Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2022 4:59 PM

Apr 2018
It's rare for a One Piece anime episode to leave u this satisfied T-T
Apr 24, 2022 5:07 PM
Sep 2021
I can see why many like Megumi. There is so much smoke and mirrors used and in this case I refer the smoke to color density, palettes, contrast and all the shading techniques. I will always tell the truth about the episodes i HATE. I wonder if some can see passed the embellished animation.

Reasons To HATE / Dislike

1. Episode too Dark.
Imagine trying to see this in the cinema or places where contrast cannot be changed. This is where the HATE begins for me.
2.1 Fan Service NOT Done
If Ace can lay face down passed out. I would have liked to see Yamato doing all that but with a slightly opened kimono Top. In other words, we must see cleavage from the front in that flashback as a anime exclusive.
2.2 Poor drawing on Yamato Scene with Momonosuke including NO large Breasts.
There was a potential side boob physics which was NOT done and the shading detail around Yamato 's breasts when she was close to momonosuke was bad. The part where Yamato says you where born on Whitebeards ship.....( By boob physics i mean boobs shaking )
2.3 Jiggle on Yamato's chain but NO boobs jiggle
Alot of things could have been done. Yamato talking with Ace, there was alot of movement. NO movement to service the fans with Yamato. I would have liked a
wider camera angle to go with the chain and yamato boobs shaking in synchronized motion.
3. Disrespect to Kaido and Big Mom
For Kaido and Big Mom to just stand there as Luffy passes is very disrespectful. Here I would have liked for Megumi to add a anime exclusive of Big Mom to grab Luffy's
overcoat making luffy fall backwards then as he is falling backwards Kaido grabs luffy's hat and steps on it. Both saying you cannot pass us that easy you little shit.
5. Trafalga Law teleport
Its one thing to give Protagonists an edge in battle. This is too much convenience for the Straw Hats to just move all the body's to a safe place to avoid more well deserved beatings from Kaido. i hate this so much

In the end, I HATE this episode. More needs to be done to Service the Fans. By the way thanks @AhriTheS3xyFox for kind words previously.
Vote One Piece Film Red Fan Service Click Here
Apr 24, 2022 5:56 PM

Jul 2019
SuitC4s3 said:
I can see why many like Megumi. There is so much smoke and mirrors used and in this case I refer the smoke to color density, palettes, contrast and all the shading techniques. I will always tell the truth about the episodes i HATE. I wonder if some can see passed the embellished animation.

1. Episode too Dark.
Imagine trying to see this in the cinema or places where contrast cannot be changed. This is where the HATE begins for me.
2.1 Fan Service NOT Done
If Ace can lay face down passed out. I would have liked to see Yamato doing all that but with a slightly opened kimono Top. In other words, we must see cleavage from the front in that flashback as a anime exclusive.
There was a potential side boob physics which was NOT done and the shading detail around Yamato 's breasts when she was close to momonosuke was bad. The part where Yamato says you where born on Whitebeards ship.....( By boob physics i mean boobs shaking )
Alot of things could have been done. Yamato talking with Ace, there was alot of movement. NO movement to service the fans with Yamato. I would have liked a
wider camera angle to go with the chain and yamato boobs shaking in synchronized motion.
For Kaido and Big Mom to just stand there as Luffy passes is very disrespectful. Here I would have liked for Megumi to add a anime exclusive of Big Mom to grab Luffy's
overcoat making luffy fall backwards then as he is falling backwards Kaido grabs luffy's hat and steps on it. Both saying you cannot pass us that easy you little shit.
5. Trafalga Law teleport
Its one thing to give Protagonists an edge in battle. This is too much convenience for the Straw Hats to just move all the body's to a safe place to avoid more well deserved beatings from Kaido. i hate this so much

In the end, I HATE this episode. More needs to be done to Service the Fans. By the way thanks @AhriTheS3xyFox for kind words previously.

That's some next level shitposting, thanks for the laugh.
Apr 24, 2022 6:07 PM

Nov 2020
Fantastic episode! The end with the instrumental op1 with Luffy was amazing!
Apr 24, 2022 6:27 PM

Jun 2012
ChibiTalha said:
It's rare for a One Piece anime episode to leave u this satisfied T-T

oh dont worry we are back to fillers next week
Apr 24, 2022 6:35 PM

Dec 2019
Man what a great episode,lots of feelings very good im excited when we reach the climax of luffy vs kaido
Apr 24, 2022 7:05 PM
Jul 2016
holy crap, great episode. it's been a while that I've been that absorbed watching a whole One Piece episode, that was awesome.
Apr 24, 2022 7:23 PM
Dec 2021
Sem palavras pra esse episódio. FODA DEMAIS!!
Apr 24, 2022 7:25 PM
Dec 2021
“Eu sou Monkey D. Luffy, o homem que vai vencer vocês e se tornar o Rei dos Piratas!”.
Apr 24, 2022 7:53 PM

Sep 2015
Fax001s said:
SuitC4s3 said:

1. Episode too Dark.
2.1 Fan Service NOT Done
5. Trafalga Law teleport

Hes not wrong about 1, 2,2.1,2.2,2.3. I actually agree with those. Yamato in the flashback was actually drawn poorly, wheras in the present cutscenes, she looks better.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 24, 2022 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Fax001s said:

Hes not wrong about 1, 2,2.1,2.2,2.3. I actually agree with those. Yamato in the flashback was actually drawn poorly, wheras in the present cutscenes, she looks better.

Bro! Just say it you want side boobs of yamato XD
Apr 24, 2022 8:27 PM

Sep 2015
VolKur said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

No i'm serious though, the flashback eyes of hers look too round, and her hair looks like a Play-Doh. The present art is more sharper with the details.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 24, 2022 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
VolKur said:

No i'm serious though, the flashback eyes of hers look too round, and her hair looks like a Play-Doh. The present art is more sharper with the details.

Cap

Everything was perfect, imo
Apr 24, 2022 10:34 PM

Jun 2011
Phenomenal.. simply phenomenal! Haven't watched the anime in so long but this episode immediately got me tearing up, very well directed. All the transitions were so well done and so well timed.

Roof Piece is upon us!

Really won't be surprised if Wano overtakes Water 7 as my favorite arc in the entire series. Let's GO Worst Gen!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 25, 2022 12:02 AM

Dec 2020

The Best Episode ever in One Piece
A-K-DiktatorApr 23, 2023 8:03 AM

Apr 25, 2022 12:59 AM
May 2020
SuitC4s3 said:

1. Episode too Dark.
2.1 Fan Service NOT Done
5. Trafalga Law teleport

good trolling

at least you tried your best to make it looks like a genuine satire unlike other trollers
One Piece is bad, really
Apr 25, 2022 1:33 AM
Mar 2022
i can't believe some people hated this episode
Apr 25, 2022 1:48 AM
Dec 2020
best episode up till now
Apr 25, 2022 2:47 AM

Nov 2018
PEAK FICTION!

Literally and in every single sense of the word.

There simply is not anything else to say.

Mishalrahman said:
i can't believe some people hated this episode

Those people did not even watch the episode. Just the usual bunch of haters.
anilogXoXoApr 25, 2022 2:52 AM
Apr 25, 2022 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
What the heck was this, holy shit. That was like movie quality, such fluent animation and nice looking art. Imagine if every One Piece episode was like this, it would be truly a masterpiece. They should release only one episode every two or three weeks but make it this good.

But instead we get a recap episode next week...
Apr 25, 2022 3:32 AM

Jun 2011
What a fantastic episode!
- The Yamato x Ace filler scene.
- The Worst Generation at the roof.
- Kaido's & Big Mom's reaction.
- Luffy's entrance, walk to the samurai, Red Roc & his last line!
Bonus:: Zolo's blush & smile "That's my Captain."

Apr 25, 2022 5:19 AM

Nov 2016
@Fax001s @Fansofeverything

He exclusively posts petty shit like this lmao. For this episode he indeed had no other choice but to troll, that's how perfect it was. I'm always looking forward to your posts, tho, @SuitC4s3. They're too hilarious.

@VolKur horny fuckers everywhere xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2022 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
@Fax001s @Fansofeverything

He exclusively posts petty shit like this lmao. For this episode he indeed had no other choice but to troll, that's how perfect it was. I'm always looking forward to your posts, tho, @SuitC4s3. They're too hilarious.

@VolKur horny fuckers everywhere xD

Lmfao, half of the one piece fans wants real "Plot". And that "Plot" is side boobs & panties.
Apr 25, 2022 5:24 AM

Jul 2016
-Hyunckel- said:
Fantastic episode! The end with the instrumental op1 with Luffy was amazing!

Fucking loved it.

So annoyed we go back to filler/recap next week
Apr 25, 2022 8:39 AM
Jul 2020
@Fmmatron @AhriTheS3xyFox just noticed you both have opposte signatures XD XD
Is it trolling(my guess) or any beef b/w you two lol
Apr 25, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
Ayu_01 said:

I dunno what's wrong with him(perhaps he wants my attention๐Ÿ‘€), but he keeps copying my sig, lmao. But well, imitation is a form of flattery xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2022 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
I agree 10/10
19 minutes of repeating the same info the last 10-20 episodes have been saying was very emotional and hype.

One piece fans must be the most in denial. I LIKE one piece, but id say this episode should be skimmed. Skimmed until something new or interesting happens and thats despite some of the more artistic or nice shots this episode had that the average episode doesnt have. Maybe if this information wasnt dragged out and constantly repeated than this ep couldve been actually hype as opposed to just feeling like the same snail plotting weve gotten for 800 episodes.

One day a One Piece Kai will come out that removes all the time wasting And the finished product will be about 200 episodes long.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 25, 2022 9:14 AM

Sep 2015
Ayu_01 said:

None of that actually

I am actually serious , he might think i'm trolling but I am not. And better yet, seeing the reactions of other people, and so far I only got you and Volkur noticing it.

Seems like people don't really read on the forums at all.

Apr 25, 2022 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
If Luffy doesnt take Yamato to his crew, ima have to go to Wano and handle some business. And i really dont want to beat him up or something just do the right thing Luffy.
Apr 25, 2022 9:44 AM

Sep 2015
Silliarde said:
If Luffy doesnt take Yamato to his crew, ima have to go to Wano and handle some business.

YEH now you're talking!! There is no way that she wouldn't be able to join, else everything about her, and Ace would be thrown out the window.

Apr 25, 2022 11:24 AM
Apr 2019
one of the most phenomenal episodes of the anime yet. incredible animation, a touching reminder of how far Luffy and his crew have come since his origins, and Yamato's touching relationship with Ace.
So glad I am a One Piece fan :)
hi, how are you?
Apr 25, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 2019
JoestarJoestar said:
Usamechan said:
the manga was better

The Anime completely and utterly obliterates this chapter. Not only did it do it justice, but it surpassed it.

the manga was
better
Apr 25, 2022 1:04 PM
Dec 2020
THAT WHOLE EPISODE WAS FUCKING EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE ISHITANI DIRECTS MORE ONE PIECE EPISODES THAT WAS JUST AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 25, 2022 1:32 PM

Jul 2020
brilliant. just brilliant. perhaps the best thing that i ever saw on a screen. one piece just ain't an anime no more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2022 2:01 PM
Aug 2019
SuitC4s3 said:

1. Episode too Dark.
2.1 Fan Service NOT Done
5. Trafalga Law teleport

What even are these nonsense critiques, are you 12? But seriously, OP has enough fan service and Toei already add more than enough extra scenes and redraw women to fit that inhuman 8 figure. It seems that's not enough for you, and your Anime-List shows you literally only watch ecchi. Honestly just go watch some Hentai then. Don't be saying this episode is bad when all you wanna see is boobs. If you ONLY want to see fan-sevice then OP is not the show you are looking for.
Apr 25, 2022 3:01 PM
Feb 2020
Masterpiece ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 25, 2022 3:14 PM

Apr 2019
Legendary episode, can't express how glad I am to have been able to be here, experiencing this live. It's been a good year so far for One Piece fans

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Apr 25, 2022 5:00 PM

Jan 2016
Jesus the tension in this episode... So epic!
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 25, 2022 6:11 PM

Feb 2021
Theres not much I can say about this episode that hasnt been said in this forum. But holy shit this episode was nothing short of perfection. The animation was fucking mind boggling, the flashbacks, the dialogue everything.
Ive never had a favorite episode but holy shit this is my fucking favorite episode.
Apr 25, 2022 6:15 PM

Nov 2020
It's a pitty the voice acting of Luffy is not on par (yes, i'm saying it). Not fitting for him imho and overvalued. Puts me off the vibe of the whole thing
Apr 25, 2022 7:30 PM

Aug 2020
I really don't even know what to say that hasn't been said already. What a pure masterpiece of an episode.

This was absolutely beautiful and so satisfying to watch all our favorite characters come together ... that ending!! I mean chills.

Will need to rewatch for sure. I am so so happy - wow what an episode.
Apr 25, 2022 7:36 PM
Oct 2021
Great Episode ever ๐Ÿ›โค
Apr 25, 2022 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
So they used a year's worth of Budget on this episode. It was well worth it but it means a filler next week.

In a series where it seems that every character has a Tragic Backstory, Yamato's stands out to me. She has spent her life being horrifically brutalized by her father yet given a little friendship and kindness by a stranger she becomes just another sweet and lonely kid. I keep on hoping that she survives the War, but I also keep on getting the feeling that she might not.

All-in-all, Oda and the Animation Team continue to provide an outstanding story.
Apr 25, 2022 8:35 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
gonna sleep well after this episode, amazing
Apr 25, 2022 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
This episode is a 10/10 episode . I was crying n shit fr everything about this episode is amazing. The execution to roof piece, the flashback from yamato it was all amazing, what an episdoe!
Apr 25, 2022 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
It's ridiculous how good this episode was. That's seriously some brilliant direction. Ishitani Megumi has set the bar high.
Apr 26, 2022 12:09 AM
Aug 2021
greatest episode 10/10
Apr 26, 2022 7:32 AM
Feb 2016
It was a great episode but it was almost too flashy. I don't know whether what rubs me the wrong way is that it almost felt like it was trying too hard, or the fact that it makes the regular episodes look poor in comparison. It definitely felt like a different series. I don't watch the movies so I'm less used to a fancier animated One Piece.

Many beautiful sequences of course, Roger side by side with Luffy! But some things felt too drawn out to make them flashier.

"WE ARE"
Apr 26, 2022 9:55 AM
Jan 2014
Greatest episode to date!!! holy shit
Apr 26, 2022 10:58 AM
Feb 2021
Episodes like this make me wish they'd only release one or two episodes a month instead of almost every single week often saturated with filler scenes
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What episode was one piece on when you were born? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Zakatsuki_ - Sep 15

154 by 0428ForLife »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1114 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 3

84 by luffysenchou »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 330 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Nov 13, 2007

50 by Jimo_435 »»
5 hours ago

» 6 month break

rt_lf - Oct 16

17 by chriskris91 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 28 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Oct 9, 2009

39 by lucas002 »»
7 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.