Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 14, 2021 11:45 PM
Dec 2020
Working conditions in the anime industry are already pretty terrible. If animators are quitting, I can't even imagine how messed up it is.

P.S. If anyone is able to find the original tweet by the animator, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know.

EDIT: I found the source! Added that plus some more context!

It's worth noting that this animator isn't very high level, and doesn't work on super important scenes or something (as you could probably tell by their tweet), but it's still interesting to hear the perspective of someone who's relatively new in the industry, and is also a freelancer.

Some more Context

Please do not discuss manga chapters, ending, or leaks. Also, when replying, please don't quote my entire post, it makes it really cumbersome for people scrolling through the comments. Also, please look through all the images to get the full picture.

Mod Edit: Reduced text size and put spoiler tags on pictures in order to reduce the absurd size
Awesomeness_1307May 15, 2021 3:24 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 2021 11:51 PM

Jun 2016
This /a/ thread is most likely about the same person and it has some tweets
https://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/222166119
Idk how these things work but do they sign NDAs or something?
Theo1899May 14, 2021 11:57 PM
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 15, 2021 12:11 AM
Dec 2020
Theo1899 said:
This /a/ thread is most likely about the same person and it has some tweets
https://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/222166119
Idk how these things work but do they sign NDAs or something?

I'm not sure about the NDA thing. Learned about all this stuff very recently. Thanks for the link! I'll attach the tweets.
May 15, 2021 12:13 AM
Jul 2020
Atleast chainsaw man is in good hands.
Woot mappa woot!
May 15, 2021 12:13 AM
Jun 2015
Well, that's what everyone said. Crappa suck 😆.
May 15, 2021 1:30 AM
Dec 2020
Bruh, I've been asking this.. just how many chapters does 1 manga volume consists of?
May 15, 2021 1:44 AM
Sep 2020
Azmihu_ said:
Bruh, I've been asking this.. just how many chapters does 1 manga volume consists of?

Usually 9-10 chapters but can vary. This is the maximum I guess.
May 15, 2021 1:45 AM

Jan 2020
Damn it! Roughly 8 months away from the airing date and some animators are already giving up? Sounds pretty bad. Everyone who said this part has a better schedule better reconsider.

I don't know how their contract with the production committee works. I wonder if there's a contract for each part or if MAPPA agreed on this since the very beginning. Either way, blaming either side won't change anything now. It's sad to know that the next 8 months or so will be a living hell for the Attack on Titan team.

Azmihu_ said:

I think each volume is 4 or 5 chapters long.
samashi20May 15, 2021 2:12 AM
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 15, 2021 1:49 AM

Jan 2009
lol how many animators quit? the Final Season did not even have Super Animators on it anyway

and i hope more quit since ye Fuck MAPPA with their factory type of philosophy

and people here are saying Part 2 have better production schedule lol looks like they do not have much time again
May 15, 2021 1:55 AM
Jan 2021
from what I have seen from leaks, it's good that this is happening I don't want chapter 139 to be animated
heydontyouknowmeMay 15, 2021 2:13 AM
May 15, 2021 1:55 AM
Feb 2021
Ironic Mappa was created by former Madhouse employees that left due to overworking and now Mappa is just like Madhouse can’t wait for the former Mappa employees to make a new studio
May 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Jan 2009
Take Care Of Yourself - Evangelion

OvergrownRover said:
Ironic Mappa was created by former Madhouse employees that left due to overworking and now Mappa is just like Madhouse can’t wait for the former Mappa employees to make a new studio

more ironic since a lot of former MadHouse staff goes to MAPPA now
May 15, 2021 2:05 AM
Apr 2021
This is because of the hatred for the ending

if working condition was this bad then wit studio would've never animated season 2 and season 3

animators are quittng because of the trash tier ending of this manga and they don't wanna waste their energy drawing

i hope all of the animators and staff just quit this project cause it ain't worth it at all at this point this manga doesn't deserve a great adaptation at all
May 15, 2021 2:05 AM

Jul 2019
This is pretty worrying tbh but i can't really blame the animators who quit, the workload is pure insanity even with cgi.
May 15, 2021 2:13 AM
Jul 2020
Awesomeness_1307 said:
Working conditions in the anime industry are already pretty terrible. If animators are quitting, I can't even imagine how messed up it is.[/size]

P.S. If anyone is able to find the original tweet by the animator, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know.

EDIT: I found the source! Added that plus some more context!

It's worth noting that this animator isn't very high level, and doesn't work on super important scenes or something (as you could probably tell by their tweet), but it's still interesting to hear the perspective of someone who's relatively new in the industry, and is also a freelancer.

Some more Context

Please do not discuss manga chapters, ending, or leaks. Also, when replying, please don't quote my entire post, it makes it really cumbersome for people scrolling through the comments.

Mod Edit: Reduced text size and put spoiler tags on pictures in order to reduce the absurd size
from what I have seen from leaks, it's good that this is happening I don't want chapter 139 to be animated[/quote]
Well if 139 gets animated anime only will understand why most manga readers despise this series ending.
We get to hate together

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
CravenlockMay 15, 2021 7:44 AM
May 15, 2021 2:20 AM

Jun 2016
OvergrownRover said:

Maruyama (co founder of madhouse and founder of mappa) has already founded a new studio because he apparently hated how mappa functions.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 15, 2021 3:12 AM
Jan 2021
SUCKMAHDLMAO said:

if working condition was this bad then wit studio would've never animated season 2 and season 3

animators are quittng because of the trash tier ending of this manga and they don't wanna waste their energy drawing

i hope all of the animators and staff just quit this project cause it ain't worth it at all at this point this manga doesn't deserve a great adaptation at all
the ending was amazing.. Wtf r u talking abt? That was the perfect ending for aot and it didn't contradict anything..

Mod Edit: Removed double quote.
CravenlockMay 15, 2021 7:37 AM
May 15, 2021 3:15 AM

May 2020
goodguylegy said:
SUCKMAHDLMAO said:

the ending was amazing.. Wtf r u talking abt? That was the perfect ending for aot and it didn't contradict anything..

This has to be sarcasm right?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
CravenlockMay 15, 2021 7:45 AM
May 15, 2021 3:21 AM
Jan 2021
SUCKMAHDLMAO said:

LOL you think animators give a fuck about how good or bad something is? They work because they earn money, not because they like it or not.
May 15, 2021 3:21 AM
Jan 2021
Gilgameshuu said:
goodguylegy said:

literally no I'm being serious.. The ending contradicted nothing and a lot of people including me loved the ending. Please explain how did the ending contradict the story?
May 15, 2021 3:38 AM
Dec 2020
Xenophorm12 said:
They work because they earn money, not because they like it or not.

I'm not supporting the other person's argument, but animators do not work in this profession for money. It's purely out of passion. There are plenty of other easier and better paying careers if one wants to make money. That said, once they get hired for a project, they have to do whatever their boss tells them.

Also, this is not a message for you specifically, but...

Please do not discuss about manga chapters, ending, or leaks!
May 15, 2021 4:01 AM

Feb 2021
goodguylegy said:
Gilgameshuu said:

literally no I'm being serious.. The ending contradicted nothing and a lot of people including me loved the ending. Please explain how did the ending contradict the story?

mentions of leaks and ending below, read with caution.

if the leaks are true about the extra 8-ish pages being added onto chapter 139, then yes the story does somewhat contradict itself.

although it's not factual yet, there is a possibility of it being true, since the leaker is the same one who leaked lots of aot chapters with almost 100% accuracy.
HiigurashiiMay 15, 2021 4:07 AM
May 15, 2021 4:02 AM

May 2020
May 15, 2021 4:21 AM

Nov 2020
Ah man this is a shame to hear, but not too surprising I guess considering how bad anime working conditions can be in general. As an anime only I really want to go into this final part with as few expectations as possible, so I have to find a way to ignore these topics that pop up on my feed. This was my gateway anime and I want to remain optimistic for its final stretch, judging it and the ending for myself when it comes out. Still loved S4P1, but no doubt frequenting these boards changed the experience a bit, and I don't want to go into next year thinking "oh no animators quit so the animation might suck! And the ending could be disappointing since a lot of manga readers said so!" Just gotta judge it on it's own as someone whose loved this show all this time.
Are ya winning, diners?
May 15, 2021 4:21 AM
May 2020
It's not surprising, though everytime I see this moment it just really sucks, F for them. Working for passion is really good, but they originally doing it for their sake, fulfilling their passion and hobby with fun times, and then a fucked up schedule just ruined things up, no wonder if these people quitting. No objection here.
May 15, 2021 4:46 AM

Oct 2015
I was puzzled at how Mappa intended to adapt a full anime season from a manga that hadn't yet concluded with less than a year to its premier so it's understandable the studio is in utter chaos. Still, being told to work all the way into the morning week after week has to be a violation of labour rights. I'm sure streaming figures were sky-high but are blu-rays even on sale yet to determine if the Final Season was a monetary success?
May 15, 2021 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
With how the last arc and ending turned out idc anymore. I hope their ressources are going to Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man instead.
May 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Dec 2020
RebelPandaSFan said:
Atleast chainsaw man is in good hands.
Woot mappa woot!

Yeah and considering how many animators WANT to work on CSM.I hope the animation will be good

"I had a dream. Under the full moon, I was a child embraced by nostalgic warmth. But when I wake from the dream, only a vague sense of longing remains...that, too, will soon disappear with a single tear like mountain dew"

May 15, 2021 5:29 AM

Jul 2020
I really hope Crappa learns their lesson from this.In the future,other anime will also be affected by this and not just Aot and I can guarantee you that.
I'm wishing good luck to those who retired from Mappa and find a better studio with better working environment like KyoAni.
sharosharo said:
Well got some info thanks for bring this up

A big one too.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 15, 2021 5:47 AM

Apr 2021
Well, that's "GOAT Mappa" for you.
May 15, 2021 6:19 AM

Sep 2020
This is so painful to see,if covid weren't exist we will get we want in the trailer and people don't disappointed,but we must accept it ,accept the truth,I don't care about the CGI but if the frames are a bit faster maybe....
May 15, 2021 6:23 AM
Nov 2019
-Neroo said:
This is so painful to see,if covid weren't exist we will get we want in the trailer and people don't disappointed,but we must accept it ,accept the truth,I don't care about the CGI but if the frames are a bit faster maybe....

In a world where the Demon slayer movie exists, that argument doesn't work, AOT S4 sucks, it's the truth whether you admit it or not.
May 15, 2021 7:43 AM
Jun 2020
badmintona said:
-Neroo said:

In a world where the Demon slayer movie exists, that argument doesn't work, AOT S4 sucks, it's the truth whether you admit it or not.
so aot s4 sucks because it's not as well animated as demon slayer? you mappa haters are shallow asf
May 15, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2017
Good for them tbh. Glad they'll be able to spend time with their families and get even a little sleep now.

May 15, 2021 8:55 AM

Nov 2020
Now mappa has only one option to deliver AOT like they want. Just give those poor animators some time and delay it to idk maybe 2023. Otherwise MAPPA is done for.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

May 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Jan 2020
This news has made me quite disappointed in mappa. I'm glad they left

May 15, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2020
here comes the CGI!!!!
well tbh its a different team , so like he said this is nothing unusual . of course members from the 1st part wont stick around, especially considering how bad the schedule was . so this nothing to be surprised about .
May 15, 2021 9:06 AM
Aug 2018
some aot staff members quit? that sucks i guess
May 15, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2017
Scordolo said:
I really hope Crappa learns their lesson from this.In the future,other anime will also be affected by this and not just Aot and I can guarantee you that.
I'm wishing good luck to those who retired from Mappa and find a better studio with better working environment like KyoAni.
sharosharo said:
Well got some info thanks for bring this up

A big one too.

Let's be honest Kyoto Animation is in the minority and really MAPPA is just following some of the practices Madhouse has been accused of. It's just another notable case of an industry that needs to care more about it's workers. Still yeah even though I guess for anime onlys a poorly animated S4 Part 2 would suck I hope MAPPA is prioritizing CSM. We will see when the PV comes out.
May 15, 2021 9:50 AM

Jul 2020
BilboBaggins365 said:
Scordolo said:

A big one too.

Let's be honest Kyoto Animation is in the minority and really MAPPA is just following some of the practices Madhouse has been accused of. It's just another notable case of an industry that needs to care more about it's workers. Still yeah even though I guess for anime onlys a poorly animated S4 Part 2 would suck I hope MAPPA is prioritizing CSM. We will see when the PV comes out.

And some members REQUESTED to lessen the number of anime to animate but the Ceo turned it down.Seems like greed completely blinded him.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 15, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, that sucks.

Now people who worship MAPPA excessively can stay silent forever.
May 15, 2021 10:42 AM

Nov 2020
Awesomeness_1307 said:
gintokijaegar05 said:
tbh i know it sound really bad, but a part of me hope that MAPPA fails miserably to adapt part 2, which will make MAPPA learn a lesson and make way for better adaptation down the line a after some years.

That's a shitty mentality. Not everyone is so invested in studios and production. A very small minority of the fandom cares so deeply about this stuff, so wishing that they fail miserably would be wishing ill on all of the viewers. And secondly, even if they do fail, it won't result in them getting better. It will either result in them shutting down, or becoming some kinda watered down relic of their past selves, kinda like Madhouse.
sorry i deleted the reply and i request u to do the same as it contains my reply. I was being nothing but a big retard. I apologize.
CamelBowMay 15, 2021 10:51 AM

You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

May 15, 2021 10:45 AM
Jan 2021
Hiigurashii said:
goodguylegy said:

mentions of leaks and ending below, read with caution.

if the leaks are true about the extra 8-ish pages being added onto chapter 139, then yes the story does somewhat contradict itself.

although it's not factual yet, there is a possibility of it being true, since the leaker is the same one who leaked lots of aot chapters with almost 100% accuracy.
but those leaks ain't guaranteed to be true. I was talking abt ch 139 for which the official ending is already out. I don't wanna talk abt the leaks just yet and jump to conclusions and yes those pages contradict everything eren did and that's exactly why I think yams won't do something that dumb.I saw some posts analysing the ending and it was found that the pics used r edited pictures from old panels. So that's why we shouldn't trust the leaks yet, ik zekken ( the one who leaked) is known for being accurate but this time it seems sketchy. But if we r talking abt ch 139 alone then I still stand by my point, it didn't contradict anything
May 15, 2021 10:54 AM

Aug 2020
badmintona said:

so aot s4 sucks because it's not as well animated as demon slayer? you mappa haters are shallow asf
In fact, what he said makes sense, why is covid blamed for the poor production of AOT if many other studies and animes have done really well? maybe KNY's example is ridiculous, another example would have worked better.
And the thing here is not which anime has better animation, but AOT had a very inconsistent animation throughout s4.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
May 15, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 2021
goodguylegy said:
Gilgameshuu said:

This has to be a joke right…
May 15, 2021 11:59 AM

Jul 2020
@Ajecs and @Gilgameshuu Fun fact:Not everyone shares the same opinion.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 15, 2021 12:02 PM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
@Ajecs and @Gilgameshuu Fun fact:Not everyone shares the same opinion.
I just genuinely thought he was trolling because of the way the sentence was worded.
May 15, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2020
Leoradiuju2004 said:
In fact, what he said makes sense, why is covid blamed for the poor production of AOT if many other studies and animes have done really well? maybe KNY's example is ridiculous, another example would have worked better.
And the thing here is not which anime has better animation, but AOT had a very inconsistent animation throughout s4.

The reason why other anime did well is because they aren't very complex to animate unlike Aot.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 15, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2020
Yeah I'm not surprised at this, the working conditions must be absolute hell, I really don't like how MAPPA is overworking their staff
May 15, 2021 12:24 PM

Jul 2020
TweedleDane said:
Lads once again : only the people who were working in the part 1 of the anime has left . It's not " quitting" but the people leaving to find their next work . This is nothing unusual or anything .it's the normal case for 2 cour productions , unless the people want to work in the part 2 as well. Which won't be the case with aot since the schedule is too shit to work in......they arent sticking around for a part 2 of this . The team has been different from the beginning.

Don't get clickbaited by the title . No one has quit the production team from part 2 .

Wait it's a different team working for part 2? That's interesting

Edit: My dumbass didn't read all of the tweets
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

508 by therealnagora »»
Jun 5, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by therealnagora »»
Jun 1, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.