Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2020 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well. I honestly don't think that could have gone any worse than it did. And Scratchman can really hit Luffy and Zoro hard. I wonder if that's just the sonic vibrations of his devil fruit, or if he's enhanced that with haki too. That was super dangerous.

Felt so happy for Kid getting his revenge slap in there.

On break next week, but no surprise there. Oda had already posted earlier that with the way things are we'll be seeing a bi- to tri-weekly release going forward.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
May 21, 2020 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
Luffy screwed up as you could expect him to do but lol Zoro didn't get lost this time. Apoo actually managed to damage both but it seems like Kid just finished him off. Still, since both Luffy and Zoro blew their cover, it's going to be an endless mayhem here.
May 21, 2020 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
almost get jobbed early LMAO.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 21, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2017
Welp that was dumb.
May 22, 2020 12:01 AM

Jul 2007
Ok look I APPRECIATE that oda does not use ass pulls or illogical power up's for these characters like so many other damn shonen do. I LOVE the fact that power scaling is taking into great consideration for this manga to be as real as possible but my god man come on. 980 Chapters in and the Straw hats are still fodder in the face of these enemies. Just what in the hell is oda thinking. I am telling you right now. This entire fight is SO ONE SIDED!!

So i guess its not about who will win, its about what "surprise" does oda have in store for the climax of this arc that could potentially turn the tables. I honestly think at this point luffy is in a serous need of a power up despite the fact that i don't like random ass pulls. He still needs some kind of boost. THIS is just ridiculous. He's going to fight kaido, lmao. yeah right!
ArtimesGamerMay 22, 2020 12:12 AM

May 22, 2020 12:46 AM

Oct 2019
Apoo is probably a glass cannon kinda like Nami, I don't think that his fruit can defend himself from Kidd's attack and he don't look like a guy that uses busoshoku Haki so Kidd probably took him down already.

It seems that Zoro and Luffy took some damage but they have food all around them so I guess they can "heal".
Shoko664May 22, 2020 4:07 AM
May 22, 2020 1:11 AM

Jan 2019
I like the fact that supernovaes' powers are never neglected but damn, I wasn't expecting Apoo to make that much damage to Luffy AND Zoro.
Still no Yamato in sight.. This was a cool but short chapter, 4/5
May 22, 2020 1:21 AM

Sep 2017
Really nice now the Apoo haters know he wasn't all talk , I like where this is going and Kid's slap felt good to read . That's also gonna cool down the Zorosexuals that thought he would beat Kaido lol same for Sanji , he definitely won't be against Queen seeing the levels of the supernovas/Tobi-roppos , they'll be plenty enough for him.

Don't misunderstand tho in 1v1 both Luffy or Zoro could beat Apoo , they were just surprised by these invisible attacks that they didn't know and Zoro didn't really look too bothered by the slash same for Luffy he's back on track like 2 pages later.
5/5
yikes
May 22, 2020 2:01 AM
May 2020
Can't believe Luffy ruined the plan because some guys spilled some food. Well, classic Luffy, I guess.

Apoo is annoying af, seeing Kid smash his face was very satisfying.
May 22, 2020 2:12 AM
Sep 2018
Even though Kid smashed Apoo really good, he is not done, I bet that Apoo Vs Kid is going to be a really good fight!
May 22, 2020 2:30 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty sweet to see more of the worst generation. Kid vs Apoo next chapter :)

Is Zoro going to have the same scar like Luffy :0 It's not even a surprise that Zoro and Luffy will mess up the plan lol
May 22, 2020 3:44 AM

Nov 2016

I guess the circumstances are different now and it's not like Zoro acted like a role model during the course of this arc xD

Well, finally we're getting to see Apoo's power in action against someone who doesn't happen to be Kizaru and it's quite the tricky one, good for him because in a open fight he probably wouldn't stand a chance against Luffy or Zoro. The attacks didn't cause lasting damage, but I'm not sure how I like it that Luffy was more or less "down for the count". Sometimes I wish he would just make quick work of everyone except the top dogs. (even tho he does from time to time and Apoo is undoubtedly a force to be reckoned with) In this sense, I can't wait to see Luffy putting his new learned ryou or advanced armament haki to use against a strong character preferably someone thick skinned like Queen :P

Apoo obviously doesn't strike as best suited for this display of power. And he was reserved for Kid anyway, was hoping for this confrontation since Sabaody. Back then he just didn't like his face, but now it's time to teach a backstabber a lesson and to take revenge for his friend Killer. I mean you could say it was Apoo who was the catalyst for these chain of events, especially from Kid's perspective.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 2020 6:03 AM
Oct 2018
Lmao zorro & luffy talking sense after they blew their cover lol
May 22, 2020 8:49 AM
Apr 2011
I feel happy for Lola and it seems twins going to stick together.

Also kid caught by Strawhat's rhythm :D

Have a nice day :D
ManiacreatorMay 22, 2020 9:08 AM
May 22, 2020 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
Good! Kid got a great punch in on Apoo.

May 22, 2020 1:06 PM
Feb 2019
Sometimes I just want Luffy to finish the work early but I guess that this time the circumstances were different and Luffy didn't wanted to fight But still it was kinda disapointing that he got taken out in a hit But man I really hate Apoo (not really hate if u ask me but I want him dead so I guess it is hate ) I mean He literally backstabbed his allies just to be pampered by Kaido .............Kid take that guy down !! Plz ........
Also this Chapter shows how serious this is I mean Zoro didn't got lost .........Can ya believe that ??/
Well overall it was a good chapter 😁

Hope to see a little bit of Law and the others too in the next chapters
Kawai__ImoutoMay 22, 2020 1:12 PM
May 22, 2020 1:34 PM
Oct 2018
Lyuboslav said:
Can't believe Luffy ruined the plan because some guys spilled some food. Well, classic Luffy, I guess.

Apoo is annoying af, seeing Kid smash his face was very satisfying.

hey sir, luffy didn't ruin the plan. the plan was for luffy and kid to cause a distraction so law can sneak in with the scabbards.

so technically the plan is still in motion lmao
May 22, 2020 2:31 PM

Nov 2018
Well done kid. A traitor should never be spared.

May 23, 2020 8:13 AM

Aug 2018
Kid at the end was the best part of this chapter, apoo seems stronger than expected I wonder who will figh him before big fights come to play
May 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
I don't understand why I'm seeing so many people complaining about Zoro and Luffy getting overpowered by Apoo, they literally don't know shit about his abilities so of course he's going to be able to take advantage of that and catch them off guard, without them being able to adequately dodge or counter his attacks. If you were to fight someone who has a gun on them, and you didn't know they had a gun, I'm sure your chances of victory would go down considerably once they pull out their gun and start shooting at you.

Anyway, nice to get a glimpse of Apoo in action after quite some time. Kid getting in a revenge hit was satisfying, but I doubt Apoo will stay down so I hope we get to see them fight a little more.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 24, 2020 3:18 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't believe the fandom is freaking out because Apoo was able to scratch Luffy and Zoro, I mean, it's in the name “Scratchman Apoo”, o-okkey I'll stop.
May 24, 2020 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Something tells me were gonna get a flashback to Apoo's betrayal and that Kid knows how his power works and is gonna mess Apoo up. I'm guessing Apoo's power is is gonna be a bit like sound genjutsu, so sealing the ears should be an adequate defence.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 24, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2019
It is complete bullshit for Apoo to deal that amount of damage to Zorro and Luffy. It should have been a one-sided fight given the respective power levels. Come on Oda, you can do better than that !
May 24, 2020 11:59 AM

May 2019
link9us said:
So i guess its not about who will win, its about what "surprise" does oda have in store for the climax of this arc that could potentially turn the tables. I honestly think at this point luffy is in a serous need of a power up despite the fact that i don't like random ass pulls. He still needs some kind of boost. THIS is just ridiculous. He's going to fight kaido, lmao. yeah right!

I don't think he's going to fight Kaido all by himself. You know what happened with Big Mom in WCI and now she's here too. He + Kidd + Law trio would barely manage to scratch Kaido. So I don't think this will be your usual Luffy vs the enemy kind of fight.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 24, 2020 1:02 PM

Nov 2012
Kayleon said:
It is complete bullshit for Apoo to deal that amount of damage to Zorro and Luffy. It should have been a one-sided fight given the respective power levels. Come on Oda, you can do better than that !

Power levels dont exist in One Piece, and even if they did we barely know anything about Apoo.
May 24, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
nanimeanswhat said:
link9us said:

I don't think he's going to fight Kaido all by himself. You know what happened with Big Mom in WCI and now she's here too. He + Kidd + Law trio would barely manage to scratch Kaido. So I don't think this will be your usual Luffy vs the enemy kind of fight.

That is what i perceive as well. Its more about the numbers and the alliances that luffy has created which will end up turning the tables in some fashion. Much of the monologue and speech regarding the 5th yonko was not really about his abilities, it was more so about how many groups of dangerious pirates and crews he was able to rally to his cause which can evidently cause luffy to be a pretty great force in the one piece world.

But you have to wonder WHEN will oda actually reveal a time in the story where luffy is the top dog pirate king and a commanding force with great power toppling most of the characters in the world and becoming a legend in his own right like many of the yonko before him. I know eventually this will take place in the story at some point but as of now, he is FAR FAR from achieving that level of strength and dominance. I just hope there is not another time skip, that would be a cop out way of oda suddenly providing extreme power boosts to all the characters just so the main character can achieve his goals. I don't want a repeat of naruto, I want the development and growth of these characters to be as natural as can be.

May 24, 2020 4:21 PM
Mar 2020
The real bullshit is that Luffy is not using his ability to see the future. Of course Apoo only looked so good, because he backstabbed Zorro and Luffy with an unknwon ability. But with the advanced kenboshoku and busoshoku, Luffy should be able to low-diff Appo.
May 24, 2020 5:30 PM

Dec 2013
I love how Zoro came in announcing everything lol

Apoo's powers is a lot trickier than I gave it credit for.
May 24, 2020 6:55 PM

Aug 2015
This chapter was complete bullshit.

Luffy will never change, so I don´t expect him to not get triggered by some fodders spilling food. Even if it means not being even able to get close to the big shots in a base where two yonkos are present. Zoro just did the fucking same.
The worst part is Luffy getting almost take out by two attacks from Appoo. Like, what?. I swear to god there are days where Luffy can fight against people like Katakuri or Cracker for an entire day and pull some shit like this. Also, completely forgot that they both have observation Haki, so that´s another thing. And remember, these guy will most likely take Kaido and his All-stars in this same arc.

This only proves that the Mugis have never been prepared since the Sabaody arc. Always rushing like idiots and then running away from the enemy or winning with some plot involved.
May 24, 2020 10:57 PM
Mar 2019
Kayleon said:

Zoro best showing so far was barely beating Killer. Apoo is a Supernova Captain that’s not only fought Kid twice already, but has a devil fruit power that even Kizaru could do nothing about initially. Whatever “power levels” there were, he respected them.

Pakumen- said:

Luffy will never change, so I don´t expect him to not get triggered by some fodders spilling food. Even if it means not being even able to get close to the big shots in a base where two yonkos are present. Zoro just did the fucking same.
The worst part is Luffy getting almost take out by two attacks from Appoo. Like, what?. I swear to god there are days where Luffy can fight against people like Katakuri or Cracker for an entire day and pull some shit like this. Also, completely forgot that they both have observation Haki, so that´s another thing. And remember, these guy will most likely take Kaido and his All-stars in this same arc.

This only proves that the Mugis have never been prepared since the Sabaody arc. Always rushing like idiots and then running away from the enemy or winning with some plot involved.

He was triggered because there were wasting food while people like Tama have to starve, he's never been triggered by people just spilling food before so not sure what "change" you were expecting. And again, Apoo is a SUPERNOVA, one of those in the exact same bracket as Luffy and Zoro (And has been in the New World far longer than they have). Seriously, the fact that many think he's fodder, a glass cannon, will get low-diffed in a 1v1 against either Luffy or Zoro is very telling.

May 25, 2020 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
I'm down for some Kid vs. Apoo action.

Never expected Apoo to get this much shine, let alone deal enough damage for Zoro/Luffy to retreat. Interesting.
May 25, 2020 1:29 PM

Aug 2019
Saurian_X said:
Kayleon said:

Zoro best showing so far was barely beating Killer. Apoo is a Supernova Captain that’s not only fought Kid twice already, but has a devil fruit power that even Kizaru could do nothing about initially. Whatever “power levels” there were, he respected them.

Pakumen- said:

He was triggered because there were wasting food while people like Tama have to starve, he's never been triggered by people just spilling food before so not sure what "change" you were expecting. And again, Apoo is a SUPERNOVA, one of those in the exact same bracket as Luffy and Zoro (And has been in the New World far longer than they have). Seriously, the fact that many think he's fodder, a glass cannon, will get low-diffed in a 1v1 against either Luffy or Zoro is very telling.

True but Luffy and Zorro are Tier-1 in Supernova, just look at their bounties (which has always been an indicator of power except for some persons).
So ofc the so-called 5th yonko and his vice-captain should wreck the hell out of someone who has a bounty of 350M berries and did no serious feats in the New World
Nov 29, 2020 1:16 AM
Mar 2019
Kayleon said:

True but Luffy and Zorro are Tier-1 in Supernova, just look at their bounties (which has always been an indicator of power except for some persons).
So ofc the so-called 5th yonko and his vice-captain should wreck the hell out of someone who has a bounty of 350M berries and did no serious feats in the New World

Late reply but if you're using bounties as your indicator then how is Zoro above Apoo when his bounty is lower? And like I said Zoro's best showing was against Killer who's bounty is lower than Zoro's so bounties aren't all that.
Jan 30, 2021 9:54 AM

May 2020
Apoo's powers seem pretty funky...

Seems like that it was a bit less of the fact that Apoo is super strong, and more that he caught Luffy and Zoro off-guard since those two know nothing about Apoo's powers.
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Nov 16, 2022 12:23 AM

May 2021
The trick here is to figure out how exactly Apoo's powers work. Like in HxH.

Jun 25, 2023 10:49 PM

Dec 2022
when Apoo started busting up Luffy it made me think of that Supa Hot Fire skit where he's like "I'm about to end this man's whole career. Boom. Bam. Bop. Badabop Boomp. Pow.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 60 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

16 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 59 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

14 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 58 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 57 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 56 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

15 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.