Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Mar 4, 2019 9:55 AM

Feb 2019
That banana experiment was freaky! But the plot is quite hard to follow sometimes.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 21, 2019 6:22 AM

Feb 2018
Makise Kurisu has come.
Jun 26, 2019 5:58 AM

Dec 2018
They introduced the branched timeline theory. Which makes my guess that this is the timeline that if Makise didn't die more convincing.

Makise suddenly know Okabe's whereabouts. What a stalker.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 1, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
That banana experiment made my jaw drop a little ngl...
Sep 7, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
Best girl will always be Ruka....but never forget he is a guy...but he is still very feminine...but he is a guy....but so slender....

Nov 11, 2019 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
Giving this one a 4. Better than the first; if only because the comedy was toned down a bit. I get it was to setup the characters and it worked, but it wasn't my favorite, honestly.

It's still weird and confusing, but it's starting to line up and I'm on board to see where it's going from here. Hasn't entirely won me over, but it's on the right track.

That new girl with the glasses; aloof and weird, she was intriguing. I want to know more. Kiryu something, I believe. (Only remember that thanks to S-CRY-ed)
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jan 2, 2020 2:47 PM

Feb 2019
An interesting episode with a interesting twist at the end! Im excited to see how this twist will play out!
Jan 18, 2020 2:20 PM
Jan 2019
John Titor poderia ter simplesmente voltado no tempo até o momento em que o computador que ele procurava era vendido, evitando ter que se manifestar na internet.

John Titor could have simply gone back in time until the computer he was looking for was sold, avoiding having to manifest himself on the internet.
Jan 30, 2020 8:38 PM
Mar 2019
"HOOoouuoo..san"
Jun 27, 2020 1:02 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Oof. I did not like the first two episodes at all. I thought they were pretty bad, I found the characters to be quite annoying. The only characters that I really like are the otaku and Mayuri.

The very ending of this episode got me interested, though, so I'll stick it out. Kurisu is a mysterious individual, and in an acceptable enough way to keep me watching with Flint Lockwood's antics. Ruka is pretty attractive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2020 1:31 AM
Feb 2019
ChartTopper60 said:
Oof. I did not like the first two episodes at all. I thought they were pretty bad, I found the characters to be quite annoying. The only characters that I really like are the otaku and Mayuri.

The very ending of this episode got me interested, though, so I'll stick it out. Kurisu is a mysterious individual, and in an acceptable enough way to keep me watching with Flint Lockwood's antics. Ruka is pretty attractive.

Steins;Gate is known to have a slow start so that's to be expected, I didn't liked the first couple of episodes that much either when I watched it but don't let the first couple of episodes fool you, that's simply the build up, once the build up is done then Steins;Gate will get amazing.
Aug 3, 2020 7:15 AM

Jul 2020
Resus-2 said:
ChartTopper60 said:

Steins;Gate is known to have a slow start so that's to be expected, I didn't liked the first couple of episodes that much either when I watched it but don't let the first couple of episodes fool you, that's simply the build up, once the build up is done then Steins;Gate will get amazing.

I’m glad I go to this forum to read some thoughts coz I’m actually planning to drop this anime after the first episode but I still give it a try. And though I still find it “slow” after this episode, that part when Okabe searched about John Titor and that last scene is pretty interesting enough to still give it a shot.

Hopefully I will not get bored before all this build up is done.
Aug 3, 2020 9:41 AM
Feb 2019
Soraaaxii said:
I’m glad I go to this forum to read some thoughts coz I’m actually planning to drop this anime after the first episode but I still give it a try. And though I still find it “slow” after this episode, that part when Okabe searched about John Titor and that last scene is pretty interesting enough to still give it a shot.

Don't drop it, the buildup in Steins;Gate is a bit slow so that's normal, a couple of my friends also planned on dropping it and I convinced them to keep watching it and after they finished it Steins;Gate became their favorite anime to date.

That being said, I feel the need to remind you about something important here, there are some people out there that likes to give a pretty bad watching order and trust me, their suggestion will degrade your experience with Steins;Gate.

People watching Steins;Gate for the first time needs to finish watching this anime (all 24 episodes) and ONLY THEN you can watch the OVA which are episode 25 and episode 23beta and THEN you can jump to Steins;Gate 0. Ignore any other suggestion from people because their suggestion will completely kill the climax of this anime.

This should be the order you should watch it:

Steins;Gate 01-24 > Steins;Gate Ova 25 > Steins;Gate Movie > Steins;Gate Ova 23beta > Steins;Gate 0. (The Movie is non-canon but it's still pretty enjoyable)
Aug 3, 2020 4:36 PM

Jul 2020
Resus-2 said:
Soraaaxii said:

Don't drop it, the buildup in Steins;Gate is a bit slow so that's normal, a couple of my friends also planned on dropping it and I convinced them to keep watching it and after they finished it Steins;Gate became their favorite anime to date.

That being said, I feel the need to remind you about something important here, there are some people out there that likes to give a pretty bad watching order and trust me, their suggestion will degrade your experience with Steins;Gate.

People watching Steins;Gate for the first time needs to finish watching this anime (all 24 episodes) and ONLY THEN you can watch the OVA which are episode 25 and episode 23beta and THEN you can jump to Steins;Gate 0. Ignore any other suggestion from people because their suggestion will completely kill the climax of this anime.

This should be the order you should watch it:

Steins;Gate 01-24 > Steins;Gate Ova 25 > Steins;Gate Movie > Steins;Gate Ova 23beta > Steins;Gate 0. (The Movie is non-canon but it's still pretty enjoyable)

Thanks for the suggestion! Saves me from doing my research hehehe. I will still give it a shot and maybe take it slow as well.
Aug 5, 2020 7:13 AM

Oct 2013
Ruka is not a woman, but it is actually a guy?! :o
Aug 18, 2020 7:03 AM
Aug 2016
i guess when a portion of a world destroy, the world will quickly create another world with the incorrect portion being re-corrected.
Dec 30, 2020 9:34 PM
Sep 2020
This anime so good
Jan 5, 2021 4:27 PM

Jan 2021
Honestly after not watching anime for quite some time I’m glad I decided to pick it up again and watch this (although I must admit my mind is beyond confused right now!!!).

Plus I can’t stop laughing at “Hououin-san”.
Jan 15, 2021 8:59 PM
Jan 2021
This one had my brain tired. First of all, in this alternate world John Titor doesn't exist? The famous time-traveler? How ironic... Next, the microwave is a time machine? Think about it, it teleported to the past when it was attached to the bunch. Argh! I really want to watch more, but I have to control myself. Great episode overall.
Mar 28, 2021 8:22 AM

Feb 2019
Things really make sense when you've gone through the story once
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 4, 2021 5:57 PM
Mar 2021
What?What?What?
Apr 18, 2021 5:32 PM
Oct 2019
"working theory: my brain and reality are at odds with each other"

ya don't say?!

still a bizarre show. and bizarre =/= good
Jun 13, 2021 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Minor pet peeve of mine is harems and/or non-harems with a large female/babe cast. These past two episodes really felt like they were trying to introduce us to a bunch of sexy anime girls for the sake of having a large hot-chick ensemble and nothing more -- and so the viewer can 'enjoy' the MC interacting with different chicks in different scenarios. It's really just the male lead, his nerd friend, maybe the landlord, and that's it -- cue the dozen chicks, and one boy-that-looks-like-a-chick. Idk. I have high hopes for this show given its score and acclaim, but I was disappointed when the theme song just showed girl after girl after girl.

Also, the a "childhood friend" with the hat isn't the greatest character -- yet. Being an airhead is one thing, but I just don't see her purpose yet. So I hope they expand on her.

I hate to complain. I'm hooked -- but my score as of two episodes isn't the highest, yet.

Something I DO like is that, the time travel stuff is the most complex aspect of the anime. Otherwise, there's not a lot of complicated lore and concepts to grasp. Just a college kid living in the city with a dream to be a mad scientist -- wholesome, really.

I'll wait to give this anime a score, but so far it's average.
Jun 13, 2021 10:07 PM

May 2016
AlexanderHD said:
Minor pet peeve of mine is harems and/or non-harems with a large female/babe cast. These past two episodes really felt like they were trying to introduce us to a bunch of sexy anime girls for the sake of having a large hot-chick ensemble and nothing more -- and so the viewer can 'enjoy' the MC interacting with different chicks in different scenarios. It's really just the male lead, his nerd friend, maybe the landlord, and that's it -- cue the dozen chicks, and one boy-that-looks-like-a-chick. Idk.

You know, its source material is a visual novel, and this was a pretty common thing in them at the time it was released (2009)

(I mean tgat there are many female characters and only 1 or 2 males). This doedn't make something harem, btw.
-
Jun 13, 2021 11:46 PM
Nov 2016
AlexanderHD said:
Minor pet peeve of mine is harems and/or non-harems with a large female/babe cast. These past two episodes really felt like they were trying to introduce us to a bunch of sexy anime girls for the sake of having a large hot-chick ensemble and nothing more -- and so the viewer can 'enjoy' the MC interacting with different chicks in different scenarios. It's really just the male lead, his nerd friend, maybe the landlord, and that's it -- cue the dozen chicks, and one boy-that-looks-like-a-chick. Idk. I have high hopes for this show given its score and acclaim, but I was disappointed when the theme song just showed girl after girl after girl.

Also, the a "childhood friend" with the hat isn't the greatest character -- yet. Being an airhead is one thing, but I just don't see her purpose yet. So I hope they expand on her.

I hate to complain. I'm hooked -- but my score as of two episodes isn't the highest, yet.

Something I DO like is that, the time travel stuff is the most complex aspect of the anime. Otherwise, there's not a lot of complicated lore and concepts to grasp. Just a college kid living in the city with a dream to be a mad scientist -- wholesome, really.

I'll wait to give this anime a score, but so far it's average.

Steins;Gate has a slow start, it will start building up all the awesome things that you will see later, this is a time traveling anime done right and it has a high rating for a reason, it's pretty damn good so for now just relax and enjoy the ride, the awesome stuff will come after a "certain episode" which I won't mention to avoid spoilers.

The awesome stuff which will happen later is actually awesome thanks to the buildup.
Jun 14, 2021 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
You know, its source material is a visual novel, and this was a pretty common thing in them at the time it was released (2009)

(I mean tgat there are many female characters and only 1 or 2 males). This doedn't make something harem, btw.

I appreciate the context. The era and original medium definitely explain the cast.

And I know a 2 male 7 female cast doesn't make it a harem, that's why I said "and/or non-harems with a large female/babe cast." But regardless, they both peeve me off the same. (I'm willing to admit that Kirisu is a babe, but as of Episode 7 I find the others to be quite irritating.)

But yeah, I forgot to consider both that it was a visual novel and from a time when harems were trending. And I do think the plot and subject matter make up for the incessant waifu dropping.

xZabuzax said:

Steins;Gate has a slow start, it will start building up all the awesome things that you will see later, this is a time traveling anime done right and it has a high rating for a reason, it's pretty damn good so for now just relax and enjoy the ride, the awesome stuff will come after a "certain episode" which I won't mention to avoid spoilers.

The awesome stuff which will happen later is actually awesome thanks to the buildup.

I appreciate the phrase "time-traveling anime done right", as if there's a whole genre of anime centered around the topic. And I hope there is, because I dig it. Actually, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" is on my PTW list, assuming you know what it is -- and that it supposedly deals with timelines.

I really am looking forward to that aspect of this anime. As of Episode 7, I won't spoil any details, but I'll say that things are finally starting to pick up. It's more 'intellectual' (as superficial as that sounds) than I thought, and they're really delving into the logic behind timelines and the properties of traveling between them.

I know nothing about what'll happen in the future, but I do see forum discussion traffic increase toward the latter episodes, so I'll stick around for the ride. Thanks for the encouragement lol
removed-userJun 14, 2021 8:58 PM
Jun 30, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2018
Well, the ending was kinda scary with the soundtrack lols.

So the banana teleported back to where it was after the Phone Microwave thingy was used. (still confused)
It went back in time, and whenever something is sent back in time it can't come back in its original state I guess?

Aside from that, comedy is amazing. Love Rin's personality and Mayuri's VA.
Our red haired girl is back again..
SideCharacterKalJun 30, 2021 11:55 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 2021 8:23 PM
May 2021
IS IT NORMAL TO BE THIS CONFUSED???
Jul 7, 2021 8:38 PM
Nov 2016
samisamisamisami said:
IS IT NORMAL TO BE THIS CONFUSED???

Yeah it's normal to be confused for now so don't worry about it, everybody got confused at first but everything will make sense as you keep watching it.
Jul 7, 2021 9:17 PM

May 2016
>people watching a MYSTERY anime
>complaining about being confused

Classic
-
Jul 21, 2021 1:45 AM
Jun 2017
Been ten years since it already aired. This 'But he's a guy!' scene will be the most famous scene in a classic anime!
Jul 21, 2021 10:20 AM
Dec 2017
that op and ed is by far a massive banger.

Sep 1, 2021 4:50 PM
Oct 2020
this episode was crazy, I don't know if the protagonist is crazy or if he's a genius or a crazy genius

luka has already become one of my favorite characters from this

the end was "what the hell", I feel the redhead is hiding something from them, and she won't reveal too much sooner, and the coffee scene was amazing, but I feel it lasted a long time with several conversations about "the evil organization ooohhh"

at last good episode, i hope more from the next
Oct 11, 2021 6:00 PM

Jan 2021
It’s attached it’s like the bannna itself went to the past before it was picked
Jan 3, 2022 12:42 AM

Jan 2022
So we got a trap, a gel banana that had been teleported based on Kyouma, Makise (she's like a tsundere) well she's fond of degrading Kyouma. Btw I couldn't say that the banana go back in time because the banana just got restored on its place but it looks weird maybe there is some sort of side-effects well so far I'm still trying to comprehend with this and the last episode, I hope I'd get more clarified about what's happening after I watch the next episode
Feb 15, 2022 1:45 PM

Dec 2019
Its a trap a cute one too lol

And teleporting banana
Apr 30, 2022 7:43 PM
Jan 2021
Still questioning how this is boring

The trap lol and im glad the tuturu keep coming

Things are really getting interesting i can't wait to find out what really is happening it really is entertaining it's just one of those few shows that i watch where in my head just keep making theories of what really is happening

Great episode and also the people who were saying ep 1-12 is really boring looks like it ain't true personally speaking
May 4, 2022 10:36 AM
Jan 2022
I still have no idea what's going on. Really like it so far but the only downside is the headaches I'm getting watching this so far trying to comprehend what's going on
Jun 21, 2022 6:52 AM

May 2016
taflinder said:
unlike the last episode I actually wanted to keep watching this one. Really interesting twist at the end. And Ruka is a girl!?

IF THERE'S A HOLE THERE'S A GOAL

He is called Luka, and he is a boy
-
Jul 29, 2022 1:47 PM
Apr 2014
Seriously!? They really left out the best voice line in the entire VN... Miyano Mamoru calling after a missing banana is absolute comedy gold.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
Aug 20, 2022 6:09 PM
Nov 2021
delete mayshi pls
Oct 3, 2022 6:44 AM
Sep 2022
The early episodes are confusing. And side characters are just OK.
Oct 10, 2022 10:29 PM

May 2022
this is getting even more interesting, Kurisu going all out to disprove Rintarou's claims on time machines, kinda confused but really interesting at the same time. Ruka is a cute guy and I loved the maids at the restaurant. Anyways, it seems that the concepts of parallel worlds have to do with the mystery behind Kurisu's death and Rintarou's situation, along with the books and fame on John Titor? Moeka is possibly searching for an old PC and the experiment with the banana was really interesting, being bundled with the other bananas while being a gel-bana. I'm already captivated by this anime, especially with the cliffhanger.
Oct 10, 2022 10:59 PM

May 2016
AwesomeAli2832 said:
this is getting even more interesting, Kurisu going all out to disprove Rintarou's claims on time machines, kinda confused but really interesting at the same time. Ruka is a cute guy and I loved the maids at the restaurant. Anyways, it seems that the concepts of parallel worlds have to do with the mystery behind Kurisu's death and Rintarou's situation, along with the books and fame on John Titor? Moeka is possibly searching for an old PC and the experiment with the banana was really interesting, being bundled with the other bananas while being a gel-bana. I'm already captivated by this anime, especially with the cliffhanger.

Just a bit nitpick and grammar nazism: It's Rintaro and Luka
-
Nov 3, 2022 7:31 PM
Jul 2020
Yea its interesting what is going on...
Nov 14, 2022 9:53 AM
Nov 2022
A little complicared, but i'm loving it
Dec 12, 2022 5:22 PM
Jun 2022
a well writen piece, have to watch it
Dec 21, 2022 12:37 PM
Nov 2022
still confused but in a good way
Mar 13, 2023 4:33 PM

Feb 2020
none of this makes any sense to me :))) and they are introducing a lot of characters very quickly :))) but i'm rolling with it! there are hints of something interesting under the surface so i shall see! makise kurisa seems cool though
Mar 30, 2023 3:34 AM
Mar 2023
Bro im still confused this better be worthwhile I heard this anime is really good I'm just trusting word of mouth
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rezurrekt - Jul 13, 2011

270 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 5, 2011

462 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jun 28, 2011

630 by FarCritical »»
Sep 26, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

688 by rimopa »»
Sep 26, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BladedWarrior - May 31, 2011

420 by Dienen »»
Sep 26, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.