Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
That...ending (just before the credits). My god. O_O I just _love_ the way that it was directed. The score, the animation, the voice acting, heck even the way the credits played was just so darn dramatic (and I mean that in a good way).

As far as violence is concerned...while this was brutal, I don't think that it was any more brutal than anything that we've scene already. But it was the emotion that made it that much more intense. These are this shows true colors, huh? I'm scared. I might be an adult, but I need another one.

Also, on a more serious note, Subaru's eyes at the end. Those were very intense. I had to do a double take when I saw them. I feel nothing but worry though. Those are the eyes of determination, but that doesn't change the fact that he still isn't very powerful. And it would take years of loops to get to a point where he could even remotely stand a chance against these guys. Just because he's mad, that doesn't change the fact that he's still powerless. And I think this show is going to teach us all that lesson very soon.
Jul 11, 2016 1:05 PM
May 2015
MyPen said:
As a silent reader who rejoiced with just reading peoples thought and opinion, i cant restrain myself to comment how powerful this week's episode

So far from episode 01-15 it was all written nicely, nothing out of character like some mimor says, the plot put all together into one swing an BAM! pure awesomeness

people who badmouth this masterpiece just some creature who dont fully pay attention to the story or some kids who dont mature enough to understand the complexity
Let them badmouth this show. I like reading their worthless opinions and I get a good laugh out of it. Plus, they're in the minority so you don't have to worry much about them.

Jul 11, 2016 1:08 PM
Aug 2014
This episodes discussion is really crowded. Nearing 1500 replies. I just checked the #1 in popularity (death note) finale discussion and it had about 800, and something popular that aired not long ago (One-Punch Man #33) and all of the episodes had about 700.
Is this the most discussed episode on MAL?

Arachnophobic said:
I envy those people who will discover this anime in the future and will be able to marathon through the whole thing in one go. The waiting is torture, especially now that it seems we'll really get some answers about the Witch and her intentions.

The ending, it was unforgettable indeed.

On the other hand, the longing for the next episode each week and watching it simultaneously with a lot of other people is a unique experience itself :P Im personally able to enjoy it like this even more, the waiting really is a pain though
Jul 11, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Fuck it all. This is the real shit.
Easiest 10/10 in my life.
I desperatly want to marathon it but also I dont want to wait!
I feel so goddamn glad that I can be a witness to this glory.

The OST and animation in this episode was on point. Pretty much like always. And the plot .. If a studio cuts the intro and outro to fit in more plot you know its worth it!

Considering I know how frakking OP Reinhardt is - I want subaru to beg him on his knees to safe them all. Again.

Considering the next season will probably take forever to air I better start learning japanese. I wont wait for that shit.
I have work to do.

edit - If not for Steins;Gate then Studio white fox got a special place in my heart with this one. Right next to Shaft and Gainax, my Top 3 Studios are now completed.
This episode has already more vots then steins gate finale. What will we get at the end of the journey? Wow. Im speechless.
Comander-07Jul 11, 2016 1:25 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 11, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2007
So Subaru is some kind heavy twisted existance? He has protection of the witch....he is probably Pride sin...but what if he is Wrath at the same time too?
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 11, 2016 1:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
leNerd said:
This episodes discussion is really crowded. Nearing 1500 replies. I just checked the #1 in popularity (death note) finale discussion and it had about 800, and something popular that aired not long ago (One-Punch Man #33) and all of the episodes had about 700.
Is this the most discussed episode on MAL?

Arachnophobic said:
I envy those people who will discover this anime in the future and will be able to marathon through the whole thing in one go. The waiting is torture, especially now that it seems we'll really get some answers about the Witch and her intentions.

The ending, it was unforgettable indeed.

On the other hand, the longing for the next episode each week and watching it simultaneously with a lot of other people is a unique experience itself :P Im personally able to enjoy it like this even more, the waiting really is a pain though

It has more 5/5's than the last episode of Code Geass as of now, that's what i saw.
Jul 11, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
-Stray said:
Hongu said:

However, I do have a problem with Betelgeuse. I know he's supposed to be deranged and over the top and make you feel scared and uncomfortable, but he was seriously TOO spastic. I didn't even really feel scared, he was just funny to me and he made me laugh. Maybe I'll just have to wait for the subs, but seriously he was like an Akame ga Kill villain or something. For now though, he's an effective villain I guess...

Gotta agree with that fcking bastard not being scary at all, he was more like the Joker than anything, probably because of the VA, yes Matsunaga is good but he's voiced a lot of funny characters and that destroys it, the VA should have had a deep and dark voice, Sugita could have probably done a better job, he's voiced a lot of bad guys before.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think that the Joker would be the best example to illustrate the point that you're trying to present. Simply because the Joker does not mess around. He might be over the top, but he is just so darn psychotic that it doesn't matter. I don't think I've ever laughed at the Joker for being over-dramatic in my entire life, especially after having read up on some of the things that he did in the comics.

I'm also not quite sure if Sugita Tomokazu would fit the part properly. Sure, he has played evil characters before, but I don't think that I've quite seen him this crazy before, and also, I think his voice might be a bit too deep. This is all a matter of opinion, but I think that Matsuoka fits the part quite well. We're laughing at Betelguese now, but I think things will change as the story goes on.
Jul 11, 2016 1:29 PM
Jan 2016
Why doesn't Subaru just ask Reinhardt to help him
Jul 11, 2016 1:30 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
4061453 said:

Too much ''pride''
Jul 11, 2016 1:32 PM

May 2015
I NEVER KNEW THERE COULD BE SOMETHING MORE TRAGIC THAN KANEKI

subaru is the new tragedy confirmed
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Jul 11, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2016
Man my heart beat waaaaay high when i saw the episode was out today!! xD
The hype is real!!! And this is one Creepy fucking, xD hooooooly father satan save me!

Diffidently got a screw lose.. Fucking loco!!Seriously this episode was nuts crazy epic! theres no word for this episode! Also was that a very mean giant Puck?!..
Man the feels tho... ;_; seriously made my cry real bad seeing Rem crawl to Subaru.. Fucking feel over 9000, Am i the only thinking Anime of the Year!!!
Dead_By_HeartJul 11, 2016 1:52 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 11, 2016 1:44 PM
Jan 2016
Incredible Episode
11 / 10
Jul 11, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
Akanoshi_ said:

subaru is the new tragedy confirmed

A true tragic hero

If someone hasn't added him to TV Tropes, then it needs to happen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
Holy, that was crazy dark. If this anime keeps up its quality, it might become one of my favourites.
Jul 11, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
just...what the fuck......this episode is incredibly awesome, Matsuoka's voice acting just too insane.....
Jul 11, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode could have easily been a season finale they're generous
Jul 11, 2016 2:10 PM
May 2011
On_the_Lam said:
MyPen said:

Well, this anime should be tagged "mature" cause how deep the story is.

Hater just cant understand the plot

What the fuck is there to understand with how little there's been revealed until now?

The plot obviously "zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu=starting a daily life in another world from zero" you start a brand new life from another paralel world from scratch.

Serious joke aside😂 actually it was pretty clear this show is slow paced like how steins gate traditional route, build up the character, turn audiences to attached for the characters, while at the same time destroy the mainstream of these past generic and cliche anime trophe which is out of the box like konosuba, though konosuba take the comedy way. While this one use serious way

Fappa said:
Lolimancer said:
Holy fucking shit. I can't even think of anything else to say.
Welcome to Re:Zero's true face. Now we're getting into the real deal.

If this is Re:Zero's true face, then this series is definitely going the route I was hoping it wouldn't.[/quote]

Well. Prepare yourself, need to harden your mentality stats
Jul 11, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Harrymanhunter said:
As expected, the Anime degraded into mindless EDGE EDGE AND EDGE with deaths in the most gruesome ways merely to induce shock factor. The shitty plot device of time resets which is just a get out of jail for free pass continues to kill any sort of tension. Sigh, it's too late for this Anime it seems. And the fact that people call Subaru a great character whose merits are that he's ''realistic'', has ''great voice acting''. Sigh, just terrible.

Yay, there's more people who understand what actually connotes absurdity with horrible plot direction and grossly hyperbolized obscenity.
Jul 11, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2012
This episode renewed my interest, but we'll see how the rest of the series goes. For those interested in analyzing the show, here are some of my thoughts:

Jul 11, 2016 2:20 PM
Feb 2016
This is now my favourite anime. And in my eyes, arguably one of the best to date. Obviously that debate falls into hedonistic preference.

But like i said, new favourite.
Jul 11, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
Smudy said:
4061453 said:

Too much ''pride''

This couldn't be further from the truth. Pride doesn't matter to Subaru anymore when the people he cares most about are dying, over and over again.

As for the real reason why Subaru doesn't ask Reinhard's help, you'll find out soon enough.

There's also the fact that Reinhard is practically a walking plot device, useful for saving the day when there are no cards left to play. Imagine playing an rpg and having a level 100 character in your party when all your enemies are level 10. That's how OP Reinhard is, and why he isn't featured very prominently in the story.
Jul 11, 2016 2:26 PM
May 2011
jc9622 said:
MyPen said:
As a silent reader who rejoiced with just reading peoples thought and opinion, i cant restrain myself to comment how powerful this week's episode

So far from episode 01-15 it was all written nicely, nothing out of character like some mimor says, the plot put all together into one swing an BAM! pure awesomeness

people who badmouth this masterpiece just some creature who dont fully pay attention to the story or some kids who dont mature enough to understand the complexity
Let them badmouth this show. I like reading their worthless opinions and I get a good laugh out of it. Plus, they're in the minority so you don't have to worry much about them.

Just look at the score

8.67 > 8.74

And current

2812 votes 5/5 for this episode

Im also the one who laugh sarcasmly whenever i found some stupid unreasonable clueless statement🐴
Jul 11, 2016 2:33 PM
Aug 2015
MyPen said:

I doubt it will have the same emotional impact as, say, Fate/Zero's second season or Attack on Titan, honestly. I can't take Subaru seriously, and neither can I take the people who adore him for very few reasons seriously.
Jul 11, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
Judgment526 said:
Smudy said:

Too much ''pride''

This couldn't be further from the truth. Pride doesn't matter to Subaru anymore when the people he cares most about are dying, over and over again.

As for the real reason why Subaru doesn't ask Reinhard's help, you'll find out soon enough.

There's also the fact that Reinhard is practically a walking plot device, useful for saving the day when there are no cards left to play. Imagine playing an rpg and having a level 100 character in your party when all your enemies are level 10. That's how OP Reinhard is, and why he isn't featured very prominently in the story.

I dont rly know what you will happen. But I too think its not rly couse of pride. I just think that Reinhard and well others rly mistook something about Subaru...something crucial why he did what he did. But i my be overthinking it.
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 11, 2016 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
I definitely teared up when Rem got strung up. Despite her best efforts she was not able to save him. However, Betelguese was wrong. Her feelings did reach Subaru, and that made me even more profoundly moved.

When the episode ended and he came back I only had a few thoughts in my mind.

BUT HE REFUSED SUBARU, IS FILLED WITH DETERMINATION
Jul 11, 2016 2:40 PM
May 2011
Dead_By_Heart said:
The hype is real!!! And this is one Creepy fucking, xD hooooooly father satan save me!

Diffidently got a screw lose.. Fucking loco!!Seriously this episode was nuts crazy epic! theres no word for this episode! Also was that a very mean giant Puck?!..
Man the feels tho... ;_; seriously made my cry real bad seeing Rem crawl to Subaru.. Fucking feel over 9000, Am i the only thinking Anime of the Year!!!

Yeah it was puck

Been coincidentally saw you marathoned the show from 1st episode discussion till now. Wow gud job, here some troph🏆

Btw that abomination is ur beloved kirito who stuck into this world and metamorph into sloth and change his name to Betelguese after suffered from the vacancy of Asuna. 😈
Jul 11, 2016 2:42 PM
May 2013
Rem death -- no... :(
Rem's body gets twisted the wrong way -- what the actual fuck?
Rem and her mangled body limp crawls to Subaru -- i cried...that is some mother fucking dedication there.
anime_master111Jul 11, 2016 2:47 PM
Jul 11, 2016 2:46 PM

Jun 2010
The episode was great! The music was also very sad and made Ren's death way more touching.
I really can't wait to see the next episode. I kept a small break after the episode 8 so I can watch more in one day, but now I'm dying here because I'll have to wait more. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2011
Damn this episode was amazing!
Everything was 10/10. Rem is just so amazing and this episode made me see Subaru in a new light. The characterization of these characters are amazing, and Betelgeuse was terrifying. Can't wait until the next episode.
Jul 11, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
astralkill00 said:
DuoraDoll said:
the witch cult leader guy was a total psycho, in fact, I don't think I have ever seen someone that psychotic looking before. Good episode, aside from how physical hurt I am.

Do you mean mentally hurt, because I am.

When Betelgeuse told Subaru that he was "Pride" and Betelgeuse was "Sloth", I just thought of something wonderful (I didn't read the manga so...) There were many kinds of ranking in their witches occults and one of them is " Sloth = Betelguese " and he has the power to manipulate "Invisible Hands???" and killed Rem. As he said earlier, Subaru is "Pride" but Subaru doesn't have their "occults book" and thats more likely why he spared Subaru's life and then Subaru died from a mysterious creature just appeared in the top floor of their Castle. Isn't that great, so the question is, what power do you have Subaru???!?! xD

in ep 8, beatrice say. the witch devour all other six witches who bore the names of deadly sin. and now we know subaru is pride. and he will devour other sins and became jealous witch hahaha

Jul 11, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
On_the_Lam said:
MyPen said:

I doubt it will have the same emotional impact as, say, Fate/Zero's second season or Attack on Titan, honestly. I can't take Subaru seriously, and neither can I take the people who adore him for very few reasons seriously.

Can you state those reasons, or at least some of them? I'm curious
Jul 11, 2016 2:56 PM
Aug 2014
Anyone know how the rating of the show was 2 days ago?
Im kinda interested in how people changed their rating after this
Jul 11, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Dead_By_Heart said:

Now you can suffer with us for the wait of the next episode :)
Jul 11, 2016 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
leNerd said:
Anyone know how the rating of the show was 2 days ago?
Im kinda interested in how people changed their rating after this

As someone else said, it went from 8.67 to 8.74.
Jul 11, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
In few the episodes before this, I thought the show was really dropping in quality and I was considering dropping it even though I really enjoyed the first several episodes. But then this absolute masterpiece dropped and I'm hooked again. It was such an amazing episode through and through. Everything was done superbly and the ending was perfect.
Jul 11, 2016 3:09 PM
Mar 2016
OMG, Subaru has gone completely cuckoo, and how the fuck was Rem able to still breath and move when that Witch Cult guy has snapped her neck by turning it 360 degrees? I don't know about you guys , but when that happens you're dead instantly.
Jul 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
iRels said:
Keltrick said:

Thank goodness there's someone else who understands how absolutely horrible this episode was.

Someone that can't take honesty. You should've been thankful that the show has shown you so much. Unlike other anime that 'tone it down'.

You seem to be under the naive but false impression that the more sadistic/gory/insane/intense a plot becomes, the more "revealing" or "realistic" it becomes. This is never acceptable without appropriate humanity, and a logical and coherent flow of emotions that the audience can identify with and find "horrifying" as a result of the loss of precious life and a beloved character because they're gone forever...

However...because the MC is resurrected time and time again, repeating the same mistakes, and devolving more and more into madness as a result, rather than seeking stronger communication with his close friends, Rem and Emilia, instead opts to forego social interaction altogether. He, as a result, ends up wallowing in his madness and despair in a pitiful and almost disgusting manner that I found laughable for anyone with any common decency or even an ounce of intelligence to actually sympathize with a degenerate themselves.

The worst part is the author purposely uses a recursive "Witch's Curse" plot device to prevent Subaru from further strengthening his relationship with the girls. Why? The closer they're able to become with one and other, the more impactful blood, gore, and death can actually become in terms of both horror and romance between the characters. AND ON TOP OF THAT, Subaru being able to come back to life absolutely kills ANY tension or horror of the characters being killed in the first place! It turns into a mindless slaughter, and Subaru only sees it as such because he, again, REFUSES to seek alternative options!

It's amateur hogwash.
KeltrickJul 11, 2016 3:35 PM
Jul 11, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2013
holy shit. (too bad you need to type 15 characters for a post on MAL)
Jul 11, 2016 3:18 PM
May 2011
On_the_Lam said:
MyPen said:

You may not or may like him in the future. Subaru's real character is dark, pathetic, retard, "prideful", obsessive, kind, cheerful, honest, forgiving, etc-etc

Human cannot transform into titan neither using gate of babylon.

So far Subaru really is a despicable HUMAN, people who treat other people as NPC is annoying, a stranger acting like has some kind of magic then casting to u is retarded as hell.

In reality there are exist people like that called

otaku.

(Or in my opinion i called them overdelusional mental illusionist super obsessive)
Many type of otaku, subaru is the OTAKU GAMER type who prefer game than reality, in real world he is chained and cannot outburst his delusional to some stranger. If he has friend with the same wave he might can express his love to game to his friend without shame like how this discussion thread being lovey dovey to our beloved animes. But ups! He is hikikomori, a loner, he dont have friend, so he keep this hobby inside himself, hide it from his true self.

And suddenly he transported to another dimension, it was like dream come true! And finally he outburst and express his imagination and think himself as main character of Kindom Hearts😀 without knowing that this another dimension is another HARSH REALITY😈+magic

So yeah he is unlikable but hey this is why this show really realistic and out of the box. And there is always

-Character Development-😃
Jul 11, 2016 3:20 PM
Aug 2015
Veldin461 said:
On_the_Lam said:

Can you state those reasons, or at least some of them? I'm curious

1. The main character is retarded
2. ???

The whole series plays out like a VN, and at the exact moment something is about to get revealed Subaru dies and you have to relive everything again and it gets tiring. Sort of like Higurashi, but that's a different topic since Higurashi is actually based on a VN.

I think it all comes down to how the story is executed though. For now, I think this is Re:Zero's second biggest flaw (just behind Subaru). An anime isn't a VN and I don't want it to be one, and the way Re:Zero is executed doesn't leave much room for fluid narration.

Not sure if I'm clear enough, though...
Jul 11, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
Well, well... i don't know what to think~

But,

Peltegeuse:

Best.Sickest.Character.Seiyu(s).Eva.

Da Star of the show.-nanodesu~

Epilogue:

Anyway, it's kinda regrettable that's the show do everything in a overdone way.
Jul 11, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
redstormer said:
i knew it! It was kirito all along

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GG exactly what i thought, he stole the show!

Akanoshi_ said:

Trageneki-kun.
Tragebaru-kun!

MyPen said:
Serious joke aside😂 actually it was pretty clear this show is slow paced like how steins gate traditional route, build up the character, turn audiences to attached for the characters

Yea like steinsgate and higurashi, they cover up the mystery for most of the show but a bit awkward with re:zero. It's not what i'd call slowpace since every ep has his shocku-dayo event but if by slow pace you meant "I still don't know the slighest shit about this messed world but know how to do the laundry" it's not normal.

while at the same time destroy the mainstream of these past generic and cliche anime trophe which is out of the box like konosuba, though konosuba take the comedy way. While this one use serious way

It only switch the tropes, overdramatization isn't that much of a good fresh air.
Lap1Jul 11, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 11, 2016 3:24 PM
Jun 2012
Am I the only one pissed that Subaru has not managed to think of a Deadman's switch yet!? Fuck they had to pull that bullshit with Rem somehow living through that twisted mess to free him. Do you know what would be better? If Subaru could actually free his own fucking ass or become the freaking broken character his ability gives him the potential to be. Seriously give Subaru some type of poison to keep in his mouth to allow him to reset whenever he wishes. He could learn swordsmanship and magical ability in two days regular time but what would be years for him. There are few things worse than a character winning the super powered lottery just for them to be too stupid to use it correctly.

Also just a guess but it seems like the Witch's power gets a stronger hold when he does reset. So maybe if he did my method something bad would happen.
Jul 11, 2016 3:26 PM
Aug 2015
MyPen said:
On_the_Lam said:

You may not or may like him in the future. Subaru's real character is dark, pathetic, retard, "prideful", obsessive, kind, cheerful, honest, forgiving, etc-etc

So far Subaru really is a despicable HUMAN, people who treat other people as NPC is annoying, a stranger acting like has some kind of magic then casting to u is retarded as hell.

otaku.

(Or in my opinion i called them overdelusional mental illusionist super obsessive)
Many type of otaku, subaru is the OTAKU GAMER type who prefer game than reality, in real world he is chained and cannot outburst his delusional to some stranger. If he has friend with the same wave he might can express his love to game to his friend without shame like how this discussion thread being lovey dovey to our beloved animes. But ups! He is hikikomori, a loner, he dont have friend, so he keep this hobby inside himself, hide it from his true self.

And suddenly he transported to another dimension, it was like dream come true! And finally he outburst and express his imagination and think himself as main character of Kindom Hearts😀 without knowing that this another dimension is another HARSH REALITY😈+magic

So yeah he is unlikable but hey this is why this show really realistic and out of the box. And there is always

-Character Development-😃

Learn the difference between likable and unrealistic trash. Subaru goes from happy-go-lucky to depressed psycho to determined hero in a matter of minutes.
Jul 11, 2016 3:32 PM
Aug 2015
Caimthehero said:
Am I the only one pissed that Subaru has not managed to think of a Deadman's switch yet!? Fuck they had to pull that bullshit with Rem somehow living through that twisted mess to free him. Do you know what would be better? If Subaru could actually free his own fucking ass or become the freaking broken character his ability gives him the potential to be. Seriously give Subaru some type of poison to keep in his mouth to allow him to reset whenever he wishes. He could learn swordsmanship and magical ability in two days regular time but what would be years for him. There are few things worse than a character winning the super powered lottery just for them to be too stupid to use it correctly.

Also just a guess but it seems like the Witch's power gets a stronger hold when he does reset. So maybe if he did my method something bad would happen.

They're not smart enough to think of a compelling story. I'd actually enjoy it more if it were more psychotic and violent, though. People are praising it because of a few broken bones (and elitists are calling this edgy for some reason when it's almost harmless) and a cliched annoying villain you've seen in many other anime. Just... stop.
Jul 11, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
On_the_Lam said:
Caimthehero said:

They're not smart enough to think of a compelling story. I'd actually enjoy it more if it were more psychotic and violent, though. People are praising it because of a few broken bones (and elitists are calling this edgy for some reason when it's almost harmless) and a cliched annoying villain you've seen in many other anime. Just... stop.

I'm definitely not calling it "edgy." If anything, it's absurdly amateurish the direction both the author and director have taken the light novel and anime. The reason it irks my ire so much is because swathes of people praise this rubbish like it's a masterwork of human art for the inherent reasons it has devolved into amateurism (see my previous posts for the complete argument.) All the clamoring of this show confirms to me is the totality of the general audience isn't educated enough to understand how pathetically ridiculous and mindboggling this anime has become.
Jul 11, 2016 3:54 PM
May 2011
Lap1 said:

MyPen said:
Serious joke aside😂 actually it was pretty clear this show is slow paced like how steins gate traditional route, build up the character, turn audiences to attached for the characters

Yea like steinsgate and higurashi, they cover up the mystery for most of the show but a bit awkward with re:zero. It's not what i'd call slowpace since every ep has his shocku-dayo event but if by slow pace you meant "I still don't know the slighest shit about this messed world but know how to do the laundry" it's not normal.

That's why called it serious joke, the title made people think this is a slice of life, e.g gakkou gurashi(school-live) which was trolling but true, they are indeed live in school. so is rezero, a daily life trolling suffering ecperience.

while at the same time destroy the mainstream of these past generic and cliche anime trophe which is out of the box like konosuba, though konosuba take the comedy way. While this one use serious way

It only switch the tropes, overdramatization isn't that much of a good fresh air.[/quote]

O-ok i kinda clueless with this overdramatize, do u mean me or the show?
Jul 11, 2016 4:09 PM
Jun 2016
The monster at the end is puck because on his ear we can see a ring,like puck
Jul 11, 2016 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
hoopla123 said:
lmao this shit was hilarious.

Some real fucking edgy shit fam.

But it gets worse ^_^.

Laughed so hard at the edge bishop/priest or w/e.

How can you take this shit seriously.

You and me need to watch this episode together. Hopefully we won't choke and die while eating popcorn and laughing about how retarded one can make an episode before it devolves into mush.
Jul 11, 2016 4:14 PM
May 2011
On_the_Lam said:
MyPen said:

otaku.

-Character Development-😃

Learn the difference between likable and unrealistic trash. Subaru goes from happy-go-lucky to depressed psycho to determined hero in a matter of minutes.

This series wont have 100+ episode like detective conan, thus squeezed into 25 episode. They cannot portray too many minor detail with this small amount of time.

At this point, the one who need to understand and accept the fact is the audience. Look at SAO, if u read the novel, there are so many stuff and detail cut down resulted as what we see today but it still supet popular. Why? Because the jpanese itself who buy it knows this consuquences and accept the fact.

Not gonna talk more about SAO, so Rezero itself are one but this one is pretty faithful and the amount looks right to me and some majority who like the shows, especially the source reader. Im satisfied and its not really that out of no where.

Have fun friend, just enjoy it
Pages (42) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1723 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

726 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

588 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Merve2Love »»
May 25, 7:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.