Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 11, 2020 9:52 PM

May 2018
lmao this thread is funny because a lot of people here don't have any idea of what bad anime really is.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 11, 2020 11:05 PM

Apr 2016
(Sorry guys, I know that I'm being rude to a lot of people who commented before, but when i see "worst anime ..x.. rated 7/10" i just can't take that comment serious. 7/10 is a pretty big score. I think you guys don't know how to rate anime that you consider "worst" )

Anyway this are my top 10 worst anime

1. High School DxD (dropped 1/10) bad story, cringe characters
2. Shinsekai yori (dropped 1/10) boring af
3. Shinmai Maou no Testament (completed 1/10) complete trash
4. Shokugeki no Souma (dropped 1/10) "foodgasm" wtf?
5. Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (completed 1/10) bad story
6. Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid (completed 1/10) bad character, poor story
7. Bikini Warriors (completed 1/10) 0 story, characters with 0 personality ,most hentai are way better
8. Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai (dropped 1/10) horrible story
9. Poputepipikku (dropped 1/10) cringe jokes
10. Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season (completed 1/10) the worst adaptation ever , a complete joke

Jun 11, 2020 11:16 PM

May 2020
1- Fairy tail the scenario is bad its too repetitive the characters have no goal except Natsu animation is bad, natsu's fire is badly made, there is no death it becomes incoherent, and the ending is a fucking joke acnologia is supposed to be invulnerable to magic but he loses lol

otherwise there is no other anime that I particularly hate (maybe boruto)
HxH, FmaB, Snk perfect shows <3
Jun 12, 2020 12:17 AM

Nov 2018
Mahou Sensou and HxH. These two just irritate me.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jun 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Jun 2019
joshua10red said:
(Sorry guys, I know that I'm being rude to a lot of people who commented before, but when i see "worst anime ..x.. rated 7/10"

As said before numerous times in this thread, some folks, myself among them, just have a discerning enough eye not to watch most stuff they know is going to be junk they'll dislike in the first place. If you research in advance and curate your selection to be choosy about what you watch, then it's quite possible. The anime I would rate worst and be tempted to or actually give 1s, 2s, or 3s are the ones I mostly avoid watching to begin with.
Jun 12, 2020 4:15 AM

Oct 2019
1. neon genesis evangelion - this will probably get me virtually punched lol im sorry. i found the first half generic and boring with characters who were either pointless and unlikable (ritsuko, rei) or the most annoying thing ive ever seen on television (asuka). for me, the second half devolved very rapidly into incoherent, fake-deep mind mush and i very quickly grew to resent everything about the anime. it almost felt insulting. it felt very preach-y and self-indulgent. there are redeeming qualities tho: shinji's development was half-decent, i loved misato and the animation was amazing

2. neon genesis evangelion: the end of evangelion - everything i hated about nge but dialled up to the max. shinji's character annoyed me to no ends, and the scene with rei/kaworu scarred my eyes

3. kiss him not me - every character except for mutsumi has a terrible personality and i dislike every single one of them, the MC most of all. some jokes were funny, but the rest felt like an insult to my sense of humour, if that makes sense. the ending was absolute BS

4. mekakucity actors - this one had a ton of potential and i found the cast very interesting, i just felt that the plot and concept was way too ambitious for 12 episodes and the execution was poorly done. that scene with seto and mary haunts me to this day.

5. hello world - i actually watched this in the cinema with my friends and we laughed so hard at the absolute bullfuckery that was happening on screen. to this day we still cannot take that movie seriously. IMO it was just poorly directed with a badly planned out script, which is a shame because i loved the animation

6. noragami (dropped) - im sorry, i dropped this like 6 episodes in? because i felt like the plot wasn't going anywhere and it was a waste of my time. i felt that the cast of characters were interesting tho, and i might pick it up again bc i heard good things about yukine's development

7. trickster - i feel bad about this because there were some parts i actually enjoyed, i just felt that there were too many problems with the plot to save it. they tried to focus too much on the plot whereas i felt that its two main leads were the saving points of this anime and they should've focused on their development instead. i hated akechi's character too.

8. cowboy bebop - again, i might get punched. i also feel bad for putting this here because i actually enjoyed the execution, animation, soundtrack, voice acting, and to some extent the characters. i just felt that the plot was very dull, and the characters could've been fleshed out more. i mainly stuck around for edward and the dog, but that ending just :/ it ended up being a chore to watch, and that feeling is the main thing that killed it for me, unfortunately.

9. ensemble stars - what the fuck was this anime? i still can't quite comprehend it. not that much of an opinion on it, tho

10. i can't really think of a 10th one rip
how tf r yall making such nice signatures
Jun 12, 2020 5:31 AM
Aug 2016
@295
for isekai ,watch shows like Tate no Yuusha ,Tensei shitara no Slime,Overlord,
Youjo Senki,Re:Zero,these names are the most trending in isekai category.
IDK if you watched other seasons of BNHA than season 1,you 'd probably need to complete other seasons
you can see my list to judge my taste,also it 'll jusitfy my answer to you about these shows
plastic memories was predictable but the characters were interesting,also the music and the art style
Jun 12, 2020 6:12 AM

Nov 2016
One Piece, HxH, Cowboy Bebop, some people are either blissfullyignorantlucky, are smart enough to stay away from the really bad stuff or just like to be edgy.

It's kinda hard to come up with a top worst anime list when you've dropped most of them or didn't even care about them to begin with, but here we go top 10 disregarding short OVA's and the likes, but in the end I felt like adding some dropped ones.

Clockwork Planet
Dynamic Chord
Try Knights
Devils Line
Isekai Smartphone
Cheat Magician
RErideD
Dies Irae
Dances with the Dragons
Divine Gate

These were all either extremely bland, not memorable or they fucked up so badly that I was really at a loss as to what's supposed to be the appeal.

Honorable mention to Chargeman Ken!, a mindblowingly hilarious clusterfuck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2020 6:37 AM

Mar 2020
Skelter+Heaven
Tsui no Sora
Mars or Destruction
SAO II
All 3 "Boku no Pico" OVAs
Wonder Momo (its actually decent if you turn your brain off i guess)
Shounen Maid Kuuro Kun
Pupa
Agitated Screams of Maggots
Kiss x Sis
SAO
Mirai Nikki
Devilman Crybaby
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Jun 12, 2020 6:43 AM

May 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
joshua10red said:
(Sorry guys, I know that I'm being rude to a lot of people who commented before, but when i see "worst anime ..x.. rated 7/10"

As said before numerous times in this thread, some folks, myself among them, just have a discerning enough eye not to watch most stuff they know is going to be junk they'll dislike in the first place. If you research in advance and curate your selection to be choosy about what you watch, then it's quite possible. The anime I would rate worst and be tempted to or actually give 1s, 2s, or 3s are the ones I mostly avoid watching to begin with.

In that case you should change your rating system to be honest. Just some advice to make things easier for you and the community (if you care about this ofc). For example, if you avoid things that you think would deserve a proper 1-3 score, then rate the things you actually dislike with 1-4, things you have mixed feelings about with a 5, and things you like with 6-10. Isn't so much easier like that? Because it doesn't make much sense to say a 5-7 is the worst, in my book they are pretty much above average to good. But that's up to you anyway.

As for me, my worst would be:

Dimension High School (1/10); this anime is a complete joke lmao, probably this is the worst thing I've ever seen so far.

Grimms Notes The Animation (1/10); winter 2019 was a painful season, the majority of the really bad shows I watched are from this season.

Berserk 2016 (1/10); I wonder how can an anime receive the best adaptation (1997) and the worst thing of the entire history of animanga (2016) lol.

Glasslip (1/10); damn, I really don't know why this exist.

Egao no Daika (2/10); at first it looked like it would be something bad but fun to watch, turns out is complete shit, it's full of inconsistencies and despite having some interesting concepts to work with, it shits on all of them.

Pupa (1/10); well, this is a shame, really. It's sad when you laugh at how ridiculous an anime can be, specially when it's horror or drama.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (1/10); the anime is boring all the away through and it's probably the worst characterization I've ever seen, is distressing.

Domestic na Kanojo (1/10); that's a very bad mexican soap opera.

The Moment You Fall in Love (2/10); this is what happens when you make a love story about annoying teen characters you despise with drama you don't care about.

Angel Beats (2/10); at first it seemed something that I could watch, it was okay, but then things start to change too fast, with too much melodrama, bad jokes, nonsensical script, etc, without letting you actually care about what's going on. It's bad, very bad.

Jun 12, 2020 6:55 AM

Sep 2014
GuiMR said:
lmao this thread is funny because a lot of people here don't have any idea of what bad anime really is.

Looks like something an elitist would say.
Jun 12, 2020 6:55 AM
Aug 2016
@Aragusuku

i saw your list,i knew right away that your 're a naruto fan,but i saw your score for it and i was surprised
it 's ok to adore seinen shows like i really enjoy seinen too,but is it normal to hate the most popular shounen shows like(One Piece,DB,Fairy Tail,Black Clover,soul Eater)?
especially you couldn't stand to complete the 1st ep of black clover as you mentioned,if you don't like shounen then don't stick to it ,it 's simple
btw you can insult the way the show is proceeding, the art style or even lack of details,there are many things to be criticized but the admission of true hatred without definite reasons is just a lame excuse (no offence)
it 's wrong to even put Seikon no Qwaser (haven't watched it )in the same list with one piece, just How Come?
Jun 12, 2020 6:59 AM
Aug 2016
Hrybami said:
GuiMR said:

an elitist that can't make a right judge
Jun 12, 2020 7:16 AM
Aug 2016
Syureria said:
1. Boku no Pico
2. Boku no pico
3. Boku no pico
4. Boku no pico
5. Boku no pico
6. Citrus
7. Netsuzou trap
8. Yagate kimi
9. Yuri on ice
10. Isozuku reviewers

I don't like anime that has too many ecchi elements.

sorry for intrusion but i see your list and you recently watched H.....,So can you demonstrate how H.... element doesn't affect the story ????
i saw your list to judge on your taste based on your comment but i was confused so can you express the contradiction bet (excessive ecchi and H.....)?
Jun 12, 2020 7:17 AM
Apr 2020
1. Ero-Manga Sensei (gross anime about incest with zero story but fanservice)

2. Deadman Wonderland (trash and boring, 12 episode of boreness)

3. Boruto (worst anime ever)

4. Citrus (i really love girl x girl but this one too much over-dramatic scene)

5. SSSS Gridman (trash, i watched this just for Rikka thiccness tight lol)
Jun 12, 2020 7:30 AM

May 2018
ace_san said:
Hrybami said:

Nah, someone who thinks HxH is the worst and give it a 2/10, while Glasslip a 7/10, probably can't make a right judge lmao.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jun 12, 2020 7:42 AM
Apr 2014
Rather than being one of the worst, I think Arifureta is the best allegory for a trash can. Think about it, you have this trash protagonist who gets dumped into a world full of trash. The story allows us to see different kinds of trash and understand what makes the trash protagonist worthy of being trash and what being trash truly means. It is a masterpiece.
Jun 12, 2020 8:02 AM

Mar 2016
SinOfSlothKing said:
1. Fairy Tail(1/10)
2.Guilty Crown(1/10)
3. Kaze No Stigma(2/10)
4. Shield Hero (2/10)
5. Zetsuen No Tempest. I dont remember much about this other than it being shit that made no sense.(2/10)
6. Medaka box (3/10) Nisioisin cant write for shit.
7. Elfen Lied(3/10).
8. Ao No Exorcist(3/10) One of the most boring Shounen out there
9.My Boku No Piko Akademia(3/10) One of the worse shounen out there
10.Fate/Zero(3/10)
11.Fate Stay Kitchen(3/10)
12.Psycho Pass 2(3/10)
13. Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki(3/10)
14.Naruto The Last.(3/10)
15. Cowboy Beebop(3/10) Utter Garbage made for br41nd3ad americans who like shit like The Godfather ,Reservoir Dogs and Bacano. Empty shows with no substance, just "fake cool"

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but I'm really curious to know why you find The Godfather to be empty with no substance
Jun 12, 2020 8:05 AM

Oct 2017
ace_san said:
@Eladriel you hold huge grudge against (Eichiro Oda) One Piece Creator
,like you can say that you hate it however i think this a misconception for the idea of the shows

idk what you are trying to say but my hatred for OP is very real

Jun 12, 2020 8:15 AM

Dec 2010
The 10 titles with worst scores in my list and short personal comments next to (most of) them. It isn't something I've given much thought to, just the natural result of my engagement with anime and this website over the years.
10. Death Billiards - "Meh, it wasn't THAT great. It was nice, maybe even good."
9. Log Horizon
8. Gokukoku no Brynhildr - "Such a disappointment post-episode 4. At least Nanami was good."
7. Akame ga Kill! - "Pretty much everything about this title is bland and it\'s overrated for all purposes - even if you like it BECAUSE PEOPLE DIE IN IT, their deaths were mostly played in a bad/pointless manner, to the point I couldn't even get mad about them."
6. Bungou Stray Dogs
5. Ged Senki - "Nothing really impressive about this one."
4. No Game No Life - "Pretty uninteresting for now, wonder if it'll pick up to it's' hype. edit: No."
3. Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Hikari no Pyramid - "My first MAL anime record with a score of 1!"
2. Little Witch Academia - "Nothing special. Definitely overrated."
1. K: Return of Kings - "Most disappointing sequel in my life."
Jun 12, 2020 8:25 AM
Mar 2018
From worst to best

1) Bikini Warriors (2/10) - This was laughably bad
2) Fate Zero S2 (3/10) - Left a bad taste, hugely disappointed. Rider was awesome tho (Someone please mention me if they hated fate zero and loved ubw)
3) Bunny Girl Senpai (4/10) - The pseudoscience destroyed the anime for me
4) Ame - iro Cocoa (5/10) - It's just average
6) Senyuu(5/10) - It's just average
7) Teekyuu (5/10) - It's just average
8) Doraemon Movie 29: Shin Nobita no Uchuu Kaitakushi (5/10) - One of the worst doraemon movies imo
9) Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken(6/10) - Well I thought it could have been better , anyways I think s2's gonna be good
10) Sora yori mo Tooi Basho(6/10) - Lack of male mc, lots of crying

Best shounen One Piece tho
ccbestgirl1411Jun 12, 2020 8:35 AM
Jun 12, 2020 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
IHateKpop said:
Eladriel said:
1.one piece
2.one piece
3.one piece
4.one piece
5.Aldnoah.zero
6.one piece
7.one piece
8.one piece
9.one piece
10.one piece

Hey man that's uncalled for take it back

You're right..
1.one piece
2.one piece
3.one piece
4.one piece
5.one piece
6.one piece
7.one piece
8.one piece
9.one piece
10.one piece
Jun 12, 2020 8:44 AM

Jan 2020
Kaasfondue said:
I despise everything in the MAL top 100 anime cause I'm not a fucking pleb

That is such a wrong way of thinking. Yes, popularity definitely doesn't equal to decency but popular shows can be very decent too. So I think you should definitely change your mindset.

And also, being a pleb isn't a bad thing.
Jun 12, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2020
Hrybami said:
There are two kind of worst anime to me. The ones with terrible production value and the ones I found disgustingly unpleasant. It is hard to mesh these two categories into one and making it a top. However I can give some anime for both categories on top of my head.

For the anime with the worst production value (excluding OVA)

1. Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai is simply unfinished. Not only the animation and art are horrible, there are also a lot of false connection between some scenes. Character's cloth colour or background element changing or disappearing. This anime is a mess.

2. Inferno Cop is apparently intentionally bad for comedic purposes. It looks like it was made by someone who tries to do animation despite sucking hard on it and to story doesn't make any sense. To be honest, I didn't find it funny at all. It was such a waste of time.

3. Rewrite is a mess of a story. They tried to adapt more than 40 hours of story gameplay into a 13 episodes anime. Trying to include the main route + the 5 routes into a single cours. The result was abysmal. Not only the story didn't make any sense already, they also added an original route which just made things even worse.

For the anime that insulted my intelligence

1. Death Parade (dropped) was horribly stupid. The more I watched the episode, the more my hand sank into my face. The reasons why the characters die, their acting like if everything is alright, the stupid motive to make the characters play a game and the idiotic judgment like if the 15 minutes before the characters death was the only thing that matters if they deserve to see the afterlife or not. Everything is so retarded in this anime I cannot fathom how bad this anime truly is.

2. No game no Life doesn't make any sense and I cannot understand why SAO is more hated than this anime. On one hand, NGNL is an incestuous isekai with a lot of fanservice. On the other hand, NGNL is an anime about playing games the wrong way. This anime is trash, the MC is said to be intelligent, but I'm pretty sure this guy is doing absolutely whatever thing without thinking and he ends up winning by stupid reasons that makes no sense.

3. Hunter x Hunter 2011 or more precisely the chimera ant arc is one of the worst experience I had in my entire anime history. I had a lot of complaint about this arc, but to put it briefly and without spoiler, I firstly have to say that I hate unnecessary narrator in anime with a burning passion. Too much narration isn't helpful, this is just painfully annoying and I feel like they think I'm an idiot, but since I know it's a shounen, I bared with it. The most disappointing thing about this arc is that it presented some interesting idea included in the themes, but everything was wasted upon overdone character development. Don't get me wrong, character development is important in anime, but at some point it's really too much. When we spend more than a dozen episodes on a kid such as Gon who's just enraged over one single event that was never properly introduced in the anime. It feels like the time was wasted and dragged. Moreover that everything about his characters was concluded by the most anticlimactic way possible because they resorted to an absolute asspull for the finale. Everything about this arc was pointless, it felt like a very bad filler. Also the main antagonist of this arc is the most generic shounen villain I've ever seen.

Oh boy, I absolutely disagree with you on Death Parade & No Game No Life
Jun 12, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
ace_san said:
@Aragusuku

i saw your list,i knew right away that your 're a naruto fan,but i saw your score for it and i was surprised
it 's ok to adore seinen shows like i really enjoy seinen too,but is it normal to hate the most popular shounen shows like(One Piece,DB,Fairy Tail,Black Clover,soul Eater)?
especially you couldn't stand to complete the 1st ep of black clover as you mentioned,if you don't like shounen then don't stick to it ,it 's simple
btw you can insult the way the show is proceeding, the art style or even lack of details,there are many things to be criticized but the admission of true hatred without definite reasons is just a lame excuse (no offence)
it 's wrong to even put Seikon no Qwaser (haven't watched it )in the same list with one piece, just How Come?

I'm definitely not a Naruto fan, though I don't really dislike it. I gave it 7 because of how much I enjoyed it as a kid.

I don't like a specific genre, I mean, I don't like Seinen by itself. I like animes that have an impact on me, that are more than just a story. That, besides being ficctional or fanciful, do have realistic relations and problems or, at least, carry a message for us trapped in real life. That said, I despise these fucking bad anime with 100's and 100's of episodes, nothing interesting to learn, no one dies and nothing happens. The worst part of it is that a lot of people like it, that's why shows shouldn't be judged by how many people like them. They're an offence to intelligence, the fact they have such a legion of fans is an offence to Beauty

Seikon no Quaser and One Piece both belong in the trash. But this doesn't matter, does it? People will continue to like what they like and I'll continue to like what I like.
Jun 12, 2020 9:44 AM

Aug 2016
GuiMR said:
ace_san said:

Nah, someone who thinks HxH is the worst and give it a 2/10, while Glasslip a 7/10, probably can't make a right judge lmao.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey man. At least after years of spamming about hunter x hunter. He finally mustered an explanation, as stupid as it was.

Boiled down to - I don't like the narrator and "asspull" for the chimera ant arc. It's pretty funny to me. This kid complains about the narrator explaining things and insulting his intelligence, and in the same breath calls established mechanics in the series an "asspull". It seems he needed the narrator more than anyone. Probably needed one in the YorkNew arc where the concept was highlighted. Only asspull in the show is after the chimera ant arc.
I guess I can stop referring to him as a gimmick troll. The writing just went over his head. Not his fault.
Jun 12, 2020 12:16 PM

Jun 2019
GuiMR said:
In that case you should change your rating system to be honest. Just some advice to make things easier for you and the community (if you care about this ofc). For example, if you avoid things that you think would deserve a proper 1-3 score, then rate the things you actually dislike with 1-4, things you have mixed feelings about with a 5, and things you like with 6-10. Isn't so much easier like that? Because it doesn't make much sense to say a 5-7 is the worst, in my book they are pretty much above average to good. But that's up to you anyway.

I disagree and am not going to do that because those lower ratings have a much more negative connotation in my mind which I don't believe even the series I have watched and not been enamored with actually deserve. There is no contradiction in saying something of a 5 - 7 rating is the worst because it's the worst of what you've/I've watched. There may well be plenty of anime out there I would consider 1 - 4 ratings-wise, but I'm not watching them in the first place. And the ones I have watched which are not my favorite I definitely believe still deserve a decent rating and acknowledgment for some factors like plot or character writing, animation, direction, music, etc. I basically don't share the view that just because something isn't personally to my taste or interests then I should rate it with what I consider an insulting or horrible rating and not acknowledge its many merits. I don't rate purely on my personal enjoyment and significance to me alone; it's only one factor - the most decisive factor, but still just a factor. I'm not going to ignore other areas I thought the anime was of sufficient or even impressive quality in just because the story and final product didn't come together in a way for me to be personally what I wanted. I strive to take all criteria into account as much as possible.

This isn't just with anime though. I've watched many cartoons and live TV series and films before getting into anime, and I have essentially never agreed with the mentality of giving things ratings which I consider to be super low bottom of the barrel gutter-tier. There is a vast amount of content out there, so much so that even someone with ample free time available cannot dream of watching it all. The stuff which looks blatantly cheap and dumb from the surface can be avoided outright. The things I have chosen to dedicate my time to watch usually are not deserving of such a lowly appraisal. Very rarely something will be deceiving and present itself as worthwhile while being hollow and nothing inside and deserve a scornful abysmal rating as a response to presenting itself as something it's not, but I'm someone who is able to see the merit in even things which I personally don't enjoy and every story has something of worth which is of value and meaning to someone. So it's against my beliefs and outlook to give a garbage rating to something with high quality writing/acting/music/visual art/etc. just because it isn't what I'm looking for. That to me is quite petty and I've never been a fan of the mindset behind rating that way.
WatchTillTandavaJun 12, 2020 12:24 PM
Jun 12, 2020 12:30 PM

Mar 2018
Well so far summer war's tokyo ghoul re s2 and i think no game no life was also bad anime i actually didn't watched it full just 5 eps and bam it really sucked xD
Jun 12, 2020 12:45 PM
Nov 2018
I only have one.

FLCL: The first or second minutes looked incredibly promising, the rest i don't even know what words to use to describe.
Jun 12, 2020 12:52 PM

May 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
GuiMR said:

I disagree and am not going to do that because those lower ratings have a much more negative connotation in my mind which I don't believe even the series I have watched and not been enamored with actually deserve. There is no contradiction in saying something of a 5 - 7 rating is the worst because it's the worst of what you've/I've watched. There may well be plenty of anime out there I would consider 1 - 4 ratings-wise, but I'm not watching them in the first place. And the ones I have watched which are not my favorite I definitely believe still deserve a decent rating and acknowledgment for some factors like plot or character writing, animation, direction, music, etc. I basically don't share the view that just because something isn't personally to my taste or interests then I should rate it with what I consider an insulting or horrible rating and not acknowledge its many merits. I don't rate purely on my personal enjoyment and significance to me alone; it's only one factor - the most decisive factor, but still just a factor. I'm not going to ignore other areas I thought the anime was of sufficient or even impressive quality in just because the story and final product didn't come together in a way for me to be personally what I wanted. I strive to take all criteria into account as much as possible.

This isn't just with anime though. I've watched many cartoons and live TV series and films before getting into anime, and I have essentially never agreed with the mentality of giving things ratings which I consider to be super low bottom of the barrel gutter-tier. There is a vast amount of content out there, so much so that even someone with ample free time available cannot dream of watching it all. The stuff which looks blatantly cheap and dumb from the surface can be avoided outright. The things I have chosen to dedicate my time to watch usually are not deserving of such a lowly appraisal. Very rarely something will be deceiving and present itself as worthwhile while being hollow and nothing inside and deserve a scornful abysmal rating as a response to presenting itself as something it's not, but I'm someone who is able to see the merit in even things which I personally don't enjoy and every story has something of worth which is of value and meaning to someone. So it's against my beliefs and outlook to give a garbage rating to something with high quality writing/acting/music/visual art/etc. just because it isn't what I'm looking for. That to me is quite petty and I've never been a fan of the mindset behind rating that way.

I see, that's a fair point, it's your take after all. Tho it doesn't seem like a trustworthy criteria to me; if you assume everything has its own merits, then I'd say nothing really does. Honestly, I'd even consider not rating at all. Because if you use the rating system, it makes sense to use it applying standards the anime has to achieve in order to receive a proper and fair score. It's just like a discursive test; you have a question and an answer, and the answer has to be elaborated in a way to resolve the question, but at the same time is not only right or wrong, because you have a wide variety of rightness between, let's say, 0 and 100%. That being said, is perfectly normal and common to not score 100%, you have to really dedicate yourself to answer everything accordingly. If you're sloppy and don't study enough, probably you'll score something between a 20~50%, so the 2-5 scale might as well be the most common on average. If you manage to get a score between 60-100%, I'd say it's pretty good, and good things need to be distinct from the bad things so you can recognize them clearly and judge fairly. Well, that's just my opinion anyway. By the end of the day, you're free to choose.

Jun 12, 2020 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Alphabetical order for laziness. Each of these made me very angry for some reason or another.

1. Babylon
2. Devilman: Crybaby
3. Dr. Stone
4. Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai
5. Pet
Jun 12, 2020 3:19 PM

Jun 2016
choosing 10 out of my 500 1/10s is hard
Jun 12, 2020 3:24 PM

Nov 2015
Seeing those comments about Black Clover and at the same time mentioning that they couldn't finish episode 1 gives me an idea about this site's average user's iq
Jun 12, 2020 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
Appleseed
Be-Boy Kidnapp'n Idol
Berserk 2016
Dragon Ball GT
Goshogun
Hashire Melos 1981
Sword Art Online
Tomb Of Dracula 1980
Twinkle Nora Rock Me!
Yu Gi Oh!

And many others like Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul...
Jun 12, 2020 4:44 PM
Aug 2018
I don't have a top 10 but King's Game was the worst most cringiest anime I've ever seen
Jun 12, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2016
wow, well.

10. Millenium actress
9. Fate Zero
8. FLCL
7. Night is short, walk on girl
6. Touken Ranbu
5. Wave, Listen to Me!
4. Great Pretender
3. 5 Centimeters Per Second
2. Kyousou Giga
1. Inferno cop (to hell with this abomination)
:v
Jun 12, 2020 5:06 PM

Aug 2017
10.One Piece: Mezase! Kaizoku Yakyuu Ou (3) - wtf is this dub?
9.Macross XX (3) - this has nothing todo with Macross
8.Aneki no Kounai Kaikinbi (3) - slave sister hentai
7.Mesu Nochi Torare (3) - netorare hentai
6.Kuro no Kyoushitsu (3) - rape hentai
5.Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko (2) - pointless narrative
4.Pucca (ONA) (2) - i feel like i wated my life time watching this
3.Kedamono-tachi no Sumu Ie de (2) - worst hentai ever
2.Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Kiseki no Birthday Omake Flash (1) - why this exist?
1.Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls (1) - the worst thing i have ever try to watch
Jun 12, 2020 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
1.- Listeners
2.- Taboo Tattoo
3.- Fairy Gone
4.- RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida
5.- Kuma Miko
6.- Mekakucity Actors
*7.- Death Parade
8.- Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil
*9.- No Game No Life
**10.- Charlotte - Dr. Stone - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

*Original position OF Regalia:The Three Sacred Stars and Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru but remember how much i hate DP and NGNL.....
**close tie i can choose one
arrazolavguilleJun 12, 2020 5:20 PM
Jun 12, 2020 5:12 PM

May 2019
shobb said:
In no particular order:
Clannad s1: cringe, boring and stretched out

Kenja no mago: cliche af and shallow plot

Kiss him, not me: mc going back and forth with no particular plot and a bad ending that proves a waste of time for watchingthe show.

Hyouka: ok good animation but wtf is with the annoying and repetitive quotes. Plus, theres no actual romance.

Time of eve: no plot whatsoever

Paprika: wtf was going on

Suzumiya haruhi: some deep bs about time travel and shallow relationships

Fairy tail: do i even need to explain?

Working!!: Boring and basic ass characters that i don't know how ended up there. Doesn't deserve a comedy tag

Tsuki ga kirei: took 20 episodes just for mc to hold his crush's hand. Epic choice for virgins. Annoyingly slow paced.

wait what ?
i still did not finish Tsuki ga kirei but its only have 12 episode
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jun 12, 2020 8:58 PM

Nov 2015
i chose to not include movies and/or series I dropped.

1: Air 3/10 (honestly I don't remember much from this, only that the story was weird and I didn't enjoy it.)
2: Yuru yuri 3/10 (i really wanted to like the humor, I found one character really cute but others really got on my nerves)
3: Nisekoi 3/10 (the fact that it's really cliché and predictable ruined it. I hate it)
4: SAO II 3/10 (don't remember what happens in this one, it was boring and have no intention of rewatching it)
5: Kakegurui 3/10 (I liked some moments of it, but I found that the fanservice got on my nerve. I should have dropped it)
6: School days 4/10 (I LOVE THIS ONE, it's trash but good trash)
7: HSOTD 4/10 (how did that score so high? I've watched this more than 10 years ago so maybe I liked trash like that. who knows)
8: Himouto umaru-chan 4/10 (it has great moments when it's not about Umaru. The other girl is interesting and that's about it...**** Umaru)
9: Konosuba 4/10 (people won't like me for this, but it's just not my type of humor. I don't hate it. I kind of like the SM girl.)
10: Chobits 5/10 (it got weird in the second half. ngl i didn't understand some of it.)
MykasanJun 12, 2020 9:01 PM
Jun 12, 2020 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
I have lots of 3/10s on my list so those last two spots could have been for any series actually: Hanebado!; Kanata no Astra; The Rising of the Shield Hero; Fire Force, etc.
Anyways, I will try to make this as concise as I can. Only series (and one movie) included:

-Kyochuu Rettou Movie (1/10) - Giant (and horny?) CGI insects attacking/molesting/raping one-dimensional characters for nearly 80 minutes. Do I need to say more?

-Elfen Lied (2/10) - Promising premise turned into a gore-fest filled with nonsense and a more than hilarious romantic sub-plot.

-Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (2/10) - Of the worst executions of drama and comedy I have seen in a while. These two aspects never blended well here and the idea of using slapstick comedy with a character who has a trauma regarding physical and psychological abuse was... stupid to say the least.
Also,

-Mahou Shoujo Site (2/10) - Probably my fist "edgy" show. Tons of unjustified violence, a cast full of psychos (mostly of them being badly written psychos, obviously) and our protagonist receiving the hilarious equivalent of a whole life of bullying in the span of the first 24 minutes of the show. Including almost being raped by a senpai because if two other female classmates ask you to sexually assault the most depressed and suicidal girl in your school, of course you just do it ¯\(°_o)/¯

-DanMachi 2nd Season (2/10) - Awful harem comedy and more than lame fanservice. Not to mention that I particularly hated how Haruhime's character was used.

-Azur Lane (2/10) - I mean, I didn't expect anything from this show and still, it managed to disappoint me with its messy narrative, forced drama regarding friendship and terribly bland cast led by an awful MC.

-Darwin's Game (2/10) - First couple of episodes were a funny mess but the show totally lost me once its story tried to become deep just to return to your average edgy narrative with bland characters and over-the-top villains.

-O Maidens in Your Savage Season (2/10) - Mari Okada always surprise me with how melodramatic her writings can be. The love triangle plot-line was awful and infuriating to watch week by week, the idea of having only 12 episodes to develop the romantic stories of 5 main character was terrible since most of them didn't receive proper closure and please, don't make me start with the issue regarding the pedophile...

-Clannad: After Story (3/10) - First 8 episodes were atrocious and the resolution of the story was so cheap and forced (the fantastic elements should have been better explained in my opinion) I wouldn't blame those people who felt robbed after knowing that those "difficult" experiences Tomoya had to go through were mostly pointless.

-Citrus (3/10) - Lots of cheap melodrama featuring a girl who is unrealistically naive and another one who thinks that showing affection via molestation is the only way to go. Not to mention that the anime is basically three arcs repeating the same boring love triangle formula but with a new girl for Yuzu or Mei each time.
Jun 13, 2020 1:44 AM

Jul 2019
1. Boruto- This whole show is just a disaster. I know it's Naruto's next generation but this is an insult to the last 20 years of the Naruto franchise. From the dumb fillers, horrible art and animation, and unlikable characters, this is just plain horrible. I would've been happier if Naruto just ended with Shippuden.

2. Nichijou- Praised as maybe the funniest anime of all time, the comedy was just boring to me. From the exaggerated scenes to the unfunny gags, this was just not my anime.

3. Itou Junji: Collection- I'm a fan of Junji Itou's work but they did him so dirty with this adaption. The horrible art just did not help at all and it is just an insult to his manga.

4. Watamoe- I don't know how y'all found this funny, this was the cringest anime I have ever watched. I literally felt so bad for her every episode and did not laugh even once. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea.

5. Chobits- I liked this at first. But in the second half of the show, they ruined it. Pointless with the romance that led to nowhere and SPOILERS The show was basically saying "don't fall in love with persocoms" but he literally ends up with Chi. Pointless and dumbest shit I've ever seen.

6. Bloom into You- This anime gets a lot of positive reactions but I just hated it. It was basically "I can fall in love with you and perform sexual things on you but don't fall in love with me because I have mental issues." Not my cup of tea.

7. School Days- I just didn't like it.

8. Deadland Wonderland- One of the worst MCs I've ever seen and the story was just boring. I gave this three tries but every time I picked it up, I dropped it again. Dont try to justify it by saying it keeps better later, a show doesn't need to be bad in the beginning in order for it to perform better in the second half.

9. Ousama Game- I dropped it but I just didn't like it at all. One of the scenes just turned me off so much that I didn't want to continue it.

10. Another- There was nothing good about this anime. The only reason why people like it is because of the gore and edgy scenes. None of the characters are memorable at all and the story was just flat out dumb. Perhaps not my cup of tea
Jun 13, 2020 2:41 AM

Dec 2019
Haven’t watched too many anime cause I’m new but I’d have to say Tokyo ghoul as of right now. It was bad but not really too bad. It was just boring af.
Double cup full of purrp, you can see me leanin.
Jun 13, 2020 2:50 AM

Sep 2015
Accel World
I have a review about it, that has basically everything I hate about it.

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
This is the absolute worst of its kind. I don't know if it's even possible to unintentionally make a worse one.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
It's wery similar to the previous one, but with an even worse main character, good animation, but eye cancer color palette.

Fate/Apocrypha
Up until this point I liked the Fate franchise, but this one just killed it for me. I'm no longer interested in any new entry.

11eyes
I took personal offence from this one.
Jun 13, 2020 6:50 AM
Jul 2019
Askaa said:
shobb said:
In no particular order:
Clannad s1: cringe, boring and stretched out

Kenja no mago: cliche af and shallow plot

Kiss him, not me: mc going back and forth with no particular plot and a bad ending that proves a waste of time for watchingthe show.

Hyouka: ok good animation but wtf is with the annoying and repetitive quotes. Plus, theres no actual romance.

Time of eve: no plot whatsoever

Paprika: wtf was going on

Suzumiya haruhi: some deep bs about time travel and shallow relationships

Fairy tail: do i even need to explain?

Working!!: Boring and basic ass characters that i don't know how ended up there. Doesn't deserve a comedy tag

Tsuki ga kirei: took 20 episodes just for mc to hold his crush's hand. Epic choice for virgins. Annoyingly slow paced.

wait what ?
i still did not finish Tsuki ga kirei but its only have 12 episode

I was being sarcastic lol. What I meant was they take things so slowly its really annoying. They just look at each other and start blushing every goddamn episode. Middle school romance isnt where its at I'm telling you.
Jun 13, 2020 7:51 AM

May 2020
Bungo Stray Dogs - Felt like a dumbed-down version of Blood Blockade Battlefront. Too many WTF nonsensical action scenes. A particular scene on an exploding ship sealed the deal for me - too stupid. Studio Bones talents going to waste here.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - Extremely stupid. Beautifully animated though, which is a shame all that effort went to making something so DUMB.

The Twelve Kingdoms - I actually got twelve(!) episodes in. It did seem like a decent fantasy anime that unfortunately likes to waste your time constantly explaining why everything has a dumb name.. that sounds similar to the dumb name of the last thing they wasted time explaining.

Fate Stay/Night UBW - Felt like watching a soap opera. Slow. Stupid. Nonsense. "We're enemies and I must kill you... but instead I'm going to save you! But we're still enemies and I'm gonna kill you.. someday!" Another anime where beautiful animation went to waste.

Ninja Nonsense - Exactly that - nonsense and not funny in the least.
Jun 13, 2020 8:16 AM

Jan 2016
Some of these other top ten worst list are low key trash,there is so much trashier anime out there.and some people haven't even finished the anime on their lists.

Here are my completed anime that I had the worst experiences and rated low scores
1.Master of Martial Hearts(the absolute worst anime I have ever seen, I believe the creator of this anime likes for people to suffer)

2.Mayioga(awful characters, awful pacing, and a story that turns into nonsense, probably the worst anime of the 2010s

3.Shouji Tsubaki(gorey for the sake of gore, overall it's painful to get through

4.Alderman in the Sky(Terrible characters, a messy boring story, and the character designs are trash)

5.7 Seeds season 1(this story was made by a child)

6.Tokyo Ghoul Root A(probably the worst way to do a sequel anime)

7 classroom of the elite(this anime has the worst main character I have seen in an anime, also it's pretentious as hell, and the other characters don't get developed)

8.Kings Game the animation(just vapid and cringe, it's five hours of people crying and exploding into barbecue sauce.)

9.Angels of Death(terrible characters,with a story that is just baffling)

10.Afterlost("Clusterfuck the anime" I think that anyone who watches this anime from start to finish should receive a medal or something, because it was one of the hardest for me to get through.)
VivavideoUser2xJun 13, 2020 8:19 AM

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jun 13, 2020 8:21 AM

Sep 2019
I'll just look at my list and list the ones that are lowest rated:
1. Another (this is the worst one, rest aren't in any particular order)
2. Fairy Tail
3. Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!
4. Domestic na Kanojo
5. Himegoto
6. Isekai Cheat Magician
7. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
8. Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
9. Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?
10. Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!
Jun 13, 2020 8:23 AM

Jan 2016
NO_U_ETC said:
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion.
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth.
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion. - Even worse than Ghost in the Shell. It's literally THAT bad. These 3 are a tie for first place. Zero stars!
4. Ghost in the Shell. -Can you say most boring show ever made, ever?
5. Fate/stay night. -I hate Emiya Shirou so much I should be charged with murder.
6. Sword Art Online. -I've never wished harm on a writer, but this show comes close to pushing me that far.
7. Beastars. -Keep this "woke" propaganda out of my anime kthnxbai.
8. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. -Fcuk you.
9. In Another World With My Smartphone. -worst isekai ever made.
10. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka. -They all said this anime was great. Many have called it their favorite. I say it would be an insult to shit, to call this anime "shit."

Bruh, how the hell is Beastars 'woke"?The anime is not political at all.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jun 13, 2020 8:45 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Ignoring music videos and stuff below 10 minutes

Puchimas!!: Petit Petit iDOLM@STER - 3/10 - it's really just crying and screaming children being bratty and annoying
Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka? - 4/10 - the main character's mother is just that, a mother. She has no other traits to define herself with.
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Prologue - Sakura to Futatsu no Kuma - 4/10 - it altered a pretty much near perfect ending and I cannot forgive it for that
Fractale - 4/10 - not sure why this show thought throwing in rape scenes would be beneficial to its enjoyment
Hotaru no Haka - 4/10 - most of it is boring, none of the characters are likeable and it pretty much starts where it ends, so the suspense of "will they won't they" is completely gone
Kanokon Specials - 4/10 - the way this treats females is outdated to say the least, has no clue what consent and privacy means
Hello World - 4/10 - forced romance
Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai - 4/10 - a bit of the above but add an unsatisfying ending to the mix
School Days - 4/10 - if you enjoy scummy protags, here's your show
Paprika - 4/10 - good idea, bad execution and a few iffy scenes

Bonus:
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou - 4/10 - tasteless adaptation of a horror game that just doesn't work as an anime
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Jun 3

37 by TsutanaiFuun »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » I'm just better- The anime [NO SPOILERS]

TsutanaiFuun - Yesterday

8 by TsutanaiFuun »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you find immoral anime fun to watch?

LenRea - Yesterday

22 by FZREMAKE »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you feel like theaters outside of Japan should reconsider expanding screening for anime movies, do daily rerun daily screening events, etc. since not all of us are able to make it due to busy life, important matters, etc.?

WingZeroRequiem - Jun 4

37 by FZREMAKE »»
8 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

67 by ColourWheel »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.