Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (38) « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 »
Dec 5, 2021 3:17 AM
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Yes Floch remained a Nazi until the end. So proud of him.
you probably like Magath and think he was such a nice person for his "redemption arc" but hate floch because he was fighting for his homeland. Guess he and the rest shouldn't fight and just lay down huh
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Dec 5, 2021 10:50 AM

Oct 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Yes Floch remained a Nazi until the end. So proud of him.
you probably like Magath and think he was such a nice person for his "redemption arc" but hate floch because he was fighting for his homeland. Guess he and the rest shouldn't fight and just lay down huh
I like both Magath and Floch as characters as they are well written. But Floch wasn't merely fighting for his homeland. What he wanted is the Eldian Empire who used to oppress others. He was a trigger happy teenager who killed innocents because he liked it.
Dec 11, 2021 5:34 AM

Apr 2021
Woah it's kinda not surprising really.....seeing that their are literally 6000 plus votes (and still counting)

Attack on Titan's been a real revolution to both the anime and manga world.....if you've started watching/reading anime/manga you will(or are bound to) come across the terms Aot, Snk, Eren, Levi.....That's the kinda impact Attack on titan's had on the anime community

***Sighs***
As for me I'm no old fan of Aot....In fact I watched Aot this year sometime around April....right after Season 4 aired.....and trust me Aot has been a series(anime) I can proudly call my favorite.....I even read the manga from scratch last month and now have completed it.......

To put it short I really and I mean really.....enjoyed reading the manga.....It was fun ....depressing....exciting....and awesome

The ending has although split the fans.....some liking it and the others not so much.....and me??
Welp for one thing I kinda figured it might not have such a good ending by the time I reached the Marely arc.....the story became so mature and even more complex.....

Putting aside all the difficult stuff.....the manga does have its flaws but even more better things/moments in it.....All this crafted together made this manga really worthwhile and enjoyable.....As we know it Eren died ;-;
And it did hurt but that's that.......9/10

Thank You Isayama for creating such a masterpiece manga

Joel77Dec 11, 2021 5:48 AM
Dec 12, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
I have a question for the ones that wanted to see Eren complete The Rumbling.

In no way am I a fan of AoT’s final chapters (I have my own stances regarding a possible logical conclusion to the story) but I was wondering:

Why do people want to see Eren wipe out the entirety of mankind outside of Paradis so bad?

I’m not talking about whether he lives or not. I want to see Eren survive this too. What I’m talking about is the fact that a lot of readers cannot seem to look past a conclusion that features Eren killing the entire world.

What makes it so appealing? Why is this number 1 on the wish lists of so many ending-haters (of which I am a part myself)?
Dec 12, 2021 1:27 PM
Nov 2021
I don't understand why many people hate this end; I think It was a good one. I didn't like Eren as mc during all the story, but in the final volumes, I changed my mind.

However, the final scene with the bird and the scarf was unnecessary, making me laugh.
Dec 12, 2021 3:15 PM

Oct 2020
MironBiron said:

In no way am I a fan of AoT’s final chapters (I have my own stances regarding a possible logical conclusion to the story) but I was wondering:

Why do people want to see Eren wipe out the entirety of mankind outside of Paradis so bad?

I’m not talking about whether he lives or not. I want to see Eren survive this too. What I’m talking about is the fact that a lot of readers cannot seem to look past a conclusion that features Eren killing the entire world.

What makes it so appealing? Why is this number 1 on the wish lists of so many ending-haters (of which I am a part myself)?

It's because it's dark. Dark is appealing. It would have been brave from Isayama had he decided to have Eren complete the Rumbling. It would feel like Attack on Titan. Not caring about sending an actual moral message and being unapologetic about it. This is what I believe.

My problem with the ending, apart from the execution, is that it felt like Isayama just shied away from going all out. The final battle, for being the final battle of such scale, was probably the worst one of the series and it's because it had absolutely 0 stakes. The simple duel of Eren vs Annie from S1 feels much better. And it's not just the battle but a lot of the scenes just lack that 'kick' an ending of each arc in AoT has. The ending didn't feel explosive and conclusive like it could have been. It kind of just whimpered out. That's why I'm hoping the anime keeps the ending but presents it in a much more ''balls to the walls'' way.
Dec 12, 2021 4:04 PM
Dec 2020
MironBiron said:

because he was the driving force of the show and supposed to break the 2000 years cycle of hate ones and for all. It would tell a cautionary tale and portray the rumbling as a horrible, but realistic outcome. People who think the ending we got has a good or better message than AnR didnt understand erens character and the whole manga, I mean just look how the alliance survived 134-137. This show was more than a friendship story with a pseudo intellectual message like "there will always be wars"
yaegerist-15Dec 12, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 12, 2021 4:14 PM
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
yaegerist-15 said:
I like both Magath and Floch as characters as they are well written. But Floch wasn't merely fighting for his homeland. What he wanted is the Eldian Empire who used to oppress others. He was a trigger happy teenager who killed innocents because he liked it.
he used that name because he was proud to be an eldian. His last words weren't something fascist, he really wanted to save his homeland and people. But you think magaths pathetic "redemption arc" is something better, he wanted to eradicate paradise 2 volumes before he died and now he feels bad because he "always wanted to see how those kids could live normal lives". Another attempt from isayama to make the alliance more likable, floch and the yaegerist did the right thing, the world wanted to kill them all and guess what? the extra pages were proof
Dec 12, 2021 4:19 PM

Nov 2008
yaegerist-15 said:
because he was the driving force of the show and supposed to break the 2000 years cycle of hate ones and for all. It would tell a cautionary tale and portray the rumbling as a horrible, but realistic outcome.

But it also destroys the entire eco-system, making the world uninhabitable. There won’t be a shred left of the outside world Armin spoke hopeful of at the end of 131.

Getting rid of Marley is the key. They are the mutual enemy of the world. The big oppressor. No-one alive in the world of AoT outside of Marley has experienced conflict with Paradis.

The second key is getting rid of the Titan Curse and having a witness (Kiyomi Azumabito) on deck who can confirm that to the rest of the world, after their mutual oppressor (Marley) has been destroyed.

Is committing the biggest crime in the history of the world by killing every human being in Marley (approximately 200-500 million people) dark enough for you? @I_Am_Freeballing
MironBironDec 12, 2021 4:23 PM
Dec 12, 2021 4:22 PM
Dec 2020
MironBiron said:
yaegerist-15 said:
because he was the driving force of the show and supposed to break the 2000 years cycle of hate ones and for all. It would tell a cautionary tale and portray the rumbling as a horrible, but realistic outcome.

But it also destroys the entire eco-system, making the world uninhabitable. There won’t be a shred left of the outside world Armin spoke hopeful of at the end of 131.

Getting rid of Marley is the key. They are the mutual enemy of the world. The big oppressor. No-one alive in the world of AoT outside of Marley has experienced conflict with Paradis.

The second key is getting rid of the Titan Curse.

Is committing the biggest crime in the history of the world by killing every human being in Marley (approximately 200-500 million people) dark enough for you? @I_Am_Freeballing
Marley wasn't the mutual enemy of the world. Eldians were the first who massacred them 2000 years ago and even now, people outside Marley hated eldians even more. The world will be habitable again, but in the distant future. AoT was influenced by norse mythology and the eternal champion. The titan curse would be lifted and ymir, just like in norse mythology, would be reincarnated as a baby, as the first free child in this world
Dec 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Nov 2008
yaegerist-15 said:
Marley wasn't the mutual enemy of the world.

Have we read the same story?
Dec 12, 2021 4:27 PM
Dec 2020
MironBiron said:
yaegerist-15 said:
Marley wasn't the mutual enemy of the world.

Have we read the same story?
Marley used the eldians with their titan power, do you mean that? But it was also stated, that the other countries treated eldians even worse. Why would it be enough if only Marley is destroyed? The cycle of hate which eren means in 130, wouldn't be broken
Dec 12, 2021 4:42 PM

Nov 2008
yaegerist-15 said:
Marley used the eldians with their titan power, do you mean that? But it was also stated, that the other countries treated eldians even worse. Why would it be enough if only Marley is destroyed? The cycle of hate which eren means in 130, wouldn't be broken

Eldia hasn’t actually had business or conflict with outside world countries for over a century. Killing the entirety of Marley would do the entire world a twisted favour by freeing them from their oppressor. It would show them who the real enemy was all along.

Is killing 200-500 million people dark enough for you?
Dec 12, 2021 4:55 PM

Oct 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
he used that name because he was proud to be an eldian. His last words weren't something fascist, he really wanted to save his homeland and people. But you think magaths pathetic "redemption arc" is something better, he wanted to eradicate paradise 2 volumes before he died and now he feels bad because he "always wanted to see how those kids could live normal lives". Another attempt from isayama to make the alliance more likable, floch and the yaegerist did the right thing, the world wanted to kill them all and guess what? the extra pages were proof

For all we know the extra pages happen 500 years from where we left off. Who knows why Paradis was carpet-bombed? Not because of titan powers for sure since that is gone. Eren achieved his goal of ridding the world of titans but the human issue remains. Remember Erwin's quote: ''The humans will keep fighting until there's one person left or less.

@MironBiron That's not the point. It is indeed dark but it could have been darker. It's not about the number of people who were killed being large either way, it's the very act of not finishing it, which makes the ending haters feel like it was half-assed even though it really wasn't.

Don't misunderstand. I like the ending and I don't mind that Eren didn't finish the Rumbling. All I'm saying is there is a certain finality that is missing and that the Rumbling being complete would present it.
Dec 12, 2021 4:56 PM
Dec 2020
MironBiron said:
yaegerist-15 said:

Eldia hasn’t actually had business or conflict with outside world countries for over a century. Killing the entirety of Marley would do the entire world a twisted favour by freeing them from their oppressor. It would show them who the real enemy was all along.

Killing Marley and twist the other countries as if Marley was the oppressor of everyone is idealistic and goes against the logic isayama has built. The whole outside world hated the eldians, killing Marley wouldnt erase that hatred, by this, the partial rumbling would be the best choice but eren didnt want that, with a good reason. Isayama build the story to have a binary political outcome, and eradicating the outside world was the only option for eren.
This has nothing to do with being "dark or edgy enough", I wanted eren to win because it would conclude his arc and would be in line with the themes of the story. Do you remember you ideal ending you explained to me? It was very similar to AnR
Dec 12, 2021 5:00 PM
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
yaegerist-15 said:

For all we know the extra pages happen 500 years from where we left off. Who knows why Paradis was carpet-bombed? Not because of titan powers for sure since that is gone. Eren achieved his goal of ridding the world of titans but the human issue remains. Remember Erwin's quote: ''The humans will keep fighting until there's one person left or less.

@MironBiron That's not the point. It is indeed dark but it could have been darker. It's not about the number of people who were killed being large either way, it's the very act of not finishing it, which makes the ending haters feel like it was half-assed even though it really wasn't.

Don't misunderstand. I like the ending and I don't mind that Eren didn't finish the Rumbling. All I'm saying is there is a certain finality that is missing and that the Rumbling being complete would present it.
Erwins quote was before we knew that there's the outside world and its not to take granted that every fight is meaningless because humans will always fight.The extra pages didnt happen 500 years later, more like 100-150, the only plausible reason was that the 20% gathered together and took revenge on paradise. And erens goal shifted clearly after the basement reveal, he knew that the enemy weren't the titans but the people outside the walls, thats why he looked shocked when he defended armin in front of floch in chapter 90, he talked about all the things outside the walls and the moment with Faye reminded him of the reality. He was always in a cage, but after that reveal, it wasn't the titans but the humans outside
Dec 12, 2021 5:06 PM

Oct 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Erwins quote was before we knew that there's the outside world and its not to take granted that every fight is meaningless because humans will always fight.The extra pages didnt happen 500 years later, more like 100-150, the only plausible reason was that the 20% gathered together and took revenge on paradise. And erens goal shifted clearly after the basement reveal, he knew that the enemy weren't the titans but the people outside the walls, thats why he looked shocked when he defended armin in front of floch in chapter 90, he talked about all the things outside the walls and the moment with Faye reminded him of the reality. He was always in a cage, but after that reveal, it wasn't the titans but the humans outside

Erwin's quote was foreshadowing. You are wrong about the other things too. Eren's main goal never shifted. The reason he let Mikasa kill him is because he saw the future where that removes the titan curse.

MironBiron said:
yaegerist-15 said:

While Marley was the only one who used the titans, the entire world opressed Eldians at the time of this story. As Udo said, how Marley treats Eldians is nothing compared to where he comes from. There are internment zones all around the world that exist to discriminate Eldians.
Dec 12, 2021 5:13 PM

Nov 2008
yaegerist-15 said:
Do you remember you ideal ending you explained to me? It was very similar to AnR

Yup. The things that I’m mentioning now are part of that theory. It’s extremely compatible with AnR, except that Eren’s crime is limited to the killing of an entire continent, instead of killing the entire population of the outside world.

I’ve been working on this theory for the past 5 months and I would love for it to reach AnR supporters as well. There’s also the possibility to disagree with my stance on The Rumbling, while agreeing with the rest of the theory.

My research is finished, it consists of about 1000 panels taken from the entire story and I plan to drop it next month as a video essay. It will paint Eren much more as a genius strategist (Rintaro Okabe meets Yagami Light but on steroids) than as the monster we see him for.

I’m honestly in disbelief about some of the findings that I’ve made over the past few months. If they end up true, it will be the most ambitious thing that we will ever come across to in our entire lives.

Basement Reveal will feel like a joke compared to this. I hope people will listen.
MironBironDec 12, 2021 5:16 PM
Dec 12, 2021 5:35 PM
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
yaegerist-15 said:

Erwin's quote was foreshadowing. You are wrong about the other things too. Eren's main goal never shifted. The reason he let Mikasa kill him is because he saw the future where that removes the titan curse.

MironBiron said:

While Marley was the only one who used the titans, the entire world opressed Eldians at the time of this story. As Udo said, how Marley treats Eldians is nothing compared to where he comes from. There are internment zones all around the world that exist to discriminate Eldians.
I wish I could understand you. why did eren touch that titan in chapter 90 and felt no hatred? Why thought eren in 131 of Friedas ideology and what if all eldians would vanish and the titan problem would be gone? He even said "I cant accept an end like that". His goal clearly shifted, eren hated the titans because he thought they were responsible that he and his people lived like cattle, but clearly, that wasn't the case. The outside world hated them, he didnt moved forward to see mikados choice and seeing the future after his death makes no sense.
Also, erwins quote wasn't foreshadowing lmao, a statement about humans nature is not a foreshadowing to the ending, especially if it makes the whole story pointless
Dec 12, 2021 5:37 PM
Dec 2020
MironBiron said:
yaegerist-15 said:
Do you remember you ideal ending you explained to me? It was very similar to AnR

Yup. The things that I’m mentioning now are part of that theory. It’s extremely compatible with AnR, except that Eren’s crime is limited to the killing of an entire continent, instead of killing the entire population of the outside world.

I’ve been working on this theory for the past 5 months and I would love for it to reach AnR supporters as well. There’s also the possibility to disagree with my stance on The Rumbling, while agreeing with the rest of the theory.

My research is finished, it consists of about 1000 panels taken from the entire story and I plan to drop it next month as a video essay. It will paint Eren much more as a genius strategist (Rintaro Okabe meets Yagami Light but on steroids) than as the monster we see him for.

I’m honestly in disbelief about some of the findings that I’ve made over the past few months. If they end up true, it will be the most ambitious thing that we will ever come across to in our entire lives.

Basement Reveal will feel like a joke compared to this. I hope people will listen.
Im looking forward to it and I will share it for you ;)
Dec 13, 2021 6:11 AM

Oct 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

I wish I could understand you. why did eren touch that titan in chapter 90 and felt no hatred? Why thought eren in 131 of Friedas ideology and what if all eldians would vanish and the titan problem would be gone? He even said "I cant accept an end like that". His goal clearly shifted, eren hated the titans because he thought they were responsible that he and his people lived like cattle, but clearly, that wasn't the case. The outside world hated them, he didnt moved forward to see mikados choice and seeing the future after his death makes no sense.
Also, erwins quote wasn't foreshadowing lmao, a statement about humans nature is not a foreshadowing to the ending, especially if it makes the whole story pointless

Why does he have to feel hatred? He understands now. Just like how he doesn't feel hatred towards Reiner in Marley. You are cherry-picking with the rest. Eren said, in both 131 and 139 that he WANTED to do the Rumbling and that he HAD to. He didn't ''accept an end like that'' is still true because he still did the Rumbling because he wanted to ensure Paradis' future. The fact he was stopped is another matter. But he also HAD to do it because what he saw in memories is that Mikasa killing him would end the titan curse, which is why he pushed her away and is doing something terrible to make her kill him. He had to do the Rumbling to end the titan curse. Eren never saw what happens after his death. Killing everyone in the Rumbling would not remove the titan curse which would mean his people would still have to die 13 years after they inherit the titans, as well as Ymir, would still be stuck in paths which would mean he didn't free her. Also, Erwin's quote isn't the only one that foreshadows the ending. Even Eren in the very early story in conversation with Pixis says that he doesn't believe humanity can unite. But if it helps you sleep easier, continue turning a blind eye to obvious plot points the ending is trying to portray.
Dec 13, 2021 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
It’s a fake ending guys. I don’t understand why so little readers are able to accept the idea that you can’t fuck up this bad unless it’s intentional.

This is regardless of whether we get an alternative ending or not btw.
Dec 13, 2021 7:58 AM
Sep 2018
MironBiron said:
It’s a fake ending guys. I don’t understand why so little readers are able to accept the idea that you can’t fuck up this bad unless it’s intentional.

This is regardless of whether we get an alternative ending or not btw.

This I fully agree with. Whether or not there is an alternative ending, the ending we got was definitely made this bad deliberately. This is what I have always thought since the ending.
Anyways, looking forward for you theory, it is nice to see people still have that Spark regarding AOT and still are theorizing, discussing even when it had ended and ended in perhaps the worst way for many.
Dec 29, 2021 10:43 PM

Oct 2012
Not sure why people are ganging up on the ending honestly...

As someone who has not read AoT before it ended and read it in 2 days just now - I can say that the manga in it's entirety was not worth the hype it got from the beginning.

It's marked as shonen and while originally it's hard to understand why it's shonen and not seinen - it becomes easy to understand the further it goes with the usual logic flaws in favor of friendship always wins ideology.

A shonen trying to go for seinen style story simply can't work out, since you kinda have to end it on a happy note instead of realistic one.

As is - I never really enjoyed the manga from start to end... or to be exact it was never 'something special', it's a pretty simple plot, with a few trope twists and badly used time travel as means to patch up obvious plot holes(or time farseeing would be more correct in this case).. pretty much the usual JP mix.

From start to end this one was a manga where you didn't really care about characters because most of the ones who died got very few pages to actually make you care about them.

The story was usual shonen tries to be seinen but fails.

Ending IMO had nothing to do with that as it was there from get go.

Overall 6/10 - kinda above average manga, there are a few positive elements, mostly it being relatively 'unique', but it does not really stand out much from your typical shonen stories in the grand scheme of things.

I am actually wondering what people liked about this manga at start? Humans vs big human eating dummies was unique but ultimately pretty boring story to me. It did not help that most characters you were supposed to care about - you couldn't because they died after a chapter or two... the few relatively 'major' character deaths were done pretty poorly as well.

Basically it's a manga of 'Bokurano' style, where they try to make deaths the main theme, while failing to actually make them meaningful. Originally I thought it was for a reason of some sort alluding on how life is pretty meaningless, kinda how you don't care about the thousands of people on the planet who die daily for one reason or the other... but since it's Shonen - I quickly gave up on that mindset as well.

So yeah, would appreciate to find out what made people like the manga as a whole but hate the ending as, IMO, both were kinda 'typical nothing special but slightly above average shonen tier', maybe I missed something? Maybe something like having to wait weeks for next chapter in anticipation of what happens instead of just reading this at once having more impact? Not too sure, but I have doubts it would change much for me.
HentaichegDec 29, 2021 10:54 PM
Dec 30, 2021 3:35 AM

Jul 2021
Ok so it turns out Eren loves Mikasa? Okay mate this manga is turning into some shoujo jkjk but the talk between Armin and Eren is quite hilarious and at least Eren started to let out his "love feeling" to Mikasa, sure sure. OH so Connie, Jean, Gabi and the rest who are titans are now uncursed by it? I legit thought they were going to die because the rumbling going on was really insane, Levi seeing her friends who has passed away saddens me and it's more sad to see Sasha when Connie and Jean was appearing too. I'm so glad the warriors are not inherited into titans. So everything is a happy ever after where Historia's child started to grew older, look at Hitch crying in one panel xD, also glad Sasha's family are safe and sound, and so Connie and Jean ganging up with the warriors is pretty fancy of them, also nice how Onyankopon, Gabi and Floch while poor Levi but hey they're more happier as ever, and one more thing.. where in the fuck is Yelena? OK leaving that question behind while I do my research and it ends with Eren reincarnated into some bird heh? Got some laughs on that but sure has a meaningful symbolism hopefully. Overall, the manga was pretty alright, but ending could've been improved or addition scenes could've be added during the rumbling and alternatives that could' improve a certain scene because Eren turning into a bird doesn't convince me that this is a perfect ending 7.5/10. Update though: Some leak rumors that chapter 131 until this won't potentially be adapted so MAPPA and the mastermind itself will change the ending and the rest of the arc prior to it or extend it.
CQLLISTDec 30, 2021 3:40 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 30, 2021 7:28 AM

Aug 2020
"EREN THANK YOUR KILLING EVERYBODY!!"

This is a joke xD wasted my time.

Dec 30, 2021 10:52 AM

Aug 2020
kuskuss123 said:
Ruin the whole thing for me..
I wish i never reading this chapter & ending it at chapter 138.

Right?? I'm very glad and proud that people hated over it, it's well deserved.

Jan 2, 2022 2:38 PM
Jan 2021
IronGhost115 said:
A girl has her tongue cut, is shot with arrows and later used as tool of war then raped and forced to have children, so how does she respond to the person who did all that to her...SHE LOVES HIM! This is one of the last things aot leaves you with? really? this is fucking disgusting beyond fiction. Isayama should be ashamed.
pretty sure you don't know what stockholm syndrome is. It wasn't trying to glorify her "love". But then again, your the type of person who thought aot was about glorifying genocide. So that doesn't say much.
Jan 2, 2022 9:05 PM

Sep 2020
KitsuFreeze said:

Yaa that line is really stupid. Hope they change that line or it's even better if they rewrite Armin and Eren's conversation once again for the anime.
Jan 2, 2022 9:18 PM

Sep 2020
CQLLIST said:
Ok so it turns out Eren loves Mikasa? Okay mate this manga is turning into some shoujo jkjk but the talk between Armin and Eren is quite hilarious and at least Eren started to let out his "love feeling" to Mikasa, sure sure. OH so Connie, Jean, Gabi and the rest who are titans are now uncursed by it? I legit thought they were going to die because the rumbling going on was really insane, Levi seeing her friends who has passed away saddens me and it's more sad to see Sasha when Connie and Jean was appearing too. I'm so glad the warriors are not inherited into titans. So everything is a happy ever after where Historia's child started to grew older, look at Hitch crying in one panel xD, also glad Sasha's family are safe and sound, and so Connie and Jean ganging up with the warriors is pretty fancy of them, also nice how Onyankopon, Gabi and Floch while poor Levi but hey they're more happier as ever, and one more thing.. where in the fuck is Yelena? OK leaving that question behind while I do my research and it ends with Eren reincarnated into some bird heh? Got some laughs on that but sure has a meaningful symbolism hopefully. Overall, the manga was pretty alright, but ending could've been improved or addition scenes could've be added during the rumbling and alternatives that could' improve a certain scene because Eren turning into a bird doesn't convince me that this is a perfect ending 7.5/10. Update though: Some leak rumors that chapter 131 until this won't potentially be adapted so MAPPA and the mastermind itself will change the ending and the rest of the arc prior to it or extend it.
There ia a rumour going around that we might get a potential anime original ending. In MAPPA stage 2021 I think the sound director brought up the question about AOE which was quickly cover by Eren's VA with some other random question.

Moreover the editor of AOT have given lots of hints of potential AOE.

Anyway let's hope the rumour is true I really feel bad how Isayama handle Historia's character at the end.
Jan 3, 2022 4:49 AM

Aug 2020
ZXEAN said:
KitsuFreeze said:

Yaa that line is really stupid. Hope they change that line or it's even better if they rewrite Armin and Eren's conversation once again for the anime.

Yes! That would be great. There is still hope for this final. Also, Eren crying about Mikasa needs to be changed too.

Jan 3, 2022 5:22 AM

Sep 2020
KitsuFreeze said:
ZXEAN said:

Yes! That would be great. There is still hope for this final. Also, Eren crying about Mikasa needs to be changed too.
For real bro 😆. Whole conversation between Armin and Eren is a hot garbage.
Jan 7, 2022 3:51 PM
Apr 2021
I don't understand why AOT is developing a hardcore elitist mindset similar to Evangelion. Guys...people have the right to dislike something for valid reasons. Just because you like something, doesn't invalidate other people's opinions. I said it before when it first came out and I will say it again, Ch.139 was a disaster for many justifiable reasons. People dropping all these "analyses" and holding a Ph.D in anime trying to defend the ending like come on...who are you trying to convince? Looks like Isayama's rumbling wiped out at least 60%+ of the fan base in an instant. I honestly hope he is trolling and gives us another ending in the anime. I still won't be watching the final season.

Sorry but it was a f*cked up ending and made me regret ever getting into AOT in the first place. Could you imagine if another big title like Naruto got a disaster of an ending? Utter chaos would break out.
Jan 7, 2022 11:31 PM
Mar 2021
So, did Eren try to pull a Lelouch?
Jan 11, 2022 1:50 AM
Mar 2021
Tsunega21 said:

Only Ymir knows...
Jan 13, 2022 1:55 AM
Jul 2010
Tsunega21 said:

The answer lies in the new OP and ED
OP Rumbling = "All I ever wanted to do was to do the right things, I never wanted to be the king, I swear"

ED = "Even if I sacrifices everything, I will protect you."

Jan 15, 2022 1:47 AM
Jan 2022
One question from AoT final chapter...

We get to know in the final chapter that Dina's Titan was initially going to kill Bertholdt, but Eren redirected her to his mother (which is the only thing i kinda didn't like). But Eren got his titan from Grisha after his mother died in that night(remember ep 1&2 of season 1). So, how Eren used his titan abilities on dina at that time....?
Jan 15, 2022 4:52 AM

Jan 2019
Can't believe not a single character questioned that maybe killing 80% of the population wasn't the right decision, especially when it didn't even stop future wars and it's implied that the titans are a cyclical thing. The Code Geass ending wouldn't work if the cycle of violence just continues anyway, so this ending doesn't work for me.

Jan 15, 2022 5:35 PM

Oct 2020
anirudhagnihotri said:
One question from AoT final chapter...

We get to know in the final chapter that Dina's Titan was initially going to kill Bertholdt, but Eren redirected her to his mother (which is the only thing i kinda didn't like). But Eren got his titan from Grisha after his mother died in that night(remember ep 1&2 of season 1). So, how Eren used his titan abilities on dina at that time....?

Eren used his power to control Dina after 122, when he got the full Founding Titan powers. Remember that Eren lived through the past, present, and the future at the same time from that point on.

ForeverTraitor said:
Can't believe not a single character questioned that maybe killing 80% of the population wasn't the right decision, especially when it didn't even stop future wars and it's implied that the titans are a cyclical thing. The Code Geass ending wouldn't work if the cycle of violence just continues anyway, so this ending doesn't work for me.

I thought every single Alliance member questioned it? Why else were they fighting and won in the end? Also, the bombing of Paradis happens after our characters' deaths so they can't really question that. Finally, the point of the ending is the violence never stops, which is why it's not a Code Geass ending. The point of the ending is humans will always fight each other no matter what.
Jan 17, 2022 5:46 AM
May 2020
The Alliance is a group of hypocrites, for 10 seasons they were angry of Eren, and when they knew that this was for them, they all thanked him and cried for him, what a group of hypocrites and bastards
Jan 17, 2022 4:04 PM
Dec 2021
This chapter made me depressed so much!
Jan 20, 2022 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
Incredible masterful story overall, but fuck, I hate that Eren died without staying with Mikasa. I'm not happy with that, but it was great, even though it was hard to watch Eren be an anti-hero.

I'm left disappointed with it not being fully happy while leaving the rest unknown, but it was great nonetheless. 9/10.
Although, I guess maybe the being of Ymir's love, and Eren's decision through past and future is still somewhat unclear, assuming he saw various futures, and this was the best.

Arguably though, since he changed his original intended darker ending, maybe the last arc became flawed from the setup of the previous. Ymir and Eren's choices weren't clear enough to me with enough insight, I think.

... The extra pages make part of the ending more odd.
Mikasa has children with another man (which I'm not a fan of especially if it's Jean which seems to be), their city gets blown up, and a boy with a dog goes to that tree where Eren was buried...
Eren supposedly being a dove is weird and doesn't make sense either. Frustrating ending.
On second thought. I really don't like this ending. It's even sadder and disappointing. In the end, they got killed anyway.
As for Eren and Mikasa, I wish he talked to her as a Ghost instead of being a dove, or in that memory himself instead of just Armin, at least.
waalex11Jan 20, 2022 8:27 PM
Jan 27, 2022 9:27 AM

Sep 2019
MPanah said:
IronGhost115 said:
No way...Like I said before majority will like this ending, just scroll trough #aot139spoilers on twitter and you'll see people are liking it. If manga sucks anime adaptation will not fix anything just look at Promised Neverland and Tokyo Ghoul where anime was actually even worse cuz the studio just wanted to get rid of it asap.

......At least we can hope that Part Two ends at Chapter 131?
your hope became troo.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 28, 2022 7:09 PM
Nov 2020
I think there’s a misunderstanding.

Eren didn’t plan to stop at 80%.

He just knew the future.

He fully intended to genocide the world.
Feb 3, 2022 10:22 PM

May 2020
The weight of expectations of a being one of the most popular manga in the world is pretty heavy... or at least that's what I feel looking at this thread. I'll be honest, I came into this manga mostly blind (aside from a few spoilers I exposed myself to) and well aware of the hype and popularity of this series.

Having said all that, I'm pretty far removed from the expectations most people that commented in this thread had. I haven't followed AoT for as long as most of the people here, and I haven't spent any of my time theorizing about possible endings. So I guess my view of the series is a little less burdened by the weight of expectations.

My overall view of the series is that it is a pretty good action/horror manga. I loved the parts of the manga in the beginning where they knew little and every battle was an invitation to the death. After the Marley arc started, I felt like the series was past its peak, (although the Rumbling was a highlight, before it stopped anyway). Personally, I don't think the series has betrayed itself but then again, I binged read the whole series in like 2 days, so I haven't given it a lot of thought. No doubt, there are a lot of flaws that I haven't that about but I'm pretty satisfied with the series that I have read.
Mar 5, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2021
Posting in the hall of fame as one of the many readers who had the misfortune of reading this putrid garbage.

The fact that the author clearly enjoyed drawing this chapter pandering to his beta self insert armin irks me.

_Usurper_Mar 6, 2022 6:53 PM
Mar 5, 2022 7:39 PM

Jul 2015
IronGhost115 said:
A girl has her tongue cut, is shot with arrows and later used as tool of war then raped and forced to have children, so how does she respond to the person who did all that to her...SHE LOVES HIM! This is one of the last things aot leaves you with? really? this is fucking disgusting beyond fiction. Isayama should be ashamed.

Dude, it's called stockholm syndrome. It's a real life occurrence.
Mar 6, 2022 5:25 AM

May 2015
Eren is a big fucking idiot. That's all that needs to be said about this travesty.
Mar 7, 2022 1:58 PM
Apr 2016
Eren is a huge mess in his this chapter. Doesn't really understand what and why he did what he did when I thought he was in control the whole time. Also that big ass simping over Mikasa felt so out of place, even Armin admits he's pathetic. I really didn't want to see him in that sorry state in his last moments.

I have many other issues with the ending, but ultimately that's what disappointed me the most. He, and we deserved better.

Mar 13, 2022 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
After seeing the latest episode of the anime, I had fears about the ending so I had to read the rest to confirm them. Unfortunately, my fears turned out to be true. What a disappointment. For once, just once, I thought maybe we would get a single manga/anime that had the balls to go the "bad end" route, but predictably we have the cliche ending that doesn't take any risks or leave any impact. The worst case scenario. I was rooting for Eren, not because I like him, but because his victory would have made for a unique ending. Too bad it had to be just another of a million other same conclusions.

Series 7/10, ending 3/10.

I wish I cared enough to overdose on copium that the anime will change things up, but we all know that never happens for the better.

Lastly, not sure if this is a hot take or not, but I never cared about Armin from the start to the finish. Actually, he annoyed me greatly. He actively detracted from my enjoyment of the series. Also, never liked Mikasa, but at least she was a net neutral for me.
ex_necrossMar 13, 2022 3:40 PM
Pages (38) « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

keragamming - Jun 6, 2016

290 by CutieAnshin »»
Today, 5:54 AM

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

29 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jun 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
Jun 1, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.