Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2020 8:51 AM

Jul 2020
So, I am watching 3-gatsu no lion and it's good. But it isn't amusing me that much like other 'slice of life's did. Does it get any better after 9th episodes?

Dec 27, 2020 9:13 AM

Dec 2018
yes, after 11th in my case

post scriptum and nota bene: I don't know what to add to pass the 30 symbols rule, I wanted to answer 'yes'. Isn't it enough?
Dec 27, 2020 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
it's good just watch it and if you didn't like it just drop it
Dec 27, 2020 9:21 AM
Sep 2020
Tumike_42 said:
So, I am watching 3-gatsu no lion and it's good. But it isn't amusing me that much like other 'slice of life's did. Does it get any better after 9th episodes?

i don’t know if amusement is the feeling you’ll get out of Sangatsu to begin with. It’s an introspective anime about character growth and can be quite depressing. It’s very similar to Violet Evergarden overall, imo.

It really picks up in quality in the second cour of the first season, and the second season is flawless.
Dec 27, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
I thought it was pretty boring thoroughly. The first season is better. The second season is too melodramatic to my taste.
Dec 27, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
It does get better later, but I also still think it was just good and not amazing until the end of season 1. Even though melodrama slice of life is my favorite genre, and Honey & Clover by the same author is one of my favorite anime of all time. Haven't watched season 2 yet though, so maybe that's where it's all about.
Dec 27, 2020 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
It's the kind of series that keeps growing on you, the beginning feels very miserable and empty, but the story starts to get more colorful little by little
Dec 27, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2010
it's the same, come on, it's from the creator of hachimitsu to clover, somehow she couldn't top her past work. It has the same melodrama and random things with no end result, add in some bullying arc because it looks sad and we're over
Dec 27, 2020 9:49 AM

Jan 2017
Tumike_42 said:

Yes its brilliant writing keep going.
you're cool
Dec 27, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
Catalano said:
it's the same, come on, it's from the creator of hachimitsu to clover, somehow she couldn't top her past work. It has the same melodrama and random things with no end result, add in some bullying arc because it looks sad and we're over

Its barely melodramatic though in fact a lot less melodramatic than hachimitsu, and she definitely topped it i think. In popularity and positive reception everywhere not just on mal. I guess its a loss for you im sorry its worse for you though
you're cool
Dec 27, 2020 2:51 PM
Mar 2020
in my opinion sangatsu no lion improves with each episode
Dec 27, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2019
Its a pretty enjoyable experience. It does not do much of anything badly and it has a pretty broad range of emotions it can elicit pretty well.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
The 50 Anime You Should Watch Before You Die
Dec 27, 2020 3:03 PM

Nov 2019
Still intend to watch. The first episode or 2 made me come up with this...

Dec 27, 2020 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
No. There are a few moments where he figures some things out about his life, but for the most part every episode is similar in quality as the first 9. I really didn't get the emotions other people have mentioned. Whatever emotion I felt was blunted. It just wasn't that big of a deal. He finds people to celebrate the holidays with, makes some incremental self-discovery about his relationship with his father or whatever, etc.

I feel like people who related to 3-gatsu no Lion the most are what I would consider "depressive hopefuls" -- people who suffered depression but still yearn for a normal family life. Personally, I haven't celebrated any holiday or birthday in forever and couldn't care less if it's just me sitting at home browsing the internet on my birthday. Welcome to adult life.

It's not a terrible show, but whether it's good highly depends on your own outlook on life.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Jul 2016
I haven't seen it yet but I want to because of a particular character.
Dec 29, 2020 12:30 PM

Oct 2017
Tumike_42 said:

It's not a comedy though? It's a SOL drama that's the main appeal.
Dec 29, 2020 1:06 PM

Oct 2018
Top 2 favorite series of mine. I personally loved it from episode 1, as soon as i finished the first episode I knew it would be one of my favorites. The manga gets even better for those that have watched it, loved it, and haven't caught up.

Dec 29, 2020 3:47 PM

Oct 2008
Season 1 is more of the same. Season 2 might be what you are looking for.
Personally I hated the turn and preferred the somber, tense and uncomfortable feeling of s1. But s2 is more light-hearted, easy to digest and happy, which is why I was disappointed with it.
Dec 29, 2020 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
Its mostly about character growth and there inner turmoil. I love me some whole hearted drama. I enjoyed it but some eps were kinda slow. Season 2 was really good tho.
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
Dec 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Jul 2020
TolkienFan365 said:
Tumike_42 said:

Amusing doesn't always mean 'comedy' tho. Anyways, I got you. thnx

Dec 30, 2020 8:27 AM

May 2015
Catalano said:

It's actually kinda impressive how wrong everything you said is.

Dec 30, 2020 8:37 AM

Oct 2017
Tumike_42 said:
TolkienFan365 said:

Amusing does imply humour in most contexts so you should have specified more what the issue with the show is for you.

Edit: If it not being funny is the issue then what is?
BilboBaggins365Dec 30, 2020 8:40 AM
Dec 30, 2020 8:52 AM

Apr 2018
I don't know why I liked it but I did but now that I think about it it is not that good to be in the top 100 and the sequel is like whole another anime with a boring bullying arc I mean c'mon if you don't have enough material take a break don't just put obvious cliche arc and expect them to like it.

Dec 30, 2020 8:53 AM

May 2016
Each episode it gets better and better and the characters grow is amazing how much development they get, I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Dec 30, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 2018
Catalano said:

Finally someone with the right answer, but tbh hachimitsu no clover was more random I had to force myself to watch that but I had no such problem with this.

Dec 30, 2020 9:01 AM

Feb 2020
It has nice shogi matches which got me in. Especially Kai Shimada matches are really awesome. I never expected a anime like 3-gatsu no lion to give out battle aura. That's basically the reason I really like 3-gatsu no lion
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 30, 2020 9:01 AM

Oct 2010
Juralumin said:
Catalano said:

Finally someone with the right answer, but tbh hachimitsu no clover was more random I had to force myself to watch that but I had no such problem with this.

hanazono's arc from the last episodes of season 1 was decent, 3gatsu had these 3 chicks that blinded our eyes (loli, medium girl and ara ara girl) where hachiclo actually had interesting characters no one liked like ayu and hagu-chan.
Dec 30, 2020 9:27 AM

Jul 2020
TolkienFan365 said:
Tumike_42 said:

Amusing does imply humour in most contexts so you should have specified more what the issue with the show is for you.

Umm, it's kinda like finding the characters or the storyline interesting or exceptional.

Dec 30, 2020 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
Tumike_42 said:
TolkienFan365 said:

Umm, it's kinda like finding the characters or the storyline interesting or exceptional.

Still kinda vague all I can say is that yeah after episode 9 you get see Rei develop and you get introduced to more notable side characters like Shimada. That said it's not like the early parts of S1 lack interesting characters like Kyouko or likeable characters like the Kawamoto sisters, Nikaidou or Hayashida. so I don't know if you are going to enjoy it more.

I know some people say S2 is better but personally while there are some big highlights for me from that section and if I had to pick the first half of S1 would be the weakest with the second half of S2 being the strongest I do think the difference isn't that substantial and you should at least somewhat enjoy it getting to the point you are. It might not be your show IDK.
Dec 30, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
It's not really a funny slice of life. It leans more towards the dram and sports sides of things. Though it's not really entirely devoid of comedy either.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Dec 30, 2020 12:33 PM

Nov 2018
I was hesitant of the series at first as it didn't impress me too much (besides the visuals), but it's definitely worth the push to finish both seasons. You will not regret it.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Dec 30, 2020 12:37 PM

Jul 2020
An anime getting better is pure subjective.So just watch 5-7 episodes of the anime and if you didn't like it just drop it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte

More topics from this board

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Today

61 by Infernalization »»
1 minute ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

60 by Hikinekomori »»
5 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 6 hours ago

17 by Quadruple_Oi »»
7 minutes ago

» best instrumental op

deg - 9 hours ago

13 by KitsuFrost »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Today

30 by Guilmon1 »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.