Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 4, 2017 9:55 PM

Sep 2006
Mirality said:
cardin said:

Why Christa is important, is because Hange had interrogated the Church guy (whom she threatened to dangle off the wall) and he name-dropped Christa's name. Add in this episode and you can start having your own hypotheses.

I know, that's why I said "important to everyone". There's been a few other things; we've found out her real name and that she's from a noble family (or at least adopted into it, kind of like Ymir's own story). But it's still a bit weird; either Reinhard's group is working for the wall priests (which seems unlikely because it looks like they came in from outside, which is where they encountered titan-Ymir, and because it doesn't make sense for the wall priests to want the walls broken, even if it was in one of the satellite towns that could have easily been abandoned... which is suspicious in itself), or there's another group that wants her for some different reason, perhaps as leverage for something.

Currently the anime (and manga) seems that Bertholdt and Reiner want Christa only because she's personally important to Ymir, I'm not sure if they're aware that she's related to nobility.
Jun 4, 2017 11:01 PM

Mar 2016
As expected Connie's mother is the titan that is crushing his house and Ymir's backstory was interesting...BUT with two episodes left I've got no clue wtf is going on with the "warriors" and the church and Christa's importance to the plot...it's all so confusing and I don't think it's getting explained this season. Lets just hope there isn't another 4 year wait for the next instalment
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 4, 2017 11:13 PM
Aug 2008
Great season until now. Ymir seem to be a nice character. Even Reiner seeming he have a lot. I'm interested also on the guy who had his mother as a giant.
This series should have come together! Even if I plan to go to manga it's just one chapter every month!
Jun 4, 2017 11:34 PM
Jul 2010
Next 2 episode will be the highlight of the entire season 2.

Even though I`m not a Ymir fan but the scenes/flashback where she woke up as Titan shifter was very well done.
Jun 5, 2017 12:39 AM

Feb 2017
God. I love Eren, but sometimes he just makes me facepalm, lololol.

Ymir's intentions are understandable, but she's incredibly selfish. Oh well. As usual, good characterization.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Jun 5, 2017 12:42 AM

Jul 2016
So much information.

Things are slowly starting to fall into place but I still have alot of questions.

Is the "king" the ape-titan perhaps? He does seem to be able to command the regular titans?
Jun 5, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
Same response with Boku no Hero...I was speechless! a bit...(but my hypeness still stronk withg Boku no hero)
so many flashback but it was handled very well!
Damn!, this time Krista was also taken by Ymir! they also still got even and this time even Krista!
Looks like things are still going well for the Titan shifters...but not for so long...based on the next episode Armored Titan would have a hard time dealing with normal titans!
5/5.

Jun 5, 2017 2:18 AM

Sep 2011
Oh wow, they rearranged stuff that actually makes future revelations *cough* basement flashback reveal *cough* not completely out of nowhere.

I guess getting rid oft he garbage tier art isn't the only upgrade from the manga.
Jun 5, 2017 2:21 AM

Jan 2013
A bit of a strange flashback, hopefully this season doesn't end before Erin is returned.
Jun 5, 2017 4:37 AM

Nov 2012
This season has somehow managed to make every character except Mikasa really boring so much so that I was far more invested in the beginning with the random background characters in Connie's village than I was when the main cast appeared.

When the ape Titan showed up in the manga, it sent chills down my spine.
When the ape Titan showed up in the anime, it made me yawn.

I guess this is what 4 years of waiting and too much hype (and Kabaneri) can do to a man.
Jun 5, 2017 5:31 AM
Jan 2016
Good episode
The soundtrack in this episode is FANTASTIC WOOOOW I LOVED THE MUSIC USED IN THIS EPISODE
Ymir's past is interesting and sad but this didn't make me like her I still hate her though
I think the titans origins is people's experience from Ymir's past They inject them and after that they throw them from the wall and turn to Titans
I'm so scared for Hannes :( He got so much character development I'm afraid that he will die
Finally Connie's mother is about to be proved that she's the titan. It so obvious now
I laughed my ass off when Eren was fighting Reiner IT'S SO FUNNY
Can't wait for next episode SO HYPED
Jun 5, 2017 11:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice episode, a little slow, more dialogue but witout emotion except the last 3 minutes when Imir catch with her mouth Crista....
....., although the next one will be better!!!
Jun 5, 2017 12:33 PM
May 2017
XG-70d said:
I guess this is what 4 years of waiting and too much hype (and Kabaneri) can do to a man.

What's up with this Kabaneri, already seen few people mention this anime, how is that connected to Shingeki?
Jun 5, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, I'm still having problems to process everything they said since last episode. So apparently some people willingly transformed people into titans as punishment. And Ymir was able to regain her sanity because she ate someone that was able to transform back? Though I wonder how those people that transformed back were able to do so, probably with that serum that Eren's father gave him or something. This is all still very confusing, but we finally get a big piece of the picture now :3

Also Ymir is so retarded for actually cooperating with two mass murderers, I wanna see Erwin fight next episode and wreck those bastards xD
Jun 5, 2017 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
So from what little context the episode gave us, it looks like the Church is responsible for the creation of titans, or at least the ones that were once humans. That being said, it can be assumed that Eren's dad was a part of the Church since the S1 flashbacks show him injecting Eren with certain drugs.

This is just my hypothesis; all you manga readers don't need to correct me. Also, pls no spoilerino.

Solid episode. Next week is gonna be lit.
5/5
Jun 5, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
I don't get it. Is Ymir supposed to be legally insane?
I mean, she says she saw right away that Christa was the same as her...uhm, no, not really. She doesn't have the same background, she doesn't have the same goals and she sure as hell doesn't behave similar to Ymir.
And why does she trust Reiner (you know, the traitor) just because he says "we want the best for Christa too, yo"? Makes no sense to me.
And then she says "I don't care if I destroy her future as long as I can see her". What? That's not something you say about somebody you care for. That's something you say about an object.
Jun 5, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
only 2 episodes left :/

I loved how everybody was like "stop beeing a bitch
shiniji eren" when he "fought" with reiner. And during the flashback I was like
- jeah nice, the story gets more weird. again. FUCK YEAH POTATOE GIRL.

I will probably need to read the manga... because Im tired of waiting. But I dont want to support this "teasing" strategy.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 5, 2017 2:16 PM
May 2016
TrashDax said:
I don't get it. Is Ymir supposed to be legally insane?
I mean, she says she saw right away that Christa was the same as her...uhm, no, not really. She doesn't have the same background, she doesn't have the same goals and she sure as hell doesn't behave similar to Ymir.
And why does she trust Reiner (you know, the traitor) just because he says "we want the best for Christa too, yo"? Makes no sense to me.
And then she says "I don't care if I destroy her future as long as I can see her". What? That's not something you say about somebody you care for. That's something you say about an object.

Ymir isn't as simple as some people might make her out to be, she's irrational and her love for Historia, while definitely genuine, also has the downsides of her projecting herself onto her as well. She's just as guilty for what she criticised Historia for, yet that's why she cares so much about her. As for the "destroy her future" line, it's a bit spoilery since it relates heavily to Historia's character in the next arc but it should make sense when you get there. I'll try and be as non-spoilerific as possible, so: what Ymir meant wasn't entirely selfish, when you learn more about Historia and her purpose in the story it comes across more as a desperate plea to save her rather than keep her solely for herself.
Jun 5, 2017 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
Kitiko123 said:
XG-70d said:

What's up with this Kabaneri, already seen few people mention this anime, how is that connected to Shingeki?
If it wasn't for Kabaneri, Snk could've had more time to produce and make it 2-cour and could've came out last year. Most of the staff from Snk worked on Kabaneri.
Jun 5, 2017 6:00 PM

Dec 2014
well that was something ...do non manga readers understand it all...I would've had a hard time to understand the backstories ...you know
Jun 5, 2017 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
only to 2 episode left.. this is not good ... i will not read the manga there will be no hype for me.. haha
Jun 6, 2017 2:06 AM

Dec 2014
And the cat and mouse game continues for another week... Zzz
Jun 6, 2017 3:30 AM

Apr 2016
They dun goofed with this ep.
Jun 6, 2017 3:47 AM
Jan 2017
@Metal_Ice786
Stop spoiling with your manga knowledge. There is no definitive clue on where Ymir's Past Flashback took place. For all we know it could be have happened inside Wall Maria 60 years in the past. So by stubbornly mentioning multiple times some kind of "outside civilization" where this happened you willingly spoiled anime only watches. Imo this should be reason for a timed ban at the very least.

I would appreciate if some manga readers could just tell me if my theories aren't that far off of the actual story in spoiler tags.

Thanks in advance.
samurroJun 6, 2017 3:51 AM
Jun 6, 2017 3:47 AM

Jun 2016
This was frustrating to watch. If the next episode is just the scouts chasing Eren and the titan three I'll really get mad. Yimir's backstory was interesting, I wonder what the deal with those religious people was. Aside from that this one had little to offer. I hope the next episode gives us something more worthwhile.
Jun 6, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2015
samurro said:
@Metal_Ice786
Stop spoiling with your manga knowledge. There is no definitive clue on where Ymir's Past Flashback took place. For all we know it could be have happened inside Wall Maria 60 years in the past. So by stubbornly mentioning multiple times some kind of "outside civilization" where this happened you willingly spoiled anime only watches. Imo this should be reason for a timed ban at the very least.

I would appreciate if some manga readers could just tell me if my theories aren't that far off of the actual story in spoiler tags.

Thanks in advance.

I guess you didn't read the eyecatch.
Jun 6, 2017 6:48 AM

Sep 2016
Of course Eren saying “don’t get violent with me” seemed quite weird & abnormal, his beating Reiner with his stumps looked pretty hilarious.
And these duo made perfect background for Ymir & Bertolt’s conversation.

It’s kinda interesting that Christa happily rushed to Ymir but only to find herself got eaten, we all know she’s not gonna be hurt by Ymir tho.
I wonder if I’d figure out Ymir’s feelings if I wasn’t informed that
But that’s some determination for sure.

Was the ability of Titan shift a punishment or what? Ymir’s backstory only brought out more questions.
Orikasa_MomijiJun 6, 2017 6:53 AM
Jun 6, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2008

Name: Bertholdt
Job: shit bricks each ep since ep1
Jun 6, 2017 12:10 PM
Sep 2011
From manga reader, one word : "wtf"

Great episode, 5/5. People who think that nothing happened in this episode, you're gonna be so disappointed/bored in the next arc. You have all plot information here.
Jun 6, 2017 2:45 PM
Apr 2014
Man every time we see Hannes I realize how sad it is that he had such little impact so far. He appeared a few times but that's about it. Most important supporting character. Maybe he gets his time to shine now? But the way AOT was so far he'll die at that point. So at the same time I hope that doesn't happen >.> the same dilemma for all of the characters. If they do something awesome they die most likely. And if they don't do something awesome they are boring as hell...

Anyway. Should have waited for the season to end before I watched the last 3 episodes. Don't know why but it's not as good as the first season. We are just getting more and more input that creates more questions and barely any answers. Considering this season is almost over that is quite disappointing. Especially without another season being confirmed/announced.
Jun 6, 2017 6:56 PM

Apr 2009
YMIR WHYYYY. The scouts were so close. Someone is going to die next episode I can feel it.... Hannes why would you jinx yourself!

I was so shocked when I heard SIXTY YEARS. Looks like Ymir was able to transform back after eating their friend. And those people turned her into a titan!!! I'm curious if certain people are just able to turn back, but if a titan eats these people they become human again? WHO DID EREN EAT?!

Also I laughed really hard at Eren...

The only thought I have to end this episode with is.... The Chruch.... <.<

I'm going to have to rewatch the first and second season after this ends. Then I will move onto the manga.
Jun 7, 2017 3:48 AM
Jan 2017
Schopenhauer1 said:
aot so far is nothing comparing to the next two episodes and the next two arcs.

Which means? You personally think its getting better or worse? I am a anime only watcher and I read multiple times that action is taking a back seat in future arcs with more focus on story/plot. Which I would welcome, as long as we finally get some answers which are interesting and not dull.
Jun 7, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2016
Im felling in my guts that there will be another 12-13 episodes at this year fall.
There too many questions to answer in 2 episodes. Even if they did manage to do it there would be backstory only with no action.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 7, 2017 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
sunako199 said:
eren punching reiner without hands is so funny lmao and poor ymir tho her past

Lmao :D
and when connie kicked ymir's head is just *lol
Jun 7, 2017 3:39 PM

Aug 2012
HayTYouRFrienD said:
Im felling in my guts that there will be another 12-13 episodes at this year fall.
There too many questions to answer in 2 episodes. Even if they did manage to do it there would be backstory only with no action.
but The Ancient Magus Bride is coming out in Fall. WIT has never aired 2 anime in the same season before and both having high quality production.
Jun 7, 2017 7:19 PM

Jul 2016
The thing that intrigues me is that when the Titan (Ymir) eat human after that they transform to human then they don't remember they eat human.

The animation is so good :3 Can't wait to see Episode 11. Seems like Mikasa will be going badass again xD
Jun 7, 2017 8:24 PM

Dec 2014
Ymir backstory was seriously something else
Jun 8, 2017 2:48 AM

Aug 2016
sim0n2170 said:
HayTYouRFrienD said:
but The Ancient Magus Bride is coming out in Fall. WIT has never aired 2 anime in the same season before and both having high quality production.

I forgot about that one, maybe than in another 4 years or so :P

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 8, 2017 3:36 AM

Apr 2016
SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 8, 2017 10:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the first place the corps got to on their mission was Connie's village eh. Well it will make a prime forward location to stage for the time being. Hmm Connie's mother is still here eh. Yes its unbelievable that Connie's mother could have been turned into a titan though. Hmm well if it was to protect Historia's life then i think Ymir would go with Reiner. Hmm it seems that Reiner has run out of time then with the advance of the survey corps. It seems that Bertolt too is growing tired of hiding from the humans and his former allies as well. Hmm Eren's surprise attack though shocking was just not powerful enough. So Ymir actually ate one of Reiners and Bertolt's friends eh. Hmm so Ymir was wandering outside the walls for 60 years eh wow thats a long time. Meanwhile the assault by the survey corps looks like its encountering a lot of resistance though. But Edwin is right in that a detour would take far more time and cause them to lose the chance. Though risky this attack is pretty bold of Edwin but it had the intended effect. Now they just need to break through to Eren and Ymir. Ymir must have known that Historia would be among the members of the corps that will be be fighting to rescue her. Hmm first time i heard the term good natured to the point of being a fool though lol. Hmm Reiners stuck in a hard place with Ymir here lol. Hmm so Ymir's childhood was pretty hard eh. Being not just an orphan but also being used by a cult as a figurehead as well. I like the insert song that they used that was used in the last part of Ymirs past though. Hmm Ymir's choice to reiner was a really tough one there lol.

And the scouts finally launch their assault on the forest as well. Man the music that plays as they do was epic. Hannes is surprisingly a capable soldier that when not drunk actually is quick on the uptake. Lol Ymir ate Historia eh lol. He's also surprisingly determined as well. But man to think Ymir was a decoy of sorts though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
Ymir had a tough childhood. Thanks to this episode we have even more unanswered questions. Those soldiers that captured Ymir and her villagers transformed them into titans, from their uniforms we can see that they are from a different place.
So why do they do that? Why do they transform them...
Next 2 episodes will be epic! Christa is the only one that can open Ymir's eyes. Btw i hate so much Ymir's obsession with Christa.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 8, 2017 4:30 PM

Dec 2014
Such a unique animation, but somehow It fits with everything.

Ymir just wants to be Christa's pet and will let nothing stop her from doing so.

Eren squaring up with no arms is priceless.

The scouts seem so close to a rescue but tbh =, I'm not sure they can do anything to either character once they transform but I can't wait to find out how Ewrin thinks of a way.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jun 8, 2017 9:17 PM

Jun 2014
I planned to watch only one episode per day, but it was so good..... I finished 10 episodes in two days. Waiting for the next episode is so painful.
Jun 8, 2017 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
all those hints man that was good i can't wait for the next episodes
Jun 10, 2017 12:10 AM

Feb 2008
waiting for each episode is brutal D:... Good thing next episode has aired already :3
Jun 10, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Reiner shipping Bertolt and Annie, I'm shuddering thinking what their titan baby might look like. Ew.

It was fucking hilarious when Eren started punching Reiner with his stumps. XD While Ymir and Bertolt were talking, you could hear Eren moaning and struggling in the background and that scene of him chewing on his stumps because he wanted to turn into a titan had me rolling.

Damn Ymir just swallowed Krista whole lol

thebrentinator24 said:
I didn't think they would show Ymir's backstory at this point, but it fits well considering everything that's going on right now.

EDIT: Yep, just double checked the manga and this backstory doesn't happen for another 40 chapters. Crazy to think we hypothetically shouldn't be seeing this until season 4 (or season 3 if it's 25 episodes) but they're showing it now. Although I thought it was weird at first for them to be including way-off-into-the-future flashbacks in this season, I feel like in the grand scheme of things, it fits and makes certain things make more sense.

No wonder I thought something was amiss, the sequencing seemed off. Like you say maybe it fits the pacing of this narrative
臭い-
Jun 10, 2017 2:03 PM
Jan 2017
I didn´t understand why Ymir was arrested in the first place. Someone can explain me, please?
satoru123Jun 10, 2017 2:08 PM
Jun 11, 2017 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
Manga readers are going berserk...

this was a great ep though.
Jun 11, 2017 2:19 AM

Aug 2008
An entire episode wasted to the lesbian reminiscing, great. Ended exactly the way the previous one did with no plot advance whatsoever.
Jun 11, 2017 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Okay, after this episode, I give up on waiting the Anime to give me answers and i went to read spoilers.
Great hints for Titan shifters though.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.