Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (76) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 10:01 PM

May 2016
Va-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartending Action. 8/10

Loved the aesthetics, atmosphere, music, world building, and characters. What can I say, I'm obviously a sucker for retro games, though this one stood out to me as it wasn't the typical retro-wannabe flavor of indie. Rather, it was inspired, rather than defined by retro gaming, unlike many other indies imo.
Wish it were longer, with actual romance options (though Jill's crush on Dana was adorable, as was Dorothy) Was a pretty enjoyable experience, but not quite perfect. It was a nice change of pace from other cyberpunk genre work, though.
AlisLandaleAug 7, 2016 10:04 PM
Aug 7, 2016 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
I think the Danganronpa games are the last ones I actually finished. 10/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2016 12:32 AM

Oct 2015
policemanking said:
Samii-kun said:

I did whatever I could to get the FD mask before fighting Majora. Though I'm preeeetty sure I went through the Goron trial like, 50 times before succeeding. I have no courage in myself to fight Majora as young Link.

Btw who's your favourite Link transformation? No FD because we all know it's either a hate or love relationship with him ;P

Zora Link. The swimming is so fun, I can easily spend in-game days just swimming around the bay and doing dolphin jumps. Goron Link is also fun with his roll but using him to fight isn't viable because of his slow punches. Deku Link bubbles are too weird so I didn't use him much.

Using Zora Link while fighting Majora is too.. Easy. Like no kidding! I can't believe I bought like 4 stray fairies for this fight! XD
Aug 8, 2016 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Samii-kun said:
policemanking said:

Zora Link. The swimming is so fun, I can easily spend in-game days just swimming around the bay and doing dolphin jumps. Goron Link is also fun with his roll but using him to fight isn't viable because of his slow punches. Deku Link bubbles are too weird so I didn't use him much.

Using Zora Link while fighting Majora is too.. Easy. Like no kidding! I can't believe I bought like 4 stray fairies for this fight! XD

Yeah, the boomerangs are very useful. Still, at least it's harder than fighting with FD, where the fight becomes quite literally "press b to win".

Have you finished the game 100%? Even though I finished the game a long time ago, I'm currently trying to 100% without looking at a guide but some parts of the game are just too obscure. For example, I never knew the mayor's wife would give you a bottle if you directly gave her the letter, I just gave it to the mailman and assumed that it was the only way to do the quest.
Aug 8, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
9/10
The plot and the design are slightly below the level of Episode One but it stills an excellent game, with a fantastic gameplay, like any other game of the series.
Aug 8, 2016 10:35 AM
Jun 2013
YS Oath in Felghana 10/10 ......................
Aug 8, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
Furi

Gameplay - 10/10
Story - 10/10
Dialogue - 10/10
Soundtrack - 11/10
Enjoyment - 10/10

Final score: On a scale of 1 to 10, it's an 11, and I'd give it a 12.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 9, 2016 12:05 AM

Oct 2015
policemanking said:
Samii-kun said:

Yeah, the boomerangs are very useful. Still, at least it's harder than fighting with FD, where the fight becomes quite literally "press b to win".

Have you finished the game 100%? Even though I finished the game a long time ago, I'm currently trying to 100% without looking at a guide but some parts of the game are just too obscure. For example, I never knew the mayor's wife would give you a bottle if you directly gave her the letter, I just gave it to the mailman and assumed that it was the only way to do the quest.

I'm not talkin' about the boomerangs, what I do is, I drink a Chateau Romani and have an unlimited amount of magic, then go to defence mode along with the electrical barrier. I try to stun Majora's Incarnation and Wrath with it at most, and then finish them off with the Great Fairy Sword :p

Yeah, sometimes it's just way too hard for me to find out how to do some quests and get all the stuff I need without a walkthrough. I still need to get a few more heart pieces by getting a perfect in the "Bomb Gallery" at Honey and Darling's, + get a perfect in the Deku Scrub Playground :/

Even the Sheikah Stone doesn't help much, yeah? Too vague to call them hints at all.
Aug 9, 2016 5:11 AM

Dec 2012
I finished Limbo last night. In terms of what a game with its theme and style can do I don't think Limbo failed anywhere, it was a great platformer. I can't find flaws in it, but there's something that made me not enjoy it that much, maybe it was too slow, maybe the fact that I sometimes had to die to figure out what do do next, wondering how you can beat it without dying on your first try (or second, third, etc, you'll probably die anyway at some point). It's a 9/10, most likely. Regardless, awesome platformer. :)
Aug 10, 2016 4:44 AM

Apr 2011
Pokemon Platinum. Likely won't ever be finishing a main Pokemon game with as much of my main team without trading or cheating ever again. Then again, I doubt there's gonna be a Champion that is as big a pain in the ass as Cynthia either. Thank God all she did was spam Mirror Coat with her Milotic. I still had to spend half the time of the other Pokemon reviving (thank God for Hypnotise). Still, the game had problems; mainly the grinding, which is so bad in this. All in all, 7/10.
Aug 10, 2016 4:50 AM
Aug 2016
Yakuza Kiwami

This is how games should be remade. Although the reused animations from the first game looks awkward, and reused fighting styles for most of the bosses and enemies is kinda lazy and it would have been interesting if we could play as Nishiki.

9/10
Aug 10, 2016 7:45 AM

Mar 2015
DRAMAtical Murder. The first one, 9/10. It is pretty good, at the start I was thinking ''please don't have yaoi, please don't rape me'' but it turn into a good story, and there's only these ''scenes'' at the end of every route (well, I don't know for Mink and because of that Ren, because I don't feel like doing his route). It surprised me, and it is a good VN that obviously has yaoi only for the fanservice. I might play Re:Connect for Koujaku and Clear routes.
Also: IIYO.
Aug 14, 2016 9:44 AM

May 2011
Wolfenstein: The New Order - 9.5/10

Great action FPS! John Cena is the man! ;D Can't wait for Old Blood.
Aug 14, 2016 11:19 AM
Aug 2014
The witcher 2, 7/10
the gameplay was much better than in the first game, but some stuff was still off. The art story and characters were awesome, but goddamit its 2016 guys
Implement a fucking autosave function. They learned nothing from the first game in this regard. This tilted me so hard
Aug 14, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
Splinter Cell: Stealth Action Redefined (PS2) - 6.5/10

Probably my least favorite game in the franchise. I have some nice memories with SAR but it's far too linear and doesn't allow the same stealth options and freedom as the games following it. While this is a good sign of how much the series has evolved, it doesn't change how insufferable this game can be. It's still fun to stealthily take out enemies, but I'd prefer it if I could sneak past them without a trace.
Aug 14, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
Super Mario 64 (Played it on the Wii U, but had it on Nintendo 64 a while back) - 8/10

I enjoyed it. That's what counts for me lol.

Aug 15, 2016 3:38 AM

Mar 2015
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki I/Trails of Cold Steel. An easy 10/10, though it's not deserving of a 11 or 12 like the Crossbell games. There are many flaws in the game, and they arguably outweigh the new, positive changes brought into this arc. I'll write a full review once I finish Sen II's prologue...
Aug 15, 2016 3:47 AM

May 2014
Shin Megami Tensei IV. 9/10

Aside from the insane difficulty towards the beginning of the game, the rest was perfect. So glad I picked up Devil Survivor 2(Record Breaker) or I'd never have gotten into this franchise.

The demon fusion system was probably the best part of that game, although I'm also a big fan of the dungeons as well.

Next Stop: The Persona games.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 15, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2016
10/10

Resident evil 6
Aug 15, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2010
Starcraft 2 - Legacy of the Void Campaign

8.5/10

Much better than Heart of the Swarm, but worse than Wings of Liberty.

The start and the plot are incredible, because continues right from Brood War, but the campaign falls a lot and the Protoss powers are overpower.

At all, it's a solid game, but the problem is, we don't have much epic moments or memorable missions.
Vaynard-samaAug 15, 2016 11:23 AM
Aug 16, 2016 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
11/10
Aug 17, 2016 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PS2) - 7.5/10

Definitely a huge step up from the first game, Pandora Tomorrow was my first Splinter Cell and also my first stealth game. It emits nostalgia on every front and that contributes to how endearing it's remained. Although it still doesn't have the vast freedom of its successors, it still allows more emphasis on stealth and approaching the mission as you see fit. I'd say my play style for this one was 75% stealth and 25% soldier.
Aug 19, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
Limbo - 8/10.
Had to play it since a long time and it was worth it, even if a bit short. Didn't give a 10/10 for some little stuff, but spoiler so can't really tell.
Aug 19, 2016 10:53 PM
Aug 2016
Last game I finished was Persona 4 Golden for the second time.
Still holds up at a 9.5/10. Would recommend it to any RPG fan that hasn't played it.
Aug 20, 2016 3:21 AM

Dec 2012
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2) - 9.5/10

My favorite game in the series, Chaos Theory revolutionized the franchise with innovative new ideas as well as vast improvements on core mechanics. Most of the missions are stealth based but still allow plenty of freedom depending on the style you prefer. I also really like how half of the missions are set in Japan and Korea. Hokkaido, Seoul and Panama Bank are my favorites as they embody the best dynamics of the game ranging from sneaking through a private resort in Japan to infiltrating a war zone against all odds. It's always fun to play on Expert and try to achieve 100% scores on each mission, something that only the best ghosts can accomplish.

It also has the best politics in any SC game and Douglas Shetland in particular made it all the more memorable.
Aug 20, 2016 3:35 AM

Sep 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:

My favorite game in the series, Chaos Theory revolutionized the franchise with innovative new ideas as well as vast improvements on core mechanics. Most of the missions are stealth based but still allow plenty of freedom depending on the style you prefer. I also really like how half of the missions are set in Japan and Korea. Hokkaido, Seoul and Panama Bank are my favorites as they embody the best dynamics of the game ranging from sneaking through a private resort in Japan to infiltrating a war zone against all odds. It's always fun to play on Expert and try to achieve 100% scores on each mission, something that only the best ghosts can accomplish.

It also has the best politics in any SC game and Douglas Shetland in particular made it all the more memorable.

So I take it that you would recommend this one the most? It's been a while since I've played a SC game (only the original and Conviction so far), but recently I thought about playing another stealth game. Perhaps I should give this one a go then, especially since the asian setting.
Aug 20, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
RazielZero said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

So I take it that you would recommend this one the most? It's been a while since I've played a SC game (only the original and Conviction so far), but recently I thought about playing another stealth game. Perhaps I should give this one a go then, especially since the asian setting.
It might be a bit different for me since I literally grew up on these games, but I give it my blessing. If you like Conviction but want more stealth, give Blacklist a shot too. It's my second favorite SC game because of that balance of nostalgia for the SC old timers but still innovative and new.
Aug 20, 2016 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:
It might be a bit different for me since I literally grew up on these games, but I give it my blessing. If you like Conviction but want more stealth, give Blacklist a shot too. It's my second favorite SC game because of that balance of nostalgia for the SC old timers but still innovative and new.

Okay, I'll give that a try then as well :P But probably CT first, because...well, Japan :D
Thanks!
Aug 20, 2016 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
Megadimension Neptunia VII on the PC - 7/10

I really love the Neptunia series so I gave it a default 7. This sequel didn't really make me laugh as much as the other games but maybe because I just got used to the jokes lol. The upgraded visual and transformation sequences were awesome though xD
Aug 20, 2016 9:40 PM
Jun 2016
Republique - 8/10.
Decent Graphics, interesting game play and okay puzzles. For some reason I liked the Intell/Info Broker the most.
Aug 22, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
Baldur's Gate EE

It was 8/10.
Played it the second time, first time I played BG was the original version.
Though it's really easy to create a character that will steamroll the entire game, making it awfully easy.
Aug 22, 2016 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
Dangan Ronpa - 8/10 It was fun and I really liked the characters. (well except for the fact that like more than half of them died. :p though still it was cool)
Aug 23, 2016 9:19 AM
Aug 2016
Yakuza 2 - 9/10 it made such massive improvements over the last game. I can see why it's most yakuza fans favourite.
Aug 23, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
Rune Factory (DS) - 7/10 - Basically served as a prototype to the franchise, and by that i mean it brought alot of fresh ideas to the table, especially comming from one who has played a Harvest Moon game in the past, however it leaves alot of these ideas unfinished or unrealized. The characters are a nice touch, however, the interacts were fairly limited in this particular game. There are a few instances of forced padding to artificially drag the game out, which isn't bad, but there wasn't enough secondary padding thus you could hit a wall where you literally had nothing to do (progression wise) for a solid month (ingame) or longer.

The other games in the franchise are something i plan on playing, I already kind of started Rune Factory Frontier, and afterwards i plan on doing II, and III.
Aug 23, 2016 11:45 PM

Nov 2015
I would rate the last game that I finished a 10/10. It's a mobile game called Game of Dice. It's a monopoly board game with a lot of exciting stuff you can do with. Their recent update was Aquamarine Update since it is summer in other countries. You can check out the contents of the update on the link below :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjjSFXul1s
Aug 24, 2016 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
Fire Emblem Awakening 6/10

Started Fates Birthright right away.
Gameplay-wise it's vast improvement.
Aug 24, 2016 6:52 AM
Aug 2016
Yakuza Ishin - 9.5/10 an awesome samurai game! Though it's a but in the grind heavy side, the bosses are terrible(most of them) and you can be pretty overpowered.
Aug 24, 2016 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (PS2) - 9/10

For this playthrough, I chose the worst ending. Felt like a total scumbag as the credits rolled. This game's technical limits were a sure sign that Splinter Cell was finally moving onto the next gen consoles of the time. I still enjoy it a bit more than the Xbox 360's version. It has better missions (especially the final one), stays more faithful to the foundations Chaos Theory laid down for the franchise, and has a far more powerful story of Sam Fisher and the lines that blur as he has to juggle between his psychological trauma, infiltrating a terrorist organization, and deciding which sacrifices to make for the mission.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (X360) - 8.5/10

In contrast to my PS2 playthrough, I chose the best ending. I did everything for the NSA and it made me feel good. While the graphics are leaps and bounds above its PS2 counterpart, it isn't quite as faithful to the core mechanics of the Splinter Cell franchise. The one particular turn off was how light is measured by a green/yellow light on your back. This leads to headache inducing moments where a slight step turns you from well hidden to 100% visible even if you're still in a lighter shadow. Story wise it wasn't as personal or morally ambiguous as the PS2 version, but it still delivers the intensity of being a double agent caught between decisions that can make or break your mission. The atmosphere is incredible but it's missing my favorite mission ever: New York City skyscrapers.
Aug 25, 2016 1:28 AM

Jul 2016
Gravity Rush Remastered [PS4]

Story - 10/10 great story telling, sense of mystery, and turn of events. I LOVED the manga style in the story sequences.
Dialogue - 10/10 awesome interactions between characters that were very well written.
Characters - 12/10 amazing characters, especially the main character Kat.
Gameplay - 12/10 gravity control, navigation, missions, powers/special abilities. All in all a solid 12/10.
World-building - 10/10 Simply amazing, and the design of the different worlds are very interesting and well done. You have complete freedom but you can't get lost, because you can see where to go in the map.
Soundtrack - 9/10 such relaxing soundtrack in the non-action parts that you can listen to all day, and the action soundtracks are good enough.
Enjoyment - 12/10 extremely enjoyable

Total score: 10/10 - would play again and would platinum again.

Can't wait for Gravity Rush 2! (coming December 2, 2016)

I will leave you with a picture of Kat :3

See you next time.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 25, 2016 4:25 AM
Dec 2015
The last game I've finished was Tempest. http://store.steampowered.com/app/418180/

I'll rate it 8 out of 10 as the best modern game about pirates. 'Cuz, really, there is no games at all that can remind of greatest pirate games like Sid Meir's Pirates or Sea dogs.
Tempest, so far, is the best reminder for me. The nostalgic feelings, you know.
Aug 25, 2016 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
Since I've technically finished it, I'll give (for now) a 3/10 to Pokemon Heart Gold. So many people called these two (or four) games the best of the series, that I had my expectations quite high. Unfortunately, it was barely met.

I ran through the Pokemon league with an Espeon for God's sake. I barely used my other 5 Pokemon. Before that, I ran through the gym leaders and barely used more than one Pokemon for them as well and then there's that Dragon gym leader. Fucking give my badge, you bitch. Not to mention Team Rocket is an even bigger joke than the ones from the anime and their new boss is just pathetic.

The end game isn't really proving to be much better either. I'm literally breezing through every gym leader with one-hit knock outs. Hell, I even tried giving them the type advantage and I still one hit knocked out all their Pokemon. Easily the worst of the Pokemon games I've played so far.
Aug 25, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2013
Fire Emblem-Fates (Conquest): 7.5/10- Probably my favourite Gameplay-wise, the story pretty okay, despite the early chapters, the characters however, were pretty annoying with some exceptions
Aug 25, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2016
Last time I played some pokemon game on http://www.friv4online.com/ . There are many small games but I like each and every one. A good way to distract from the problems
Aug 25, 2016 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
King_of_Heretics said:
Fire Emblem-Fates (Conquest): 7.5/10- Probably my favourite Gameplay-wise, the story pretty okay, despite the early chapters, the characters however, were pretty annoying with some exceptions

If you have played other routes, how does it compare?
Aug 25, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2013
DejWo said:
King_of_Heretics said:

If you have played other routes, how does it compare?
I have'nt played the other routes yet, though the general consensus i've heard among most people is that it's the weakes story-wise but better Gameplay-wise (It helps that it's structured similar to the older games in the franchise rather than awakening)
Aug 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2010
Enderal was... alright. The story got boring pretty fast and it kinda felt painful to sit through some dialogue. Other than that, I like some mechanics like the new EXP system.
6/10 could have been better

Aug 25, 2016 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Resident Evil remake remaster. Better than the Resident Evils after 4, but I don't think it's the great game people proclaim it as. I found a lot of it frustrating, tedious and obtuse. I would have given up without a guide. The dialogue was embarrassing.

Played it with the classic aspect ratio and controls, of course. The widescreen option is dumb, as it just cuts off parts of the pictures, and the alternate controls are pointless and wouldn't work as well, making you turn around when you enter a picture.

I finished it on Normal as Jill and saved Barry and Chris.

3/5

Aug 25, 2016 9:21 PM

Feb 2015
Assassin's Creed Syndicate: 7/10
Broken Age: 6/10
Aug 27, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2012
Splinter Cell: Conviction - 6/10

It's decent if you treat it like a stand alone bit of casual fun. It's absolute trash as a Splinter Cell. It strips away all of the core mechanics that defined the franchise and the only ones they did keep were watered down & grossly oversimplified. Mark and Execute had to be one of the worst ideas because once again, it looks cool but it sets the game up to require full throttle interaction with enemies. While the narrative is very smooth and pulls you in, it plays out too much like a Michael Bay Hollywood action flick. The story is a mixed bag of mostly nauseating plot twists that completely undermine the past four games at every opportunity.

Conviction was set to come out in 2007 but postponed until 2010 because the new director, Maxime Beland, wanted to scrap it for his new vision of Splinter Cell. Instead of listening to the fans and ardent stealth community, he insisted that the game had been too slow and dull for his tastes. So throw in a few dozens explosions and a bunch of heavy expletives and voila, you've got a game that bears 0 resemblance to its predecessors.

But with all of that said, the fast paced, 100% lethal style still captures Sam Fisher's wrath well. It was also this radical renaissance of the game that led to the pristine balance of stealth and style: Splinter Cell Blacklist. One of my favorite games.
Aug 27, 2016 6:50 AM

Aug 2015
Tales from the Borderlands

9/10
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Pages (76) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you have a game where you go back every so often to get your fill?

Kodreyu - 1 hour ago

1 by tinshard »»
19 minutes ago

» Has one of your favorite online games died?

NothingFound - Oct 13

28 by Euroflieger »»
34 minutes ago

» How old is your computer? ( 1 2 3 4 )

CastletonSnob - Mar 12, 2021

162 by Shima_Rei »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Are you in any video-game comunity?

Zakatsuki_ - Oct 5

26 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Yesterday, 4:06 AM

» What's the most obscure game you've ever played?

karioka- - Aug 16

35 by Morningstar991 »»
Yesterday, 1:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.