Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2023 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
Kizaru is already on the island and coming for Luffy. Putting aside that Kizaru is probably holding back, it makes sense for Sentomaru to block him for a moment 1) Kizaru's trajectory is easy to predict despite his speed. You can see where the light goes and Kizaru basically announced his attack 2) Sentomaru got the best defense in the world. His ACoA has to be top tier.

Luffy learned Advanced Armament just recently. We all know Haki blooms in the heat of the battle. The fight against Kaido was "the worlds best training" so to speak. It would be odd if Luffy wasn't already on a similar level. When it comes to damage output he should be above with his raw power, Gum Gum techniques and Advanced Conqueror's. Where I see Sento's strengths is a more refined usage or let's say efficiency due to experience and using his Advanced Armament for defense.

And Elbaf is the next destination, no surprises there.

What a packed chapter this was again. Lot is going on with countless little interactions and comments worth mentioning.

16 years ago it was Doberman who gave us Lucci's backstory. No he's the one concerned for his safety and that of the other agents. Tells you a lot if someone like him who seemed pretty firm in his believes and loyalty also still objects the highest authority. Same goes for Kizaru talking back. The rift between Navy and WG is getting bigger.

Meanwhile Luffy, Sanji and the Strawhats make sure allies and enemies alike are well fed. True to their motto. Quite the opposite of what majority of the world and the Navy thinks of him after the staged Den Den Mushi call. Luffy playing the villain is always pretty amusing, even tho there's much room for improvement.

The days of villain Lucci are also long gone. Last chapter he was just standing there like part of the team 🤣 Good to see that he isn't passive. He's one of the biggesg wild cards this arc.

I dunno why people are so surprised about Luffy being shocked over Kizaru's arrival. The man is one of the strongest characters. Easily top 10 right now. Concerns are valid, as he is a legit threat not. Not just to Luffy but his crew. Remember how Whitebeard reacted towards Oden' charge or Shanks expression when he saw the future of Kid destroying his fleet.

Luffy gives off the same vibe for a good reason. Stop sleeping on the admirals. And just because Luff beat Kaido after several attempts and after the latter fought 15+ strong people on top of keeping Onigashima aloft, doesn't mean that Luffy could easily repeat that feat, especially not with a Gear 5th time limit.
FMmatronAug 13, 2023 5:20 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 9, 2023 4:08 PM
Mar 2022
How are you getting it like 10 days early???
Aug 9, 2023 4:41 PM
Sep 2021
swamp881 said:

Only the spoilers.
The chapter isn't out yet.

But I heard (from Reddit) that the chapter will come out this week, and next week will a break.
Aug 9, 2023 4:52 PM

Oct 2015
Sentomaru can block a kizaru attack
Ohnononono
Don't let the power scalers
Know
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Aug 9, 2023 5:47 PM

Dec 2021
Oooh Shit, The Straw Hats (Including Robin) intend to flee to Elbaf using Vegapunk's devices. York has secured the island with a password to prevent any escapes though hm.

I guess Boa’s love for Luffy is genetic because, Snake starts develops affection for Luffy and revives Franky from petrification. Chapter ends with Luffy employing his observation haki to realize Kizaru's arrival on the island. Sadly there is a break next week though. I cant wait though if Oda does justice to a potential Luffy vs Kizaru.

Aug 9, 2023 6:32 PM
Jan 2023
We only get 2 chapters in a Month 😭
from now on
Aug 9, 2023 6:49 PM

Aug 2019
swamp881 said:

The spoilers were released one week early as they usually are whenever WSJ goes on break. Although the downside is that Oda's going on yet another 1-week break after this chapter is officially released. You'd think that WSJ's 1-week summer break and Oda's recent month-long break would've been enough relaxation time for him, but no, I guess not.

Also I'm kinda mad that the Straw Hats are planning to go to Elbaf next. We already know that the final Road Poneglyph isn't even there so the next arc is going to feel like a pointless side trip imo. I don't even care that Usopp's always wanted to go there.
Aug 9, 2023 7:10 PM
Jun 2022
Early_Morning said:
swamp881 said:

The spoilers were released one week early as they usually are whenever WSJ goes on break. Although the downside is that Oda's going on yet another 1-week break after this chapter is officially released. You'd think that WSJ's 1-week summer break and Oda's recent month-long break would've been enough relaxation time for him, but no, I guess not.

Also I'm kinda mad that the Straw Hats are planning to go to Elbaf next. We already know that the final Road Poneglyph isn't even there so the next arc is going to feel like a pointless side trip imo. I don't even care that Usopp's always wanted to go there.

We still haven't seen the elbaf king Loki maybe we can get a glimpse of him and the big army linlin was talking about. And also ussop always said he has 8000 men under him maybe that will come true in this arc.
Aug 9, 2023 9:37 PM

Sep 2015
I'm here late, anyway, I hope Yamato is on that Elbaf island.

YAMATO 5 PLEASE!!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 10, 2023 12:53 AM

Dec 2008
Ugh! When am I gonna see Kizaru gets his ass beaten? This one will wait forever.
Aug 10, 2023 11:54 AM
Jan 2020
Woah people are already discussing this chapter when it's not gonna be released until nearly 2 weeks' time? I can't wait for Luffy to turn Kizaru into looney toons! PLS 
Aug 10, 2023 2:11 PM
Aug 2022
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

YAMATO 5 PLEASE!!

why would she be on Elbaf???
Aug 10, 2023 9:37 PM

Sep 2015
Manta130 said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

YAMATO 5 PLEASE!!

I don't want to wait another year for Yamato to come back, thats why.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 11, 2023 2:05 AM
Aug 2022
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Manta130 said:

I don't want to wait another year for Yamato to come back, thats why.

She's the Guardian of the Wano country, that's why she didn't join the strawhats. You will have to wait more than a year to see her again
Aug 12, 2023 3:09 AM

Mar 2021
How on earth the chapter is out this early ???

I might put nami above robin just for her beating york.
Hancock whether human or seraphim will always follow luffy lmao.
Aug 12, 2023 5:30 AM

Dec 2011
OH Oda teasing us of Elbaf lol. Do you really think that Lucci told them the truth about their rescue plan i think Lucci has a change of heart may be. Also funny how Hancock clone also love Luffy xD and Bonney have a crush on Sanji...
Aug 12, 2023 11:02 AM
Apr 2022
Finally we leave to Elbaf my boi usopp is going to get his shine again.
But it is going to be interrupted by kizaru?
Probably ig
Aug 12, 2023 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
so lucci is definitely double crossing at everyone there, but I'm sure that's not a problem for them. he's hasn't had enough of luffy beating, isn't he?

who the hell come up with the idea that Robin is katarina devon? devon isn't as dumb as you think to infiltrate enemy HQ alone, smh.

so the one luffy sensing is Kizaru, because he could bypass the shield.

and if the marine chasing them to elbaf, things gonna went funny, the alliance of Straw hat & shanks might come to fight marine, that would be hilarious
Aug 12, 2023 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
You sneaky cat Lucci...great. Now Kizaru is going full force! Hang on there Sentomaru!

So many classic Straw Hats shenaginas going on in this chapter, I just love it when the crew are together like this

Luffy and Ussop reaction to Elbaf
Sanji trying to get with Stussy
Chopper calling Robin a "Bastard" for complementing him as a doctor.

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 12, 2023 7:32 PM

Oct 2020
I don't remember the last time I saw Luffy this scared/worried.
Luffy is not ready to surpass Kizaru yet.
Aug 12, 2023 7:44 PM

Mar 2015
admiral is here. time to run!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 13, 2023 1:12 AM

Jan 2017
Best Sunday ever, we get an early 1090 and the godly 1072 on the same day!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Aug 13, 2023 1:36 AM

Apr 2022
same day release as ep 1072 is fire.
seraphim got genetically rizzed by luffy lmfao i miss boa!! hope robin stays safe now though. mad respect to nami, she wants all the smoke with york. bonney complimenting sanji is kinda interesting, i wonder if that's just gonna be a one time thing or if theres more to it.
kizaru pulled up and the gang are heading out, is elbaf really next? big if they're finally going! no pun intended.
Aug 13, 2023 2:18 AM

Jan 2019
Truly_Evil said:
Lol, Luffy defeated Kaido. Do you really think Kizaru is stronger than Kaido ?
Aug 13, 2023 3:45 AM

Oct 2020
Tristanteken said:
Truly_Evil said:

Lol, how delusional someone can be if he thinks Luffy is stronger than Kaido, who isn't fighting non-stop and lifting an entire island.
Aug 13, 2023 4:06 AM

Jan 2019
Truly_Evil said:
Tristanteken said:

Lol, how delusional someone can be if he thinks Luffy is stronger than Kaido, who isn't fighting non-stop and lifting an entire island.

Oh yeahh, Luffy isn’t stronger than Kaido haha.
You probably are one of the people who said that Luffy wasn’t stronger than Doflamingo as well ? And Katakuri ?
In fact, Luffy was never stronger than any of his opponents, he is just always lucky and still has rookie level like Baggie :)
Aug 13, 2023 4:26 AM

Oct 2020
Tristanteken said:
Truly_Evil said:

You probably are one of the people who said that Luffy wasn’t stronger than Doflamingo as well ? And Katakuri ?
In fact, Luffy was never stronger than any of his opponents, he is just always lucky and still has rookie level like Baggie :)

Stay in your world kid
Aug 13, 2023 4:58 AM

Nov 2016
Tristanteken said:
Truly_Evil said:

I won't adress Joy Boy surpassed Kaido and Joy Boy = Luffy here. Just gonna say that it's not as easy to determine the stronger one.

Luffy definitely reached a level where he can fight with Kaido equally. But let's not forget what it took for him to beat him eventually. He had more support than ever. It's the first time that a villain took so many named attacks from several strong characters. Luffy still struggled. He lost a few times was able to recover some stamina after getting fed while Kaido kept fighting and Onigashima aloft. Kaido took hits voluntarily including Bajrang Gun head on. Even with Gear 5th it's not guaranted that he could take down a full HP Kaido without MC plot armor.

I mean Luffy also needed 3 attempts for Crocodile. He somehow managed to beat him in the end thanks to his endurance, persistence and luck. Without luck he would've died 3 times. 1) In the desert when Robin saved him. Without her round 2 wouldn't have been possible. 2) Croc won round 2 as well. The water dropping on him saved him dehydration. Again without luck there wouldn't have been a thrid round. 3) The poison. Fortunately Robin had the antidote. You could say Luffy was strong enough to beat him, but was he truly better? And when Crocodile returned he proved his worth. He somehow performed as good or maybe even better than Luffy in Marineford, even tho Luffy was far stronger at that point. Goes to show that just because you can beat someone after several attempts that you're not necessarily stronger or that you would win the next round too.

Kaido's status as strongest creature would be still valid if he's alive. I would still bet on him in a 1vs1 lol.

And gene Kizaru being weaker than Kaido doesn't mean he won't be as challenging. One Piece is a bit different. Foxy for instance was lowkey a tougher opponent for Luffy than Enel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 13, 2023 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that one day Kizaru would face Sentomaru
Aug 13, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2023
luffy vs kizaru lessgo
Aug 13, 2023 5:47 AM
May 2021
Truly_Evil said:
its sanji or zoro who gon fight against kizaru and luffys fighting saturn thats my guess
Aug 13, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2015
Hancock is back and helping Luffy
Aug 13, 2023 3:15 PM
Mar 2020
That's not Bonney, it's Catarina Devon usin her devil fruit power. Remember that we've seen a Blackbeard ship arriving at Egghead.
Aug 13, 2023 3:39 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, one thing I was not expecting was for this chapter to already be available!
It's great to finally catch up with the Straw Hats after so long!
It makes sense Hancock's Seraphim would have a crush on Luffy too lol I'm still waiting for Bonney to properly meet Sanji, given how much she likes food I feel like it will be special lol
Kizaru is finally making his move, I wonder if this will be a situation similar to with Kuma on Sabaody? Even Luffy looks worried.
An early chapter and now break for next week, woohoo!
Aug 14, 2023 2:27 AM

Oct 2017
Hancock's seraphim also in love with Luffy, they are destined for each other. Please I've been waiting for Hancock, Luffy reunion for so long. Please.

I don't think Luffy vs Kizaru gonna happen but we'll see.
MegamiRemAug 17, 2023 10:54 AM
Aug 14, 2023 7:41 AM
Apr 2019
we are finally heading to elbaf.. almost!! so excited to see Usopp have an arc for him to improve his character development, its been much needed since Dressrosa.
York is really starting to get on my nerves.. but seeing Sentomaru exceed expectations against Kizaru with his defense is awesome, hopefully he can hold Kizaru back for the straw hats and Vegapunk to escape.
hi, how are you?
Aug 14, 2023 11:46 AM
Apr 2020
i wonder if the very strong person was kizaru or maybe theres someone else? because obviously kizaru is strong but as we saw with greenbull the admirals arent enough to make luffy scared like that, or maybe greenbull is just weak
Aug 14, 2023 3:47 PM

Dec 2022
the panels are getting quite hard to understand. its a bit jumbled and disorganized and not easy to get into the flow. idk if im the only one who feels like this
Aug 14, 2023 3:52 PM

Jun 2014
So the crew is making a run for it and looks like the next destination is Elbaf. Usopp finally getting his arc it seems. 

Kizaru makes his move and props to Sentomaru, his defense really is no joke if he was able to hold off that initial attack. I can't remember the last time we saw Luffy that nervous, but it makes me more excited for the next chapter.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 14, 2023 10:57 PM
Apr 2023
Letssss gooooo were going to Elbaf next arc (hopefully)
Aug 15, 2023 4:16 AM

Nov 2016
ladderking said:
i wonder if the very strong person was kizaru or maybe theres someone else? because obviously kizaru is strong but as we saw with greenbull the admirals arent enough to make luffy scared like that, or maybe greenbull is just weak

100% Kizaru. The chapter is titled after him and you can even see the light in the last panel.

Now as for the differences in reactions. Well, that's how storytelling for different situations works. We saw Luffy and Co. reacting to Green Bull only when he already left. Of course there's nothing worry about anymore. And the easygoing confidence they emitted was to showcase that they're a Yonkou crew now who already dealt with the Beast Pirates. We're already on a level where we can face an admiral, especially when we're outnumbering him.

Now Kizaru on the other hand is an acute threat. Luffy didn't expect him at all, let alone that he would pull up outta nowhere. That initial reaction is understandable and is supposed to match the tension of the situation. Remember, we didn't see how Luffy and Co. reacted when they sensed Ryokyugu, we only saw them when he already left. You can bet that Luffy will face Kizaru with a smile as well(at least in one or two panels later) Other factors worth mentioning are that the crew is split up right now and they're under siege of 100 ships with 300000 marines.

Luffy might be worried about his weaker members

Aug 15, 2023 9:55 AM
Jun 2022
Damn always knew Kizaru was something else, if even Luffy said something like that I'm afraid he is yonkou+ level
Aug 15, 2023 1:00 PM
Jun 2013
Awesome chapter!!!!
Aug 16, 2023 4:27 AM
Jun 2021
FMmatron said:
Kizaru is already on the island and coming for Luffy. Putting aside that Kizaru is probably holding back, it makes sense for Sentomaru to block him for a moment 1) Kizaru's trajectory is easy to predict despite his speed. You can see where the light goes and Kizaru basically announced his attack 2) Sentomaru got the best defense in the world. His ACoA has to be top tier.

Luffy learned Advanced Armament just recently. We all know Haki blooms in the heat of the battle. The fight against Kaido was "the worlds best training" so to speak. It would be odd if Luffy wasn't already on a similar level. When it comes to damage output he should be above with his raw power, Gum Gum techniques and Advanced Conqueror's. Where I see Sento's strengths is a more refined usage or let's say efficiency due to experience and using his Advanced Armament for defense.

And Elbaf is the next destination, no surprises there.

What a packed chapter this was again. Lot is going on with countless little interactions and comments worth mentioning.

16 years ago it was Doberman who gave us Lucci's backstory. No he's the one concerned for his safety and that of the other agents. Tells you a lot if someone like him who seemed pretty firm in his believes and loyalty also still objects the highest authority. Same goes for Kizaru talking back. The rift between Navy and WG is getting bigger.

Meanwhile Luffy, Sanji and the Strawhats make sure allies and enemies alike are well fed. True to their motto. Quite the opposite of what majority of the world and the Navy thinks of him after the staged Den Den Mushi call. Luffy playing the villain is always pretty amusing, even tho there's much room for improvement.

The days of villain Lucci are also long gone. Last chapter he was just standing there like part of the team 🤣 Good to see that he isn't passive. He's one of the biggesg wild cards this arc.

I dunno why people are so surprised about Luffy being shocked over Kizaru's arrival. The man is one of the strongest characters. Easily top 10 right now. Concerns are valid, as he is a legit threat not. Not just to Luffy but his crew. Remember how Whitebeard reacted towards Oden' charge or Shanks expression when he saw the future of Kid destroying his fleet.

Luffy gives off the same vibe for a good reason. Stop sleeping on the admirals. And just because Luff beat Kaido after several attempts and after the latter fought 15+ strong people on top of keeping Onigashima aloft, doesn't mean that Luffy could easily repeat that feat, especially not with a Gear 5th time limit.
i can see that you are one those who believes luffy didn't beat kaido fair & square he was weaken and was begging to be defeated, lol.believe me i would love argu with you once arc is over and if luffy or his wings defeated kizaru.
Aug 16, 2023 10:53 AM
May 2023
It could change all of one piece if the gorosei member is the one luffy is calling very strong and it was just a good chapter overall getting the siege started.
Aug 16, 2023 1:01 PM
Jun 2020
.ghjghjghjghjghjjjhgjhgjbvn
Aug 16, 2023 1:06 PM
May 2023
I have been waiting for Luffy to get a second shot at Kizaru since Sabaody, and I cannot wait to see it play out further!
Aug 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Sep 2021
cant wait for them to go to elbaf lol
Aug 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Aug 2021
amazing chapter. nice dialogue and developments. seeing the whole crew interact will each other was great to see. kizaru has finally made his move so it looks like the battle at egghead is officially underway. gonna be straight bangers the next few weeks. also, elbaf coming soon???
Aug 17, 2023 2:52 AM

Nov 2016
tcandy19 said:
the panels are getting quite hard to understand. its a bit jumbled and disorganized and not easy to get into the flow. idk if im the only one who feels like this

It's definitely like Oda wants to cram in as much as he can in one chapter lol

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1118 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - 6 hours ago

4 by Yoru_BlueFlame »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

61 by landofthekwt »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 95 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 1, 2009

28 by Zowabo »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 77 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 22, 2010

18 by Zowabo »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 68 Discussion

ToxxicTeardrop - Aug 22, 2010

24 by Zowabo »»
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.