Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 28, 2021 8:20 PM
Jun 2021
I dropped it around that point for bout a week but then I decided to come back I will say I do not regret that decision it gets absolutely amazing around the episode 15ish I would just say keep with it for a bit longer
Oct 28, 2021 9:02 PM
Jun 2021
Just keep on watching.... I felt the same when I was watching... I even put it on hold after 10 eps for about 3 to 4 months but after that especially after 12 it's totally on another level and the last 2...3 eps epic... Don't miss that
Oct 28, 2021 9:09 PM
Jun 2021
Shaghaf said:
I am at ep 12 and i am not super impressed by this anime considering it has such high rating and it getting praised by critics.I am getting bored by it and don't feel like watching the next episodes. The fight scenes are really good but story wise it hasn't impressed me. Should i continue? Does it get better than the first 12 episodes in the latter half?
it gets better after ep 15 or 16 again. Also ending is literally perfect
Oct 28, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2020
XNohaco2468 said:
In my case happened the same, so I dropped around ep 20, but I'm not making silly threads where the answer is your opinion.
bro you only got like 4 more eps lmao why drop it that close to the end
Oct 28, 2021 9:54 PM

Jun 2021
UdeanZ said:
PaRa-Sytesho said:

What the heck how did you know i was gonna watch monogatari? R u a imposter hacker🙀😳😳 susssyyyyyy
yes im a sussy hacker🥶🥶🥵🥵 and im in front of your door now🤤🥶🥵🥶😁🥶😱😱
Just curious but old are you guys ?
Oct 28, 2021 9:55 PM

Jun 2021
Atypical_Viewer said:
Shaghaf said:
You dropped death note. I think your mom dropped you in 6 months only. (3 months of gestation is still lacking)
bruh why'd you stalk me.
So now seeing someone's list is stalking.....
Hmm that's pretty new to me ngl
Oct 28, 2021 9:57 PM

Jan 2021
This is the prologue which is why it seems rushed. It will get better next season when u jump into the main story
Oct 28, 2021 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Shaghaf said:
I am at ep 12 and i am not super impressed by this anime considering it has such high rating and it getting praised by critics.I am getting bored by it and don't feel like watching the next episodes. The fight scenes are really good but story wise it hasn't impressed me. Should i continue? Does it get better than the first 12 episodes in the latter half?
try to complete the show, the pacing around 12ish can be pretty slow but its pretty worth it
Oct 28, 2021 10:07 PM

Jan 2021
-Fluffy- said:
UdeanZ said:
idk i forgot about my age lol, anyway i just playing along with him bcs idk what to reply

Oct 28, 2021 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
Shaghaf said:

I know how you feel. I dropped the show at episode 15 when it was airing. I have no idea why this has such a high rating, its really nothing special. I only completed it later when all of it was out.

The plot is your typical revenge story where MC is avenging his dead family, and I have seen it done better in other anime. I also don't like how your MC is so extremely dumb, falls for Askelad's tricks all the time and he has some stupid agenda of being a goody two shoes and will not kill the guy when he is asleep or something.

The fights are okay but they are too far in between and most of the episodes is just boring. Especially the middle part where the plot goes nowhere at all.

I will say this though that the last 4 episodes of the show were the only good ones, so if you can manage through these bland and boring episodes you will at least find some enjoyment later.
Oct 28, 2021 10:11 PM
Jan 2021
When u finish watching vinland saga u can see why it's worth it and one of the best seinin anime out there.
Oct 28, 2021 11:20 PM
Dec 2019
You are already halfway through, don't drop it...it gets better in the second half(although I enjoyed the first half as well).
Oct 28, 2021 11:42 PM
Sep 2021
The best part in the Anime are the final 3 episodes
Oct 29, 2021 1:17 AM
Jun 2021
Benisuzume said:
I dropped it after a few episodes cause the mc was obnoxious.
* laughs in one of the best character development arcs ever created*
Oct 29, 2021 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
1st half is 6.5 but 2nd half is 8.5 so yeah keep watching
Oct 29, 2021 3:08 AM
Apr 2021
-Fluffy- said:
UdeanZ said:

I remember you! You commented on my post before hello🤩👋
Parasyte is My Favorite anime
Oct 29, 2021 3:45 AM
Apr 2020
Shaghaf said:

I hate to say it but what will happen is

The fans will tell you to continue
The haters will tell you to stop

But since this is very popular show you will get way more fans comments

Never pay attention to the rankings mate, there is tons of Shity shows imo in the top 100 so the ranking isn't something you should pay attention to

I didn't watch the show so I can't give you an answer but what I do is give every show around 10 episodes if I didn't get interested or the characters, writing is awful i drop it , if it's atrociously bad I drop it on 3-4 episodes

Make your own mind we all have different tastes and it's not a bad thing
Oct 29, 2021 6:05 AM
Sep 2021
Shaghaf said:
its mostly for mature audience so if you like shonen animes you will not like it ,for me after episode 4 this anime was masterpiece
Oct 29, 2021 6:07 AM

Jul 2020
What part of the storyline doesn't tick you? I don't understand why people don't elaborate before posting.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 29, 2021 6:10 AM
Sep 2021
Dermanator said:
Can’t say. I’m on episode 3. Hope it doesn’t get boring.
its masterpiece anime don't worry ,people can't alway agree on one thing
Oct 29, 2021 6:13 AM
Jun 2021
Scordolo said:
What part of the storyline doesn't tick you? I don't understand why people don't elaborate before posting.
Sorry, I liked the starting episodes really much. I mean i binged the first 8 eps after that the story completely took a different turn imo and that part bored me. I didn't feel like watching the next eps
Oct 29, 2021 7:16 AM

Jul 2020
Shaghaf said:
Scordolo said:
Sorry, I liked the starting episodes really much. I mean i binged the first 8 eps after that the story completely took a different turn imo and that part bored me. I didn't feel like watching the next eps

Hmm, my guess would be that you didn't like Thorkell?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 29, 2021 8:19 AM
Sep 2020
Shaghaf said:
Personally , vinalnd saga is my favourite anime and i always think about how much i want everyone to watch it and enjoy it as much as i did. But at the same time I’m not a toxic fan so i totally understand that not everyone would have the same taste.
But in my opinion yes it does get better , especially the last couple eps.
Also if you did end up finishing it , you really should check out the manga cause i you go deeper into the story , it definitely gets much better ^^
Oct 29, 2021 10:30 AM
Aug 2019
I felt the same way but I just wanted to see how it progressed anyways. This is one of those shows where the MC is incredibly flawed and stubborn asf but also takes forever to change. Not only that, at times it seems like the show is more about everyone else which kinda annoyed me. If you're not into that id say drop it but the ending sets up pretty well for the next season so thats why im watching.
Oct 29, 2021 10:45 AM
Dec 2019
Well, everyone has their own preferences and it's common things. If you feel you are not immersed in the story, even if it has a high rating, it will still torture you if you force yourself to watch. So just drop for your sake.
Oct 29, 2021 12:31 PM
Nov 2020
DamonElix said:
Shaghaf said:

I know how you feel. I dropped the show at episode 15 when it was airing. I have no idea why this has such a high rating, its really nothing special. I only completed it later when all of it was out.

The plot is your typical revenge story where MC is avenging his dead family, and I have seen it done better in other anime. I also don't like how your MC is so extremely dumb, falls for Askelad's tricks all the time and he has some stupid agenda of being a goody two shoes and will not kill the guy when he is asleep or something.

The fights are okay but they are too far in between and most of the episodes is just boring. Especially the middle part where the plot goes nowhere at all.

I will say this though that the last 4 episodes of the show were the only good ones, so if you can manage through these bland and boring episodes you will at least find some enjoyment later.
its not a typical revenge anime if you would keep watching but to undertake it what vinland saga try to say you need to keep watching and read the manga Vinland saga is not all about revenge the first season is only the base plate to start the real journey to see how a men changed who only saw grief and war Vinland saga is very Philosophical its not for everyone and who says its only about revenge have not saw the manga 😅
Oct 29, 2021 6:04 PM
Mar 2021
Shaghaf said:
Atypical_Viewer said:
'I feel like dropping it', your mom at infant you.
You dropped death note. I think your mom dropped you in 6 months only. (3 months of gestation is still lacking)

If he dropped death note in the second half then he did everything right
Oct 29, 2021 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
Shaghaf said:

Hmm, my guess would be that you didn't like Thorkell?
lol that dude saved the show for me , there can't be anyone who don't like thorkell
Oct 31, 2021 1:23 AM

Jul 2017
Drop it dude I dare you
Oct 31, 2021 2:06 AM
May 2020
This is one of my favorite anime of all time, so I would say if you're already bored at episode 12, then maybe its not for you. I will say this has one of the greatest endings for a season 1 anime, just for the heads up.
Oct 31, 2021 2:19 AM

Mar 2020
Shaghaf said:

Yeah I also liked it better in the latter half, first half got pretty boring. I don't think it's the masterpiece everyone seems to think it is though (mostly because of this and because of f*cking Canute) I gave it a 7.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Oct 31, 2021 6:38 AM

Dec 2020
That's up to you. Never feel forced to watch or finish an anime if you are not enjoying. All I can say is that Vinland Saga is a masterpiece, but is not going to be appreciated by everyone. You seem like you're just getting into anime, so maybe you can hold off on it and wait for your taste to grow and you can go back to it if you want.
Vinland Saga is my 2nd favorite anime (aside from A Silent Voice) and it's a show that you need to watch it all to really appreciate. Somewhat like Steins;gate. Steins;gate had some of the most boring first 11 episodes but it became a masterpiece in the end.
I wouldn't say it will get better, because it was always good, but that's just me, looking back on it after finishing it all. Vinland Saga isn't for everyone and if you're just watching it because of the praise and rating it has, then try and watch more anime, grow more, and come back to it. It's an anime for more of a mature side, and not everyone can appreciate it.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXDx6DjNLDU

Oct 31, 2021 9:17 AM
Dec 2020
PaRa-Sytesho said:
Shaghaf said:

For me this anime was rlly boring and the rest is really dissapointing. They will talk a lot, so If your in it for the fight scenes, then you should know that thats it the opening will change and it will be really bad. But if u do really want to keep watching i suggest u play it at 2x speed.

あなたはバカ野郎。貴様!びんらんどさがは名作だ!!!!!!
Oct 31, 2021 9:25 AM
Apr 2021
KKurisu said:
PaRa-Sytesho said:

For me this anime was rlly boring and the rest is really dissapointing. They will talk a lot, so If your in it for the fight scenes, then you should know that thats it the opening will change and it will be really bad. But if u do really want to keep watching i suggest u play it at 2x speed.

あなたはバカ野郎。貴様!びんらんどさがは名作だ!!!!!!

No its not. Its garbage
Parasyte is My Favorite anime
Oct 31, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2020
Understandable. Have a nice day.

Im not invested in you watching or not watching anything, ever...Im sorry.
Nov 2, 2021 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
if you get bored by this season maybe you'll like the next season which is the start of vinland saga best arc,it's also where Thorfinn character development that people praise so much will happen
i personaly don't really like season 1 as much as most people here,but i forced myself to finish it just so i can continue reading the manga
Nov 3, 2021 6:37 AM
Jun 2021
The only good parts were the beginning and end. The mild part wasn't to interesting but the ending is good I would recommend sticking it out.
Nov 3, 2021 7:39 AM
Apr 2016
Yeah, same. The first few episodes were good but then it was just a slog to watch. It's amazing how low stakes the show feels. All this violence on screen but it just feels boring because I don't have any emotional connection to them. Maybe I just have bad taste but it fills like filler. This might have made a better movie than a show.
Nov 9, 2021 3:03 PM

Jan 2020
If you don't like it now, then you probably won't like the rest.
Nov 11, 2021 4:36 AM
Feb 2018
Vinland saga is a part of the big four of seinen (berserk, vagabond, vinland saga, and kingdom)
I have read until the latest chapter, it deserves the title
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

804 by Xeehad »»
Jun 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2019

175 by Xeehad »»
Jun 9, 7:51 AM

» Mulanjyou sounds different on Apple Music

Raionshin19 - Jun 3

20 by Raionshin19 »»
Jun 6, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

272 by MainAxe9880 »»
Jun 5, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

167 by MainAxe9880 »»
Jun 5, 2:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.