Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 6, 2023 6:56 AM

Mar 2016
Shion my baeeee. Goodness Gabimaru, come back, this ain’t you… :’)

Jul 6, 2023 8:27 AM
Mar 2021
Story was averrage for me
Jul 6, 2023 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
So they defeated the tensen but I think in s2 things will be even more crazier
Jul 6, 2023 3:13 PM
Sep 2021
honestly, not bad. over rated in my personal opinion.. however, I enjoyed it thoroughly. 8/10. I'm looking forward to season 2. Mappa did a great job. it's rare I have anything bad to say in regards to mappa.
Jul 6, 2023 3:50 PM
Jan 2021
great episode mudan is G Peakfiction
Jul 6, 2023 5:21 PM
Mar 2022
Whyyyyyyy ???? Change at the end like this ??? I need next season
Jul 6, 2023 5:55 PM
Aug 2021
i wish yuzuriha would lick me like that too
Jul 6, 2023 11:03 PM
Sep 2021
the way it ended was splendid but those characters dying was sad to see
Jul 7, 2023 3:22 AM
Dec 2015
Very entertaining
Jul 7, 2023 3:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shion definitely was epic, but yes if Gabimaru's wife is just an illusion and his whole aim for his motivation doesn't even exist that would be a huge plot twist, I'm all in now, really curious about what's next so I'm looking forward to seeing 2nd season, too bad it wasn't directly 2 cours back to back it would make much more sense because most of this season was just the prologue so nothing too outstanding until the late episodes
Jul 7, 2023 6:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was an undertaking.
Jul 8, 2023 6:34 AM

Mar 2017
Oh man… that twist about Gabimaru’s wife was like a punch to the gut! If she isn’t real that will really break my heart 💔

I enjoyed this season but I thought there were parts that were a bit drawn out and didn’t need to be. Overall though I loved the mystery of Shinsenkyou and the brilliant characters!
Jul 8, 2023 6:41 AM
Jul 2023
it threw a wrench in the story as we know it and what we believe to be true
Jul 8, 2023 9:27 AM
Apr 2023
Has the potential to be one the great
Jul 8, 2023 2:10 PM
May 2020
It has been a brutal final episode. Shion my man, THE GOAT. My head has exploded with everything Yuzuriha said. I really want to continue seeing more, luckily they have announced that there will be a second season.
Jul 8, 2023 4:47 PM
May 2023
amazing plot that shows the viewer that his wife was just an illusion from the leader of the ninja clan
Jul 9, 2023 3:49 AM
Mar 2022
The story is great
the animation is great
the fan service is a great
everything is great
definatly recommended
Jul 9, 2023 4:23 AM
Jul 2022
very very very very very very gooooood
Jul 9, 2023 6:56 AM

Jan 2023
The season ended at the most interesting moment! There will be another scene after the credits, I almost missed it. Will I wait for the second season? Definitely yes!
Jul 9, 2023 7:09 AM
Oct 2020
da vedere seconda stagione
Jul 9, 2023 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
What a great way to end the season, by throwing all of Gabimaru's development out the window.
Jul 9, 2023 12:23 PM
Mar 2023
Great fight at the end of the season. I honestly have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but those graphics are amazing. We'll see what the continuation will bring.
Jul 9, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2023
GO SEASON 2 GO!!!!
Jul 9, 2023 3:31 PM
Nov 2018
I like the theme even tho the ending was weird
Jul 9, 2023 7:57 PM
Sep 2018
Muito bom, gostei muito deste anime, das imagens que o anime passa, como história em si pelos os gráficos e vou esperar pela a segunda temporada do anime. 5*
Jul 10, 2023 9:24 AM

Mar 2020
this feels like the author read the premise of HxH’s Dark Continent, and decided to make his own shallow version of it. Only problem the characters & dialogue sucks ass 

it also suffers from the Demon Slayer syndrome of inner monologues that dumps useless info and flashbacks that kills the pacing.
What happened to actually developing a good character instead of giving everyone these boring ass “sad” backstories 
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 10, 2023 1:41 PM
Jun 2023
eu realmente amei esse anime...
Jul 10, 2023 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
i think the Anime did a great job so far with 1to1 taking the mange and putting it into the Anime.
I hope they address the parts that were left out for the start of the second season.

The only gripe for me is the visual style from time to time. Some parts look good, others are pretty weak. Anyone who would like to see how good the Artstyle is supposed to look, take a peak into the manga.
Jul 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
Well, I'm glad the final episode didn't even pretend to be a series finale. I would've been livid if an S2 wasn't announced.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 11, 2023 2:45 AM
Feb 2023
Kimurah said:
What a souless and mediocre battle shonen. It takes the most common tropes of older shows like the use of chi and how their protagonists leran how to use it in the heat of the battle, in the most jarring ways with long infodumps.

People love to spite on shows that made a name of their own like Demon Slayer by reducting it's core to just being amazingly well animated. But the truth is that Demon Slayer knew how to become quite enjoyable by being straight forward in it's presentation with breath taking visuals and a rather small cast of endearing characters in it's beginning. This show did the opposite by introducing as many "cannon fodder" characters with nothing but endlessly boring flashbacks (not to mention the heavy reuse of animation cuts) that it's almost impossible to care for them in the long run, with an of exemption like Tenza and his master.

I'm not interested in a second season, so I'll cut my losses here.

alshu said:
This is how battle shounen should be written.

With mind numbing exposition, cardboard souless protagonists, recycled animation and overuse of flashbacks that only disrupt the story flow? Good lord, no!

Has you ever heard about Demon Slayer before it was animated? Let me answer for you. No you did not.

Had you heard of Hell Paradise before it was animated? Yeah one of the best new manga.

Demon Slayer is LITERALLY carried by its animation. Beautiful death, then beautiful death once again and what next? Oh beautiful death?

The normal
"Hey there are two groups, one good one bad. You are from the good group, and in the first episode/chapter you got a good reason to fight the bad side. What now, Training arc? Wow, you formed a group with some rookies. What your mom/dad is dead AND was very powerful? Also I forgot there are some top members on the good side, and Surprise Surprise, there are some top members in the bad group. The good side's leader is good and the bad side's leader is bad. And every time you kill the bad guy a flashback comes and now he is bad because of "reasons"? "
You know which anime I was talking about? You guessed it Bleach(and hundreds more)
Jul 11, 2023 3:00 AM

Feb 2021
So Nurugai's Tao is to share it with others and energize them.

Damn, they actually beat a Tensen. Shion is a beast. Also, thanks to Senta's analysis they managed to pull it off. Rip Senta.

Boi, ain't no way Gabimaru's wife and all of his motivation just faded away with the overuse of tao. This is definitely a stretch and too risky of a plot twist. So Tao has a ton of drawbacks too. Something similar is going on with Aza Chobei.

A new Asaemon is being dispatched to the island. Is he rank 1 Asaemon or something? Well, gotta wait for S2 I guess.

This season was not bad by any means but it didn't have anything extraordinary either. More like a one-time watch, I guess.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jul 12, 2023 2:32 AM
Apr 2021
Pog Asaemon Slay me
Jul 12, 2023 6:41 AM
Jun 2021
Got a good foundation of what's to come. Looking forward for the epic showdowns that will come
Jul 12, 2023 12:58 PM
Apr 2020
Finally defeating one of them is a reliever, but the whole background in regards to Gabimaru's upbringing is unique and honestly makes the character much more interesting, its understanding how a shinobi village would manipulate a child to fight with purpose by faking love and that there is a higher deity within the village by displaying an illusion of immortality. Really excited for season 2!
Jul 12, 2023 9:29 PM
Feb 2021
una pasada chaval
Jul 13, 2023 1:04 PM
Jun 2023
pretty good, now onto the manga

Jul 13, 2023 7:33 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, a random survival anime with lots of bloody action and that was all... and losing-memories-kun attacked once again in this last episode... okay... i see 

By the way, as many reviews stated, I don´t really think the art/animation was bad or fine at best, I actually think the art/animation are good and they carry most of this show (and of many overrated ones out there as well), in my opinion. 

I specially liked Sagiri and the tomboy/boyish girl.
I have to kudo author-san didn´t add romance between Sagiri and the MC, thank goodness. At least so far..? >.< 

---

By the way Yuzuriha is the carbon copy of Akatsuki from Log Horizon, but Yuzuriha is the adult and lewd version of her xD
In my opinion I think Takanashi Rie´s voice didn´t suit Yuzuriha xD It was as if something was off xD 

6/10
TechOtakuJul 14, 2023 7:31 AM
Jul 14, 2023 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
Dr_Ak said:

Has you ever heard about Demon Slayer before it was animated? Let me answer for you. No you did not.

Had you heard of Hell Paradise before it was animated? Yeah one of the best new manga.

Actually, I never heard neither of them, because I don't read manga and I certainly take manga readers' opinions (specially in an anime discussion board) as valuable as a bucket of piss. because they love to oversale their crap and they just shrug down when the anime adaptation doesn't come out as amazingly as they advertised it.

Dr_Ak said:

Demon Slayer is LITERALLY carried by its animation. Beautiful death, then beautiful death once again and what next? Oh beautiful death?

This is such a dumb and silly take hipsters love to parrot around. If all it takes for a show to be massively apreciated is amazing animation, why didn't it work for God of Highschool? Why didn't it became the next demon Slayer? Oh that's right because amazing animation isn't the only thing that matters and poor writing along with poor execution made it a nice to look but totally forgetable show. Demon Slayer has "the looks" that attracts the early audience but most people stay because of it's simplicity of it's charming cast and the overall story. I have never seen people advertise Demon Slayer as the next level in battle shonen, while other shows like Jujutsu Kaisen, Jigokuraku and others do and it still have to past the test of time and see if they are fondly remembered by the community.

Dr_Ak said:

The normal
"Hey there are two groups, one good one bad. You are from the good group, and in the first episode/chapter you got a good reason to fight the bad side. What now, Training arc? Wow, you formed a group with some rookies. What your mom/dad is dead AND was very powerful? Also I forgot there are some top members on the good side, and Surprise Surprise, there are some top members in the bad group. The good side's leader is good and the bad side's leader is bad. And every time you kill the bad guy a flashback comes and now he is bad because of "reasons"? "
You know which anime I was talking about? You guessed it Bleach(and hundreds more)

So, you're pretty much proving me right that stale cliches and archtypes aren't the best thing when it comes to trying to animate the next level in shonen or as that other guy said "how battle shonen should be written".

alshu said:

Because I liked it
Because I liked it
Because I liked it
Because I liked it

That sums up your poor retorts to such a bold and empty statement on "this is how battle shonen should be written". Really? Normally people who make such radical statements against run of the mill structure come up with something more susbtancial to back them up.
KimurahJul 14, 2023 9:46 AM
Jul 14, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2018
Kimurah said:
That sums up your poor retorts

They are poor for you, but rich for me.

Kimurah said:
to such a bold and empty statement

Imagine anything being posted on the MAL forums being bold.

Kimurah said:
Normally people

But I am not people...
Also I literally want battle shounen to be written like that.
Jul 14, 2023 10:21 AM
Feb 2023
Kimurah said:
Dr_Ak said:

Actually, I never heard neither of them, because I don't read manga and I certainly take manga readers' opinions (specially in an anime discussion board) as valuable as a bucket of piss. because they love to oversale their crap and they just shrug down when the anime adaptation doesn't come out as amazingly as they advertised it.

Dr_Ak said:

This is such a dumb and silly take hipsters love to parrot around. If all it takes for a show to be massively apreciated is amazing animation, why didn't it work for God of Highschool? Why didn't it became the next demon Slayer? Oh that's right because amazing animation isn't the only thing that matters and poor writing along with poor execution made it a nice to look but totally forgetable show. Demon Slayer has "the looks" that attracts the early audience but most people stay because of it's simplicity of it's charming cast and the overall story. I have never seen people advertise Demon Slayer as the next level in battle shonen, while other shows like Jujutsu Kaisen, Jigokuraku and others do and it still have to past the test of time and see if they are fondly remembered by the community.

Dr_Ak said:

The normal

So, you're pretty much proving me right that stale cliches and archtypes aren't the best thing when it comes to trying to animate the next level in shonen or as that other guy said "how battle shonen should be written".

alshu said:

Because I liked it
Because I liked it
Because I liked it
Because I liked it

That sums up your poor retorts to such a bold and empty statement on "this is how battle shonen should be written". Really? Normally people who make such radical statements against run of the mill structure come up with something more susbtancial to back them up.

(I don't know how to quote only a part of the comment)

But I want you to re-read the statement I made about Bleach and insert DS there.

you yourself claim that it is cliché, but while I was writing I thought about DS and wrote Bleach at the last because I found them similar(and I changed "father" to "one of the parents")
So yeah we both can agree DS is cliché.
Happy Discussion. 👊
Jul 14, 2023 11:08 AM
Jul 2023
it was 15 letters worth of the word good
Jul 14, 2023 2:48 PM

Dec 2012
It’s really odd how they keep cramming personal story arcs in a couple of minutes every time someone dies.
Looks like Gabimaru’s artificial memories have unraveled after that overuse of Tao. Will probably watch the rest once it airs
Jul 15, 2023 12:48 PM
Aug 2020
amazing!!! cant wait for the next season
Jul 15, 2023 2:26 PM
Jun 2022
My only complaint is that the season is over, and the way it ended was sort of abrupt. I'm excited for the next one. The execution of these very complicated concepts (at least in my opinion) was done well and in a digestible way. I don't have huge problems with gore, so that may be an issue for certain people. The exploration of characters that aren't the mc, their relationships with the mc, and their discoveries pertaining to him without him being aware is an intriguing concept and one I don't think I've personally experienced before watching this. The show is about something completely different than you would believe when you start it but not in a whiplashy sort of way which I appreciate.
Jul 15, 2023 2:27 PM
Jun 2022
My only complaint is that the season is over, and the way it ended was sort of abrupt. I'm excited for the next one. The execution of these very complicated concepts (at least in my opinion) was done well and in a digestible way. I don't have huge problems with gore, so that may be an issue for certain people. The exploration of characters that aren't the mc, their relationships with the mc, and their discoveries pertaining to him without him being aware is an intriguing concept and one I don't think I've personally experienced before watching this. The show is about something completely different than you would believe when you start it but not in a whiplashy sort of way which I appreciate.
Jul 15, 2023 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
I enjoyed the end of the fight. Shion moments were amazing.

I appreciate Yuzuriha's ability to think clearly. her comforting Senta during his final moments was touching.

I refuse to believe that they will have the wife suddenly become a figment of his imagination. I'm not a fan of this amnesia stuff either. I hope that it won't take too long.
Jul 16, 2023 3:53 AM

Sep 2011
I can't wait for the 2nd season so I'd like to read the manga but, to be frank, I'm not a fan of reading action-genre in a form of manga.

Jul 16, 2023 4:34 PM
Apr 2019
I really enjoyed the fight, and then the final half of Gabimaru forgetting his memories really bugged me. Amnesia plotlines are one of the few things that drive me nuts. But overall what a fun season!
hi, how are you?
Jul 16, 2023 9:47 PM

Mar 2016
the animation got better for the finale episode but wow too many emotions........if gabimaru's wife isn't real i might just crumble
Jul 17, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2022
Ooh No Sagiri-San is that Admiration or Love?? Seems very interesting.
Perfect Ending for Season 2.
Mappa never Disappoints.
(67,386 Voted)
Ricky16Jul 17, 2023 9:42 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Why are the animations so bad? ( 1 2 3 )

ScrewFiction - Aug 27, 2023

119 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 11, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 9, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

313 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

361 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

556 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.