Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 26, 2022 6:27 AM

Jul 2021
Huh? You're saying that a sequel for this handled by Cloverworks again will end up having a TPN S2 / WEP dumpster fire situation? I mean bruh WEP is legit an original series so expect the better or worse outcome and TPN S2 route was decided by the author so that's why there's an intent to why they're bad but in Sono Bisque, nothing bad is happening lmao you're just messing with Cloverworks bad resume in the previous years and most of the staff who is handling this series are all yet to be veterans in some way but they were able to bring Sono Bisque into a unique presentation and assuring to say they have a manageable scheduling and such so production value is a brownie point here and of course, a sequel would be great and as if there's an intent for the author or even the staff (incase they're different) will ruin the anime can be shown clearly but incase of Sono Bisque is still a mystery though most likely they'll keep the same staff or add new ones who can be a great addition.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 26, 2022 10:21 AM
Dec 2021
Some of the insiders from CloverWorks studio have leaked that the studio is already talking about the second installment of My Dress Up Darling.
Mar 26, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
Arthagrawal said:
after all this also dress up darling season 1 has kinda gain my trust so i want them to continue making it...

I mean Promised NEverland Season 1 was amazing too..sooooooo
Mar 26, 2022 11:19 AM

May 2021
crap i clicked the wrong option is there a way to change your vote?

Mar 26, 2022 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
V3RTIX said:
I'm not worried about season 2 cuz they did great job making the first one so I'll give them a chance. I believe they'll manage our expectations.

Thats what we all thought for the promised neverland too....
Mar 26, 2022 11:29 AM
Mar 2022
Bruh.... People still think Cloverworks was responsible for 100% of TPN? Did you all forget the author suggested all of those changes?
And wonder egg? What was the last anime original show that was at the level of odd taxi, madoka or geass? (Dont even dare to mention vivy because i still cant get over that annoying guy who magically became an android without any explaining, that or "The power of hacking that can do literally anything" )
Every single original story has the potential to fail at any point.

This means, both of your point (TPN and WEP) are useless... They adapted this very well, the manga is still ongoing, which means unlike TPN It doesnt have a garbage ending and an author wanting to destroy his own creation.
MrWhite307Mar 26, 2022 11:34 AM
Mar 26, 2022 11:34 AM
Mar 2021
I want Clover Works to animate the nest season when it gets enough source material ofc. But i'll be so effing mad if they fuck it up.
Mar 26, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2022
Baniished said:
V3RTIX said:
I'm not worried about season 2 cuz they did great job making the first one so I'll give them a chance. I believe they'll manage our expectations.

Thats what we all thought for the promised neverland too....

TPN season 2 original story was decided by the Author, NOT by the studio.
Mar 26, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2017
CloverWorks did a great job, so... why not?

But there is no need to worry, because I read today there is not enough original material to produce a second season of the series, probably one to two years on the future.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 26, 2022 3:51 PM

Dec 2021
i want a CloverWorks to make a season 2, they do animation very well.

Mar 26, 2022 7:27 PM
Feb 2022
bro there definitely should be a season 2
Mar 26, 2022 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
This series is fine. It's in safe zone of series that will get treated well till the end of the manga. There's too much riding on this series. Nothing to worry about.
Mar 26, 2022 11:30 PM

Apr 2017
If it follows source material to the very end, season 2 is gonna be dogshit, aside from the crossdressing arc.

If it goes anime original mix route, it has chance of being dogshit.

If it goes completely original route, it has high chance of being dogshit.

In conclusion, no to season 2.
Mar 26, 2022 11:42 PM
Feb 2021
[quote=LeoDrago message=65988342]
official_brown said:
LeoDrago said:

Do you dislike this series?

I do dislike it. It’s cool that other people like it, but I’d rather CW do another project.
You dislike this series. You even rated it 5/10. Why do you continue involving yourself with this series then lmao? I would’ve dropped it or unlisted it a long time ago
Mar 26, 2022 11:45 PM
Jan 2021
[quote=Shiroyasha_8 message=65998854]
LeoDrago said:
official_brown said:

I do dislike it. It’s cool that other people like it, but I’d rather CW do another project.
You dislike this series. You even rated it 5/10. Why do you continue involving yourself with this series then lmao? I would’ve dropped it or unlisted it a long time ago

As explained to another user, there were episodes I really liked and some I really hated. Also I don’t like dropping things usually when I start them unless I’m super busy in life
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 27, 2022 1:29 AM

Dec 2015
MeVike said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Doesn't matter that's two fuck ups too many that's a cause for concern wonder what excuse they'd come up with next if they mess up akebi or dress up

Oh it does matter since you’re just talking out of your ass tbh. As I said , Wep is a anime original (It doesn’t have a source that they adapt. They just make shit up on the spot) so it can’t be compared to this anime. If the manga starts getting bad, then it’s the mangaka’s fault and as for tpn 2, the whole anime was supervised by its own creator and if you know what that means, then you should know how irrelevant your statements are.

you yourself are yappin out your butt here. Clover bought a screenplay from an author. check the MAL listing for Script... he's there. now. get his name and do a simple web search. guess what you'll find. dude has been a screenwriter for TV cop dramas in Japan for over 20 years. so. guy's got chops writing. but, he's never done an anime before WEP.

so. WEP problem WASN'T the screenplay... per-se... but how Clover went about CREATING the show, that was written for them.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 27, 2022 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
MrWhite307 said:
Bruh.... People still think Cloverworks was responsible for 100% of TPN? Did you all forget the author suggested all of those changes?
And wonder egg? What was the last anime original show that was at the level of odd taxi, madoka or geass? (Dont even dare to mention vivy because i still cant get over that annoying guy who magically became an android without any explaining, that or "The power of hacking that can do literally anything" )
Every single original story has the potential to fail at any point.

This means, both of your point (TPN and WEP) are useless... They adapted this very well, the manga is still ongoing, which means unlike TPN It doesnt have a garbage ending and an author wanting to destroy his own creation.

FLCL... Gurren Lagan... Darling in the FRANXX... hmm...

this one will raise some controversy... but FullMetalAlchemist original... yeah, Bones had a manga to work with, but not enough chapters... so the mangaka and Bones worked together to quickly create an anime original series for the franchise.

there are LOTS of other original shows and movies out there. here's one for you, hop in my WayBack Machine and i'll take you there... 'Tenchi Muyo'... yep, that's right, one of the most famous franchises in anime started with an all original, no source, OVA disk-only series. never even shown on TV. the first TV series is an actual retelling of some of the elements in the OVAs. but then transitions into nigh-on a direct sequel to the OVA series.

i will totally agree with you about Geass. THAT is one of THE benchmarks for original shows. :D hhaha... :D the problem is... :D the creators just DIDN'T KNOW WHEN TO STOP! :>

it's like Dragonball. just. stop it. just stop. soon. pick a spot, plant your flag, wave bye-bye, and the franchise halts. i've got all of Geass on DVD from Funimation, the TV series, the movies, all that. after the TV series completed. they should have just said, 'thank you all!' to the fans and gone about their lives with some other projects.

there's more than one anime director, producer, screenwriter, character designer... all these guys... who are walking behind the scenes of all these adaptations wondering... 'why do we always re-do what somebody else has already done?'

each of these 'show runners' who are tired of the 'adaptation rut' are joining with small groups of film and animation educators, and anime studios with extra budget, and trying to create competitions and film festivals and get the 'anime industry' to create NEW STORIES themselves.

shrug... let us all just hope that in the future... original projects don't continue to nosedive into infamy.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 27, 2022 2:24 AM

Mar 2016
There's not enough material for season 2 yet. I think we would have to wait maybe a year for that.

Also for TPN's final season, I don't really think it's Clover's fault. I would argue that it's more of the Original material and the author's fault due to it being rushed to hell by the shounen jump and the author's bad decision in directing the anime.
Mar 27, 2022 3:26 AM
May 2021
MugenDarou said:
a studio change is definitely gonna split the fanbase no matter how good it is

exactly...
Just like what happened to AOT

even though studio MAPPA did a splendid job in the season 4 some fans did criticized them.
Mar 27, 2022 5:46 AM
Aug 2021
Horimiya was a different case. I remember reading an article that said it was done in one season as the author wanted the manga, anime, and drama all ended around the same time. With that being said, Horimiya still pretty much sticks to the manga.

Dress Up Darling was also made very similiar to the manga, with just a few panels being left out. If they continue to be like season 1, then they season 2 should be alright! Now is only the matter of source material. I personally think they might skip quite a few chapters for the s2.
Mar 27, 2022 8:06 AM
Mar 2020
KiliianSleipnir said:
MeVike said:

Oh it does matter since you’re just talking out of your ass tbh. As I said , Wep is a anime original (It doesn’t have a source that they adapt. They just make shit up on the spot) so it can’t be compared to this anime. If the manga starts getting bad, then it’s the mangaka’s fault and as for tpn 2, the whole anime was supervised by its own creator and if you know what that means, then you should know how irrelevant your statements are.

you yourself are yappin out your butt here. Clover bought a screenplay from an author. check the MAL listing for Script... he's there. now. get his name and do a simple web search. guess what you'll find. dude has been a screenwriter for TV cop dramas in Japan for over 20 years. so. guy's got chops writing. but, he's never done an anime before WEP.

so. WEP problem WASN'T the screenplay... per-se... but how Clover went about CREATING the show, that was written for them.

You’re acting quite confident for someone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about. Especially since I myself do know that WEP is a failure and in no way I’m protecting it. Before you jump to your conclusions and simply say things that I never made to be true, you should go and read what the conversation was even about. As I said to the previous dude, bringing up WEP to show concern for My dress up Darling season 2 isn’t a good excuse at all, since WEP is anime original, whereas My dress up Darling does have a source and that is the manga, so no, they can’t fuck it up the same way as they did with WEP. Do you understand or should I repeat it for the 6th time?

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 27, 2022 12:16 PM
Mar 2020
[First, sorry for my very broken English]
I think CloverWorks should do a Season 2 of Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru. For now, CloverWorks haven't got any main stream series that make that make several seasons, like Bones has MHA or A-1 Pictures has SAO and Kaguya. CloverWorks has destroyed The Promised Neverland, Horimiya and WEP that can be main stream series can make several seasons in past year, so I think they have to push Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru that have high rating enough.
Mar 27, 2022 1:05 PM

Jul 2017
Fnaticgamer said:
MugenDarou said:
a studio change is definitely gonna split the fanbase no matter how good it is

exactly...
Just like what happened to AOT

even though studio MAPPA did a splendid job in the season 4 some fans did criticized them.

as if it didnt get criticized before studio change lmfao, and s4 p1 had questionable moments so they were right when they criticized
Mar 27, 2022 1:17 PM

Apr 2020
There should be a season 2 and I wouldn't be worried if the same team works on it. In the meantime I'm going to read the manga.
Mar 27, 2022 2:46 PM

May 2016
The anime covered almost exactly half of the current manga chapters, so I'm at least thankful that there is probably enough for a season 2 now, and if there isn't, then there will be very soon.
Though I kind of hope they give it a little time because if they did make a season 2, we would basically be left waiting 2+ years for enough content to finish the series.
Mar 27, 2022 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
not like this poll has any deciding factor in what is going to happen. chill bois
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 27, 2022 3:51 PM
Aug 2018
ghier said:
Did anyone ever figure out why the second season of the Promised Neverland turned out as bad as it was? I haven’t really attributed that entirely to Cloverworks yet.

It was mostly the directors fault, he wanted the adaptation to adapt the rest of the manga even though that’s impossible yet they did and Cloverworks were forced not only animate it but take the blame from audiences since it’s such an obvious failure
Mar 27, 2022 4:07 PM
Jun 2013
Kitsune_089 said:
After all we're talking about cloverworks, as you can see from their track record they have a tendency to make the worst sequels ever made(promised neverland), not do a sequel at all or just do a special thats shit (wonder egg) even if the IP is doing good, or have so bad pacing that you skip half the source material (but you include a joke in the final episode which you havent seen the context of so it makes no sense) (horimiya)

I love this series and would rather that it has no sequel at all or one thats made by a diffrent studio

"their track record" literally 1 sequel ever made by them LMAO!

Ffs when will this community ever learn that these decisions are not made by the freaking studio but the publisher and production committee??? Cloverworks was just the studio hired to produce what was already decided, stop blaming the studios for decisions that are not made by them lol
Mar 27, 2022 4:09 PM
Nov 2020
There should be a season 2๐Ÿฅณ
Mar 27, 2022 4:44 PM
Aug 2019
LoganMcClure21 said:
ghier said:
Did anyone ever figure out why the second season of the Promised Neverland turned out as bad as it was? I haven’t really attributed that entirely to Cloverworks yet.

It was mostly the directors fault, he wanted the adaptation to adapt the rest of the manga even though that’s impossible yet they did and Cloverworks were forced not only animate it but take the blame from audiences since it’s such an obvious failure
Do you have a reference? I’ve been seen a bunch of explanations and don’t really know what to trust.
Mar 27, 2022 4:57 PM
Aug 2018
ghier said:
LoganMcClure21 said:

Do you have a reference? I’ve been seen a bunch of explanations and don’t really know what to trust.

Well it’s been awhile so I wouldn’t know if there was any main source for it but it’s just the adapting the source is the directors job, Cloverworks only does the animation and the biggest problem with TPN 2 was how horrible the adaptation was so in turn it’s the directors fault, was it only his fault…no the animation was meh (not bad at all though just kind of meh) but still the director is in charge of how the adaptation went and as you can see not good
Mar 27, 2022 5:02 PM
Aug 2019
LoganMcClure21 said:
ghier said:

Well it’s been awhile so I wouldn’t know if there was any main source for it but it’s just the adapting the source is the directors job, Cloverworks only does the animation and the biggest problem with TPN 2 was how horrible the adaptation was so in turn it’s the directors fault, was it only his fault…no the animation was meh (not bad at all though just kind of meh) but still the director is in charge of how the adaptation went and as you can see not good

I guess, I’m partly wondering if maybe the producers would’ve dictated that the adaptation cover the rest of the manga. Then maybe the director would be forced to make it work?
Mar 27, 2022 5:15 PM
Aug 2018
ghier said:
LoganMcClure21 said:

I guess, I’m partly wondering if maybe the producers would’ve dictated that the adaptation cover the rest of the manga. Then maybe the director would be forced to make it work?

Possible all I know is it’s one of the higher ups faults and Cloverworks gets the blame when it wasn’t their fault
Mar 27, 2022 5:40 PM

May 2021
personally i’d love a season 2 from cloverworks and am really hoping for it
even tho the continuation of promised neverland and wonder egg priority kind flopped i don’t blame the studio for it
horimiya and my dress up darling are probably my favorite rom coms in anime so i love their work
Mar 27, 2022 5:47 PM

Jan 2020
This is a SoL/romcom we're talking about, not some drama/mystery show.

Wonder Egg Priority is also an anime original and flopped because of the ending. Promised Neverland also flopped because they chose to give it an anime-original ending, but I don't think this will happen with Sono Bisque.

Season 1 is almost a perfect adaptation. The only concern here is that it might take over a year for us to get a season 2 just because the material left to adapt might not be enough for a second season. I think the anime would come back in two years.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 27, 2022 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
@KiliianSleipnir
its is screenplay because of how the creator cant make better ending, and the story went to expand when its a 1cour series. Because of it, he cant compromise to it. Thats why the ending is a cliffhanger. So blaming a studio that animates and not the one making the story is have no knowledge how original anime works. And this specific media is hit or miss. You cant blame them when the writer is not the man fit for that an ambitious project.

So in conclusion the writer is to blame too and for clarification, CW has no control about the story or creating it. Where is the evidence with that statement? Literally its a original story by the writer Nojima that invited by Aniplex and made it on one of their studios, so where is the CW decision or they are the ones created it?
chriskor022Mar 27, 2022 6:01 PM

Mar 28, 2022 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
MeVike said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

You’re acting quite confident for someone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about. Especially since I myself do know that WEP is a failure and in no way I’m protecting it. Before you jump to your conclusions and simply say things that I never made to be true, you should go and read what the conversation was even about. As I said to the previous dude, bringing up WEP to show concern for My dress up Darling season 2 isn’t a good excuse at all, since WEP is anime original, whereas My dress up Darling does have a source and that is the manga, so no, they can’t fuck it up the same way as they did with WEP. Do you understand or should I repeat it for the 6th time?

actually i've read the entire thread. and i'm still exactly right.
Mar 28, 2022 2:40 PM
Mar 2020
KiliianSleipnir said:
MeVike said:

Bruh, no one said you’re not right. I said you don’t even know what I’m talking about and you clearly don’t since whatever you spoke of above is irrelevant to the conversation I had with the other dude.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Mar 28, 2022 2:45 PM

Dec 2015
chriskor022 said:
@KiliianSleipnir
its is screenplay because of how the creator cant make better ending, and the story went to expand when its a 1cour series. Because of it, he cant compromise to it. Thats why the ending is a cliffhanger. So blaming a studio that animates and not the one making the story is have no knowledge how original anime works. And this specific media is hit or miss. You cant blame them when the writer is not the man fit for that an ambitious project.

So in conclusion the writer is to blame too and for clarification, CW has no control about the story or creating it. Where is the evidence with that statement? Literally its a original story by the writer Nojima that invited by Aniplex and made it on one of their studios, so where is the CW decision or they are the ones created it?

good points but bad interpretations. say you have a script, a story, a screenplay. you're shopping it around to various people... as a long experienced live action police TV drama writer i'm sure he's got an an agent, and a lawyer, and other folks. plus his 20 years in 'the business'. now. since i've never read his original script before anybody else edited it or whatnot, i don't know... neither does anybody else in this thread... know what it was like after it left his printer and he started trying to sell it to somebody. maybe he wanted to try his hand at a live-action adventure-science-fiction series. or maybe he thought, 'wow. i've never tried anime before, let's see if they like my script!'

now, somehow 'new acquisitions' at Aniplex gets ahold of his script and goes, 'who? oh him? he's interesting. got a long career. let's read this.... HOLY CRAP! I LIKE THAT! let's do this!' so everybody shakes hands, contracts sign, and Aniplex takes the script (and hopefully him too) and off they go shopping for a Studio... who's got the open schedule, needs money, wants work, thinks they can pull it off, decent track-record... and has writers and directors and whatnot that will 'mesh well' with this script. Aniplex picks Clover.

now. as anybody who's watched WEP and NOW knows the original scrip-writer is a TV live-action cop drama author... we get the fact that there's mysteries and puzzles and trying to figure out WHO the actual bad-guy is in each 'dream egg' and WHY things went that way... and the whole 'why is there a sudden uptick in pre-teen female suicides!' this stuff is the 'bread and butter' for cop dramas.

thennn the problems start. SOMETHING happened between his script... and what we saw on TV. you don't consistently work for over 20 years in Japanese TV as a screenwriter, and get one of the top five money maker/distributors of cash in Japanese anime... Aniplex... to fund your script and anime... if you suck as a screenwriter. :>

so. my interpretation is... Clover somehow somewhere for some reason... dicked it up. their supporting studios doing 'bla bla bla' messed something up... or they had too many irons in the fire during that production schedule for WEP and had to move employees around... or... something.

then of course you could entirely and utterly flip it around to the tails side of the coin. Clover gets his script somehow and gets the cash and bla bla bla and whatnot. it all depends on which field the project's 'kernel' was planted. Clover out hunting for new material. Aniplex getting the script first. what have you. how the beginning of the entire project was... could be a highly important fact.

BUT as we all know the final result was a jumbled up mess of a dumpster fire.

if the SCRIPT SOURCE... self-destructed... in the middle... why would ANYBODY support that script in the 1st place!?

my hypothesis is, once that script got into Clover's hands... THAT is the origination source of the problem... not the script itself.
Mar 28, 2022 3:00 PM

Dec 2015
MeVike said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

Bruh, no one said you’re not right. I said you don’t even know what I’m talking about and you clearly don’t since whatever you spoke of above is irrelevant to the conversation I had with the other dude.

everybody knows that the track record of anybody in media matters. whatever the source, manga, light novel, game etc. it's up to SOMEBODY to take 'that' and turn it into an anime. if Clover, as a creator of anime took 'that' and it turns into WEP... there's a problem, or more than one problem. any past problems will always bring up doubts as to that anime creator's ability to produce quality products in the future.

that 'problem' which was WEP is the issue at hand concerning Dress Up Darling moving forwards with Clover at the helm.

DUD was wonderful, and if it keeps going with Clover i hope it continues to be wonderful.
Mar 28, 2022 3:03 PM
Mar 2020
KiliianSleipnir said:
chriskor022 said:
@KiliianSleipnir

good points but bad interpretations. say you have a script, a story, a screenplay. you're shopping it around to various people... as a long experienced live action police TV drama writer i'm sure he's got an an agent, and a lawyer, and other folks. plus his 20 years in 'the business'. now. since i've never read his original script before anybody else edited it or whatnot, i don't know... neither does anybody else in this thread... know what it was like after it left his printer and he started trying to sell it to somebody. maybe he wanted to try his hand at a live-action adventure-science-fiction series. or maybe he thought, 'wow. i've never tried anime before, let's see if they like my script!'

now, somehow 'new acquisitions' at Aniplex gets ahold of his script and goes, 'who? oh him? he's interesting. got a long career. let's read this.... HOLY CRAP! I LIKE THAT! let's do this!' so everybody shakes hands, contracts sign, and Aniplex takes the script (and hopefully him too) and off they go shopping for a Studio... who's got the open schedule, needs money, wants work, thinks they can pull it off, decent track-record... and has writers and directors and whatnot that will 'mesh well' with this script. Aniplex picks Clover.

now. as anybody who's watched WEP and NOW knows the original scrip-writer is a TV live-action cop drama author... we get the fact that there's mysteries and puzzles and trying to figure out WHO the actual bad-guy is in each 'dream egg' and WHY things went that way... and the whole 'why is there a sudden uptick in pre-teen female suicides!' this stuff is the 'bread and butter' for cop dramas.

thennn the problems start. SOMETHING happened between his script... and what we saw on TV. you don't consistently work for over 20 years in Japanese TV as a screenwriter, and get one of the top five money maker/distributors of cash in Japanese anime... Aniplex... to fund your script and anime... if you suck as a screenwriter. :>

so. my interpretation is... Clover somehow somewhere for some reason... dicked it up. their supporting studios doing 'bla bla bla' messed something up... or they had too many irons in the fire during that production schedule for WEP and had to move employees around... or... something.

then of course you could entirely and utterly flip it around to the tails side of the coin. Clover gets his script somehow and gets the cash and bla bla bla and whatnot. it all depends on which field the project's 'kernel' was planted. Clover out hunting for new material. Aniplex getting the script first. what have you. how the beginning of the entire project was... could be a highly important fact.

BUT as we all know the final result was a jumbled up mess of a dumpster fire.

if the SCRIPT SOURCE... self-destructed... in the middle... why would ANYBODY support that script in the 1st place!?

my hypothesis is, once that script got into Clover's hands... THAT is the origination source of the problem... not the script itself.

Ahh, so what you’re saying is basically that Clover tweaked the Script that was handed out to them and so it failed, or that they didn’t change it at all, but they were doomed to fail anyway because they’re incompetent? Anyways, I can’t really talk on that since I absolutely have no clue what happens behind the scenes, especially with scripts.

Mar 28, 2022 3:17 PM

Jul 2016
@KiliianSleipnir
after I read your conspiracy theory, it doesnt happened. When the writer just said in the interview that he cant make the story coherently great and has better ending when its 1cour, so I think he just have some ideas that cant finished in 1cour but he keeps adding some plotpoint thats why the anime is not coherent enough to it. And delays happen and the story at the end is unfinished. So the creator is to blame too for that fact to not compromised to the alloted runtime, and im blaming too the producers by giving them that problem.

The studio they do there part and they do it greatly by providing staff that talented and beautiful visuals. And you cant even provide evidence that the studio which is contract by Aniplex to animate it, that they somehow to you change the story, where is it, source?
chriskor022Mar 28, 2022 3:56 PM

Mar 29, 2022 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
chriskor022 said:
@KiliianSleipnir
after I read your conspiracy theory, it doesnt happened. When the writer just said in the interview that he cant make the story coherently great and has better ending when its 1cour, so I think he just have some ideas that cant finished in 1cour but he keeps adding some plotpoint thats why the anime is not coherent enough to it. And delays happen and the story at the end is unfinished. So the creator is to blame too for that fact to not compromised to the alloted runtime, and im blaming too the producers by giving them that problem.

The studio they do there part and they do it greatly by providing staff that talented and beautiful visuals. And you cant even provide evidence that the studio which is contract by Aniplex to animate it, that they somehow to you change the story, where is it, source?

ok. you're looking for my source? excellent, show yours first "When the writer just said in the interview" interview? somebody's interviewed Nojima Shinji? where? when? mind giving us a link?

it's not a conspiracy theory, it's a hypothesis and possible explanation of what happened. my IDEA that his script was 'in its original form' coherent and actually good? nobody would have bought a 'turd in a punchbowl' to start with. if the script from his hand was: all over the place, had no unifying storyline, was a cluster of thoughts or ideas, and had various sub-plots that never get fleshed out or completed... nobody would have bought it.

in other words? if the script sucked, it wouldn't have been the core of the project in the 1st place.

now, if Mr. Nojima screwed things up later on with re-writes? editing? truncation to cut things down into fewer episodes? i would definitely agree, his further work had major issues.

now, if somebody ELSE either told Mr. Nojima to do 'something' or did it themselves to his work. i'd have to state that they ALSO are responsible for turning Wonder Egg Priority into a disaster of a project.
Mar 29, 2022 9:36 AM

Jul 2016
@KiliianSleipnir

ok. you're looking for my source? excellent, show yours first "When the writer just said in the interview" interview? somebody's interviewed Nojima Shinji? where? when? mind giving us a link?
yes he was interviewed and its not blu ray bonus of WEP you can find on WEP subreddit page or search on internet and thats legit because its translated by the ones buy the BD. So it has a source, but your statement where is it even hypothesis is unbelievable because of how wrong is it.

now, if somebody ELSE either told Mr. Nojima to do 'something' or did it themselves to his work. i'd have to state that they ALSO are responsible for turning Wonder Egg Priority into a disaster of a project.
nope no one told him to change or whatnot hes just prideful individual with his experience. Its just his story just flops and cant write better story in anime medium. Because its different than live action. And he cant compromise his story that fits with the alloted runtime of 1 cour. So your statement that other is responsible is not true and until it proven otherwise you cant make awful assumption without evidence about it. And WEP is not a disaster perse because of the ending. its not completed means its just a problem of anime original that the creator cant finished it at given 12 episodes.

Im also stating that the STAFF makes it popular and they are not the one turning it to disaster. They give their 100% to making it beautifully animated every episode even in the peak of pandemic. So idk about your statement about they just intentionally ruined seems nonsense

Mar 29, 2022 9:39 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
yall need to GTFO of your tunnel vision, they did more than TPN and WEP lmao

Again, it all depends on what Aniplex and others in the production committee want to do with it.
if they tell them it's the last season, CloverWorks will just do their best with what they have.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 29, 2022 12:59 PM

Dec 2015
chriskor022 said:
@KiliianSleipnir

yes he was interviewed and its not blu ray bonus of WEP you can find on WEP subreddit page or search on internet and thats legit because its translated by the ones buy the BD. So it has a source, but your statement where is it even hypothesis is unbelievable because of how wrong is it.

nope no one told him to change or whatnot hes just prideful individual with his experience. Its just his story just flops and cant write better story in anime medium. Because its different than live action. And he cant compromise his story that fits with the alloted runtime of 1 cour. So your statement that other is responsible is not true and until it proven otherwise you cant make awful assumption without evidence about it. And WEP is not a disaster perse because of the ending. its not completed means its just a problem of anime original that the creator cant finished it at given 12 episodes.

Im also stating that the STAFF makes it popular and they are not the one turning it to disaster. They give their 100% to making it beautifully animated every episode even in the peak of pandemic. So idk about your statement about they just intentionally ruined seems nonsense

thanks for your input, but if you're not willing to back up your claim there's an interview with actual factual information, i'm not invested in the subject enough to go wandering the internet and find out for myself.

this was merely an intellectual puzzle i created for myself back when WEP flopped. the thread we're using for this discussion about Clover doing more work on DressUpDarling and the publics' concerns about Clover's previous problems reminded me of that puzzle.

i'll leave you with one correction for your assumptions. screenwriting is screenwriting. TV, Movies, anime, live-action, stage plays, audio only presentations... they're all the same when it comes to scripts. the only difference between any audio only or visual media on a TV screen/movie theater/radio broadcast/audio drama disk etc. when it comes to scripting and writing... is the SCOPE of the project.

how long it will be as a movie, how many episodes as a serial/series, what the budget will be overall, if the project is an adaptation from a source how much source material is there to work with and if there is too much material what will be cut and what will be kept to match the size of the project... and suchforth.

size is the only difference. as you yourself just stated, this 'writer' couldn't handle a single season project because his 'original work' was meant to be a longer project.

assuming 'anime screenplays' are any different than any other media's screenplays is a blind-spot that i hope i've now corrected for you.

ah, and before you ask... how do i know screenwriting is screenwriting, scripting is scripting no matter the media? :> that one's personal experience.

my father and i were attending college at the same time once. he decided that an introduction to Drama was an interesting class to take as an elective. infrequently our class schedules coincided and instead of both of us driving our cars to the same campus one or the other would ride/drive together. i sat as a 'spectator' for several of my father's Drama course lecture hours and learned a few things here and there. one of these things?

the Drama professor let me borrow three handouts she passed out in class one time i was a 'spectator'. they were three scripts. all from the same source adaptation, a short-story. one script was a TV drama that only had one long episode, basically a TV movie that was around 45 minutes, i think. one script was a radio drama, that could be listened to in around 3 hours. the other was a straight to video inexpensive movie, not even 2 full hours long.

just about everything in all three scripts was the same. there were few differences. the radio drama didn't need physical blocking for moving the actors around on camera, that was the only difference i found. all three scripts had a different head-writer, and all three were produced as a final product over a ten-year period.

the point the professor made during her lecture that day? 'if you are the writer, the only difference between all the forms of media, is how large the project is going to be in its final form. actors will always need to speak. settings and places will always need to be described. as a writer, you never should forget the size of the project you are working on. if it will be a short project or last weeks into several months and years will influence everything you put on the page.'
Mar 29, 2022 1:38 PM

Oct 2019
idk why people need to worry about it.
Aniplex is the head of committee and they produce this one
CW are studio under Aniplex. and not just some random studio like Mappa, JC staff that fuccing have too many project each year

So it's almost 99% it will be the same studio. if they not busy
it just now we need to wait for the source material
LanceKelzMar 29, 2022 1:42 PM
Mar 29, 2022 4:39 PM

Jul 2016
@KiliianSleipnir

thanks for your input, but if you're not willing to back up your claim there's an interview with actual factual information, i'm not invested in the subject enough to go wandering the internet and find out for myself.

this was merely an intellectual puzzle i created for myself back when WEP flopped. the thread we're using for this discussion about Clover doing more work on DressUpDarling and the publics' concerns about Clover's previous problems reminded me of that puzzle.

Ignoring your experience when the anime is different and you just cant came up with evidence that happens, and you just blaming the wrong tree its not a good example.

No one is puzzling about it because the interview is legit i can send to you the link and read it. Because you cant just spouting nonsense and call it a day.

And yea WEP is flopped salewise but its not a disaster where is your first statement which making no sense because I just explain to above

Mar 31, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2021
Not many chapters in the manga
Apr 5, 2022 4:32 AM
May 2013
Season 1 was awesome, they earned the right to continue with Season 2.
The past doesn't matter only the present.

Xystus said:
If it follows source material to the very end, season 2 is gonna be dogshit, aside from the crossdressing arc.

If it goes anime original mix route, it has chance of being dogshit.

If it goes completely original route, it has high chance of being dogshit.

In conclusion, no to season 2.

Would you go into detail why it becomes worse?
I was thinking about reading the manga.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

395 by Lanz »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

485 by Lord_sag4 »»
May 8, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

192 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

243 by Over1dynasty »»
Apr 29, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

231 by Netbug »»
Apr 29, 9:37 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.