Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 16, 2021 1:19 PM

Dec 2018
i don't think so, but i don't mind either way. the reason i don't think so is because of how popular it became on tiktok. i've legit had friends who mocked me for watching anime to saying they oh so badly want to get into it because it's cool and trendy now, so there's that lmao. and it probably is only going to get more popular and even more socially accepted.
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Aug 16, 2021 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
it will never be as cool as K-DRAMA's ;p
Aug 16, 2021 1:27 PM

Oct 2016
Nah it's becoming popular which means there'll be even more animes being produced so overall it's great.
Humans only live for a hundred years, it is as unreal as a dream that ends in an instant. What is the point of a person living in this world? No more than just being on a journey, and witnessing interesting things. Although I do not want to die, I do not fear death. I am already on my right path, I have no regrets even if I die.

— Fang Yuan (Reverend Insanity)
Aug 16, 2021 1:28 PM

Oct 2009
ufnfundis said:
probably not probably yes, but who cares? just look at this picture of zoro

i bet his bf is pleased ------------
Aug 16, 2021 2:17 PM

Mar 2021
cornonacob said:
The pandora's box is open so I don't think it'll ever close again. I see ppl having anime stickers on their cars everywhere I go

This.
I think anime (and manga, but mostly anime) is already established as part of a world culture, it's a style recognized everywhere and new works of the genre is well-accepted in most countries.
the extra skater
Aug 16, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2019
I disagree. With the advent of streaming services and them being so prominent currently, anime is definitely here to stay and will seemingly continue on a steady upward trend. I'm my 20 years of fandom, I dont think I've ever seen it be more popular than currently.
Aug 16, 2021 3:13 PM
Oct 2018
everybody started watching it as a trend in 2020 and it's bigger than ever atm. so i doubt it
Aug 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Oct 2020
A lot of people watch on netflix and since netflix keeps adding anime to it's database, I doubt anime will become uncool.

In this world shrouded in darkness, I learned there was someone who’d been struggling along with me. That alone is enough.

Aug 16, 2021 6:14 PM

Mar 2020
Was always cool to me, not sure about everyone else.
Aug 16, 2021 7:16 PM

Sep 2020
Probably when the pandemic cools down and people actually go out to do other fun stuff
Aug 16, 2021 7:24 PM

Aug 2020
The anime is not becoming popular, it is becoming normalized, I hope that in a few years, the anime will be seen equally as movies and series, that it is something super normal everywhere, currently it is so "embedded", but I think there is a lack of little more to make it normal all over the world.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Aug 16, 2021 10:03 PM

Dec 2020
I dont think something like that will ever happenn
Aug 16, 2021 10:23 PM

Apr 2020
Anime was never cool , so it wouldn't be uncool as it wasn't.
Aug 17, 2021 4:28 AM

Jun 2016
Not really. anime will become uncool when it becomes political correct.
Aug 17, 2021 4:29 AM
Dec 2020
How can anime become uncool if it was never cool to begin with?
Aug 17, 2021 5:14 AM

Aug 2020
Where I live it never became cool to begin with

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Aug 17, 2021 6:57 AM

Jul 2020
People will have more and more access to the internet in the future so anime won't be uncool for a while
Aug 17, 2021 8:47 AM

Mar 2021
I never really lived through a period where liking anime was cool, because it was always the so called underdogs who liked anime and manga, at least where I lived. But I don't think that matters, because thanks to the internet, people who like anime can easily find each other.

And like in general... Can anime be cool or uncool? Are films cool or uncool? Paintings? Music? I think it always depends on the particular thing in question instead of the entire art form.
Aug 17, 2021 11:30 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
TONY2Phones said:

lul

riiiight. like, totally cool mate
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
Aug 17, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2009
3miL said:
TONY2Phones said:

lul

not as cool as ur social life ;p ------
Aug 17, 2021 11:36 AM

May 2019
Anime is cool, like any media subject of hard work.

Weebos are uncool, obviously.
Aug 17, 2021 11:36 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
TONY2Phones said:
3miL said:

lul

Exactly man, come join me and the bitches around here lmao
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
Aug 17, 2021 12:21 PM

Oct 2009
3miL said:
TONY2Phones said:

Exactly man, come join me and the bitches around here lmao

i've got the farts i'm afraid. had a balti lamb bhuna last night.
Aug 17, 2021 2:08 PM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
I doubt it, but the "hype" may calm down as the new cool thing pops up eventually.
Aug 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Nov 2014
It will continue to grow in popularity. There will come a day when I can open with
"I watch anime" to normies and not get labeled a weirdo.
Aug 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Jan 2021
I don’t see this happening anytime soon.
Aug 17, 2021 4:01 PM

Apr 2020
It was never uncool here. That was never an issue.
Aug 17, 2021 4:06 PM

Feb 2021
Hannatach said:
We just need to push for more boku no pico awareness and get anime 'cancelled' in the mainstream. Then we can once again enjoy it in the shadows.

Genius. That's exactly what we need lol.
Aug 17, 2021 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
By "uncool" do you mean unpopular? I doubt it.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Gen z likes it the most. It's over I'm sorry to say. It can only get worse from here like creating high guardian spice.

What's wrong with Gen Z liking anime the most? Are you afraid of anime in the future, concerning itself with slightly socially progressive ideas? Like:

-Tackling modern political/racial issues? Even though plenty of popular anime have political themes, and some even tackle racism (FMA, Attack on Titan)?

-Implementing more LGBTQ+ characters WITHOUT turning them into joke/fetish characters?

-Implementing minority characters (ie dark skinned people) more frequently, and in bigger roles, as opposed to making them tokens?
Aug 17, 2021 4:37 PM

Nov 2019
I don't recall anime ever becoming cool in the first place.

ζ­»η₯ž

❝What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.❞
- Yuichi
Aug 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Feb 2021
Honestly I just started watching anime about a year back and can't really say how "cool" or "uncool" it was through time, but IMO I think It's better for something to be cooler than hidden. I've seen so many saying they wish it was more unknown but I would rather have more people to talk with about it.
Aug 17, 2021 4:46 PM
Aug 2013
Ahegyao said:
eistod said:
Was anime ever cool to begin with..?

You have celebrities like Kim Kardashian posting Zero Two on her Instagram so that's a telling sign.

Did you just relate kim kardashian with being cool? yikes lol...if anything this is proof it's not cool when kim posts about it
~AnimeDownUnder~

Aug 17, 2021 4:48 PM

May 2016
ViktorLocke said:
By "uncool" do you mean unpopular? I doubt it.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Gen z likes it the most. It's over I'm sorry to say. It can only get worse from here like creating high guardian spice.

What's wrong with Gen Z liking anime the most? Are you afraid of anime in the future, concerning itself with slightly socially progressive ideas? Like:

-Tackling modern political/racial issues? Even though plenty of popular anime have political themes, and some even tackle racism (FMA, Attack on Titan)?

-Implementing more LGBTQ+ characters WITHOUT turning them into joke/fetish characters?

-Implementing minority characters (ie dark skinned people) more frequently, and in bigger roles, as opposed to making them tokens?

there is already a show about white guilt show, 86. check it out.

You got that with Otome Game no Hametsu Flag. kind of?

You get those a lot they are just different than western ones.

Whenever they put dark skin characters in anime(usually girls) they always make sure to make them extra hot and half naked. Of course that is culture appropriation or whatever horseshit they call it nowadays. Now compare anime dark skin characters to western cartoon dark skin charactesr. lmfao.

this season: https://myanimelist.net/anime/41710/Genjitsu_Shugi_Yuusha_no_Oukoku_Saikenki main character is a elf.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/48753/Jahy-sama_wa_Kujikenai didn't watch it but she is hot. and the main character.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41587/Boku_no_Hero_Academia_5th_Season we all know the bunny girl.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/42625/Heion_Sedai_no_Idaten-tachi darkish. bad guy but 80% naked.
Aug 17, 2021 4:51 PM

Mar 2021
as long as i'm watching it, anime will always be cool. i'm the coolest fuckin guy in the world
Aug 17, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

1) I didn't say anything about "white guilt." You seem to be unintentionally associating minority characters with white guilt, somehow.

2) I haven't seen 86, but based on the reactions, it seems it's one of those stories that have triggered anti-SJW/conservative viewers because it makes them feel guilty for being white, because the show is about racism.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

How so?

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Whenever they put dark skin characters in anime(usually girls) they always make sure to make them extra hot and half naked. Of course that is culture appropriation or whatever horseshit they call it nowadays. Now compare anime dark skin characters to western cartoon dark skin charactesr. lmfao.

this season: https://myanimelist.net/anime/41710/Genjitsu_Shugi_Yuusha_no_Oukoku_Saikenki main character is a elf.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/48753/Jahy-sama_wa_Kujikenai didn't watch it but she is hot. and the main character.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41587/Boku_no_Hero_Academia_5th_Season we all know the bunny girl.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/42625/Heion_Sedai_no_Idaten-tachi darkish. bad guy but 80% naked.

1) Why does a dark skinned girl HAVE to be naked?

2) None of these are anime where dark skinned people dominate the main cast of characters. As in, there are no Japanese anime where MOST of the main characters are from a dark skinned racial group.
But there are PLENTY of anime starring white characters in the main cast (Jojo, Baccano, Vinland Saga, etc). Japan sure loves white people.

But why? Japan is 98% Japanese. So why does Japan like to represent white people, but not dark skinned people? Simple. Japan doesn't like dark skinned people.
Aug 17, 2021 5:25 PM
Aug 2021
NO..becuz right now many people watch anime..so its KINDA impossible anime will be uncool
Aug 17, 2021 5:43 PM
Mar 2021
I highly doubt anime will be uncool again, especially because watching anime has been a huge trend during the 2020 pandemic. Lots of people watch it now.
Aug 17, 2021 6:21 PM

May 2016
ViktorLocke said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

1) I didn't say anything about "white guilt." You seem to be unintentionally associating minority characters with white guilt, somehow.

2) I haven't seen 86, but based on the reactions, it seems it's one of those stories that have triggered anti-SJW/conservative viewers because it makes them feel guilty for being white, because the show is about racism.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

How so?

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

1) Why does a dark skinned girl HAVE to be naked?

2) None of these are anime where dark skinned people dominate the main cast of characters. As in, there are no Japanese anime where MOST of the main characters are from a dark skinned racial group.
But there are PLENTY of anime starring white characters in the main cast (Jojo, Baccano, Vinland Saga, etc). Japan sure loves white people.

But why? Japan is 98% Japanese. So why does Japan like to represent white people, but not dark skinned people? Simple. Japan doesn't like dark skinned people.

1. was to your thing about "tackling racism". go watch the anime.

2. reverse harem with like 3 girls drooling over the main character.

1. it is a positive.

2. You are right. Never watched those and i cannot really comment on "white people in anime" because i honestly consider all of them white because their flesh color. Ofc there are differences in like "great pretender".

Maybe because they make anime for japanese people. White people have the same skin TONE as Japanese people. Also anime doesn't make the eyes and other features asian.
Aug 17, 2021 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Right, I understood that, but you mentioned "White guilty." Do you associate any story that tackles racism, as a story that tries to reinforce the notion of "white guilt"?

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

I don't understand what that has to do with race.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
1. it is a positive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you believe in fetishizing a race, if you believe all dark skinned girls should be naked.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
2. You are right. Never watched those and i cannot really comment on "white people in anime" because i honestly consider all of them white because their flesh color. Ofc there are differences in like "great pretender".

Maybe because they make anime for japanese people. White people have the same skin TONE as Japanese people. Also anime doesn't make the eyes and other features asian.

Right, whites and Asians have very similar skin tones, generally speaking. But if anime is willing to overrepresent characters who, within the contexts of their stories, are supposed to be "white" then doesn't it seem ridiculous that they're not willing to do it for dark skinned races?
Aug 17, 2021 7:35 PM

Nov 2009
was it ever cool to be an anime fan begin with
Aug 17, 2021 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
maybe it will, I never knew anime was cool.
Aug 17, 2021 8:01 PM

May 2016
ViktorLocke said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Right, I understood that, but you mentioned "White guilty." Do you associate any story that tackles racism, as a story that tries to reinforce the notion of "white guilt"?

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

I don't understand what that has to do with race.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
1. it is a positive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you believe in fetishizing a race, if you believe all dark skinned girls should be naked.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Right, whites and Asians have very similar skin tones, generally speaking. But if anime is willing to overrepresent characters who, within the contexts of their stories, are supposed to be "white" then doesn't it seem ridiculous that they're not willing to do it for dark skinned races?

1. No not any story. This one yes.

2. It doesn't have anything to do with racism because in your original post you mentioned LGBT people as well. so i gave an example as that.
Aug 17, 2021 8:05 PM
Aug 2020
I guess after the final season of AoT anime might hit downhill
Aug 17, 2021 8:10 PM
Apr 2018
They are not considered that 'cool' where i'm from right now either. But for me and in Japan it'll never be uncool and i think that what matters most.
Aug 17, 2021 8:18 PM
May 2017
IpreferEcchi said:
Why do you want that? I want every woman to be familiar with anime characters so she can role play as them for me.

I want more women to watch anime so I can anime and chill with them
Aug 17, 2021 8:22 PM
Dec 2017
Never going to happen at all as long as the internet is around.

Aug 17, 2021 8:27 PM

Apr 2020
ufnfundis said:
probably not probably yes, but who cares? just look at this picture of zoro

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2021 9:08 PM
Jun 2021
Was anime even cool.Like did anyone genuinely think that watching japanese cartoons and wearing maid outfit was ever cool to begin with.
Aug 17, 2021 10:35 PM

Jun 2011
VGundam said:
Anime_Freak01022 said:
Was anime even cool.Like did anyone genuinely think that watching japanese cartoons and wearing maid outfit was ever cool to begin with.

Back in the 90s when anime was all about muscular dudes punching shit, extreme level violence, gore, and nudity in OVA's, political mecha + giant robots with manly protagonists punching shit, trippy psychological stuff and all around cool shit... anime was indeed considered badass. Cowboy Bebop was the peak of cool back then. Many aired on local TV stations and were quite mainstream as well among children and manchildren. But then anime became lame once they switched to digital, higher censorship got introduced, and moe overtook it in mid 00s.

You say all this, but surround yourself with moe. Are you being ironic?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Aug 17, 2021 11:37 PM
Jul 2021
Well not really since the people I know that doesn’t watch anime before watches anime now specially attack on titan
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite anime OST? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 15

51 by Teufel »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you quit Anime if Anime caters to the West?

Dragevard - Jun 15

46 by Fluffygreygrass »»
4 minutes ago

» Are there any CONFIDENT flat/small chested anime girls?

Throwawayy1234 - 10 hours ago

27 by RobertsahDHDA »»
6 minutes ago

» Why were dubs on VHS cheaper than the subs back in the 90s and early 2000s?

funtime43_tr - Today

10 by traed »»
9 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Jun 14

55 by nyugvo6 »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.