Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2022 1:21 PM
Feb 2015
The end of this episode is so much more intense than any of the previous ones !
Sep 6, 2022 1:28 PM
Jul 2016
Extremely disappointed by the pacing and the directive choices that led to the shortening of all the content to a single season. This episode in particular showed the breakneck pace that they are trying to run at and it is not pretty, even if you have not read the novel for context.

Beyond that, whoever has actually read it will notice an exponential increase in missing *character defining* moments.
Sep 6, 2022 1:34 PM

Oct 2017
Chushkopeck said:
Extremely disappointed by the pacing and the directive choices that led to the shortening of all the content to a single season. This episode in particular showed the breakneck pace that they are trying to run at and it is not pretty, even if you have not read the novel for context.

Beyond that, whoever has actually read it will notice an exponential increase in missing *character defining* moments.

Like what, could you list these parts
Sep 6, 2022 1:35 PM
Aug 2014
RIP to our king for a day.

also good luck with Neuronist, my lord.
Sep 6, 2022 1:35 PM
Oct 2021
I really loved this latest episode. Just like Caesar was disgusted by the lowly people who murdered and decapitated Pompey after he was fleeing to Egypt to seek assylum from Caesar. This show showed kinda the same concept. Yes, you might have murdered my adversary but this man had my respect and I held him in high regards, you on the other hand murdered him in cold blood for a selfish mundane reason. Ainz might've spared their lives but at what cost? To live in Hell.

If I had to ask for one little thing, it has to be that the scenes regarding the 3 hero factions; the Drop of Red, Blue Roses and Black Scripture felt a bit awkward(?). I would've liked to see a bit more scenes dedicated to that so that I had a better idea of the situation as to why they met with who they met, why they chose that location, why they acted the way they did and what the significance was of each person.
But even with this minor grip, it was still followable (words are hard) and I can't wait for the last 3 episodes because this one set us up for the spectacular ending.
Sep 6, 2022 1:38 PM
Oct 2016
Great episode that shows the despair of the enemy forces and how cruel war can be.
Sep 6, 2022 1:45 PM
Jul 2016
Chanbara said:
Chushkopeck said:

Can't discuss source material in detail here but I'll just mention that Azuth had additional dialogue with the Black Scripture that showed more of him than just his sleaziness. Don't get me wrong, he is a sleazy bastard but he has a bit more than that going for him too. More light was shed on the Scripture and Theocracy as a whole, it's not meant to be a one-off encounter. What we have in the anime feels like it was cut halfway through.

I feel anything beyond this would go into too much detail and be against the thread's rules.
Sep 6, 2022 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
Man I feel pretty bad about Zanac, he was a genuinely good Noble and great would to be king, it was "nice" he died with honor until the bitter end but shame it happened anyways, at least those nobles are going to get what they deserve, kinda hoped Ainz would have revived Zanac but much like with Madoka Magica it is better to keep expectations in check and expect suffering.
Sep 6, 2022 1:58 PM
Feb 2021
hyped for episode 11
Sep 6, 2022 2:12 PM
Sep 2021
Calling him just a 'Human' ? I wish he was alive only to see the terror that has fallen on his kingdom and the people that betrayed him
Sep 6, 2022 2:25 PM

Jan 2022
I only remember that this war happened by one person, really stupidity is very scary. RIP future king who has to endure all this trouble because of one person's stupidity and also gets a bad ending because of stupidity too. I hope a bad ending is also given to the person who caused it. In the end all the stupidity that happens gets the result according to the stupidity done.

Solid episode 5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Sep 6, 2022 2:36 PM
Apr 2016
Crazy, its finally beginning. What we have been waiting for 4 seasons
Sep 6, 2022 2:37 PM

Feb 2018
I'm expecting one hell of a blood bath next episode after that ending.
Sep 6, 2022 2:53 PM

Aug 2018
Jaytaro10 said:
Ains was pissed to the core. "Don't kill them unless they beg for mercy". Damn

My favorite is the next sentence to that: "Even if they beg for death, don't kill them too quickly."
Sep 6, 2022 3:04 PM
Jul 2017
I think I'm happy and angry at the same time because We claerly see the hate in Ainz voice
Sep 6, 2022 3:05 PM
May 2020
perfect perfect i love this anime to be honest its good but slow going series
Sep 6, 2022 3:07 PM
Oct 2020
davidyodo24 said:
聖王国 (seokoku) Holy Kingdom
ン法国 (nhookoku) Theocracy

Thank god Bilibili didn't make a mistake like Crunchyroll did.

Red Drop Member have a good design, i like it.
the question is which one is the Red Gundam?

But, RIP Zanac a.k.a Fat Kurapika!!

You’re talking about the sub translation being drop of red on Crunchy this ep, and the mix up of ep 8, that was a whole bunch of wut, especially with the skip for movie.
Sep 6, 2022 3:08 PM
Jul 2017
CalicheSenpai said:
Jaytaro10 said:
Ains was pissed to the core. "Don't kill them unless they beg for mercy". Damn

My favorite is the next sentence to that: "Even if they beg for death, don't kill them too quickly."

It's also mine! When I heard, even not knowing Japanese I trembled!!!
Sep 6, 2022 3:18 PM

Apr 2017
Rorek said:
Ainz could ress Zanac no problem if he wanted

zanac's death was inevitable but what ainz wanted was to at least give him his honor with his death and his entire kingdom all at once not this way with traitors handing him his head, there was a face to save now it's been mutilated by mutiny and consequences must be faced, a fate worse than death is on the way for them.
Kirito_onlineSep 6, 2022 3:24 PM
Sep 6, 2022 3:19 PM

Apr 2018
great fucking episode, time for a big ass war to begin w ainz

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 6, 2022 3:48 PM
May 2017
Dezolator said:
Way too much blubbering and little progress.

typical casual brain dead viewer right here lol talkimg about progression this is the progression we all waiting for

RIP Zanac it seem Ains is angry on what happened with him

Sep 6, 2022 3:56 PM
Mar 2019
Never disrespect a man with honor.
Sep 6, 2022 4:40 PM
Mar 2013
Ains and the prince's conversation was the most interesting part, I think.
Sep 6, 2022 4:42 PM
Oct 2017
R.I.P XXL Kurapika
Sep 6, 2022 4:47 PM
Aug 2019
it was the darkest episode so far even darker than the one in season 3 ep 8. I loved how the prince and ainz become friends while talking for few mins and and how he was betrayed even though he cared about his people and request ainz to kill them mercifully but after ainz found out that they betrayed their king he gave them most painfully death and the people who came with the prince head are suffering until this moment in torture room. and they gave ainz more reason to massacre the kingdom.
Sep 6, 2022 4:59 PM
Jan 2022
preparation for the grand battle
Sep 6, 2022 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Loved seeing ains snap a bit, but damn I want to see da torture.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2022 5:04 PM
Dec 2017
Bem assustador a lógica do Ainz-Sama
Sep 6, 2022 5:12 PM
Feb 2021
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
it was not the best episdoe i still enjoyed it a little
Sep 6, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2019
Bone daddy is rockin the world
Sep 6, 2022 6:01 PM

Aug 2020
oh my god, that's tragic ;-;

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 6, 2022 6:08 PM

May 2015
Wow I didn't expect the prince to go out like that. Its a real shame especially after his talk with Ainz. He got a lot of backbone and really stood up to them so for him to get killed by traitors before the battle even begun is tragic.

I love the moments in Overlord where they just put everything on hold and have a nice talk. It felt like it really hit Ainz when the prince asked him why he was doing this since he never planned to take over the world.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 6, 2022 6:12 PM

Dec 2007
Chanbara said:
Chushkopeck said:

The ainz and zanac talk was disappointing to me. In the novel zanac made a much bigger impression, i just wanted the heartfelt discussion. That way zanac gets to dropps the bomb shell line of calling ainz petty. It left ainz speachless.
Sep 6, 2022 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely a pretty dark episode. First of all we got introduced to some new characters, including Azuth Aindra the owner of that red power suit we saw at the very end of the last episode. From my first impression he seems like a very eccentric person. I had to laugh when he said: "Welp, I'm going to unload a bit in the other room" :D

I liked the conversation Zanac had with Ainz. I'm sure everyone knew it beforehand, but this solidifies that there's nothing more important for Ainz than the happiness of all the important people around him. Nonetheless respect to Zanac not only for speaking up to Ainz and trying to negotiate till the very end, but also standing his ground when his own men attacked him. When they handed Zanac's head to Ainz to spare their lives, you could tell how pissed Ainz got.

"Make sure to tell Neuronist not to kill them unless they beg for death."

and then grabbing Aura's arm and telling her

"Even if they beg for death, don't kill them too quickly"

in the most likely darkest and insistent voice tone I've heard so far from Ainz, made this scene so freaking good.

I'm already excited for Cocytus and Mare getting the spotlight for the upcoming...ehm...MASSACRE lol. Hopefully it will get a little bit interesting with Red Drop involved.

Sep 6, 2022 6:25 PM
Feb 2020
I was really liking the king this season with his good choices and behavior as a king... Now i need Nazarick to go batshit on the army in his name
Sep 6, 2022 6:28 PM
Jul 2017
Turns out killing someone Ainz had a good extraction with will grant you a fate worst than death. Loved this episode.
Sep 6, 2022 6:29 PM

Feb 2014
Damn this episode was heartbreaking. Zanac had all the odds against him yet stood his ground. He even got Ainz's respect for coming this far yet got betrayed when he was at the brightest time of his life. RIP
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 6, 2022 6:31 PM

May 2021
I was feeling a bit conflicted due to their talk but the rebellion saved me from any of that. Respect for Zanac. Appearances can be deceiving.

Sep 6, 2022 6:31 PM
Dec 2015
I felt Ainz' anger, those nobles gonna be crying
Sep 6, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2011
Super hyped for next episode! I was hoping Ains would resurrect the prince.. He didnt seem worthy of such a cruel fate, and was a good character in my opinion.

Cant wait to see some heads busted next episode

Sep 6, 2022 7:10 PM

Sep 2018
zanac was amazing this season .. RIP great prince
Sep 6, 2022 7:28 PM
Oct 2017
this ep was heat bruh
Sep 6, 2022 7:29 PM

Apr 2015
This whole episode felt so surreal. Losing the heart of the kingdom so unceremoniously, I feel largely as Ainz does. I don't care what happens to all of them anymore.

Still expecting for the princess to come out on top somehow. She's too interesting of a character.
Sep 6, 2022 7:42 PM
Jun 2015
Really good episode.
Sep 6, 2022 8:14 PM
Nov 2017
Words do not describe the true level of hate-watching I need to sit through for each and every episode.
Sep 6, 2022 8:40 PM
May 2020
I'm in awe, very interesting.
Sep 6, 2022 8:47 PM

Jul 2008
I feel bad for Prince Zanac, his death was unacceptable and I’m glad the ones who killed him will not have a good outcome for both them and their families.

I’m surprised Black Scripture wanted Red Drop and Blue Rose to join forces with them against the Sorcerer Kingdom. Isn’t the current war due to the a noble from the Re-Estize Kingdom attacking the Slane Theocracy’s wagon? I would think Slane will be on Ainz’s side considering they also supported his declaration for war.
ShanaFlameSep 6, 2022 11:50 PM
Sep 6, 2022 8:52 PM
Aug 2021
Adaptaram muito bem a novel.
Sep 6, 2022 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
ShanaFlame said:
I feel bad for Prince Zanac, his death was unacceptable and I’m glad the ones who killed him will not have a good outcome for both them and their families.

I’m surprised Black Scripture wanted Red Drop and Blue Rose to join forces with him against the Sorcerer Kingdom. Isn’t the current war due to the a noble from the Re-Estize Kingdom attacking the Slane Theocracy’s wagon? I would think Slane would be on Ainz’s side considering they also support his declaraton for war.
lol yeah I heard from previous chats that the “Theocracy” was a mistranslation. It was suppose to be the “Holy Kingdom” that not only had their carriage attacked but also aligned with the Sorcerer Kingdom in its war of declaration.
Sep 6, 2022 9:55 PM

Jul 2015
[quote]You do not know burden until you see millions of people hanging on your every word.[/quotes]

Damn. Zanac seemed like a dedicated leader and capable leader, that truly cared about his subjects. Those foolish nobles doomed whole kingdom and themselves with their selfish and desperate actions. It's sad to see him go in such a way. At least Ainz show him respect and have him a proper burial.

At the start of episode, we heard Ains concealing from his followers the fact, that he intends allow civilians to escape.
Now, after how nobles treated their prince he seems to think, that this country is past redemption.
Does he still intends to at least spare the innocents?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone else feel this season was a big step up from the previous two?

lanadelslay - Feb 25, 2023

17 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 17, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2022

495 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 17, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

204 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

247 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 9, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2022

137 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 9, 3:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.