Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 5, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2012
Pretty rushed and rather meh ending for this anime, but well that was to be expected from an anime like this...

Nothing special at all, the only part I enjoyed was the start as the setting started off good, but then it all just got one big clusterfuck!
Nov 6, 2016 1:03 AM
Oct 2011
Hey, at least the characterization was not bad. (names excluded)

6/10
Nov 7, 2016 5:05 AM

Mar 2015
Looks like there's gonna be season two in the works.. welp.

7/10, I enjoyed the fanservice, if nothing else.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 9, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2009
...and so it devolved into a kaiju fist-fight.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 9, 2016 1:11 PM
May 2011
holy crap this show was hot garbage.

Was the manga any good? Is this just a bad adaptation?

This is just one of those animes where i'm actually rooting for the bad guy to kill all the main characters, they're just so terrible.

fucking Seigi is a useless pile of shit, i hate weak characters who spout off about justice and then proceed to get their ass handed to them every single episode.
Nov 12, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2014
Tylerr said:

This is just one of those animes where i'm actually rooting for the bad guy to kill all the main characters, they're just so terrible.

fucking Seigi is a useless pile of shit, i hate weak characters who spout off about justice and then proceed to get their ass handed to them every single episode.
It is quite terrible imo... Seigi is quite the MC (Not in a good way), and dat female MC as well with the name Fluesy Bluesy just makes me lol... It managed to finish it all, skipping here and there but wth is the relationship with the female MC and BB...
Nov 13, 2016 12:30 AM
Mar 2015
Hordini said:
The hell was that thing at the end???
RIGHT!?!?!? I feel like the staff where working on a preview for the series, then it got tossed to the side because the concept for the anime was changed by the directors, then everyone was like "what do we do with these scenes we worked on?" and they were all like "let's just throw it in on the end of the last episode, bonus content is always a plus", while the guy in the corner is thinking to himself "And what are all of our viewers going to think when shown these random scenes that don't fit anywhere in the story, and right at the end of the story during the touching wrap-up of the series? Man my co-workers are all idiots".
Nov 13, 2016 12:38 AM
Mar 2015
Rafa-EL-Kenzo said:
BB and Izzy moment inside of seigi body xD (this is crazy to say) plus that ending WTF was that lol
Happy that Tamaki is alive now he can marry that cosplayer waifu! :P plus he was my fav char :)
Tamaki was the unexpected main gag of this series all right. But so you know "Waifu" in that sense means the girl from an anime,manga,light novel, or other otaku media, that one sees could them self in a relationship with. Sort of, at least it's kinda like admiration, well actually it's complicated.,. But anyways, my point is the waifu is like the girl from the tentacle rape series him and his buddy were watching, the girl he gets engaged to is not a waifu because she's real. Thought it's confusing because this involves anime and otakuism within anime and otakuism.
Nov 13, 2016 12:42 AM
Mar 2015
SympathyRS said:
Tylerr said:

It is quite terrible imo... Seigi is quite the MC (Not in a good way), and dat female MC as well with the name Fluesy Bluesy just makes me lol... It managed to finish it all, skipping here and there but wth is the relationship with the female MC and BB...
Izzy and Blood were lovers
Nov 13, 2016 12:44 AM

Nov 2014
Zoros2 said:
SympathyRS said:
I see... Did she decide to protect Seigi in the first place because Seigi looked like her brother or sth?
Nov 13, 2016 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
Zoros2 said:
Hordini said:
The hell was that thing at the end???

The series had a good start imo, but it all went downhill very early on. Quite unfortunate. :(
Nov 13, 2016 12:57 AM
Mar 2015
SympathyRS said:
Zoros2 said:
I see... Did she decide to protect Seigi in the first place because Seigi looked like her brother or sth?
This one's my opinion but it definitely wasn't because of resemblemence because Izzy's locket with a pic of her brother was a gray haired kid like her, Blood's blood, her mothers a chick, and the colonel is not a match either. I think it was because Blood's ideals of justice rubbed off on her and she became attached to Seigi as a comrade/friend.
Nov 17, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
> Horrible mecha fight in the end. Wait was it even a fight? Pure utter shit.

> WTF is up with the horny antagonists?

> Made no sense at all.

Was watching till the end in hope for the MC takes revenge for what they did to her childhood friend...but what the actual fuck happen? Very horrible show.
Jan 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
The epilogue sums up perfectly what this anime was all about : A BIG FUCKING JOKE

This should had just made this into a comedy with Tamaki as the MC, it would had been a much better experience imo.

Good riddance Taboo Tattoo, you can now join the ranks of Big Order, Divine Gate and Mayoiga for worst anime of 2016.
3/10
KashKetchumJan 1, 2017 7:01 PM
Jan 2, 2017 9:39 PM

Dec 2013
Honestly, I read most of the comments here before I watched and went in expecting this to be the garbage you guys keep saying it is. But, it wasn't. I mean, it wasn't great by any means. But, it's not garbage. I am actually hoping the random clips at the end mean there is going to be a season two, at the very least it needs a proper ending.

So... 6/10 overall. Before Touko was killed I would have given this a 4/10 for all the painful moments whenever she opened her mouth, and had Seigi not been an immature asshat for most of the series I may have even gifted an extra point for a 7/10 total. But, alas a 6 will have to do.

I will watch if there is a second season, but there isn't much replay value here so if another season does not come this will quickly be forgotten as just another average time-killer.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 7, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
3/10 (+1 because Tamaki survived).
EmiliaJan 7, 2017 7:45 PM
Jan 15, 2017 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Seigi wins, Arya escapes somehow, and the US celebrates its victory. The end. That is this episode in a nutshell. Also, potential material for a second season. Even though the manga is almost complete, I'm not holding my breath on the chances of that happening, considering that this anime was hard to get through after episode 3. And if the manga has the same problems as this anime, then what's the point of having it adapted? As it stands, Taboo Tattoo joins the ranks of anime like Qualidea Code and Big Order as the worst of 2016.
Hellbender87Feb 7, 2017 3:38 PM
Jan 21, 2017 6:56 AM

Dec 2008
What a craptastic show. Honestly the look was good, about a 7/10 for that and the animation, but the pacing and the story and poor use of plot devices...

This could have been one of those OVA films that could be watched in under 2 hours, and then never thought of again. Or spoken of. Let us never speak of this thing again. 3/10
Jan 29, 2017 6:36 AM
Jan 2017
i just watched the all episodes today...jesus with each episode it got worse and worse...
At the end it was just a pain to watch...
Apr 26, 2017 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
Man I hope there's not a sequel...

This was a 6/10 for a good long while until about episode 9ish... and my final score is a not very solid 5/10. The final arc was complete trash, and I don't call stuff trash aimlessly like some people, I mean it was seriously trash lol. So many inconsistencies. Rules being changed/broken/ignored to fit the situation. Heck, gravity starts moving at different speeds for some characters even. Characters developing weird, alternate personalities to add "drama" or "comedy." Boring action sequences where you can't see anything that's happening. The final fight scene (this is a mecha anime now? What?) was like a set of GIFs in some parts... so so bad >_<

So yah, at first I thought the reviews were just being too harsh, because the first 6 episodes or so are generic and badly written, but still mindlessly entertaining. The second half really devolves into garbage though. I don't recommend this show! Not even worth it for lesbians and fanservice! Stay away!!!
MonogatariLSDApr 26, 2017 7:57 PM
Jul 11, 2017 6:41 PM

May 2016
I don't like the animation 7/10 but is Good action
I don't care
Nov 24, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
Best guy Tamaki lives, kept up with this just for that son of a gun, would watch a anime about Tamaki as MC getting together with his childhood friend. As for taboo tattoo 4/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Feb 22, 2018 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
Seigi always getting pierced.
Tsunderu. lol
Seigi jumps out of the heli.
Dat beast.
Izzy hopping on Blood with the quickness.
Dat kaiju battle.
Dat OP insert song.
Kujuli!!!!
Lisa.
IKE!!!! SEIGI!!!
Tama lives! IKE!!!!
lol at Tom.
She got away?
Why the fuck are you guys celebrating? Touko hasn't been avenged.
Dat president.
What the fuck was that ending?

And that was the end. Can't believe Touko wasn't avenged. I'm pissed. So happy Lisa is safe and Tama is alive. I'll never forget you Touko. You were too fine to die. Also, Tom should hang out with Immortal Robbie.
RobFeb 22, 2018 5:45 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 26, 2018 3:43 AM

Dec 2010
Simply awful. What a waste of time. Was this supossed to be a final battle? It looked like shit. There was no tension and you can barely see anything. I expected some fun fight with Princess being God but she decided to go some kaiju bullshit and thus she has lost.

Awful charaters(BB and Cal were decent...), awful plot(not even a good word about it). Awful comedy bites. Awful ending(nothing is resolved).

What an abomination. This is the extact thing you will get when you order some 13 horny yo to draw a manga. Tits, yuri, plot about destroying world because it is fun, big monster fights, blood, gore, stupid humour, tits.

Worse than Big Order and Mayoiga 2/10.
Mar 6, 2018 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
valvravetruth said:
A bit sad that they didn't show Lisa's fate. In the manga because of injection plus brainwashed, Lisa's mind and body damaged badly, she is now half dead:(

Is it just me, princess voice tone changed when she is losing and i like it XD

This is something like an average or at most fine. Don't mind watching second season if they are making one, its not like it will hurt me or anything. I have all the time in the world:)

its was brainwash by videos or something or just rape bs?

My Candies:

Aug 16, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2020
please continue this taboo tattoo anime, because the ending is still not over
Sep 17, 2020 10:27 PM
Sep 2020
Este desfecho foi mais q orrivel,tá q o anime é mais o menos mas esse final foi aquele impurrao para o abismo ....
Oct 26, 2020 11:00 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
lmao probably the most nutty ending ever lol First half was strong, 2nd half was a mess, but still enjoyed it.

I was hoping there would be more kungfu out of Seigi like the Seigi vs Izzy fight (that was so TRULY AMAZING even if he did lose) and later on up his fighting skills using half kungfu, half tattoo power. In the end though, the fights were really dumbed down by overwhelming tattoo power. The whole killing (revenge) or not killing (hero of justice) he lost more from all that. In the end, he couldn't really kill or protect anyone and just turn kaiju in the end lmfao

Wanted Seigi stronger, but still thought he was cool, I mainly love Izzy, she's real pretty and an awesome girl fighter :)
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2020 10:10 PM
Aug 2018
Wow what a downfall series hahahaha!!! It was cool at first but after that, it was so rushed and full of nonsense events. I was laughing so hard in the last episodes, including this one, completely ignoring the story. Wow and please don’t make a s2, I don’t think it will fix what it did...
Reviewing is not easy.
Jan 22, 2021 2:40 PM
Jan 2021
So who died exactly the ending doesn’t really help especially the epilogue scene
Apr 11, 2021 6:23 PM

Oct 2020
Tamaki was the REAL protagonist of this episode

Apr 12, 2021 12:51 PM

Oct 2020
A bit rushed actually but not bad I think. Like it though. Last battle was cool but too bad that Aryabhata was unable to keep up with Seigi for long in that fight. All happened because of that fool king.

Nov 3, 2021 3:09 AM
Aug 2021
I hope there is a season 2
Feb 17, 2022 8:00 AM
Feb 2022
Wierd ass powers and a good story
Mar 20, 2022 10:27 PM
Apr 2021
aratinga said:
lmao based Tamaki

would watch a 2nd season only for this dude

did you know which chapter i should read after the anime taboo tattoo end
Mar 20, 2022 10:29 PM
Apr 2021
can someone tell me which chapter to read after taboo tattoo anime end
Mar 20, 2022 11:04 PM
Aug 2015
yassir47 said:
aratinga said:
lmao based Tamaki

would watch a 2nd season only for this dude

did you know which chapter i should read after the anime taboo tattoo end

didn't know six years ago where you should start reading and definitely I don't know now
PogChamp
Aug 13, 2022 7:32 AM
Dec 2021
stunks where reclassified from mustalidae to mephiditae.
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Apr 2022
i was expecting it to be so much worse than it was. wasn't good for sure and i didn't like the cgi fight last episode, but at the very least the animation was great and looked way better than most anime in the last 2 years.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

15 by YaGurlSaiyan »»
Sep 6, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.