first season.

Man..... It's really over now, huh? I'm gonna miss the hell outta this series. Out of everything I've read/watched, no other series portrayed the slife of life vibe quite like this one here. The atmosphere it creates feels so organic compared to other series; hell, even if you don't it still does.
Honestly, probably one of my favourites to come out this year.

Also, Hori with short hair is, to no surprise, very cute.

arcticmontysSep 24, 2023 11:47 AM
Sep 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Aug 2020
Oh the youth... They finally graduated and those haircuts at the end were surely memorable xD

So it's over. I guess I'll read the manga. I'll miss HoriMiya.

Sep 24, 2023 1:21 PM
Jul 2022
Genuine and wholesome.
I'm going to miss this show and these characters. I never felt as if I was watching filler episodes and moments. Every interaction was meaningful.
Sep 24, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2023
i'll miss this anime. i love it sm <33
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya: Piece Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2023

73 by TamirSins »»
Apr 30, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Horimiya: Piece Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2023

106 by mauacedeiros »»
Apr 14, 5:54 PM

» Problem with Hori

Jollyne7 - Oct 4, 2023

46 by Gator »»
Apr 14, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Horimiya: Piece Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 16, 2023

85 by Gator »»
Apr 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Horimiya: Piece Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

64 by Gator »»
Apr 13, 5:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.