Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
out of all of the political tests on the internet this is by far my favourite one. this one actually seperates the authoritarian/libertarian axis from the progressive/conservative axis so it doesn't put everyone and their mom into the green corner like the og political compass does

https://sapplyvalues.github.io/

here are my results:

post your results too besties
removed-userJan 24, 2022 8:33 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Oct 2018

It looks about right, though it probably isn’t 100% accurate due to some weirdly worded questions. Kinda surprised I wasn’t further left

Jan 24, 2022 8:43 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Wow, I didn't expect it to put me that far on the right. I guess that makes sense since in other tests, being progressive automatically puts you on the left side of the spectrum, which is simply wrong.

LiberTea Yay!
149597871Jan 24, 2022 8:47 AM
Jan 24, 2022 8:53 AM
Jan 2022
Political opinions are as flexible as a goldfish's sexuality.
Studies have proven that the literal temperature of your room or the smell can change your political orientations.
These tests are completely utterly useless... go do something productive with your life instead. if you are so interested in politics, then go candidate yourself or do something for the community.
Jan 24, 2022 8:57 AM

May 2021

I don't know about this, but I wanted to continue the thread

Jan 24, 2022 9:02 AM

Jul 2007
I guess I've started to mellow in my old age.
Jan 24, 2022 9:18 AM

Jun 2019
I have not done a test like this for years. I went more up in the compass.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jan 24, 2022 9:27 AM
Jan 2020
This test has less good questions than other tests.
inactive
Jan 24, 2022 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Left/right: 2.33 (a little right)
Auth/Lib: -6 (very down)
Prog/Con: 5 (middle of the green)

According to this test I'm a lot more liberty than usual but I'm OK with that.
removed-userJan 24, 2022 10:21 AM
Jan 24, 2022 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
Oh nice, another test, so why not do it again this time? xD

And here is a link to my older test results from the other tests
Jan 24, 2022 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
GloryToVelsia said:
Political opinions are as flexible as a goldfish's sexuality.
Studies have proven that the literal temperature of your room or the smell can change your political orientations.
These tests are completely utterly useless... go do something productive with your life instead. if you are so interested in politics, then go candidate yourself or do something for the community.
no politics r for nerds lol
Jan 24, 2022 10:53 AM

Mar 2018
Well as per usual nothing changed or did it?

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 24, 2022 11:21 AM

Feb 2020
Well, here it is guess. Sounds about right

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 24, 2022 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
Trash tier test. It's obvious a politically illiterate self proclaimed (right-)libertarian conservative made the test from the questions and they put progressive and conservative on the same spectrum on the right. Opposite of a progressive is a reactionary not a conservative. Opposite of a conservative is liberal but they both are liberal ideologies which completely excludes non liberal ideology so they are not total opposites but different sides to the same coin. Political spectrum tests like this are bad in general to begin with as it overly simplified things and pushes the false left right narrative and denies the authoritarianism of private businesses when given free reign.
Jan 24, 2022 12:19 PM

Sep 2017
sewerslider said:
out of all of the political tests on the internet this is by far my favourite one. this one actually seperates the authoritarian/libertarian axis from the progressive/conservative axis so it doesn't put everyone and their mom into the green corner like the og political compass does

https://sapplyvalues.github.io/

here are my results:

post your results too besties

Oh wow.. Are we the same or opposite?
FatephileJan 24, 2022 12:22 PM
خ
Jan 24, 2022 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Frostwork said:
Hmm.
This thing rated me slightly more conservative than I am. Or maybe it's just right. The "questionnaire" though suggests you shouldn't take these results too seriously)
As usual so many lefties here. Also I wonder how you can land that red dot right in the mid of crosshair.

Answer all questions the gray "I don't know" option I bet. XD
Jan 24, 2022 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Trash tier test. It's obvious a politically illiterate self proclaimed (right-)libertarian conservative made the test from the questions and they put progressive and conservative on the same spectrum on the right. Opposite of a progressive is a reactionary not a conservative. Opposite of a conservative is liberal but they both are liberal ideologies which completely excludes non liberal ideology so they are not total opposites but different sides to the same coin. Political spectrum tests like this are bad in general to begin with as it overly simplified things and pushes the false left right narrative and denies the authoritarianism of private businesses when given free reign.
honestly ur probably right but that doesn't change the fact that these tests are fun asf so...
Jan 24, 2022 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Looks reasonable. I also would categorize myself as middle-left.

Jan 24, 2022 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
sewerslider said:
honestly ur probably right but that doesn't change the fact that these tests are fun asf so...

PolitiScale is better by design. It puts everything on it's own scale instead of using an axis. Still some flaws but better.
https://dbhq.github.io/

Also Vote 1 for an axis test it actually puts you in specific ideologies. It's an Android app rather than a site.
Jan 24, 2022 1:01 PM

Jul 2016
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I don't believe in made up things.
Direction terms are absurd, just as"progressive" is.
Jan 24, 2022 1:13 PM

Mar 2008
RuneRem said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

Progressive basically just means using government policy to progress with a nudge or push. Though it's very vague because basically anything can be progressive as long as it's not reactionary which in itself is a relative term depending on the past of a country. So depends what you mean.
Jan 24, 2022 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
RuneRem said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I mean, I too know myself better than an online does, but it's just that: an online test.
Jan 24, 2022 1:18 PM

Jul 2016
traed said:
RuneRem said:

Progressive basically just means using government policy to progress with a nudge or push.

Almost all policy is incremental, unless the state is absolute. So re-arming the military with a nudge or push to progress is "progressive".

Though it's very vague because basically anything can be progressive as long as it's not reactionary which in itself is a relative term depending on the past of a country. So depends what you mean.

So only untried policies can be progressive, so if something such as free water has been implemented in the past and ended, redoing that policy is reactionary.
Jan 24, 2022 1:19 PM
Jul 2018

It's about what I'd expect. A centrist stance with more left-wing and progressive views.
Jan 24, 2022 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

My result is practically identical to yours!

Jan 24, 2022 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
RuneRem said:
traed said:

Progressive basically just means using government policy to progress with a nudge or push.

Almost all policy is incremental, unless the state is absolute. So re-arming the military with a nudge or push to progress is "progressive".

Though it's very vague because basically anything can be progressive as long as it's not reactionary which in itself is a relative term depending on the past of a country. So depends what you mean.

So only untried policies can be progressive, so if something such as free water has been implemented in the past and ended, redoing that policy is reactionary.

Progressive originally was a worker's movement to improve conditions for workers and it shifted into more a movement for social change so it's meaning changed over time and now the criteria is hard to pin down.
Jan 24, 2022 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
traed said:
RuneRem said:

Progressive originally was a worker's movement to improve conditions for workers and it shifted into more a movement for social change so it's meaning changed over time and now the criteria is hard to pin down.

So it's meaningless, it serves no purpose, than people being self-rightous by calling themselves progress.
Jan 24, 2022 6:16 PM

Jan 2019
Don't mind me, I'm just gonna dump these here for quick reference later. Political Compass and Nolan Chart are from 2021.

Jan 24, 2022 6:27 PM
Apr 2021
Well...

I agree with the results obtained :P

Jan 24, 2022 6:37 PM

Jan 2022
Such tests, frankess be, always end up with most quæstions simply being “it depends” and this one is no different.

I quæstion the thoughtfulness of the man who answers such quæstions, to me it is indicative that he does not truly strategically think them through, but rather answers on some kind of gut feeling and tribalism. — There is simply not enough information to answer usually.

The first one for me is “Homosexuality is against my values.”. — There is already so much wrong with this: firstly what does “homosexuality” here mean? does it mean two persons of the same sex engaging in sexual intercourse or does it mean the concept of a person who specifically cares that the sex of the persons he has such intercourse with is the same as his own. Then does it ask whether this is relative to “heterosexuality" or simply in the absolute sense, and does it ask me personally, whether I care about the sex of the persons I have such intercourse with, or whether I care for what others are doing in this regard or whether they have such interests in someone's sex.

And what does “against my values” even mean? does that mean I see to have it banned or what?

All I can say on this matter is that it greatly depends on a myriad of factors including the sex of the person involved. For instance I am much more sympathetic towards someone with a penis who claims he greatly favors being penetrated anally by another penis to anything else, than I am to someone who only wishes to penetrate male ani, but not female ones with his own penis, at which point I find his argument to have less merit since they are anatomically comparable.

It depends on all such factors rather than simple “homosexuality” and the man who answers based on that alone is clearly speaking only in bourgeois political tribalism, and really did not think matters through much.
Jan 24, 2022 7:50 PM

Mar 2008
RuneRem said:
traed said:

So it's meaningless, it serves no purpose, than people being self-rightous by calling themselves progress.

It's not meaningless it just means different things at different times in different places .
Jan 24, 2022 8:05 PM

Apr 2020

Is this for Americans politics ????????
Jan 24, 2022 8:34 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Traed after realizing he was a right-winger all along:

traed said:

: D

You are right, though. I think that by progressive they simply mean liberal here.
Jan 24, 2022 8:51 PM

Mar 2008
@149597871
It actually put me on the lower left like every other test does. I just didnt feel it was worth posting from the questions themselves in phrasing and my dislike for how these kind of tests portray political ideology. I ran a few tests too. Clicking middle option on everything makes you dead centre as it should but clicking strongly agree on everything puts you slightly into the upper right quadrant which helps giveaway the ideology of the creator paired with how many anti government questions they made.

A lot of people mistakenly think liberal and progressive are interchangable terms. Like how they think conservative is interchangable with traditionalist. Sure oftrn is the case but not always.
Jan 24, 2022 8:53 PM

May 2021

Some of the questions were somehow vague and doesnt really apply to my reality. I also suppose that the liberty space is more related to the existence or not of a state, instead of being able or not to express your free will, thats lame. Modern state is like the pivot of our freedom nowadays

Jan 24, 2022 9:12 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
traed said:
@149597871
It actually put me on the lower left like every other test does. I just didnt feel it was worth posting from the questions themselves in phrasing and my dislike for how these kind of tests portray political ideology. I ran a few tests too. Clicking middle option on everything makes you dead centre as it should but clicking strongly agree on everything puts you slightly into the upper right quadrant which helps giveaway the ideology of the creator paired with how many anti government questions they made.

A lot of people mistakenly think liberal and progressive are interchangable terms. Like how they think conservative is interchangable with traditionalist. Sure oftrn is the case but not always.

Funny. I found this treasure somewhere on my hard drive back from time when CE was still alive. It is the most accurate political compass made so far. I just need to update it as the userbase has changed a bit since then.

I don't think that is a very accurate way to spot a bias, though. I mean, agreeing with everything is not always supposed to put you in the center in the first place since some questions use a negative form, etc. But it is true that there were a lot of such questions.

Yeah, I agree about the rest.
Jan 24, 2022 9:46 PM

Mar 2008
@149597871
I hope that's satire because too much for me to cover in one go about that image.

A person who has certain views will more likely have less questions that question their own beliefs and less likely phrased from an opposing view with negatives like "doesn't"/"can't" added in because it's harder to word it that way and linguistically can be awkward so is just an afterthought. Nor will they likely ask questions on topics they have no opinion on so something nothing to do with their views will not shape the subtle resulting bias. The brain accepts statements as true automatically until the brain says otherwise which is part of why you more likely can see into a creators ideology with agreement instead of disagreement and how that results in a small bias on where it places people even before getting into the topic of questions being heavily geared to very limited topics. It's just what's most likely. It's not perfect but I just have that impression. The person who made the test is likely a right-libertarian or perhaps a neo reactionary but former is statistically more likely. Second id place my bets on is American conservative before I would a meme ideology like neo reactionary.
Jan 24, 2022 10:06 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
@traed

Yeah, kind of. I made it as a joke for some bait thread, but couldn't post it as the thread was locked or deleted shortly after it was made. I see you have some issues with my judgement. How disappointing!

I was listening to some TED talk the other day about the exact same thing you covered here, so I'm not going to argue, I guess. Personally, I almost never press the green options as I am far less likely to "strongly agree" with something than to "strongly disagree." I noticed that a lot of the liberal/conservative questions are rather softcore (like gay rights, trans people adopting kids, etc.) and everyone but perhaps extreme religious conservatives would likely not have a problem with them. I guess that's the reason almost everyone here is liberal/progressive according to the test.

Wouldn't a conservative try put extremely exaggerated examples like "Do you believe there are 72 genders?" or "Should digital blackface be considered a hate crime?" and so on, where the majority will disagree and be labeled as conservative? Just a thought. Maybe there is a libertarian bias, though.

149597871Jan 24, 2022 10:10 PM
Jan 25, 2022 12:13 AM

Feb 2019
Ah damn, I blame the shift of the Overton Window. Yes, that's it. I hope I can still call myself a brunch liberal. I've grown too attached to that label by now to let it go. Everything else is too cheugy.

Luchse said:
Well as per usual nothing changed or did it?
Aw, Luchse has grown softer, going from a Pinochet look-alike to a Reagan look-alike, that's so cute.
Jan 25, 2022 7:16 AM

Jun 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Ah damn, I blame the shift of the Overton Window. Yes, that's it. I hope I can still call myself a brunch liberal. I've grown too attached to that label by now to let it go. Everything else is too cheugy.

If you keep going right you are gonna be riding a tank and evading taxes as self defense Kosmo. That is uncool af, not tiktokable.
BakchosJan 25, 2022 7:19 AM

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jan 25, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
Thread locked due to Casual Discussion Rule #7

7. Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed.
    This includes but is not limited to topics about:
    • gender, sexual orientation, lgbt, homophobia
    • race, xenophobia, immigration
    • sexual assault, abortion
    • pedophilia, lolicon/shotacon, incest, teenage-adult relationships
    • politics, political ideologies, laws, policies
    • controversial public figures/leaders, hate groups
    • religion
    • drugs, illegal activities
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What is Your Favfurite Cat Pose?

KittenCuddler - 20 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
12 minutes ago

» Small Victories

Nette - 2 hours ago

8 by Zayvex »»
21 minutes ago

» Does MAL suck because of PHP?

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 10

28 by 707supremacist »»
32 minutes ago

» How does it feel to have a crush on someone?

Zakatsuki_ - Yesterday

45 by 707supremacist »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » modern life is more stressful?

deg - 7 hours ago

21 by Nette »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.