Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2022 4:06 AM
May 2022
Bocchi is pretty much designed to be the most relatable character ever, and it doesn’t help that I also play guitar lol
Dec 23, 2022 4:50 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I quite relate to Kita, just a usual normal girl with sometimes too much energy among my circle that I could be annoying to my friends 

Not to mention I give middle finger with a smile too when pissed off

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Feb 2020
Ryo, we're both people who are the quiet type irl, usually just looking chill and "emotionless" most of the time. We don't hate social interaction, just like some alone time sometimes. And I also relate to her empty wallet 🥲
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2022 9:38 PM
Jun 2021
i am kinda mix of ryou & nijika lol, will take the lead like nijika when surrounded with people like bocchi & ryou but with people like kita i will become ryou
Dec 23, 2022 11:17 PM
Jul 2021
i would relate with Bocchi on her overthinking and anxiety, Ryou with her sarcastic nature and her pride for being called weirdo.
Dec 24, 2022 9:34 AM

Jun 2019
A mix of Nijika and Ryou, but probably closer to Nijika. I play bass though, I think my username speaks for it.

But yeah, I don't really have problems interacting with anyone I want to.
Dec 24, 2022 4:47 PM
Jan 2018
I'm introverted like Ryou, have Bocchi's anxiety and play drums like Nijika.
Dec 24, 2022 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
None really... I have some social issues, but here they are ofc really overdone. They are all overdone like what you would expect from this kind of series, but...

daxwithoutflower said:
Definitely Ryo, I like to be alone, I don’t mind hanging out with people but I rather prefer to have a few friends

if any, then her.
I don't mind hanging out or even bigger parties, but I prefer small circles much more.
Dec 24, 2022 5:06 PM

Oct 2014
I don't. I would be closest to Ryou type in the past (albeit it's not really close either), but that was before all the shits in life.
Dec 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Aug 2020
None. Seek help if you think "these girls are literally me" is a good thing.
Keep scrolling
Dec 31, 2022 11:05 PM

Nov 2019
So far, I can't take a single character that seriously so I can relate to them. Maybe Ryou but then again just because bass guitar.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jan 1, 2023 4:50 AM
Feb 2012
Definitely Ryou.
I'm introverted af, but don't really have social skills issues, I just like doing things by myself and don't really see much value in group activities.
Jan 1, 2023 2:47 PM

Oct 2009
People say they're like Ryou but will have social anxiety eating alone or meeting new people. Then you are Bocchi lol
Jan 4, 2023 8:19 PM

Jan 2015
Definitely Ryo, I'll buy stuff when I can, but regularly I'll be the, "ah I'm good, I'll hold off on dinner," then like, not mind when I'm shouted, haha.
Jan 17, 2023 2:29 PM
Mar 2015
In terms of introvertedness? Definitely Ryo. It isn't a perfect match (duh, she is an anime character), but I can relate to some of her characteristics.
Social anxiety? Bocchi without a doubt. People who go on about her being exaggerated are nonsensical. Of course she is. She is not real and thus hyperbolic depictions of real things are fine to be used. But there were many a moment where she did or felt something and I could identify a point in my life, distant or recent, where I felt similarly. I've gotten better due to having seen an expert, but there are still plenty of moments where I'm struck by the anxiety. A particularly memorable moment in the anime that I can't forget was the one where she was going to enter Starry but couldn't work up the courage to do so and keep delaying by 5 minutes each time. I have done similarly many times, often with crippling consequences. Having to talk myself up for up to half an hour to even dare to ask someone to help me with something that would only take them 5 minutes at most and is inconsequential, or go somewhere unfamiliar. It doesn't surprise me pure introverts don't relate to her. Because she is not one. She is merely suffering from extreme social anxiety.
Jan 18, 2023 8:00 PM
Jan 2017
im only 3 episodes in and its gotta be bocchi, easily.  I've never seen a more accurate representation of social anxiety disorder.  we as a species, all experience social anxiety in one way or another, but when classifies as a disorder, SA can really mess up someone's life.. for whatever reason i've always been shy and reserved even as a young child, but that all changed when social anxiety attacked! highschool was an absolute nightmare that will haunt me for the rest of my life and at 24 I'm only just now beginning to truly heal from that. just existing was enough to send me into a panicked state. the only thing i learned in highschool was how to blend in so people wouldn't notice im there.  and i pretty much succeeded in that at the expense of all the fun experiences i could have had..  bocchi said something in the third episode about how the former guitarist might be "just like me!" but this idea is short lived when she realizes that isnt the case because unlike that girl, she is too socially anxious to even run away. that line resonates with me on a level no media has done before other than my SA help books.. never would i have imagined i'd one day relate to a pink haired anime girl lol
Jan 19, 2023 6:29 AM

Feb 2020
Well I have social anxiety so it's definitely Bocchi for me those moments when she overthinks everything she is gonna say is relatable.
Feb 2, 2023 12:01 PM
Feb 2022
Rimusimp said:
grape7676 said:

as an introvert who relates to bocchi i disagree

Atleast for me an introvert isn’t someone who can’t function as a human but rather someone who is just drained from hanging out with others. So I ended up feeling it was to stupid and absurd to be an actual portrayal of introvertedness. To each their own I guess

ok well bocchi is definitely exaggerated but that’s literally every anime bocchi definitely has the gist down tho
Feb 2, 2023 1:50 PM
Dec 2017
social anxiety is just more self-conscious and troublesome introversion, but still introversion (inner world and aversion to social situation), introverts aren't all the same. Also Bocchi's antics are exaggerated for fun/expression but her thought process is on point and quite detailed.
Feb 6, 2023 5:19 AM
Aug 2020
35yo future hikikomori Bocchi
Feb 6, 2023 5:28 AM

May 2020
I was once like Kita in terms of personality!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Feb 25, 2023 7:19 PM

Sep 2016
In high school definitely Bocchi, but with skill issues so I never picked up an instrument.

Some scenes were so relatable, to another level of relatable though.

That scene where she stands in front of the entrance going "one more minute", then five more, then ten, then waiting for someone else to come and open the door for her, then nervously walking in circles, it happened all the time, to me.
Never initiating conversations, that's me. (a lot of times I did it because I was so shy and not used that I didn't even know how to refer to the people I was going to speak, yeah I could've used the way my classmates call them but I never do it so what if I sound weird while calling them like that, so I usually used "you" or "err-" or something like that, very rarely).
Eating alone instead of in class, possibly in a place where nobody passes (so they will not stare at me while doing so), that's me.
Trying to appear interesting hoping someone else would start talking after seeing it, that's also me. It never worked and I always felt bad about that.
Starting mind trips where you imagine people considering you lame, cringe or uninteresting after speaking up about some common interest, making you decide to not start the conversation to not risk it, also me.
Always saying yes to anything asked with a little enthusiasm, because I cannot say no to energetic people, also me.
Fearing to share my ideas, even after seeing others' that suck in my opinion, also me.
Freezing in place looking like an idiot when confronted without the option to run away, also me. Ofc I didn't turn into dust nor my soul flew out of my mouth, although I definitely would have wished to be able to do such a thing to manage an escape.
Very few friendships, all of which not initiated by me, also me.
Not wanting to work, ever, for a living because all the involvements with things, and people. Yeah..
And I could go on.

edit: oh I forgot the part where I always dressed the same as well, tracksuits are just comfy, everyone in my school wore jeans of course, I didn't even have a pair at home.
And I also tried to get sick on purpose to miss something yeah. And it didn't work. And I got sick the day after. Very sick.

The me of nowadays is more closed to Ryou, I just learned to function and how to be introverted but not shy, that's it.
FullyChargedFeb 25, 2023 7:33 PM
bruh
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 15, 2022

312 by Harith29m »»
Yesterday, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

238 by uc207Pr4f57t9 »»
Jun 1, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

514 by kierancel »»
May 30, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

258 by Alrinth »»
May 27, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

750 by vit »»
May 26, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.