Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 21, 2021 5:20 AM

Feb 2021
Animes I've dropped (in Alphabetical order):

Asobi Asobase - fails to deliver a funny skit. rather than of making me laugh, it made me annoyed instead (Rating: 3/10)

Binbougami ga! - the story doesn't makes sense & the jokes aren't hilarious.(Rating: 3/10)

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - I was hyped by this series at first, but it became a disappointment, plus the story became bland as the story progresses (Rating: 3/10)

Conception - The fact that you have to concieve a child to save a kingdom/world is absurd, despite the crappy concept and story the Opening Theme is really good though. (Rating: 2/10)

Hanyou no Yashahime - One of the most disappointing sequel to a great series such as "Inuyasha". (Rating: 1/10)

Higehiro - I'd rather not explain why or Higehiro fans might react (Rating: 1/10)

Love Lab -Has Bland Characters and lame jokes. This series isn't funny at all. (Rating: 3/10)

Masamune-kun no Revenge - because of the cringey narcistic Main Character, I couldn't make it past Episode 3. (Rating: 2/10)

Oresuki - because the Main Character is cringey enough to make me drop this series after watching episode 1. (Rating: 2/10)

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance - Bland Main Character, Annoying Main Heroine and a lot of cringey moments. (Rating: 2/10)

Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld - As if Alicization isn't bad enough, it get's worse in this season. (Rating: 2/10)

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari - To be frank, the first 10 minutes of the first episode is so boring it made me decide to drop this series. (Rating: 2/10)

Tokyo Revengers - A series that tried to be a wanna-be "Steins;Gate" Anime, but failed to deliver. I don't like the concept of how time travel works in this series. (Rating: 1/10)

Jun 21, 2021 5:34 AM

Oct 2019
literally_boba said:
Hunter X Hunter-I watched a couple episodes and it was BORING. Not gonna wait until the long ass Chimera Ant Arc for this show to get good.

It gets good before then, just watch up till episode 35 and then decide whether you want to keep watching or not
Jun 21, 2021 5:35 AM

Sep 2017
I have dropped a great amount, even more than what is on my MAL, but a big one on top of my head is One Piece.

I gave it a good try, 100 episodes. It didn't really resonate with me, it was boring to be honest. I have re-watched it multiple times to see if my opinion would have changed, but it's just not for me.
Jun 21, 2021 6:12 AM

Aug 2012
Since I've dropped 73 (currently) I'm not going to list all the ones I dropped, but here's 10 of the one's in my dropped list:

1. Beastars (I'm not a furry. This was just weird to me, and very much didn't like it)
2. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (bored me to sleep. I made it through 7 episodes somehow, but I really didn't care for this)
3. Death Note (after episode 25 I got pissed and dropped it. Refuse to watch more)
4. Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! (now I actually love slice of life anime as it's my favorite genre to watch. But I couldn't STAND this anime. I hated the characters and hated the plot and I still don't know how I made it through 5 whole episodes because every single one felt like torture.)
5. Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (absolutely DESPISE the heroine and couldn't watch more than the first episode.)
6. Kakegurui (it was both boring and annoying to me. Still don't know how I was able to make it through 5 episodes of that)
7. Shadows House (I can't really explain why because I really don't understand it myself, but I just intensely disliked this)
8. Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (I made it through three episodes and auto dropped because it was boring to me and I just didn't like the series)
9. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (the ML is an ass. I couldn't stand him so I dropped it)
10. Kill la Kill (I thought this series was just absolutely ridiculous and I didn't care for it)

Jun 21, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama

usui gets on my nerves with the rapey shit sometimes and every other character besides the main duo is either a complete dumbass or simp. i actually like shows that focus on a small number of characters like spice and wolf and tsuki ga kirei but the nameless side characters
were so annoying.
Jun 24, 2021 11:15 AM
Jan 2021
Boruto - lost interest
Fugou Keiji - ruined by the fandom
Gakkougurashi - the delusional thing ruined it
Assassin Pride - boring
Kabukichou Sherlok - big disappointment
Vinland Saga - I'm just not interested in anime with western/europe theme, It's not trash or anything.
Prison School - ridiculous

I still got more.
Jun 24, 2021 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
I seldom drop anime (which is to say if it's boring, annoying, or otherwise not so good, I'll usually finish it anyway), so my drop list is pretty short.

Takagi-san - Others call it cute and wholesome, but for me it was nothing short of painful to watch.
Samurai Pizza Cats - I only have access to the English dub, which is edited and so heavily westernized that I don't consider it an accurate rendering of the original anime.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jun 24, 2021 12:19 PM

Aug 2010
Too many to list and almost all of them I dropped for the same reason: it bores me.

Except for:
- Azuki Chan: I watched a long long time ago on TV but never finished it and now I can't find it anywhere even though I want to watch it so much.

- SAO: I dropped because I didn't like where it's going.

- Oreimo S2: I put it on hold for a long time, and now I lost interest with. It's a show I'd never even try to check out if it were to come out today.
Jun 24, 2021 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
I dropped a lot anime series actually... for example boruto..couldnt hold it anmyre xD
or (this is the moment where you kill me guys) Steins, gate ... Never get it what people see on this anime .... I didnt understand. for me it was rly boring and nothning was happening there ....
:3

Jun 24, 2021 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
I've only dropped Vampire Knight because quite frankly I shouldn't have tried watching it in the first place, not my cup of tea.
Jun 24, 2021 1:01 PM

Aug 2019
never, i have no such weakness. or a such blessing~~~
Jun 24, 2021 1:08 PM

Jul 2019
Most are from childhood days, I will pick them up but I haven't found the time to yet.
Jun 24, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2018
I don't remember all the anime I dropped, but recently I dropped Hirehiro and Mashiro no Oto.

I'm always looking for new experiences and I need to feel something while I'm watching/playing/reading/listening to and I couldn't feel anything watching those 2 anime, so I simply stopped watching.

If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 24, 2021 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
C money and soul, I watched it since I'm an econ major it started really solid but the mc started kissing his digital currency and I was like wtf dude.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jun 24, 2021 1:13 PM

Oct 2020
Kakegurui - It was bad

We Never Learn and Rent a girlfriend - both were so cringe that they were painful to watch

Boruto - My least favorite shounen. Watched most of it weekly and forced myself into continuing. In episode 182 I was so bored that it was painful to continue, so I dropped in the middle of the episode.
Jun 24, 2021 1:13 PM

May 2021
Boruto because I have no patience for long running shows that are also crap

Jun 24, 2021 1:16 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kii_Ibarra?status=4 Everything here was either boring, ecchi or both at once

I don't think I've ever dropped a series for any other reason...
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jun 24, 2021 1:20 PM

Dec 2015
7 Deadly sins 3rd Season: We all know what happened

Fire Force: Watched 5 episodes and didn't find anything interesting, the only thing I thought was good was the animation.
If Ufotable makes an anime remake of the Fate route and Tsukihime I can say that I lived a full life.
Jun 24, 2021 1:24 PM

Aug 2018
With the exception of LotGH movie(which I liked but I want to watch the original) and all the others that have no episode count(because most if not all, I saw as a teen/child so I dont remember when I stopped but I know I didnt finish them)

The rest is just not entertaining or have a good(more like original) plot/characters...which are the only 2 requirements I have to watch an anime
Jun 24, 2021 2:09 PM
Sep 2019
I try not to drop any anime unless it's really bad IMO. I've only dropped 8 so far.

1.Arifureta: I read the LN a year before the anime aired and I really liked it since it reminded me of Dungeon seeker.What a lit down.Horrible animation.
2. Assassins pride: useless female protagonist.If you make a love story at least show us why. Side character ok, one look/action and they're in love. the winner isn't supposed to be like that tho. He has like a couple of months before he gets handcuffed and thrown in jail.
3.Boruto: don't really need to explain do I.
4.Choyoyu: Boring and weird
5.conception: wtf did I just watch.
6.Island: hella boring. After a couple of months, after I dropped it, I got a spoiler about the winner, and thank got I didn't reach the end.
7.Plunderer: The mc was so dumb, I couldn't bear which was sad since it had a cool concept called numbers.
8.Val x love: "Kiss me, I need to save the world. At least try to make it entertaining and fix your mc design.
Jun 24, 2021 2:14 PM

Jan 2020
Fullmetal Brotherhood - Boring, stupid and unfunny

No Game no Life - Boring, stupid and unfunny

Re Zero - Boring, very stupid and sometimes unfunny (I like Ram, I confess)

Cowboy Bebop - Very boring

Darling in the FranXX - very stupid and very boring

Evangelion - Very stupid and very boring, but less than Darling

Jun 24, 2021 2:20 PM

Mar 2021
Boku no hero: Trash anime didn't pass from the first episode.

Boruto: WORST ANIME EVER MADE, if you have an idea to watch this anime just don't, you will regret it.

Bleach: After the shinigami arc it became boring.
Jun 24, 2021 3:29 PM

Nov 2015
i removed most that were 1 or 2 episodes in because it wasn't that important.

Azumanga Daioh - tried four times and I gave up.

Bleach - i don't actually remember why. (that was nearly two decades ago...) probably an arc that was boring.

Hetalia axis power - I just forgot it existed and never got back to it.

Mushishi - I loved it 10/10 but never got to finish it and I don't think I will.

Yuuki yuna is a hero - I got bored at episode 5, even though I thought the visuals were cool.

Ao oni the animation - A badly adapted game, probably really funny to some. disappointing to me.

Jungle taitei - It was really enjoyable for a kid's show! i just left it on the side and forgot about it... recurrence about myself *roll eyes*

God only knows - I'm not a harem person, even if this one does it well. i didn't enjoy it.

Maria-sama ga miteru - I had preconceived ideas about it, was disappointed, and left in the middle. i couldn't handle that there were no physical contacts.

Naruto Shippuden - I was up-to-date when i watched it. It was around the 4th war and NOTHING was happening. i had to check the manga and got absolutely bored. this arc stripped away my fun from the series. i didn't want to wait.

Natsume yuujinchou - the MC is super likable, it's a bit slow and relaxing. I would compare it to mushishi. i don't know if i will ever get back to it, but it seems like most people enjoyed the latest seasons.

Tokyo ghoul - I wasted my time with this one. I was curious why people liked the MC. It was so bad, and the MC so bland. He doesn't show any development in 7 episodes.

Seto no hanayome - it got repetitive and I didn't get over the screaming. Felt like it could have been shorter.

Shugo chara - The concept was alright but I couldn't connect with anyone in the cast.

Shakugan no Shana s3 - it's unbearably boring compared to the rest of the franchise.

Owari no seraph - love bait. I hated the pacing.

Hanyo no yashahime - it was over the place and had so many plotholes.

Cautious hero - the visuals were funnier than the show. That's what got me to watch it, and left me bored.

Soul eater - i dropped it when i knew that there was no satisfying ending. i wouldn't have began it otherwise

Index - it left me more confused than anything i've ever watched.

Saiki-k - i didn't like the humor.
Jun 24, 2021 11:32 PM

Mar 2021
one piece - wano arc became boring and i don't like the new artstyle

death note - i don't like where it is going

higehiro - became boring after few episodes
Jun 24, 2021 11:34 PM
Mar 2021
yarwe said:
one piece - wano arc became boring and i don't like the new artstyle

death note - i don't like where it is going

higehiro - became boring after few episodes
Ah yes death note, can’t replace an iPhone 12 with an old flip phone right?
Nov 15, 2021 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
The only anime I've ever dropped is king's game bc I find it very shit.
Nov 15, 2021 3:59 AM

Feb 2021
Most of the anime I dropped are seasonals from 2021
I dropped Highschool Dxd Hero because it was very boring
Nov 15, 2021 4:06 AM

Dec 2020
beastars - not my thing but i'd wanna get back to it soon to see if i change my mind
blue period - boring/prefer the manga
erased - wasn't in the mood for it, would probably get back to it
carole and tuesday - idk how ppl say this is good, it was pretty boring to me
clannad - pacing was too slow
heike monogatari - i dont get half the thing it's saying
black butler - the humor is not my thing
nanatsu no taizai: fundo no shinpan - we all know what happened here
re:zero - couldn't stand subaru
sakurasou no pet na kanojo - couldn't stand the male lead
say i love you - too damn cliche
tokyo revengers - boring/prefer the manga
vanitas no karte - was boring, but would like to get back to it (not sure)
no more forum pic. that's it.
Nov 15, 2021 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Boku no pico - the part where he puts the ice on pico... ugh.

Ex-Arm - too powerful

The Detective is Arleady dead - dafuq was that?

Steins;Gate - idk i randomly just lost interest, might rewatch it again someday

Bunny Girl Senpai - didn't like any of the characters.

Note: i removed the last 2 in my dropped list
removed-userNov 15, 2021 5:29 AM
Nov 15, 2021 5:24 AM

Oct 2020
Interspecies Reviewer. Too insane, those size is bigger than their had. Also they try with granny? Fuck no. I can't.

Flowers of Evil. Unique, but i found it creepy. Idk why.

Kiss Him, Not Me!. The MC is actually cute but...... She's a Fujoshi. She have so many choices but she choose to ship them each other. Aarrgghhh...

Nov 15, 2021 5:45 AM

Mar 2021
I can’t drop shows but I nearly dropped first season of Durarara!! (at episode 20, I was so bored that I thought I can’t watch 4 more episodes..) But I’m glad I didn’t dropped because last season was so good.
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Nov 15, 2021 5:55 AM
Nov 2021
Demon Slayer. I found it to be pretty boring and repetitive, watched around 15 episodes and then dropped it.
Nov 15, 2021 5:59 AM

Dec 2020
None so far

...well I dropped a lot of anime when I was a kid cause I either forgot what I watched in TV before or some anime have so many episodes (Conan, Sailor Moon, etch.) that I just ignored altogether lol

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Nov 15, 2021 6:23 AM
Jan 2021
Tbh I rarely drop shows..
I dropped hunter x hunter at episode 140
Nov 15, 2021 6:52 AM

Dec 2020
Grand Blue - My friend told me that it's one of the funniest anime out there but after watching 6 episodes there's only like 2 scene that makes me chuckled, I also don't like most of the characters in this show especially the protagonist

Youjo Senki - Don't remember much about this show other than I slept twice while watching 4 episodes
Nov 15, 2021 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Pokémon (Too repetitive) and Tokyo Mew Mew (Not bad, a very cute show actually, but just not very interesting IMO)
Dec 16, 2021 2:05 AM

Nov 2019
I dropped the .hack// series because it was just so boring. I can't imagine watching panning scenery shots for 15min of the episode
Dec 16, 2021 2:49 AM

Aug 2017
Too many. 52 now currently, but it's actually a lot more, but I don't keep track of everything.
Dec 16, 2021 4:09 AM

May 2021
Check my list if u wanna know.....................................................................
Dec 16, 2021 4:19 AM

Sep 2020
I dropped one before, but kind of forgot its title.
So I can't add that into my dropped list.
takamonoDec 16, 2021 4:22 AM
Dec 16, 2021 4:20 AM
Dec 2021
Boruto just not fun right now, Had a good run when kawaki came, even manga feels slow to me. BTW I'm new to MAL, so hoping to have a good go & make some friends.
Dec 16, 2021 12:17 PM
Apr 2021
I've only dropped 4 series
1. Beck (Felt boring, plus I didn't like the characters)
2. Boruto (Ok series, but too much of a commitment to invest in)
3. One Piece (Same as Boruto, but much longer, and didn't care that much about the characters)
4. Urusei Yatsura (Too old and too long; I didn't like the characters at all, plus it was so boring)
Dec 16, 2021 1:45 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
I have a secret. I have too, dropped some series. But they happened 8-9 years ago, some of which I have finished since so, most I can't even remember, so I haven't marked these old dropped stuff on my list.
Anime below doesn't say anything about my taste, I was just a new anime watcher without any experience and most of these were dropped because I didn't really know what was going on or I was just randomly watching random episodes and these ones just didn't hit at that point.

What I remember dropping:

1. Special A (Have watched it since)
2. Angel Beats
3. Antique Bakery
4. Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
5. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003, have watched since)
6. Amnesia
7. Sword art Online (have watched it since)
8. Lucky Star (have watched it since, dropped because didn't understand references)
9. Gintama (have watched it since, dropped because didn't understand references)
10. Mirai Nikki
11. So Ra No Wo To (I think, I'm not 100% sure)
12. Kämpfer
13. White Album
14. Maria†Holic
15. Toaru Majutsu no Index (Have watched since)
16. Skip Beat! (Have watched since)
17. Baccano (Have watched since)
18. .hack// (started at wrong part so was confused, have watched since)
19. Elfen Lied (Have watched since)
20. Mushishi (Have watched since)
21. Eyeshield 21 (I think I liked it but got mixed up on what episode I was watching)
22. School Rumble
23. Bleach (Have watched since)
24. One Piece (Have watched since)

I think these are all I remember
Dec 16, 2021 1:57 PM

Aug 2018
I've dropped tons, and I'll do it again too. Mark my words!

I don't understand this "no drop" mentality of some people. Are you getting paid by the hour? Sounds to me like a sure fire way to get burned out on anime.
Dec 16, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2020
Bomberman Jetters was a boring-ass kids' show. I enjoyed Sonic X, but this was just slow.

Asobi Asobase showed promise in the first episode, but the second was just a slightly more cynical CGDCT and I'm not into that. I didn't rate it or Devil is a Part-Timer because they just weren't for me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

94 by LenRea »»
2 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - Yesterday

25 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Yesterday

20 by hich4n_ »»
15 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

32 by Maou_heika »»
27 minutes ago

» How did the (first 10) anime end up on your favorites list?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

33 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.