Nov 16, 2021 11:32 PM
May 2021
What got you into anime? I’m just curious lol
Nov 16, 2021 11:40 PM
Jul 2021
why the same poll again 👀
Nov 17, 2021 3:44 AM

May 2021
I actually used to hate anime. I thought the fanbase in general was just a bunch of horny and disgusting people. My brother watched it and I always made fun of him, then my friend tried to watch AoT with me and even though I watched 1 or 2 ep I wasn't paying attention because I was being forced to do it. Then one day on quarantine I was bored and decided to give it a go. I was hooked 2 ep in and binged it in 3 days. Now here I am with almost 1,700 episodes watched in less than a year. AoT was my first and it's my favorite anime.
Nov 17, 2021 6:27 AM
Apr 2020
I technically grew up with anime. Everyday after returning from school watching beyblade and dbz. Then on holiday watching doraemon and pokemon and I didn't watched anything except them. When I reached 3rd grade I watched death note and then went deep into the rabbit hole
Nov 17, 2021 6:27 AM

Dec 2020
I just always thought it was cool so I wanted to try it out.

Nov 17, 2021 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Thread moved from Anime Series Discussion to Anime Discussion.
Nov 17, 2021 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
I was watching TV and there was anime on it.
Nov 17, 2021 1:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Had the impression that all anime was super cringe before, but one afternoon I had nothing to do and this anime movie called "Your Name" kept popping up on various social media platforms, so I just simply said screw it, might as well see what it's all about. And the rest is history

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 17, 2021 1:47 PM

Feb 2020
Grew up watching anime is more closer to my case, but not exactly. It's more of animax and google involvement case
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
grew up with anime so I guess I was always interested in it
Nov 17, 2021 2:32 PM

Dec 2020
i actually hated it for so long until one of my friends who called herself a weeb said we should have a sleepover. i said okay. cool a sleepover...i didnt expect that she would make us watch anime i was really angry LMFAO. we watched the first 3 episodes of sword art online and i said "ehh it was decent" but we had planned on watching the rest together...but when i got home i binged the rest the next night and told her and she was mad that i watched without her lol.

after that i didnt hate anime as much but still didnt prefer to watch it. it took about 2 years before i started actively watching it, i didnt tell anyone at first either i thought it was embarrassing. now i dont care

dont know if i would be watching it now if that girl didnt invite me over, thanks kelly
Nov 17, 2021 2:33 PM
Star☆Twinkle

Oct 2018
From friends mostly. They were into it long before I was.
Nov 17, 2021 2:35 PM

Mar 2020
I voted for friends (because some of them were always talking about it) but the true is that one day I just decided and pressed play on classic Naruto on Netflix. Never stopped since then. (I changed my taste to slice of life/romance though)

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Nov 17, 2021 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
When I was 10 or somethin, an internet friend of mine had told me to watch Fruits Basket!

Went on Netflix, watched it dubbed and fell in love! It was the 2001 version (obviously) which was a lot more goofy and comical than the 2019 version, so I obviously loved it as a kid.

Started watching Fairy Tail dubbed right after and was officially into anime! Again, super goofy and while there were fight scenes, they were never actually intense so I always had a blast watchin FT!
"It wasn't your fault. You do not have to carry that burden."

Violet Evergarden

Nov 17, 2021 2:48 PM

Sep 2018
I grew up watching anime like beyblade, digimon, and pokemon. Family/friends got me to try more niche stuff.
Nov 17, 2021 2:51 PM
May 2021
What got me into anime?

The level of detail in the art, the seriousness of the stories.

Being a fan of Transformers/GI Joe/Jem and the Holograms, I wanted more and found it for rent in a comic book store.

My first ever anime was MADOX-01 Metal Skin Panic (subtitled), followed by Akira and Fist of the North Star (dubbed), which I saw in a small theatre that hosted foreign films back in the early 1990's.

After that, I never turned back.

I dropped US TV, for anime when it became more accessible throughout the years and maintained relationships with fan-sub groups that I financially support.

FXXk Nutlix, ahem Netflix.
Nov 17, 2021 2:57 PM

Aug 2018
Video games got me into anime. Specifically JRPGs most of which are obviously anime-influenced. Before I even knew what "anime" was, the art style seen in these games was very appealing to me as is the style of storytelling. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of quality fantasy/adventure anime that captures the feel of playing a JRPG but I've come to terms with that.
Nov 17, 2021 3:07 PM

Feb 2019
Nothing really got me into anime, I just saw Assassination Classroom Episode 1 on Youtube and just watched it...

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Nov 17, 2021 4:01 PM

Oct 2018
Saw anime being used in a bunch of youtube poops and got curious
Nov 17, 2021 4:20 PM

Jan 2021
Heard some friends talking about it, got curious, searched in YT, binged a whole 12ep series in one sitting
Nov 17, 2021 6:17 PM

Aug 2019
my friend a few years ago was talking to me about DBZ and I said I didn’t know what it was and he showed me anime
Nov 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Oct 2019
My older friend was really into into anime and I thought she was the coolest person so I started watching it too lol
Nov 17, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2021
it was youtube one of my fave YouTubers made a video praising death note so i decided to get into anime

Nov 17, 2021 7:30 PM

Jun 2020
I was always kind of the sporty outdoorsy guy growing up, All the people at my school who were into these kinds of things were quite the outcasts and a bit odd. When i was about 18 i moved to another state and moved in with 4 very nerdy uni guys, They proceeded to brainwash me with anime, tv shows, movies and they even built me a computer and got me hooked on gaming!

I still enjoy it all to this day but there was a time there where i didn't have balance in my life and got quite overweight and depressed. For me it was important to make time for sports and outdoors activities as well, The nerdy life can suck you in and you end up feeling only safe in your four walls and forgetting that theres more to life.
DesyncGamingNov 17, 2021 7:34 PM
Nov 17, 2021 10:04 PM

Jan 2020
Family + Grew up watching it. Both are the reasons

Nov 17, 2021 10:05 PM

Aug 2020
family and grew up watching it. my dad loved slam dunk and one piece so he bought a bunch of anime like dragon Ball, yu yu hakusho and inuyasha etc

fascinating, isn't it, how often heroic and foolish turn out to be one and the same
my anime list ♡
∞༺♥༻∞

Nov 26, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2021
Technically I grew up watching anime and because of my friends. Yeah I was a fan of Dragon Ball Z growing up, but that was about it. As I became a young teenager, other people in my school and some members of my family always talked about it. So over the years I’ve slowly watched more and more. Found some really good ones, found some not so good ones. Some that I find good, a majority may find bad, some I find bad, a majority find good. But I don’t regret getting into anime, this is a good medium for entertainment even if I don’t always agree with everyone.
Nov 26, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
I grew up with it, DBZ, Pokémon etc. But when I reached highschool, still watching "cartoons" was uncool, and you'd get bullied if you did, so I grew out of it for the longest time after that. Then a few years back I was going through a really rough point in my life, and turned to those old shows I used to watch as a bit of escapism, and it really helped me get through it all. I looked for similar shows, found bleach, and pretty much never looked back after that.

More topics from this board

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

9 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - Jun 1

29 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 3 hours ago

10 by dankmitris »»
10 minutes ago

» Are Anime "Controversy" just ragebait?

Dragevard - Yesterday

25 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
13 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - 3 hours ago

19 by ColourWheel »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.