Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2022 12:31 AM
Oct 2022
animejas said:
The music was awesome in this episode, and I loved this ED song from Maximum the Hormone wayyyy more than the previous week. I loved their songs prior to this, and even their Death Note OP was awesome in capturing the live breakdown of Light Yagami in that opening form. And they did a hell of a job with this ending too in radiating that chaotic yet hype energy really well here, with visuals complementing that batshit intensity so well.

Rest of the episode was decent, not as enjoyable as the previous episode but this was still a fine showing. The action still isn't perfect with the CGI since like the first episode, had moments where it looked really damn great and moments where it felt off and immersion-breaking, but this fight with the Bat Devil wasn't as distracting in its flow and CG usage as the first one. The music definitely carried the fight's atmosphere and energy for me more than MAPPA's animation for this fight since there was some weight lacking to it that didn't hit the same kind of intensity and brutality as the manga, but for the medium, it did a solid enough job to still have a cinematic feel to it despite some weight issues being present at times. There is actual efforts in being creative here with the sequencing so I won't go too hard on it, plus the backgrounds and other character acting displayed the episode through frames and various shots were really solid too. The compositioning has been a big step up for me in this series than a lot of MAPPA's other major hits in recent times so that's a good sign 3 episodes in.
Most of the actions scenes were completely 2d. There was only like 10 seconds of cgi in this episode.
Oct 26, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2022
TheColonel76 said:
It goes without saying, the Bat Devil fight looked amazing lol, it doesn’t even matter that Chainsaw Man is CG, the CG is also fantastic, it blends so well with the animation. Not only did it look amazing, the fight was really cool as well, the Bat Devil betraying Power and eating her and her cat definitely helped with wanting to see his ass get shredded and thankfully Denji delivered that justice. I also liked the irony of Power telling Denji that humans are foolish only for herself to be fooled seconds later lol, rip the cat tho, I hope the fact it was in a cage means it’s okay.

Also loved the comedic bits in this one, Denji getting promised a feel of Power’s boobs immediately changing his mind about cats was great lol. Also gotta respect the cameraman for holding on Makima’s ass so long in the beginning. And yet another awesome ED, a very cool song and beautiful visuals to go with it, my playlist is ever expanding with this show lol.
Chainsaw Man was not cg most of the time. Most of the action scenes were completely 2d.
Oct 26, 2022 12:38 AM

Aug 2017
Absolutely epic episode. Mappa keeps releasing bangers after bangers.

It was bloody fantastic. The visuals and animation were just breath taking.
Denji slashing at the Bat Devil was too badass. Go rescue Power. Go! Go! Go!
Rev that chainsaw up. Wooohoo!!!

And ED song was amazing. Too chaotic but it fits well with the nature of the show.

10/10

Oct 26, 2022 12:43 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode, some of “Chainsaw Man vs Bat Devil” shots were jaw-dropping! Crazy sakuga. The chainsaw sounds give me life.

The ED is a damn mess tho, started out catchy and then became shit, really dislike this band 👎

Oct 26, 2022 12:47 AM

Apr 2010
Tanaka's direction and animation was amazing!
Oct 26, 2022 12:56 AM
May 2022
some animation are broke but the left is good as h
Oct 26, 2022 1:00 AM

Mar 2021
Dukino said:
This show needs Pochita back badly. The emotional core of the show gone way too soon. I greatly enjoyed the first episode showing how Denji was working hard to claw his way out of poverty and overcoming it with Pochita by his side. But now its like the author completely abandoned that emotional connection in favor of devolving Denji into I wanna touch boobs guy. Its borderline insulting to the character to start off with such heavy empathy then just make him a dumb simpleton only after boobs. Its total whiplash. Which is something else this show doesn't do well in my opinion. There's too many lingering shots and silent moments. Idk what the point of those are but they slow things down to a halt and honestly suck. Most of the beginning of this episode are these meandering moments of wasting anywhere from ten to fifteen seconds each time. To me this seems like the type of story that needs to keep its peddle to the floor and not linger on these slower moments. The action and emotion need to feed into one another not be so severely disconnected. Mappa is really saving this show for me, any lesser studio handling this and it not looking so good and having such a great production would make me drop it.

The funny thing is, your complaint about slow scenes is completely Mappa’s fault. Not the author’s.

Oct 26, 2022 1:01 AM

Dec 2017
Perfecto Mundo. EVERRYYTHING
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Oct 26, 2022 1:19 AM

Jul 2016
Paul_Foreign said:

The funny thing is, your complaint about slow scenes is completely Mappa’s fault. Not the author’s.

Mappa want you to appreciate their sakuga visual
Oct 26, 2022 1:21 AM
Oct 2020
The fight scenes are incredibly animated and dynamic.
Oct 26, 2022 1:25 AM
Oct 2022
best motion and fight i love it
Oct 26, 2022 1:27 AM

Jan 2019
God, what a great episode. Wish there was more emphasis on the comedy aspects, but nonetheless it was almost as funny as the manga. Animation was superb, even the CGI is great, the Bat Devil vs Chainsaw Man fight was really good. Especially the ending, that was hype as.

An interesting observation is the satirical take on Shounen protagonists. A lot of them try and save women and children, but what about average guys? For Denji, he just doesn't give a shit about those people. His motivation to even save Power in the first place is pathetic too, another satirical take on protagonists with ambitious goals. Quite the deconstruction, one of the reasons why I enjoy this series compared to other shounens.

What. A. Fucking. Shot.

ED 3 is fucking amazing, as expected from Maximum The Hormone. A mix of different subgenres, quite experimental and overall perfectly fits the tone of Chainsaw Man. Phenomenal visuals too, really fits the song.

Paul_Foreign said:

The ED is a damn mess tho, started out catchy and then became shit, really dislike this band 👎

I will not accept this ED 3 and Maximum The Hormone slander
ElucidOct 26, 2022 1:31 AM
Oct 26, 2022 1:29 AM

Oct 2013
Best episode so far the animation was amazing.
Oct 26, 2022 1:37 AM
Dec 2021
POWER POWER POWER SOOOOO ADORABLE
Oct 26, 2022 1:37 AM

May 2014
The ED for this episode was my favorite by far, I took so many screenshots. I can't wait for a textless version someday because there is so much crazy good art, straight wallpaper material.

Lots of symbolism in that ED as well. Not to mention the song itself slaps. MAXIMUM THE HORMONE delivered once again.

As a longtime manga reader I am super satisfied with how all of this has been adapted so far, so excited for the coming weeks!
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Oct 26, 2022 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
That bat devil fight is goated bruh 🗿🗿🗿
Oct 26, 2022 1:53 AM
Oct 2021
the boob scene was hilaroius
Oct 26, 2022 1:54 AM
Oct 2021
suprisingly great cgi
Oct 26, 2022 2:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The animation is really good, but what I really love is the small details they add in the sound design; particularly the hum of these vending machines

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 26, 2022 2:10 AM
Mar 2020
Yeah alright, it's gonna be a masterpiece.
Oct 26, 2022 2:24 AM
Jul 2020
I mean I like it but denji is such a bland MC to me, and the worst part is that I'm quite deep into the manga and I know it doesn't get better. 3D is also something I'm a little bit disappointed, it's good but idk I was probably expecting ufotable level of good it's MB for setting up expectations too high. The soundtrack freaking slaps on the other hand.
Oct 26, 2022 2:33 AM

Jul 2015
I hope nyankoo the cat is safe!!! idc about power
Oct 26, 2022 2:36 AM
Dec 2017
Je suis tellement heureux d'être en vie pour voir ça.

Chainsaw Man has healed my depression
Oct 26, 2022 2:46 AM
Mar 2021
the fight was kind of lame but visually great.

poor power and her cat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2022 3:03 AM

Mar 2008
Animation looked good this episode. More 2D in the fight scenes. I think Power did actually care for the cat out of loneliness causing a bond even though she originally wanted to eat him.
Oct 26, 2022 3:26 AM
Jan 2016
Something is missing
Oct 26, 2022 3:33 AM
Oct 2022
Another 10/10 banger
MAPPA are on a roll
Oct 26, 2022 3:33 AM
Feb 2021
it's fucking cool bro
Oct 26, 2022 3:45 AM
Jan 2021
what a great episode! we got to see more of denji in his chainsaw mode. I kinda feel bad for power but its karma, however i have a feeling that she and her cat will be fine.
Oct 26, 2022 3:46 AM

Sep 2022
that was another fire episode, i'm glad it didn't end on cliffhanger where he was about to end the fight.

also the different ending songs on every episode seems too pointless to me tbh, but i'm liking it.
Oct 26, 2022 4:21 AM

Sep 2020
Decent episode. Seeing Denji and Power find a combined interest in pets was soothing, although I thought that Power would eat the cat at first, with her being a fiend, but I'm glad that it turned out differently. The CGI and animation were top-notch as always. Other than that, the episode was boring, liked ep 1 a lot more cause of its storytelling, and as of right now the fights ain't doing it for me, but I hope that changes.
Oct 26, 2022 4:26 AM
Oct 2022
I get Eyegasm from the animation, this is more than i expected, I really love this Episode so much, it is beyond perfect
Oct 26, 2022 4:30 AM
Oct 2022
it was more interesting than the last two episodes!
Oct 26, 2022 4:58 AM

Jul 2016
Kashzi56 said:
Overall the episode was quite the enjoyment for me

So many cool parts.

The moment that bat ate the cat... fuck me dead. I knew shit was about to go down.
Oct 26, 2022 5:00 AM
Oct 2019
Meow Meow...

Gimme my tits back!! LMAO

Action scene was Amazing!!
CGI are blend so well, it looks really good..
Oct 26, 2022 5:05 AM

Feb 2022
the op and end songs are great, the fight between denji and the bat devil was amazingly executed like the animation was insanely good tbh. very hype,fun and overall great episode. curious to see watch the 4th episode. i love this anime.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 26, 2022 5:12 AM

Dec 2020
The animation was FANTASTIC! I really like the adaptation so far.
Oct 26, 2022 5:18 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Rockstar117 said:
TheColonel76 said:
It goes without saying, the Bat Devil fight looked amazing lol, it doesn’t even matter that Chainsaw Man is CG, the CG is also fantastic, it blends so well with the animation. Not only did it look amazing, the fight was really cool as well, the Bat Devil betraying Power and eating her and her cat definitely helped with wanting to see his ass get shredded and thankfully Denji delivered that justice. I also liked the irony of Power telling Denji that humans are foolish only for herself to be fooled seconds later lol, rip the cat tho, I hope the fact it was in a cage means it’s okay.

Also loved the comedic bits in this one, Denji getting promised a feel of Power’s boobs immediately changing his mind about cats was great lol. Also gotta respect the cameraman for holding on Makima’s ass so long in the beginning. And yet another awesome ED, a very cool song and beautiful visuals to go with it, my playlist is ever expanding with this show lol.
Chainsaw Man was not cg most of the time. Most of the action scenes were completely 2d.

That just goes to show how good it looked then lol
Oct 26, 2022 5:26 AM
Jun 2014
Ep 3 was cool. I'm overall just really enjoying what's currently out of the anime. Highly considering reading the manga.. I'm just waiting for my boi Denji to cop a feel 😂😭
Oct 26, 2022 5:28 AM
Apr 2022
that was good i love it and waiting for next episode
Oct 26, 2022 5:28 AM
Sep 2021
Keeps me coming back
Oct 26, 2022 5:29 AM
May 2021
This new episode was just perfect in every aspect!
Oct 26, 2022 5:38 AM
Jun 2019
Tbh, I'm kinda mixed about this episode.
I mean there are a lots of sudden cuts between frames especially in a fight scene.

Don't get me wrong, I love CSM, but this episode was just, WIERD.

But at least the scene between Power and Nyako are so wholesome.
Oct 26, 2022 5:49 AM

Mar 2020
loved the ed!! the background music which plays during the flashback scenes is just perfect!!
Oct 26, 2022 5:56 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Another mid episode that had more of best girl.
Oct 26, 2022 5:57 AM

Oct 2009
Production is soooo good! The OST compliments everything so well!!

Any hope for the kitty to be alive? :<

ED was so wild, my favorite so far! Maximum the Hormone does it again!
Oct 26, 2022 5:57 AM
Sep 2021
the manga still has the better art imo but the music is insane. I haven't read all the manga yet though, so I'm excited to see where the story goes
Oct 26, 2022 5:58 AM
May 2021
Oct 26, 2022 6:17 AM
Oct 2022
LOVED THIS EPISODE.BEATIFUL FIGHT SEQUENCE AND THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED UNCENSORED..
Oct 26, 2022 6:24 AM
Feb 2021
Amazing characters, animation, OST's and a new ending that is also a bop!

Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

1017 by rixbrnn »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

586 by Takeshi11 »»
Yesterday, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

736 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Oct 18, 10:07 PM

» Mappa should have done something more ambitious!

Rizaadxn - Dec 19, 2021

47 by Oongbuh »»
Oct 7, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2658 by Hanzo786 »»
Oct 6, 12:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.