Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
zal said:
Wow this guy sucks Crunchyroll's dick like he's been paid to... oh wait he is. Mother's basement is a whore, with all due respect to whores.

I mean, idk, whores tend to at least have some standards afaik.

But yeah. It's hard to take a transparent shill seriously whenever he's a transparent shill.

Well, he draws the line at shows that licensors are holding hostage and not releasing to the public, and for shows crunchyroll has that aren't being released elsewhere, he did put links to sites that may or may not also have those anime. He's a total shill, yes, but one with standards.
Aug 25, 2017 12:47 PM

Aug 2017
Yeah, the fact that they disable adblock is enough to convince me not to ever use their services. There are enough alternatives that aren't that scummy, though I try to watch things legally.
Aug 25, 2017 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
Aug 25, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2015
I miss old day where everything is innocent they share because they want to share no for money.
make sure its not a fake/copy website.

I never heard this turn off you ad block to watch this anime website. the only one i get that kind block for live action website and they only have normal ad.
Into the Internet!
Aug 25, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2016
LadyLyra said:
Yeah, the fact that they disable adblock is enough to convince me not to ever use their services. There are enough alternatives that aren't that scummy, though I try to watch things legally.
Same here onall accounts. 30charslimit
Aug 25, 2017 12:57 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Well, he draws the line at shows that licensors are holding hostage and not releasing to the public, and for shows crunchyroll has that aren't being released elsewhere, he did put links to sites that may or may not also have those anime. He's a total shill, yes, but one with standards.

Given that you're talking about somebody who shames people for turning to piracy and tells them that it's their legal and moral obligation not to do so because his sponsor is a legal alternative, but at the same time will encourage pirating series licensed by the competitors of one of his primary sponsorship, I can't escape the feeling that you have a really funny definition of "possessing standards."

Though I wouldn't be surprised if CR put him up to it to a degree, to be fair, given they have a PR department that's much more apt to shame people for not using their service and dismiss them as fake anime fans who refuse to support the industry rather than actually doing things to make their service look like it's worth paying money for. Then again, his own lack of integrity and willingness to put the tiny filthy cock of his sponsors ahead of actually producing content (the dipshit literally shills in the middle of making points in his videos ffs) makes me believe that there isn't any reason to not hate him for as much all the same.

Disgusting, filthy creature that one is. It's depressing when I think about people trying to make it on YT who actually talk about anime with passion instead of transparently using it as a base for profit and getting sponsorship deals and knowing that some slimy shitball without a shred of integrity behind his words, like Mother's Basement, is one of the ones holding a position of prominence.
ManabanAug 25, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 25, 2017 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Given that you're talking about somebody who shames people for turning to piracy and tells them that it's their legal and moral obligation not to do so because his sponsor is a legal alternative, but at the same time will encourage pirating series licensed by the competitors of one of his primary sponsorship, I can't escape the feeling that you have a really funny definition of "possessing standards."

Though I wouldn't be surprised if CR put him up to it to a degree, to be fair, given they have a PR department that's much more apt to shame people for not using their service and dismiss them as fake anime fans who refuse to support the industry rather than actually doing things to make their service look like it's worth paying money for.
By standards, I mean that he only pirates stufd that legal companies are purposely withholding, meaning it's their fault for their awful business practices that their customers are going elsewhere.
Aug 25, 2017 1:07 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
By standards, I mean that he only pirates stufd that legal companies are purposely withholding, meaning it's their fault for their awful business practices that their customers are going elsewhere.

From his Discord group:

What if I don't use CR not only because they license pretty much nothing in my area, but because when I did (briefly) pay for a premium account there I found it to be underwhelming in comparison to pirate sites to begin with and I'd rather withhold giving money to a business that would rather tell people they're wrong for not using them as opposed to actively trying to make their service palpable to people both in terms of quality and in terms of accessibility?

Is that not shitty service? Why is it only my obligation to do so with CR and not Netflix or Amazon? Mayhaps because they give him money?

If CR started withholding stuff in the same vein Netflix did, I'd bet my very life that he wouldn't encourage pirating their product. Because I can trust him to jam the dicks of his sponsors as far down of his throat as they'll go.

I wonder how quickly he'd turn heel if Netflix or Amazon started tossing a bit of money his way.

Aug 25, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
Use both uBlock Origin and Essentials for KissAnime. You won't have to turn off your adblocker to watch anime, you won't see their cancerous ads again, and they can't even profit from you. Problem solved.

Aug 25, 2017 1:49 PM

Mar 2015
I feel like a video response is only fair:
Aug 25, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2015
I stopped using Kiss or Gogo Anime. I occassionaly use Animefreak.tv. I may have to watch a few douche ads though.
Aug 25, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2015
I stopped using kissnanime. I sometimes use 9anime. Anyone else that knows a good place to watch hd anime for free without downloading?
Aug 25, 2017 2:15 PM

Apr 2016
DoubleMangekyo said:
I feel like a video response is only fair:
Tfw this video has a description that attempts to be somewhat of a remedy to some of the arguments (location) that very video, which is even stated in this video itself.
Aug 25, 2017 2:19 PM

Oct 2015
You guys are just using the wrong adblock. I started using uBlock origin and havent seen an add since
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2016
Williemeister said:
You guys are just using the wrong adblock. I started using uBlock origin and havent seen an add since
The fact that you have to use a specific Adblock at all just to avoid being told to cut it off is proof of their horseshit.
Aug 25, 2017 2:26 PM

Feb 2013
CodeBlazeFate said:
Williemeister said:
The fact that you have to use a specific Adblock at all just to avoid being told to cut it off is proof of their horseshit.
to be fully protected from ads you usually need 3 or 4 ad blockers
Aug 25, 2017 2:36 PM
Jun 2017
I use 9anime, am I okay?

I do support the industry though... I buy manga and anime. I would buy figures but the ones I want are like 150-300 bucks! Maybe when I'm older and have a better income!
Aug 25, 2017 2:39 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CatchyUsername said:
Hell, I hate Kissanime. It sucks so hard in everything. I just download through torrents. I don't give a shit about piracy though.

Eh idk, from my experience they tend to operate the most smoothly and consistently, hence why I still even go to them sometimes. I've pretty much stopped using 9anime because of the frequent quality drops and server issues, but I've sort of migrated to MasterAni and it tends to be my mainstay now. I only go to KA whenever I'm having issues with MA, because I almost never have issues with KA. I just don't want to use them xP

Though I'd torrent if I could :( It usually does give the best experience imo, never having to deal with any of the buffering nonsense or quality drops regardless, but it's just kind of scary to do so here because they do sort of pay attention to it and like to fine people for it, and I've got no money to pay a fine with. Unless we count the 20€ I have set aside to buy a bunch of shitty 2€-for-a-pack-of-17 cigarillos with, but that's hardly enough ._.

Never underestimate German efficiency >_> Can't finish the fucking airport in Berlin that's been being worked on for years, but hey, tracking down some dipshit who torrented a 6 episode anime OVA and slapping them with a fine is a piece of cake.

Williemeister said:

CodeBlazeFate said:
Williemeister said:

I actually discovered uBlock through 9anime (it recommended it actually) and I've just sort of stuck with it since because I feel like it's just a generally better adblocker, so eh. But even if I do use it and also don't have to deal with KA ads, I still sort of take issue with their anti-adblock nonsense all the same.

but uBlock best adblocker girl tbh
ManabanAug 25, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 25, 2017 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
I am honestly sick of this topic constantly being brought up and this self-righteous hypocrite name's always being mentioned..
If you want and have the financial capacity sure you could very much at least try to support the industry in any way you possibly can. However don't be afraid to use illegal methods to watch what wanna watch. Kissanime might be a sh*tty website, but the truth of the matter is that compared to others they at least have a bigger library of both old and "not so well known" titles to choose from.
Aug 25, 2017 3:11 PM
Aug 2011

This is from a video game perspective but it seems very relevant to what is being discussed within anime. There are two sides to this argument one from a consumer standpoint and another from a company standpoint.

Companies shouldn't be dicks so people will turn to piracy. Netflix model might someday become the norm but since people like anime on a weekly basis still. Amazon shouldn't force a giant paywall gating it's anime away. Crunchyroll has it right with it's model. What they should do instead is reward people for paying for stuff legally, offer something that only they can offer and no one else. Some people will pirate no matter what, but competing with piracy is better than trying to quash it outside of the people who are obviously large distributors doing it.

Then the consumers and well, if you are pirating it and it's not available in your country or area legally or something clearly not being sold anymore or is on hugely outdated mediums like VHSs. Then go nuts and do it, Yar Har fiddle dee dee being a pirate is all that can be! What I don't really condone or support is people doing it because they are just trying to justify theft. If you own a computer, you can find easy legal ways to watch these shows. I do struggle a bit to understand the poor argument, since this is anime instead of games it but be a tad different. If you can afford a computer, how can you not afford 7 dollars a month for crunchyroll? Even then you don't necessarily need to pay for it. I mean if Crunchyroll is not offering the specific show in your region, by all means pirate it. But I still think it is better to provide payment to those whom provide a service rather than just pirating everything.

I won't personally tell people outright what they should do since this isn't an easy black or white issue. But to put in perspective.

I do pirate Kakegurui because it's not available legally since Netflix it's making it legal until 2018. I will not pirate something that is available legally on some service somewhere, I'll pay for it and watch it. If it is those Final Fantasy OVAs that I want to watch for morbid curiosity but they have only been available on VHS, an outdated and not supported format of video, then yeah I will pirate them since it's not being sold anymore.

That's where I stand and more or when and if I do pirate something and when I won't. I won't tell people what to do or not to do but by definition I still consider it theft if something is selling a legal version of it. But ya know, my standards aren't other peoples so eh.
Aug 25, 2017 3:17 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
SeidouTZ said:
I am honestly sick of this topic constantly being brought up and this self-righteous hypocrite name's always being mentioned..

To be fair whenever somebody is incapable of ever going past talking about one or two topics, and keep making content at a normal pace all the same, they're bound to latch themselves to those topics

then again i do get wet every time i see him hamfist some of his high quality shilling right in the middle of an argument he's making, and reminding the audience how much he hates SAO even when it's entirely irrelevant to his video and he doesn't even bother to tie it in to the topic in a way that at least legitimizes it being discussed

and of course, since we're talking about the absolute pinnacle of anime analysis, his best counterargument to criticizing his content for stuff like that is "don't like don't watch" so i think i just keep watching him and complaining out of spite at this point, given i've resigned to the fact that he will never, ever say anything that sounds geniune and will never, ever be able to provide anything even resembling insight

he's a punching bag for my frustrations at this point, because he's an easy target as a content creator

at least the other major ones I've seen at least had something meaningful or interesting to say from time to time, i can legitimately assert that i have yet to hear anything he had to say that i could put some semblance of value on

then again hey, maybe one day he'll say something that won't be pointless and i'll have to eat my words about him just being an articulate idiot >_>
ManabanAug 25, 2017 3:23 PM

Aug 25, 2017 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
Or you could just torrent the anime and the problem is solved xD
Aug 25, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
torrent master race

like i said many times torrenting/XDCC is the lesser evil when it comes to pirating anime
Aug 25, 2017 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
Why would I care if they earn a lot of money when they give me all the anime I want to watch?

Aug 25, 2017 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
Champ said:
Why would I care if they earn a lot of money when they give me all the anime I want to watch?

Because they fuck up tor computer and have the worst and most intrusive a(i)ds barring ones that interrupt your ability to surf the web.
Aug 25, 2017 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
SeidouTZ said:

To be fair whenever somebody is incapable of ever going past talking about one or two topics, and keep making content at a normal pace all the same, they're bound to latch themselves to those topics

then again i do get wet every time i see him hamfist some of his high quality shilling right in the middle of an argument he's making, and reminding the audience how much he hates SAO even when it's entirely irrelevant to his video and he doesn't even bother to tie it in to the topic in a way that at least legitimizes it being discussed

and of course, since we're talking about the absolute pinnacle of anime analysis, his best counterargument to criticizing his content for stuff like that is "don't like don't watch" so i think i just keep watching him and complaining out of spite at this point, given i've resigned to the fact that he will never, ever say anything that sounds geniune and will never, ever be able to provide anything even resembling insight

he's a punching bag for my frustrations at this point, because he's an easy target as a content creator

at least the other major ones I've seen at least had something meaningful or interesting to say from time to time, i can legitimately assert that i have yet to hear anything he had to say that i could put some semblance of value on

then again hey, maybe one day he'll say something that won't be pointless and i'll have to eat my words about him just being an articulate idiot >_>

I understand that this is a type of topic that any relatively popular "anime youtuber" will have something to say on the matter, but this is getting to a point that it is just becoming oversaturated.

I guess this is good example of how he manages his channel. He grabs itself to a popular topic/trend and crams it to a pulp until his audiance start to grow sick of it..

(i laugh quite a bit with that last sentence XD)
Aug 25, 2017 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Orion_Gospel said:
I stopped using kissnanime. I sometimes use 9anime. Anyone else that knows a good place to watch hd anime for free without downloading?

proxer.me has decent quality watchanime.me (former animejoy) isn't too bad also. The best is still torerenting. I started last week and wow ^^
Aug 25, 2017 3:44 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
SeidouTZ said:
I guess this is good example of how he manages his channel. He grabs itself to a popular topic/trend and crams it to a pulp until his audiance start to grow sick of it..

Nah, being topical would ascribe too much competence to him. He starts off, beats it down, and keeps going even after people begin criticizing him for never talking about anything different >_>

He isn't open to criticism, though, so meh. When your counter to people criticizing your (shitty) content is "don't like don't watch" rather than saying something at least halfway meaningful, it's really telling about how much he's really willing to hear any kind of feedback. And it's especially egregious because Mother's Basement is probably less insightful as the average AD user when you really just put an iota of thought into what he has to say.

My favorite was the video he made about magic school anime - to just whittle down his 18 minute or so ramble by a little bit and you'll eventually reach the core line of thought that "Every magic school anime is just a cynical cash grab trying to capitalize on the success of Harry Potter, and I saw this one anime and it sucked, and I saw Mahouka and it sucked, so therefore everything between those two sucks as well."

It's astounding to me how there are people that look to him for insight and to hear his views, because you can do that with a lot of his videos I've seen and get something really asinine out of it. Why in the actual fuck does he have an actual platform and make a living telling others his thoughts, whenever he should be somebody who types in all lowercase letters in episode discussion threads?

Aug 25, 2017 4:02 PM
Apr 2017
zal said:
Wow this guy sucks Crunchyroll's dick like he's been paid to... oh wait he is. Mother's basement is a whore, with all due respect to whores.

Regarding Kissmanga, find me another website that puts all the pages of a chapter on the same page while I can just scroll to read it and I will consider changing service.

He does make a few good points but yeah, the only reason he's talking about this is because he's paid by crunchyroll
Aug 25, 2017 4:12 PM

Apr 2014
I watch shows ilegally yes, but the shows that I can watch legally are really limited, and I still support the industry by buying shows, so yeah...
Aug 25, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Williemeister said:
Not denying that their site is trash. I just think its stupid that people complain about not being able to use adblock, when they obviously can. One quick google search and you will find multiple methods to get around their adblock-block.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2017 4:42 PM
Jan 2014
If someone wants to complain about people using pirated anime sites over Crunchyroll, then the bare minimum that needs to happen is Crunchyroll providing a service that's at least as good as the pirated sites. I'm not interested in watching censored shit even for shows that have had blurays out for years. Start there and maybe I'll think about subbing to CR.

I also disagree with what he said at the of the video about anime's mainstream popularity being something to celebrate, since mainstream western influence on niche hobbies is never a good thing.
Aug 25, 2017 5:02 PM

Apr 2013
How many times do we need to discuss this? As long as if you use the right ad-blocker and anti-adblock killers for kissanime you don't have to worry about them getting paid through ads and your computer getting malware, like there's already a bunch of dudes who have mentioned the necessary tools to overcome these issues, well I haven't experienced this myself since I just torrent Anime if the situation calls for it (not available through legal methods for example, fansubbers help out with that a lot)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 25, 2017 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
There are still people who don't know how to use anti adblock killers out there? I am shocked

Also, we get it, Mother's Basement, Crunchytroll pays you to suck their D
zal said:
Regarding Kissmanga, find me another website that puts all the pages of a chapter on the same page while I can just scroll to read it and I will consider changing service.
Mangago.me, but you have to sign up in order to use that option. It has a large database and next to no ads (only a few harmless ones) though so I'd say it's worth it. Then there's also Mangapark.me but I stopped using it a while ago because the site owners started implementing dangerous pop ups and I'd rather not take any risks unless I have to
Comic_SansAug 25, 2017 5:19 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 25, 2017 5:25 PM
Sep 2015
Complains about Kissanime asking to turn off ad-blocker becuase they want to make money of things they don't own

Use's ad-blocker to stop many deserved website creators the money they need for the sake of making their page run faster.

Don't try taking the higher moral ground, in the end, you are both stopping the people who deserve the money most from getting it.

This move isnt a problem since I don't use adblocker anyway. If I'm bothering to even access a pirated anime site I should then be grateful they can satisfy my lazy ways
Watch Nichijou
Aug 25, 2017 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna keep repeating this shit on every thread like this:

uBlock Origin.
Doesn't get detected by KissAnime. Blocks every single ad they ever had or will have. Works on Windows, works on Android. Easy on the memory.

These fuckers never got a single cent from me. Torrenting is better but sometimes I can't be arsed.

Leech away, my brothers!
Aug 25, 2017 5:51 PM
Jun 2015
As a desktop user with adblock, gogo anime isn't even as close to as bad as kiss. I actually have gotten a virus on kiss lmao
Aug 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Apr 2016
Eight-Man said:
As a desktop user with adblock, gogo anime isn't even as close to as bad as kiss. I actually have gotten a virus on kiss lmao
Gogo froze my I-phone's internet on multiple occasions, and that thing is supposed to be inherently protected from malware.
Aug 25, 2017 6:17 PM
Jun 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Eight-Man said:
Gogo froze my I-phone's internet on multiple occasions, and that thing is supposed to be inherently protected from malware.

if you boot up right after with no problems then it wasn't malware. It's probably your phone is shit or the video player + ads are too much for your phone to handle.
Aug 25, 2017 6:19 PM

Apr 2016
Eight-Man said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

if you boot up right after with no problems then it wasn't malware. It's probably your phone is shit or the video player + ads are too much for your phone to handle.
And it's a 6S and no other illegal site with pop-up ads gave me such trouble, meaning it might be the latter. Still, one pop-up that froze the phone's browsing ability kept saying the battery was partially corrupted.
Aug 25, 2017 6:22 PM
Jun 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Eight-Man said:

And it's a 6S and no other illegal site with pop-up ads gave me such trouble, meaning it might be the latter. Still, one pop-up that froze the phone's browsing ability kept saying the battery was partially corrupted.

Why you are even watching anime on your phone in the first place beats me. How does someone enjoy it with such a small screen?
Aug 25, 2017 6:24 PM

May 2017
CatSoul said:
I don't understand why anyone uses KissAnime.

lol why anyone wouldnt? its one of the better sites that exist
Aug 25, 2017 6:24 PM

Apr 2016
Eight-Man said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Why you are even watching anime on your phone in the first place beats me. How does someone enjoy it with such a small screen?
Convenience. It's infinitely more convenient than walking up to another room and turning the computer on and waiting a minute for it to boot up and then another few seconds to a minute to start browsing. It isn't even that small, especially by smartphone standards.
Aug 25, 2017 6:25 PM
Jun 2015
LICK_IT_GOOD said:
CatSoul said:
I don't understand why anyone uses KissAnime.

lol why anyone wouldnt? its one of better sites that exist

Except the fact that it's down or has some server issues almost every week, unblockable ads, ads with viruses, and the fact that it needs to switch domains every other month? Yep best site

CodeBlazeFate said:
Eight-Man said:

Convenience. It's infinitely more convenient than walking up to another room and turning the computer on and waiting a minute for it to boot up and then another few seconds to a minute to start browsing. It isn't even that small, especially by smartphone standards.

That sounds a whole lot more convenient to me. A minute or two of prep time to get a much more enjoyable experience all around? Hell yeah
Aug 25, 2017 6:26 PM

Apr 2016
Eight-Man said:
LICK_IT_GOOD said:

Except the fact that it's down or has some server issues almost every week, unblockable ads, ads with viruses, and the fact that it needs to switch domains every other month? Yep best site
And that's not even including the borderline routine takedowns it gets a few times a year.
Aug 25, 2017 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Eight-Man said:

Higher PPI, my friend. Higher PPI...
Aug 25, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2017
Eight-Man said:
LICK_IT_GOOD said:

and how i dont have any of that problems? it works very fine for me last 3-4 months
Aug 25, 2017 6:32 PM
Jun 2015
LICK_IT_GOOD said:
Eight-Man said:

and how i dont have any of that problems? it works very fine for me last 3-4 months

Maybe they've finally fixed their shit then. I haven't used it in a while.

Getting a virus from any site automatically forbodes going to it ever again. I haven't caught a virus in 4 years previously.

Ty windows defender
Aug 25, 2017 6:33 PM

May 2015
While KA is still better than legal sites, Masterani.me is the best site I've used yet. It's better than KA, Gogo, and 9anime.

Aug 25, 2017 6:37 PM

Apr 2016
Kittens-kun said:
While KA is still better than legal sites, Masterani.me is the best site I've used yet. It's better than KA, Gogo, and 9anime.
Except KA isn't, especially in how it handles ads and potentially causes malware to people without a specific adblock that they can't tell you to put away.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anime that fail the Bechdel test

fluffycow17 - Sep 8, 2021

27 by SallyMalaki »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime tropes - yay or nay

JoeChip - Yesterday

19 by DarkShame2 »»
13 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 32 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
25 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

98 by Avicebrons »»
29 minutes ago

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - Jun 9

30 by DarkShame2 »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.