Forum Settings
Forums

So who do you think is going to take over the industry sony or disney?

New
Oct 3, 2021 7:08 AM
Dec 2017
Disney owns everyone and their mother and are on the path to world domination while sony is just buying every single licensing company in anime imaginable to gain a monopoly on the industry.

So which of you guys think are going to take over and god forbid a monopoly does happen.

Oct 3, 2021 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
First sony will buy the anime industry. Then disney will buy sony. I don't see many other alternatives.
Oct 3, 2021 7:50 AM

Feb 2016
I'm not a fan of monopolies, but I'd rather Disney control my favorites than Sony.
その目だれの目?
Oct 3, 2021 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
Disney for sure. They're always looking for new IP to mine for decades to come (not that it's strictly a bad thing).

You guys should really check out "The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company" by Robert Iger for greater insight into such things. It's a great read/listen that covers their acquisition of ABC, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, nearly Twitter, and 21st Century Fox set through the life/narrative of their former CEO, Robert Iger. He was even confident that if Steve Jobs didn't die, they would have merged their companies (Apple/Disney) together.
ChandelaOct 3, 2021 8:21 AM
Oct 3, 2021 8:17 AM

Mar 2020
If Disney gets its hands on anime the anime we know now will be done for real......... kinda like marvel
Oct 3, 2021 8:19 AM

Apr 2020
i just dont give a shit anymore, at least disney can probably make some actually good CGI for berserk

i just want a good berserk adaption i dont care about the future of anine
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 8:33 AM

Nov 2019
Hrybami said:
First sony will buy the anime industry. Then disney will buy sony. I don't see many other alternatives.

That's a win-win situation for both companies.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 3, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
I don't follow these companies and the businesses they control. But I definitely wouldn't want Disney to get their hands on anime. I barely watch Disney products as it is. The last thing I want anime to turn into is some kids- or family-friendly content.
Oct 3, 2021 8:48 AM

Dec 2020
if disney takes over anime then instead of real anime

we'll be getting disney princess all over

sony might be the one
Oct 3, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
If Disney even touches Anime I'll literally summon a Demon to destroy this world
Oct 3, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2017
Sony.
I doubt Japanese regulators would ever allow Disney to do so, unless Disney became majority Japanese owned. I mean even the Disney parks in Japan are owned by a Japanese company, the only Disney resorts in the world that Disney has no ownership in.
Both are similarly sized companies in terms of financial assets, Sony being valued 250 billion US$, Disney 230 billion US$.
Israel_Is_EvilOct 3, 2021 10:39 AM

Oct 3, 2021 11:55 AM

Jun 2007
I thought anime viewers wanted a monopoly, given all the complaints about having to pay for multiple streaming services. If anything, it's the much-hated phenomenon of exclusive licensing preventing the Netflixes and Disneys of the worlds having far more influence on anime. Because of the catalogues Sony owns, I'd say they have an edge over Disney for now.

TheFireNinja said:
But I definitely wouldn't want Disney to get their hands on anime. I barely watch Disney products as it is. The last thing I want anime to turn into is some kids- or family-friendly content.
Aerosmith224 said:
If Disney even touches Anime I'll literally summon a Demon to destroy this world

Ever heard of anime like Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle, The Cat Returns, My Neighbor Totoro, Whisper of the Heart, and Pom Poko? All dubbed and released uncut by Disney starting in 2000 or so, and none were significantly altered or made any more kid-friendly than they already were.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Oct 3, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
ye Disney can just buy Sony if they want
Oct 3, 2021 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
Neither. But if it happened, anime viewers would be happy as Zalis pointed out.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 3, 2021 6:25 PM

Jul 2017
We'll be breathing Disney trademarked oxygen at some point.

Oct 4, 2021 3:17 AM

May 2021
Crow_Black said:
Disney owns everyone and their mother and are on the path to world domination while sony is just buying every single licensing company in anime imaginable to gain a monopoly on the industry.

So which of you guys think are going to take over and god forbid a monopoly does happen.

I think Disney and Sony will be too busy fighting eachother and in the meantime someone else take over 😁
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol

More topics from this board

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - Yesterday

30 by Adverrito »»
2 minutes ago

» Why were dubs on VHS cheaper than the subs back in the 90s and early 2000s?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

12 by MasterTasuke »»
5 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

139 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
16 minutes ago

» Create Your Perfect Staff:

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

13 by SgtBateMan »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

94 by Yabasawa »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.