Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 21, 2021 2:39 AM

Oct 2020
MAPPA really did the fight scene well in this episode. For me, the real MVP of the fight would be Inumaki. He literally sacrificed his vocal chord to save his friends. I really enjoy the interaction between Toudou and Itadori. They were like a master and student/ best friend. Toudou was a good friend. He tried his best to make Itadori the best sorcerer he could be.
Feb 21, 2021 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
Toudou and Yuuji fighting together this is strange because they were fighting in previous episodes.
Feb 21, 2021 4:38 AM
Oct 2019
Hey am i Watching Movie right now???
This shit are Movie Quality Level.... SAKUGA ORGASMS...

Oh my KOKUSEN.... 🔥🔥🔥

Sang kyu so muchh, Besto Friendoo...
davidyodo24Feb 21, 2021 4:41 AM
Feb 21, 2021 5:41 AM

May 2016
This was insanely great episode, this Hanami is strong and love the design of that left arm.

Bromance was unexpectedly good. 5/5

can't wait for Todou's technique.
Feb 21, 2021 6:48 AM

May 2015
Eyyy its Todou turn next week. woooo
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 21, 2021 9:16 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was a complete banger of an episode. Like the cursed spirit was extremely strong but Toudo and Itadori are awesome together. They have amazing coordination. Their power cannot be ignored, and next episode preview was also cool. The two teams are coming together to fight the cursed spirit and hopefully they will win.
Feb 21, 2021 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
Fight looked cringy when the roots sprung out, but it god real fucking good with all the hand to hand combat. Can't wait to see how much stronger those two get.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 21, 2021 11:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, the animation quality is just too good for the show. I'm not quite feeling the fight in all honesty but the choreography is more than enough to keep me invested.

Toudou's ability next episode? Yes, please.

Villain holding back power too? Sure, why not.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 21, 2021 11:24 AM
Jan 2017
The OST was so good that i couldn't even concentrate on the episode!!!!😂
Feb 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Feb 2021
Todd_ said:
Despite being excellently animated, there's just something about this show that feels off. I guess the best way I can describe it is that it feels very uncompelling.

Usually episodes like these can get you really amped up and excited, but I find myself feeling very lethargic about the whole thing.

You are the first comment i find who is actually talking about the plot or the anime instead of the animation budget, yes is amazing, i also love it but i find myself sighing for some things , like the character actions, like talking like no biggie when a special monster is there, like let us bromance here and have motivional talks while you wait lol

Or how most of the dialogue is mostly expository ,that takes for me some of the emotion of the battle (omg i didnt hit, but if i bla bla bka bla ) and this has been an issue since ep 1, and even if they explain things in extra detail same battle pattern is not use later and is annoying, why explaining so much if not gonna care later ?

They are just avoiding the firts rule of audiovisual mediums, show dont tell

Hahhaha i laugh at "you are 2,5 more stronger than before" hahzhzh how do they get those numbers ? He could just tell him you are now stronger but those stats hahahahahha

Anyway sorry i rant, i needed to vent, like no one else care about the plot ?just animation ? And i saw your comment ans was the first in 5 pages xD

Btw im not hating on the show, as a battle shonen works, since the battles are made very good but oh boy i wish they work on the dialogues
Feb 21, 2021 3:40 PM
Oct 2019
Toudou and Itadori are so funny together. Hanami is pretty strong.

PANDASHHHHHHH
Life is not daijoubu
Feb 21, 2021 4:34 PM
Jul 2019
Great animations. Stupid fight. This big muscular guy is one of the most annoying characters I have seen in anime recently.
Feb 21, 2021 4:52 PM

Mar 2020
Masterpiece the best fight scenes probably ever. The animation is better than the best movies and the story is getting better and better.
Feb 21, 2021 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
Wicked hype episode! but we haven't seen a serious Toudou!
5/5.

Feb 21, 2021 10:02 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, The animation is really good! what a great ep
Feb 21, 2021 10:27 PM

Dec 2012
WHAT AN EPISODE!!!

Feb 22, 2021 2:02 AM
Dec 2016
The animation really popped off wow
Feb 22, 2021 2:23 AM
Aug 2020
Xnovazero said:
Very dope and badass episode. All fighting scenes are pretty awesome.
Yuuji and Toudou's combination is great. "Thank you so much, best friend!"

I'm absolutely living for the relationship between those two
Feb 22, 2021 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
maki-zenin said:
Xnovazero said:
Very dope and badass episode. All fighting scenes are pretty awesome.
Yuuji and Toudou's combination is great. "Thank you so much, best friend!"

I'm absolutely living for the relationship between those two

Nice! Having good friends is awesome :D
Feb 22, 2021 8:37 AM

Jul 2013
Toudou is so fucking awesome! I really love how he's teaching Itadori all these badass shit. And the fight scenes, goddamn!
Feb 23, 2021 9:19 AM
Dec 2020
Finally got to watch this ep & the animation is so good. Really loving Yuji and Todou relationship XD Plus that Jojo reference hahha
Feb 23, 2021 9:27 AM
Apr 2018
"Congratulations Brother! You can become strong."
"Now shall we get cooking?"

TOUDOU : My Friend!
ITADORI : Thank you so much, Best Friend!

HANAMI : MAHITO, right now... i'm enjoying a fight!

"You okay, Brother?!"
Feb 23, 2021 10:16 AM

Mar 2019
Omg this episode was hype! fights are so well animated and the stakes feel real, this is one of the best episodes so far for sure, can't wait to see how everything wraps up. I'm just reading the manga as it recently got published in my country so just on volume 3 so far, eventually i'll go past the anime i bet but man i'm really enjoying this shonen like very few in a while.

I enjoyed Demon Slayer anime but the story and chacacters are just not on this level (some annoying AF like Zenitsu and Inosuke and that's not good as they are main ones) and i couldn't get into the manga for its art. My Hero Academia is a similar story, really cool anime but draaags and very few characters get that much development as the cast is huge.

Anyway i hope Jujutsu Kaisen keeps getting better and better, big fan so far.
Feb 23, 2021 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
It was great seeing Itadori and Toudou teaming up. One of the best bromance I've seen in a while.

Itadori using Black Flash was pretty cool and Hanami is no joke.

I felt sorry for Inumaki. :(

Feb 24, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2015
What's up with episode 19 of these shows having such amazing animation? First Demon Slayer episode 19, and now Jujutsu Kaisen episode 19, for some reason it's always the 19th episode.
Feb 24, 2021 1:39 AM
Jan 2021
THE DUO'S IN THIS EPISODE GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS AHHHGH I LOVED THIS <3
Feb 24, 2021 6:03 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Hinami is crazy strong, at least compared to someone like Jugo. He's taking on several sorcerers at once without breaking a sweat.

Yuji and Aoi vs Hanami is the highlight of this episode for me and imo, one of his toughest fights yet. Well done again MAPPA on animating the action and making it as impactful as it can be.

Jougo is stronger than Hanami i aint saying anymore but Jougo is the strongest then Dagon,Hanami and then last is Mahitou

Feb 24, 2021 6:20 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Mirai said:
Thank you for teaching me how to make a coat rack out of human spine Jujutsu Kaisen! I'll be sure to put this knowledge to good use.

The animators once again flexing on us hot damn. These episodes are just too short, I need moar.

Wow ur probably the only chainsaw fan who doesn't trash the series etc its so simple
lifel said:
I COMPLETELY understand everyone sayin that this feels kinda shallow and not with high stakes or whatever else they said? Because thinking about it, yeah, it kinda sorta is, if anime only. I trust that the manga explains stuff a bit better, but everyone arguing against points brought up by others with "well in the future we get an explanation-" kinda misses the point. We shouldnt HAVE to ask these questions in the first place.

But. I have my rose tinted glasses on and my monkey brain is going hehe cool people doing cool thingz
And for me it s enough just to care about the characters a lot and see them do cool shit and also see them get hurt for that sweet sweet angst

Honestly all i can think about is the weapon switching scene between megumi and maki my eyes were Awooga ing
Hinami coulda put the plant inside maki too, but they didnt, so do y all think hinami is targeting megumi bcs they also know of his potential or is his potential only known by sukuna? Still waitin for megumi to do some real cool shit bcs if The King Of Curses™ says you got potential then damn.

And also toge and his cursed speech live rent free in my head. It didnt feel that impactful but maybe thats bcs the child was going against a Special Grade™ and used his speech a bunch before hanami even arrived. I seriously can t wait to see his full potential- and see if he ever uses something like "drop dead" lmao

Also allow me to complain about the length of the episodes. Too. Damn. Short. I d rather not see the funnie little ending animations just so i could get more content. Be like re zero

Hanami is just messing around he aint serious he only gets serious around the later half but his main role as someone stated is just to distract everyone while getous group do their business in peace thats why they got those curse users to come basically to take the attention on the guys who are really plotting in the dark

Feb 24, 2021 8:38 AM

Feb 2021
Are they ever going to release the soundtrack when Itadori and Todou fight Hanami/Gojo fights Jogo?
Feb 24, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2016
This has to be the best episode so far. The moment itadori and todou were jumping into battle really tells you how much stronger they are from the other students. I do wonder what's the main reason to why itadori is so strong, aside from sukunas cursed energy. He seems to be grasping techniques super fast. Is he just naturally more talented?. The power gap seesm to be pretty wide between itadori and todou, from the rest.

I think this anime definitely deserved winning anime of the year, and it's looking to get better.
Feb 24, 2021 8:27 PM

Mar 2019
First episode that actually made me feel goosebumps...

Finally...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 25, 2021 1:02 AM
Nov 2020
I am very excited about Episode 20
Feb 25, 2021 1:04 AM
Nov 2020
Feb 25, 2021 1:39 AM
Aug 2019
This animation was so jaw-dropping.

Feb 25, 2021 1:44 AM

Sep 2018
Ohhh this is my favorite episode. I really love every fight scenes in this anime. Toudou is so weird before but I like him this episode.
Feb 25, 2021 3:28 AM
Nov 2020
I am excited about the upcoming episodes and the upcoming season
Feb 25, 2021 3:51 AM
Nov 2020
Best friends, no best brothers, yes
Feb 25, 2021 3:59 AM
Feb 2021
Hello,
How are you doing all
I hope you are doing well
Please when will Nanami appear again
He is my favorite character 💔
I miss him
Feb 25, 2021 5:21 AM
Feb 2021
This episode is really amazing
Feb 25, 2021 12:31 PM

Dec 2020
ahhh itadori and todou really are best friends!!! ^~^
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Feb 25, 2021 2:20 PM
Apr 2017
The To-ji combo is entertaining and heart-warming! I wonder what would have happened if Itadori was into a different type of woman though...

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of all the power-level gains in the background though. I know this is shonen but Itadori just instantly learns power-ups and somehow has superhuman strength right off the bat. I didn't read the manga at all so I suspect his baseline strength is explained, but as for what we know from the show so far it's a bit unsatisfying for me.
Feb 25, 2021 10:05 PM

Sep 2020
I have mixed feeling on itadori as a character he feel like your average shonen protagonist a blend of goofy and serious. Example being luffy goku naruto etc. its makes him feel samey. Even sakuna is pretty much just what kurama was to naruto for a good part of it. But in all fairness sakuna is way better then kurama for one
sakuna being a unforgivable monster that so evil that its never going to just warm up to itadori. Second the fact that itadori wasn't given this power against his will it was his own choice to eat the finger, I feel that's an improvement because instead of sometimes just going berserk sukuna feels like a character you have to watch itadori go through this an example itadori dosent get his power just handed to him when its convenient the thing giving him power straight up laughs in his face while his friend is dying.

His relationship with toudou is something i really like and i cant wait to see it grow in later episodes. Also the scene where their standing side by side would make a great gacha unit if a their every is a JJk gacha ( lets face it kinda inevitable
Feb 26, 2021 2:28 AM
Nov 2020
Feb 26, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2017
Don't know axe apron guy's name but after watching Juju Sanpo I realized he's a lot like the Ippon-Datara as depicted by Kazuma Kaneko.
Feb 27, 2021 6:58 PM

Mar 2016
You know it's serious when the OP starts 8 mins into the ep, that along with Itadori's and Todou's brotherly tag team battle against Hanami made this ep feel a hell lot quicker than it actually is! Damn!

It's amusing how within a relatively short period of time, these 2 guys managed to be so close to one another they ended up calling each other their best friend or even go so far as a brother. This is another reason how one can truly be closer to another by the simple discussion relating to their specific interest in women.

Now we've been seeing quite a lot of both long-ranged and short-ranged attacks within the past previous fights, but now it's back to he good old, barehanded attacks. Though not so weak anymore as now Itadori is able to us 'Black Flash' since nobody has ever mastered it, this technique really opened up the pathway for him to really gain an advantage over the other sorcerers, as long as he could master it.

Animation wise and even OST wise, this ep is one of the best so far in the series, MAPPA did a wonderful job conveying the speed and impact of the many attacks shown in this ep, not to mention the fluid animations during the slow-motion scenes.
Feb 28, 2021 12:32 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
My God, they are really pushing this into becoming an animation marvel, just like Demon Slayer earlier.
Feb 28, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2008
I think it's safe to call them the ultimate tag team.
Mar 1, 2021 6:09 PM

Jan 2016
Good episode, though I would have appreciated a bit more of dialogue, at least Yūji finally say it back to Tōdō. However, it was nice seeing an antagonist interrupting dialogue for once. Maki, Megumi and the boys held out well enough.
Mar 3, 2021 9:55 AM
Jul 2020
The animation...wheew. MAPPA is absolutely killin it.
Mar 7, 2021 8:34 PM
Jan 2016
Pandash... I just... love Panda an irrational amount
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

279 by Bigtoes22 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

499 by CutieAnshin »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

456 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Jun 8, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

334 by PracticalPlayer »»
Jun 6, 1:33 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

206 by PracticalPlayer »»
Jun 4, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.