Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2023 1:24 AM

Sep 2018
corner_twist said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
"It's all my fault", runs away followed by autistic screech, followed by alone and depressed walk in rain, you cannot be serious. By FAR, the worst thing in this show lol

Watching the previous episodes, this almost feels parody like. What an embarrassing episode.

And you should be, my goodness, the drama was garbage today. This self loathing "everything is my fault", I don't buy it at all.
I'd hate to be one of those guys, but its mostly due to the subpar adaptation and the fact that it is finally starting to show.
Interesting. What are your concerns with the adaptation? It didn't capture the feelings or atmosphere properly or something? Pacing?

I'm anime only and am really enjoying this anime, at least before this garbo episode. They tried to convince me, but failed.
May 30, 2023 2:14 AM
Jun 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
corner_twist said:
I'd hate to be one of those guys, but its mostly due to the subpar adaptation and the fact that it is finally starting to show.
Interesting. What are your concerns with the adaptation? It didn't capture the feelings or atmosphere properly or something? Pacing?

I'm anime only and am really enjoying this anime, at least before this garbo episode. They tried to convince me, but failed.
Overall it has been quite a middling experience, but this episode stuck out more than usual. It has been something that is unable to capture the "floaty" feeling of the manga, if that makes sense. It was supposed to be more iyashikei-adjacent, but they seem to have completely forgotten about that aspect. Coming to the episode itself, the anime skipped several important scenes-

(How it was framed in the manga)
Edit- I also feel like the pacing is ass. They're adapting close to 100 pages per episode and not enough time is left for the scenes to breathe.
corner_twistMay 30, 2023 2:25 AM
May 30, 2023 2:16 AM

Nov 2021
Alfredo-Sauce said:
I'm wondering if Ganta's mom either passed away or had a divorce as there was another flashback with him as a kid with his mom (I don't recall if that has been brought up). If so I think he is blaming himself for that and with the rain cancelling his plans it was too much.

This scene hit me very hard, no mater how short and vague was.
Unfortunately i can think for only one event in life that adults explains on small kids with stars. But now I have a better idea why he's awake and his growing affection for Magari.
May 30, 2023 2:20 AM
Oct 2019
Damn not the Rain!! 😭

Yeahh dude stop blaming yourself about the Rain. Like what?
May 30, 2023 2:39 AM

Sep 2018
corner_twist said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Overall it has been quite a middling experience, but this episode stuck out more than usual. It has been something that is unable to capture the "floaty" feeling of the manga, if that makes sense. It was supposed to be more iyashikei-adjacent, but they seem to have completely forgotten about that aspect. Coming to the episode itself, the anime skipped several important scenes-

Edit- I also feel like the pacing is ass. They're adapting close to 100 pages per episode and not enough time is left for the scenes to breathe.
OK, interesting. No wonder the outburst and scene didn't do anything for me. If it was structured like you just wrote, then maybe it would have moved me. A bit disappointing, but oh well...
May 30, 2023 2:43 AM
Jun 2021
Yeah its unfortunate, but it is what it is I guess
May 30, 2023 2:49 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
eyeball relay race is pretty insane

Two dead shrimp got some kissing action before our two main characters. They were interrupted twice though, no telling where things would've gone if they were completely left alone to their own devices....

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 30, 2023 3:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad for the rain but they'll have more occasions... the bus stop scene was so cute too bad Shiromaru interrupted them ahah
May 30, 2023 6:21 AM
Sep 2021
Nakami and Magari are getting closer as the episodes go, they still need the push though to go forward.
May 30, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2020
Cute couple but senpai's reaction was cuter.
May 30, 2023 8:15 AM
Feb 2022
still like this show it is fucking good
May 30, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
everything just clicks.
May 30, 2023 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
There's kind of an uncanny valley of realism in anime
Like however realistic a show strives to be it's usually nowhere near actual reality. So if an anime embraces its un-realness there's no problem with it and I can enjoy the art as art, but if it tries to be realistic in tone a bit too much a certain phonyness and embarrassment clouds my enjoyment
Every other line I'd talk to myself 'there's no way a real person would talk that way' etc

This is less true for manga
May 30, 2023 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
on that bus waiting shed, how can that romance scene be so friggin' tense awkward!?!? lolz
5/5.
LOLZ Shiromaru got it all wrong haha..
matias067May 30, 2023 12:00 PM

May 30, 2023 1:46 PM
Jan 2021
good episode overall, but by far the highlight for me was the bit at the end with the shrimp.
May 30, 2023 2:38 PM
Oct 2017
good, but idk getting a little bit bored of the show overall, watching multiple episodes in a day is starting to bore me
May 30, 2023 2:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
corner_twist said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

They're probably trying to get to a specific scene with this pacing. Best case would have been a bigger episode count which couldn't be achieved beforehand, now they need to rush it. I'm enjoying it a lot nevertheless. 
May 30, 2023 4:03 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
This anime is set in the city of nanao..

Nanao is the 5th largest city in Ishikawa prefecture..
It's also one of least polluted cities in the world.. So perfect for star gazing..
But it rains 200 days a year and only has 1600 hours of sunshine hours..
So why the hell this guys are complaining about getting a tan...

It's a beautiful place nonetheless...

I think it's the only anime I've seen that's set in the city of nanao.

Anamizu is the best girl btw
This her in the future
https://myanimelist.net/character/15219/Ayuko_Hayami
ryo-sanMay 30, 2023 4:19 PM

May 30, 2023 6:28 PM
Mar 2019
Sooo...did they or didn't they? Or was it just an angled shot that hinted on it or not? hihi
May 30, 2023 7:34 PM
Nov 2022
All his work and effort went to waste because of the weather, what surprises me is Nakami's mentality, why blame himself for something he can't control?

On the other hand, Magari took the first step, although with a lot of doubt, but she did it, was it really a kiss or was it just a touch? I don't know, but at least there's already some romance, I like it xd
May 30, 2023 10:51 PM
May 2022
@LuisSV23
Nakami blames himself because of something related to his mom, if you check his home situation, it doesn’t look good. He seems to be doing all the cooking in the house while his dad is not looking very well-kempt. That dream of his mom he has is there for a reason. He says “all the time, it’s always like this for me”. That screams past trauma. Ukegawa hints more at the trauma with Ganta used to be more energetic before his insomnia took it all away.

Not only that he is a kind of a perfectionist too, when the shots of pics don’t come out right he got frustrated even though he’s a rookie a couple episodes back. Now imagine him being the one to set up a huge event, going out of his comfort zone to recruit help, then Mother Nature gave them the middle finger, wasting Nakami and his helper’s time. He’s rightfully livid and frustrated.
May 30, 2023 11:23 PM

Apr 2021
So did they actually kiss or was it a perspective mistake ?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 31, 2023 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
Man I was super pissed with the sudden storm ruining everything...

What was more frustrating though is how Nakami kept saying "it's all my fault". FFS, what exactly is your fault here bro?! Stop with that BS please. 
May 31, 2023 7:07 AM

Sep 2018
This episode had a lot of cues pointing out to Nakami's mother's absence, whether temporary or more likely permanent, being the cause of his insomnia. Besides the rainy day allegory of having one's effort nullified by powers beyond human control (weather/death), it's very likely a two-man family with only one breadwinner would be on a tight budget and couldn't afford to buy new shoes for a growing kid. Always appreciate it when a story takes the time to lay out little hints for the viewer to decipher. As they say: show, don't tell!

Each episode leaves me more and more in awe of how natural all the characters and their interactions feel together. Nakami and Ukegawa totally give off the vibe of real childhood friends whereas the personalities and dynamics in Magari's friend group seem authentic and diverse.
May 31, 2023 1:39 PM

Oct 2017
Damn that must have been so frustrating.
May 31, 2023 4:45 PM

Aug 2017
I always get a laugh from interrupted kiss and confession scenes
May 31, 2023 5:14 PM

Sep 2021
It might be because I watched 6 episodes of a really bad show over the last 24 hours, but this one was the first episode of this show that I liked for more than visuals and Shiromaru. Actually, I loved it.

The friends get some good development and I like them a lot more now. The comedy was on spot, the drama didn't feel exagerated and the romance worked very well in the given situation.
And most importantly: It wasn't boring! The pacing was good and there was finally enough going on to keep me invested.

I hope the next episodes can keep this up! I'd love to see more on Nakami's past - maybe I won't dislike him as much if I understand him more.
Jun 1, 2023 2:37 PM

Jul 2022
ngl nakami was very cringe this episode it was a little hard to watch
Jun 1, 2023 4:08 PM
Mar 2023
Nmms weeeeeeee fucking girl interrupted them againoooo what's wrong huh?🤨
I hope they show us what Nakami was like in the past and why he changed with more details from there on out, the ep was great
Until the other week 😸
Jun 2, 2023 7:20 AM
Oct 2021
This is also the best episode of Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia, it start with the spirit of nakami and friends for watching metor rain, but it happend not really like expected. there are a some deppresion fromnakami, but magari always cheer him up. THAT moment is the most wonderful thing in this eps. cant wait to see eps 9 of this anime.
Jun 2, 2023 11:26 AM
Mar 2021
man Gan-chan's messed up, like, in the head. can relate but man it was an uninteresting watch, they better leverage that "oh I'm so messed up" next episode and we'll get to know him more as a character cause ngl he's pretty weak in my eyes atm. Magari carrying the show as always and the arcade senpai scenes were funny asl ww.

but hey, and please correct me if you think I'm wrong, cause istg mmc's are the most poorly written character type in the genre. either they're a perfect, harem collecting pokemon master or they're some Shinji copy paste ass bitch for people to just insert their own helplessness in.. idk, but the redemption arc better come in hot on this one
Jun 2, 2023 11:29 AM
Mar 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
"It's all my fault", runs away followed by autistic screech, followed by alone and depressed walk in rain, you cannot be serious. By FAR, the worst thing in this show lol

Watching the previous episodes, this almost feels parody like. What an embarrassing episode.
frrr neither the show nor Nakami's lookin too hot rn
Jun 2, 2023 1:00 PM
May 2022
People hating on Nakami is a combination of the anime altering the pacing of the manga to move out some extra important context for why he’s actually blaming himself and the wacky performance from the VA (seriously, I don’t know what the fuck that was). Manga Nakami was way more subdued than whatever the fuck the anime is trying to portray him, a very strange set of decisions. Even in the bus scene where he cries is not shoved in the audience’s face but done with more grace. The point is that Magari is comforting him like he did for her last episode but the execution, the build up to him breaking down is much better in the manga.
Jun 2, 2023 3:57 PM

Jul 2016
Damn rain. I would have felt like shit too after all that effort. Good thing this situation brought Isaki and Ganta closer tho.

But Shiromaru-senpai... why?...
Jun 3, 2023 9:51 AM
Nov 2019
I love this show, but I think there's something that is not good enough.
Does the manga much better ? Thanks
Jun 3, 2023 10:49 AM
May 2022
Rinkitori31 said:

The manga is much more dynamic with the author’s top tier art, spreads and panelling. Even simple and mundane scenes are painted with emotions due to the way Makoto Ojiro handles it. Honestly, it’s an incredibly hard feat to transfer her style into anime format. Aside from a few exceptions, the anime is a pretty diluted version of the manga. The staff and direction is not what it should be for a source material of Insomnia’s caliber. A lot is left to be desired and the anime is relying solely on the manga’s writing most of the time without doing anything to elevate the source.
Jun 4, 2023 7:25 PM

May 2021
What a ridiculous melodramatic boy, anyways 1/10.
DiamondDimoDaddy said:
Rinkitori31 said:

The manga is much more dynamic with the author’s top tier art, spreads and panelling. Even simple and mundane scenes are painted with emotions due to the way Makoto Ojiro handles it. Honestly, it’s an incredibly hard feat to transfer her style into anime format. Aside from a few exceptions, the anime is a pretty diluted version of the manga. The staff and direction is not what it should be for a source material of Insomnia’s caliber. A lot is left to be desired and the anime is relying solely on the manga’s writing most of the time without doing anything to elevate the source.
Jun 5, 2023 11:19 AM
Jul 2021
Wholesome as fuck!
Loved it
Jun 8, 2023 4:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Rinkitori31 said:
Read a bit ahead for the next episode, artwork is beautiful. There's just not much being done in the anime medium to enhance the source material if at all, this is a very safe adaptation.
Jun 9, 2023 11:05 PM

Nov 2013
I rarely comment on these anymore, but that moment when they got interrupted by Shiromaru I just sighed. Such a tiresome trope.

Didn't even feel like watching anymore after that. Inb4 we have to wait until the last episode to get a confession. Now I remember why I don't watch romcoms.

Rest of the episode was fine I guess. Maybe a bit too melodramatic, but I can kinda see where Nakami was coming from.

Probably the worst episode so far. A shame because last episode was quite good.
FunnyRatmanJun 9, 2023 11:11 PM

Jun 13, 2023 4:46 AM
Dec 2017
ايه القرف دا يا قدعان 🤢
Jun 13, 2023 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
sombeody's gonna catch a cold
Jun 14, 2023 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
haha heavy rainfall goes brrr!!!
Jun 22, 2023 1:59 PM

Feb 2018
Definitely felt bad for Nakami this episode, with how bad he took it, but the group was together at the end so at least he has people to go to for help.
Jun 24, 2023 5:08 PM

Jan 2021
I love this show but I laughed so hard when Nakami ran out of the school crying.. what was that noise he made hahahaha
Jun 29, 2023 1:35 PM
May 2023
This show just keeps on getting better. I feel so bad for Ganta...
Jun 29, 2023 1:37 PM
May 2023
FreshWaters said:
I love this show but I laughed so hard when Nakami ran out of the school crying.. what was that noise he made hahahaha
Yeah, those noises Nakami keeps making is pretty funny lmao
Jul 3, 2023 8:40 AM

Nov 2016
"Philander" 🏃🏻‍♀️💨 And then the scene at the table. Shiromaru senpai is the best xD except for ruining the kiss.

Even if she did block them, they got closer again. So the party not taking place wasn't only bad and there's still a few more upcoming opportunities.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2023 5:12 AM

Jun 2019
Shiromaru Senpai is the coolest. LOL
Jul 18, 2023 9:35 PM

Mar 2018
The initial "I'm sorry" and running away while Magari got teary eyed felt a little forced and unnatural, probably the weakest episode so far but the ending was enjoyable with the bus stop portion and I just loved seeing Magari all shy going into the restaurant 
Celest__Jul 18, 2023 9:39 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

2 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
Yesterday, 5:47 PM

» English Dub???

ANIk_003 - May 14

16 by MrBoomTop10Anime »»
May 20, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2023

104 by winsonkeren »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.