Forum Settings
Forums

I don’t understand why anime is so much more popular than all other Asian media in the west.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2023 4:51 AM

Apr 2022
SaiteiDaOrette said:
First, lemme say that Thai dramas are definitely not objectively better than anime. I had to watch those with my mom as a young kid and they sucked ass (although maybe they’ve improved over time, who knows?)

Anime was probably marketed to Western audiences much more (and much earlier) than other forms of Asian media and thus was able to gain a steady mainstream following over time. It’s very versatile and appeals to many different audiences (whether it be cute girls or mature anime with heavy themes). It’s easy and convenient to watch (only having ~20 minute long episodes) which is especially relevant in an age where attention spans are at their all time low.

But I may be wrong, who knows? I don’t consume much Asian media except anime (and IPL cricket, if that counts haha)

Bro I’m Thai and let me ask you this: have you tried to watch actual good Thai dramas? I’m not talking about the trash that airs on television, I’m talking about the stuff on Netflix or streaming sites. Saying Thai dramas are shit because of the crap you’ve seen with your mom is like saying that American tv shows are bad after only having watched stuff like big bang theory and jersey shore.
Apr 27, 2023 4:52 AM

Apr 2022
ShatteredSans said:
I'm not gonna bother addressing most of what's said in this thread, cause you're obviously a troll, but anime isn't so much more popular than all other Asian media. Japanese video games have been incredibly popular in the west for a very long time. Some of the biggest gaming companies are in Japan, and many of the most popular and iconic gaming franchises originate from there. Japan is undeniably one of the biggest contributors to the gaming industry.

>shits on anime
> Must be a troll

Kek la kek
Apr 27, 2023 4:54 AM

Apr 2022
komic said:
your on a site that is dedicated to anime and you ask this? trying too hard there.

I don’t see what you’re getting at here. Lots of people here hate anime. Heck here’s one thread where most of the commenters are saying that RWBY is better than every anime and that anime is trash

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1471001

Just as you have users that love anime there are also folks that freaking hate it
Apr 27, 2023 5:01 AM

Sep 2009
Runasius said:
komic said:
your on a site that is dedicated to anime and you ask this? trying too hard there.

I don’t see what you’re getting at here. Lots of people here hate anime. Heck here’s one thread where most of the commenters are saying that RWBY is better than every anime and that anime is trash

Just as you have users that love anime there are also folks that freaking hate it
Those threads are from trolls who want to bully people who like anime. This is an anime site for people that like anime. If there are people who hate anime yet are still on this site then it's obvious why they are here. to troll.
Apr 27, 2023 5:01 AM

Apr 2022
yuurei_tokyo said:
Literally all the points that you just mentioned can also be applied to Western media too, lol.

Anime's just the most accessible. I don't see many KDramas getting translated. (Plus, Anime's cool.)

Why are you on an anime website if you hate anime so much?
mangomaster said:
man really just said bollywood is objectively better than anime

There are plenty of folks on this site that freaking hate anime. Just look at some of the people in this thread for instance. There are four users on there that say they hate anime

Apr 27, 2023 5:06 AM

Apr 2022
AnimeAnima said:
And then k-drama's happened.

Anime is still pretty niche, it's only because of the connectivity of the internet that anime fans can gather and share their love for the genre. It's like the same reason why people who supported the flu trux klan rally in Canada thought they were actually in the majority. It's an artificial bubble, if you don't make an effort to look outside every once and awhile it's rather easy to delude yourself into believing almost anything.

Not saying anime isn't popular, it's just not up there with live action. Yet.

Edit: not many people like Bollywood productions outside India and Indian expat communities. Outside of RRR I can't even think of any movies or TV shows that people talk about. And RRR receives many of the same criticisms most bollywood productions receive, that being they're over the top cheesy and entirely unbelievable. Like 70s HK and Taiwanese martial arts movies. Totally niche, only appeals to a certain audience. Anime trumps bollywood in popularity, k-drama's are mainstream in the west.

I haven’t heard much criticism regarding RRR so I don’t know where you’re getting this info from. Even freaking Thatanimesnob likes RRR and that dude hates every anime that came out recently.
Apr 27, 2023 5:10 AM

Apr 2022
DreamingBeats said:
for someone who hates anime, manga, etc, you do seem to spend a disproportionate amount of your time on said medium and on forums dedicated to said medium. just saying...

You do realize you can love something and acknowledge that it’s objectively garbage right? I freaking love a lot of anime, but truth be told on an objective level they are all trash. Even the ones regarded as being the cream of the crop have storytelling and animation worse than even a preschoolers cartoon.

You are allowed to like garbage. I love laughing at how ridiculous all these garbage anime are and some of them are so unintentionally hilarious that I end up adding them to my favorites.
Apr 27, 2023 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
Well, Squid Game managed to reach a broader audience than most any anime has, so I wouldn't make any definitive statements without corresponding date
Apr 27, 2023 5:16 AM

Apr 2022
bledsoe60 said:
Well, Squid Game managed to reach a broader audience than most any anime has, so I wouldn't make any definitive statements without corresponding date

Not really.

I’d argue that dbz, attack on Titan, Ghibli, your name, and one piece are way more popular than squid game. Also while they aren’t more popular, Kaiji and liar game both are more well respected than squid game.
Apr 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Dec 2021
Runasius said:
SaiteiDaOrette said:
First, lemme say that Thai dramas are definitely not objectively better than anime. I had to watch those with my mom as a young kid and they sucked ass (although maybe they’ve improved over time, who knows?)

Anime was probably marketed to Western audiences much more (and much earlier) than other forms of Asian media and thus was able to gain a steady mainstream following over time. It’s very versatile and appeals to many different audiences (whether it be cute girls or mature anime with heavy themes). It’s easy and convenient to watch (only having ~20 minute long episodes) which is especially relevant in an age where attention spans are at their all time low.

But I may be wrong, who knows? I don’t consume much Asian media except anime (and IPL cricket, if that counts haha)

Bro I’m Thai and let me ask you this: have you tried to watch actual good Thai dramas? I’m not talking about the trash that airs on television, I’m talking about the stuff on Netflix or streaming sites. Saying Thai dramas are shit because of the crap you’ve seen with your mom is like saying that American tv shows are bad after only having watched stuff like big bang theory and jersey shore.
Lol I gave up on Thai dramas waaaay before streaming services were popular... but if you say they're better now, maybe I'll watch one and change my opinion. Got any good recommendations?
Apr 27, 2023 5:31 AM

Oct 2022
I mean... those aren't really adapted for "western" tastes so.

Apr 27, 2023 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
Runasius said:
Tropisch said:
Oh, it's the "Velma is the best show" spammer again. Carry on

Velma is better than every comedy anime

Cope
Ok unfunny kiddo, whatever makes you sleep better at night.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 27, 2023 8:01 AM

Feb 2016
BilboBaggins365 said:
Boy bands were dead and Korea came in and filled the void for all the obsessed fetishizing teenage girls.
But we used to have boy bands in America too. Why did they die out if the demand is still here?

BilboBaggins365 said:
If Western animation was catering to certain audiences as much as anime did (YA media, adult media, edgy content and yeah more sex appeal for both sexes) anime wouldn't be that popular in the West.
The odd thing is that the west does have media catering to wide audiences, such as books. Why are studios here so reluctant to adapt these books? It seems almost any manga or novel can become an anime in Japan.
その目だれの目?
Apr 27, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 2019
I have been watching anime for a very long time. My first Anime I ever watched was Saint Tail, I never heard or new of Anime. My mom bought me this DVD, thinking I would like it. And you know what, that show changed my life. I always loved to draw, and I can't express the beauty, hand drawn scenes, the wonderful music behind the show. I have been watching anime since 2005, I was 10. What don't you understand? Have you ever picked up any form of a cinematic art form and went, wow, this is beautiful? If not, then I think that is pretty sad. Not every Anime is going to be a cinematic piece that changes your life. But the ones that do are the wonderful stories that make you feel something. Make you feel heard, listened to, and just enjoy. 

"Anime as a medium is so against what we in the west are told constitutes as good storytelling." Huh, who made this rule that we are told in the West what is a good form of storytelling and is not? I can name you so many American shows that are dog shit, shows that have zero thought or brain put into them. Where are you gaining these interpretations of mediums in America? Did you read an article? A magazine? What? Because I never heard this before. This sounds like something one would say who only consumes a specific thing. If you are not opening up your horizons or exposing yourself to international films, then this sounds like a weird interpretation. The west is not the main dominance of mediums. 
Apr 27, 2023 8:30 AM

Jul 2015
Well. First, you need to make it clear that you're talking about modern anime. Old anime is a lot less cringe and especially sexist in general  (Just don't watch anything that has Leiji Matsumoto's name on it I guess)

Second, you answered your own question. "It’s racist, sexist, there’s sexualization of minors, the dialogue is corny, the animation is objectively awful compared to all other country’s animation."
I don't know if you noticed but the anime community is racist, sexist, full of people who wank it to loli shit, think corny ass dialogue is the deepest thing ever, and good luck if you try to discuss animation with the average user.
And your last bit about every other country having better animation... Yeah just watch better anime lmao. Nobody ain't touching some of the big names like Akira, GitS (95), Redline, that gorgeous Macross movie, and other massive blockbusters of the Golden Age. 'cept maybe golden age Disney. Maybe. But that's a lot older.
DeathkoApr 27, 2023 8:35 AM
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
This is seriously the worst bait account. If you hate anime so much stop fucking watching it.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 27, 2023 9:27 AM

May 2020
Here is the bait thread of the month.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 27, 2023 11:35 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Lucifrost said:
BilboBaggins365 said:
Boy bands were dead and Korea came in and filled the void for all the obsessed fetishizing teenage girls.
But we used to have boy bands in America too. Why did they die out if the demand is still here?
Short answer: Western music labels are more concerned about pushing solo acts like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Drake, The Weeknd, etc  because they are easy to manage. In fact most groups with the exception of K-pop bands don't really dominate the US charts like they use to back in the day. 
Apr 27, 2023 11:49 AM

Apr 2017
Runasius said:
AnimeAnima said:
And then k-drama's happened.

Anime is still pretty niche, it's only because of the connectivity of the internet that anime fans can gather and share their love for the genre. It's like the same reason why people who supported the flu trux klan rally in Canada thought they were actually in the majority. It's an artificial bubble, if you don't make an effort to look outside every once and awhile it's rather easy to delude yourself into believing almost anything.

Not saying anime isn't popular, it's just not up there with live action. Yet.

Edit: not many people like Bollywood productions outside India and Indian expat communities. Outside of RRR I can't even think of any movies or TV shows that people talk about. And RRR receives many of the same criticisms most bollywood productions receive, that being they're over the top cheesy and entirely unbelievable. Like 70s HK and Taiwanese martial arts movies. Totally niche, only appeals to a certain audience. Anime trumps bollywood in popularity, k-drama's are mainstream in the west.

I haven’t heard much criticism regarding RRR so I don’t know where you’re getting this info from. Even freaking Thatanimesnob likes RRR and that dude hates every anime that came out recently.

RRR isn't an anime. Why would you look to some obscure anime critic for a review? Thatanimesnob, who? I've seen multiple movie reviews that said the exact same thing I did, it's over the top cheesy and entirely unbelievable.

Also why do you use this site? It seems like you haven't updated your list since last year. Some wacked out troll with dead ass opinions who likes to make bait threads. Well I do bite 😁

Apr 27, 2023 12:09 PM

Mar 2022
Runasius said:
yuurei_tokyo said:
Literally all the points that you just mentioned can also be applied to Western media too, lol.

Anime's just the most accessible. I don't see many KDramas getting translated. (Plus, Anime's cool.)

Why are you on an anime website if you hate anime so much?
mangomaster said:
man really just said bollywood is objectively better than anime

There are plenty of folks on this site that freaking hate anime. Just look at some of the people in this thread for instance. There are four users on there that say they hate anime

Just because there ARE other people on this site who hate anime doesn't make your thread make any more sense. Them being on here makes just as little sense as you being on an anime site.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Apr 27, 2023 12:23 PM

Aug 2020
Bcuz anime doesn't have progressist stupidity in most part. You just explained it yourself.

Apr 27, 2023 12:25 PM

Jul 2021
Runasius said:
Tropisch said:
Oh, it's the "Velma is the best show" spammer again. Carry on

Velma is better than every comedy anime

Cope
This right here, is the most brain dead take I have ever seen on this site
Apr 27, 2023 2:24 PM

May 2021
Runasius said:
Anime as a medium is so against what we in the west are told constitutes as good storytelling. It’s racist, sexist,

Aka it's not politically correct garbage

Runasius said:
there’s sexualization of minors

Yeah, that last bit might have more to do with the type of anime you choose to watch...
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Apr 27, 2023 2:40 PM

Aug 2018
The fact that anime doesn't often try to be cool, hip and trendy is what makes it so refreshing.
Apr 27, 2023 2:41 PM
Nov 2017
Gentlemen, and ladies of Culture... Can we not just reach a consensus that OP is a deranged individual with homosexual proclivities (commonly referred to as a fag), and call it a fucking day?
Apr 27, 2023 2:45 PM

Jan 2017
Hey, OP? Is your refrigerator running?
My pronoun is he, because I'll never be him.
Apr 27, 2023 2:54 PM

Jul 2021
This guy is probably a troll, mad respect for praising a terrible show during the peak of its hate bandwagon.
Apr 27, 2023 7:50 PM

Feb 2016
AddaeAkono said:
Lucifrost said:
Short answer: Western music labels are more concerned about pushing solo acts like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Drake, The Weeknd, etc  because they are easy to manage. In fact most groups with the exception of K-pop bands don't really dominate the US charts like they use to back in the day. 
Why are groups pushed so heavily in Japan and South Korea?
その目だれの目?
Apr 27, 2023 10:21 PM

Jun 2021
i think the anime it's more popular than other asiatic medium because are diffrent form the rest of animation in the world, its too diffrent from your today average western cartoon, i mean what's the probability for an american animation studio to produce something like "FLCL", "Angels Egg", "Akira" or "Kill la Kill" it's too f*cking  insane for normal American pepole, and it's great,  I LOVE THIS. 
AdriannitroApr 27, 2023 10:24 PM
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 27, 2023 10:28 PM

Jun 2021
Runasius said:
It’s no secret that anime has blown up in terms of popularity as of late. Saying it’s popular is a freaking understatement in fact, it’s a cultural phenomenon over here. Donghua, Asian dramas, bollywood, etc can’t seem to beat anime in terms of popularity and I don’t get it.

Anime as a medium is so against what we in the west are told constitutes as good storytelling. It’s racist, sexist, there’s sexualization of minors, the dialogue is corny, the animation is objectively awful compared to all other country’s animation and most importantly lots of people freaking hate it. Yet it still gets talked about and still has way more fans than other Asian mediums. You don’t see k dramas being as widely talked about as you see with Japanese animation. 

Why is it that anime, an objectively inferior medium and one that’s mocked by others for being for losers and mouth breathers somehow gets more popular than other better mediums such as donghua, Bollywood, k dramas, thai dramas and heck even live action Japanese cinema?
this must to be a joke, i watched your profile and you have seen already more than 190 animes 
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 27, 2023 11:05 PM
Jul 2021
Runasius said:
It’s no secret that anime has blown up in terms of popularity as of late. Saying it’s popular is a freaking understatement in fact, it’s a cultural phenomenon over here. Donghua, Asian dramas, bollywood, etc can’t seem to beat anime in terms of popularity and I don’t get it.

Anime as a medium is so against what we in the west are told constitutes as good storytelling. It’s racist, sexist, there’s sexualization of minors, the dialogue is corny, the animation is objectively awful compared to all other country’s animation and most importantly lots of people freaking hate it. Yet it still gets talked about and still has way more fans than other Asian mediums. You don’t see k dramas being as widely talked about as you see with Japanese animation. 

Why is it that anime, an objectively inferior medium and one that’s mocked by others for being for losers and mouth breathers somehow gets more popular than other better mediums such as donghua, Bollywood, k dramas, thai dramas and heck even live action Japanese cinema?

As someone who lives in india , bollywood doesn't even stand on the same platform as anime , its not even a remotely close debate .
And i have seen everything else asian too, but anime is simply better and keeps getting more and more innovative instead of repetitive
Apr 27, 2023 11:10 PM

May 2018
Adriannitro said:
something like "FLCL", "Angels Egg", "Akira" or "Kill la Kill" it's too f*cking  insane for normal American pepole, and it's great,  I LOVE THIS. 

Those aren't that popular tho, more of a niche titles.
What gets popular nowadays in the West are cringe feasts like Bocchi and Oshi No Ko, also edglord feasts like battles shounen and isekai.
Apr 27, 2023 11:28 PM

Jul 2021
cuz anime is just better. it is one of the most superior form of media second only to books and sometimes even better than them.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 28, 2023 12:49 AM
Aug 2013
Pretty simple reason...a lot of donghua don't get english dubs, they're normally fansubbed. Crunchyroll & funimation are the 2 main anime dubbing and subbing companies outside of japan, they buy the rights and licenses to use anime and they sub/dub them. And I think there's a few others like Aniplex, Bandai, Vizmedia, etc...those are huge businesses that basically sub and dub anime. Donghua doesn't have the same treatment really it's always fansubbed. 

The most popular donghua are actually the ones listed on here on MAL like Mo Dao Zu Shi and the kings avatar, they tend to actually get proper english subs and when they do their popularity is as good as any japanese anime. Actually there's more to it, part of the reason why Mo Dao Zu Shi did so well was because it didn't just have a donghua, there was a light novel and a live action tv series too. So maybe having more mediums like that helps it in some way too  
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 28, 2023 2:01 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Are you sure it's more popular than kpop and Korean drama...?
I don't understand why Korean dramas are so popular..

Apr 28, 2023 2:07 AM
Sep 2021
Another thread that's the definition of who cares? I mean, why does it look like everyone cares about anime being more popular than other Asian media? Go back to watching RWBY duh. 
Apr 28, 2023 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
I have watched so many Japanese comedies that I recognise about 20 actors.
They are always better than the anime too, especially Baka in wasteful days of a high school girl.

It is just a shame that they are so much harder to find because they are fan subbed.

I had to wait 8 months for the last Yuru camp one to be subbed, that's another one that is superb as a live action media.
Apr 28, 2023 8:01 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Lucifrost said:
AddaeAkono said:
I'm not sure if you seen the first episode of Oshi no Ko, but it was briefly explained why music groups such as idols are being pushed hard in Japan.
Apr 28, 2023 8:59 AM

Oct 2017
Lucifrost said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

BilboBaggins365 said:
If Western animation was catering to certain audiences as much as anime did (YA media, adult media, edgy content and yeah more sex appeal for both sexes) anime wouldn't be that popular in the West.
The odd thing is that the west does have media catering to wide audiences, such as books. Why are studios here so reluctant to adapt these books? It seems almost any manga or novel can become an anime in Japan.

For the first question no idea. You used to have stuff like NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys in the 90s then it died off with nothing to truly replace them. I don't know enough about pop music to really say.

As for the book question well again animation wasn't really looked upon well. Even for popular novels I think most would rather see live action as it's taken more seriously. That might change as stuff like invincible, Castlevania, Arcane get more popularity but we have a ways to go before it catches up to anime. 

I mean even with anime rising in popularity it still has nothing on actual popular live action show in the West. 
Apr 28, 2023 8:59 AM

Feb 2016
AddaeAkono said:
Lucifrost said:
I'm not sure if you seen the first episode of Oshi no Ko, but it was briefly explained why music groups such as idols are being pushed hard in Japan.
I have not seen Oshi no Ko. Idoly Pride explains that solo artists are no longer popular, but it doesn't explain why.
その目だれの目?
Apr 28, 2023 7:45 PM

Jun 2021
alshu said:
Adriannitro said:
something like "FLCL", "Angels Egg", "Akira" or "Kill la Kill" it's too f*cking  insane for normal American pepole, and it's great,  I LOVE THIS. 

Those aren't that popular tho, more of a niche titles.
What gets popular nowadays in the West are cringe feasts like Bocchi and Oshi No Ko, also edglord feasts like battles shounen and isekai.
It's because more people are adopting the japanese weaboo culture in the west, caused by the explosion of anime content this days. But i think it don't matter, cultures come and go since gilgamesh times.
Apr 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Feb 2010
Why are you even here? did you get lost are you using your brother account? where are your parents do you have parents? i don't go onto sports websites and tell them sports are trash. 

tv shows, books, music, art is subjective. If you can't stand people liking or disliking something you like or dislike just don't go on sites dedicated to that thing that simple. you reeks of insecurity and egotism. 
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 29, 2023 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
Runasius said:
bledsoe60 said:

Not really.

I’d argue that dbz, attack on Titan, Ghibli, your name, and one piece are way more popular than squid game. Also while they aren’t more popular, Kaiji and liar game both are more well respected than squid game.
you didn't even try to understand the argument or point. Plus, you are responding to every single perspn so you are clearly interested in proselytization, not debate
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite anime OST?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 15

37 by Synrax »»
57 seconds ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - 1 hour ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers?

IssyBoy - 8 hours ago

49 by Mortage_Frosty »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Jun 15

45 by rho34 »»
17 minutes ago

» Smoking in anime

JoeChip - 7 hours ago

25 by shin0by »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.