Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2009 7:38 AM

Nov 2007
Mephz said:
horrible episode. Haruhi season two is worse than asura cryin and that's saying much

dude we heard you the first 10 times on thsi thread
Aug 8, 2009 7:46 AM

Jul 2009
game8910 said:
Mephz said:
horrible episode. Haruhi season two is worse than asura cryin and that's saying much

dude we heard you the first 10 times on thsi thread
he has been whining since forever....
Aug 8, 2009 8:33 AM

Feb 2009
Ahww, it ended already? :(
Aug 8, 2009 9:48 AM

Dec 2007
Osaka117 said:
Did anyone stop to think what it's going to be like NOT having an EE episode next week? After having the same episode play 8 times in a row, its gonna be weird having new content.

Well, I say this with no sarcasm whatsoever that Im going to miss EE. Yeah, I said it, Ill miss it. Sure Ill enjoy new content, but still, it grew on me, and I even started to really enjoy it near the end. I especially enjoyed the subtle differences in each episode, small and insignificant as they were. I also really liked in the last few eps the voice actors started to make fun of EE and themselves by saying their lines in different tones and in weird ways, it was pretty funny. So go ahead, call me a hopeless Haruhi fanboy numbnuts if you will, I dont care.

RIP EE

Are you actually, for real, saying that you prefer so notice subtle differences over actually watching a story?

Really? >_>'
Aug 8, 2009 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Volbla said:
Osaka117 said:
Did anyone stop to think what it's going to be like NOT having an EE episode next week? After having the same episode play 8 times in a row, its gonna be weird having new content.

Well, I say this with no sarcasm whatsoever that Im going to miss EE. Yeah, I said it, Ill miss it. Sure Ill enjoy new content, but still, it grew on me, and I even started to really enjoy it near the end. I especially enjoyed the subtle differences in each episode, small and insignificant as they were. I also really liked in the last few eps the voice actors started to make fun of EE and themselves by saying their lines in different tones and in weird ways, it was pretty funny. So go ahead, call me a hopeless Haruhi fanboy numbnuts if you will, I dont care.

RIP EE

Are you actually, for real, saying that you prefer so notice subtle differences over actually watching a story?

Really? >_>'

Do I "PREFER" something like this over a real story? Of course not, who would? Did I actually end up enjoying EE in the end, even though it literally was the same episode 8 times in row? Yes, yes I did. And I dont know why, so dont ask.

Aug 8, 2009 10:40 AM

Oct 2008
i thought the ending was great, i don't know if it was sit through eight episodes great, but watching haruhi shouting at kyon after he tries to tell everyone to come over to do homework. it ended like a series ending. i hope it gets much better from here on out. i'll miss denwa. :-)
Aug 8, 2009 10:50 AM
May 2009
twinkythebear said:
I lauged, I cried, I screamed for joy. Epic. It's unfortunate that so many people pussied out and missed one of the great TV experiences of all time. I watched every episode start to finish, without knowing the end. When Kyon actually said something to Haruhi as she was walking out was magical. I love this arc.

Maybe I'm the only one here who agrees with you. :)
Aug 8, 2009 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
Well, so the whole Problem was, that Haruhi herself probably didn't finish the damn homework, but was to pround to tell anybody? I somewhat expected the HW to play a role in the solution, but after she declared, she had already finished it (and being the good student she is, I really believed her) I got confused....

I am glad, that it ended. In retroperspective Endless Eight is probably really innovative and good, but while it lasted and I waited for new plot, I quickly grew irritated. I will probably watch it again in the future and look for details.
Aug 8, 2009 1:13 PM

Sep 2007
ivy2005 said:
Well, so the whole Problem was, that Haruhi herself probably didn't finish the damn homework, but was to pround to tell anybody?

No, she really did her homework in one go before this mess started. During the meet, she was playing games with Kyon's sister because she had no homework to do.
Aug 8, 2009 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
I saw that, but Kyon said, they should share the workload. So this would explain why not everybody was working in the scene.

Well, for me it would be the only logic conclusion, that Haruhi still had HW to do, why would she otherwise feel like she missed something in the summer and be satisfied with watching the others do their HW?
Aug 8, 2009 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
i think why Haruhi didnt end the loop was because Kyon (and all the others) never REALLY told her what they really wanted to do during the summer vacation. (it is not necessarily the homework, i guess if they actively participate in making the plan-list for those 2 weeks at first place, the loop wouldnt have started....)
Aug 8, 2009 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
But Asahina did participate in the planing! Well, with one detail. But maybe she really wanted Kyon to say something, so this probably has to be enough of an explanation *sigh*
Aug 8, 2009 2:06 PM
Jan 2009
KyoAni is going for the Microsoft approach on this one. That is to say, produce a product that is perceived to be of inferior quality and then follow up with a new product that is markedly better. Instant contrast. Naturally the 'better' product will seem light years better than what preceded it. I'm really only using this to illustrate an example and am not really taking a stab at Vista or Endless Eight... I'm serious.
Aug 8, 2009 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
I bet Kadokawa and Kyoani will troll us again and in the next week we'll hear:

"Nanika ga okashii." Something was strange.
"Kyon-kun, Kyon,
asagohan!" breakfast!

And the Disappearance Arc will start.
Aug 8, 2009 2:52 PM

Apr 2008
I guessed to myself that the homework was the key in the beginning of the arc and confirmed it when I read the ending to the novel version instead of waiting 2 months, but it finally ends!
Aug 8, 2009 4:47 PM

Aug 2007
Even while knowing that it ended here, I watched every single one of the previous episodes. I feel like I was viciously violated. And I even teared up when Kyon finally said something to Haruhi. If it hadn't lasted this long, I'm sure that moment would have meant a lot more. But overall, it was absolutely ridiculous and stupid.
Aug 8, 2009 4:55 PM
May 2009
My interpretation of this story has always been that Haruhi was quite pleased with how things went. They were stuck on a red herring, "What is it that Haruhi feels is unfulfilled?" The problem was, in fact, that she was so happy with the Summer that she didn't want it to end. Kyon's outburst and the following homework day were both annoying to Haruhi on many levels, and made summer less-than-perfect. Thus, life could go on, and the whole damn thing could end.
Aug 8, 2009 5:12 PM

Jun 2009
I thought the "solution" was pretty hilarious, I was laughing my ass off. Especially at Haruhi's reaction.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 8, 2009 5:20 PM

Apr 2009
same here
usasoldiern said:
Osaka117 said:

RIP EE

This. I agree wholeheartedly.
same here i loved the ee ^^
Aug 8, 2009 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
ivy2005 said:
I saw that, but Kyon said, they should share the workload. So this would explain why not everybody was working in the scene.

Well, for me it would be the only logic conclusion, that Haruhi still had HW to do, why would she otherwise feel like she missed something in the summer and be satisfied with watching the others do their HW?

Haruhi had already done her homework, but she was the only one who had completed the whole thing. So she lent her completed homework to the others for copying, and she got to play games with Kyon's sister. I think that the homework session wasn't really something she was planning on, but it gave the summer a definite conclusion and prepared everyone (Haruhi included) for returning to school.
If you're reading this, you must not be illiterate.

Aug 8, 2009 7:30 PM
Aug 2009
Endless 8 is finally over!
Aug 8, 2009 9:54 PM

Dec 2007
*claps* Congratulations. I finally figured out why you kept this arc running for so long. Endless Eight arc and eight episodes of the same crap. Congrats, really. (((:

BUT IN OTHER NEWS, I'M SO HAPPY IT'S OVER!
Aug 8, 2009 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
sakura_haruko said:
*claps* Congratulations. I finally figured out why you kept this arc running for so long. Endless Eight arc and eight episodes of the same crap. Congrats, really. (((:

BUT IN OTHER NEWS, I'M SO HAPPY IT'S OVER!

After the frustration of the repeating episodes -- the end was all the more sweeter.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 8, 2009 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
YES.
Aug 8, 2009 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
YAY..sigh..now we the rest of the series.
Aug 8, 2009 11:37 PM

Mar 2009
Thank god this ended, finally. Now we get to move on with the season!
Aug 9, 2009 2:02 AM

Feb 2009
If they end series on this, I will laugh. Seriously-it will be evil, yet good joke.
Aug 9, 2009 5:24 AM

Jan 2008
paskyx said:
I found this on youtube i dont know if you have seen it already but omfg i snapped myself, its too freaking funny.

I dont give a flying fuck about Haruhi but have been chuckling at how its treated its fans this season, then I checked out this youtube and laughed my head off, genius subbing.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 9, 2009 6:14 AM

May 2009
FUCK! AT LAST, IT'S OVER!!!!!

Aug 9, 2009 6:44 AM

Feb 2008
you guys still watches it even with the ridiculous amount of complaints. That's sad.

Aug 9, 2009 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
As much as I'm relieved that EE is finally over, I'm displeased that they didn't show us some of the other variations in the SOS Brigades summer activities. If they could have at least shown us some of the other summer jobs and the iterations where the O-bon and fireworks were omitted; that would have made things a teensy bit more palatable.

Next week determines whether I come back or just read the light novels instead.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Aug 9, 2009 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
kluxorious said:
you guys still watches it even with the ridiculous amount of complaints. That's sad.

No, that's called masochism.
Aug 9, 2009 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
That was such an amazing episode. I cried beautiful tears of joy as Kyon yelled the magic word "Homework". All the previous Eights just made this grand finale all the more grand!

5/5! 5/5!
Aug 9, 2009 1:34 PM
May 2009
Puh,it's finally last EPisode of Endless Eight.
With 8 Episodes they made itsort of creative which the most people didn't like
Not bad,but not totally needed.Let's see how the next Episodes will be.
Aug 9, 2009 3:48 PM

Mar 2009
Rukia13 said:
As much as I'm relieved that EE is finally over, I'm displeased that they didn't show us some of the other variations in the SOS Brigades summer activities. If they could have at least shown us some of the other summer jobs and the iterations where the O-bon and fireworks were omitted; that would have made things a teensy bit more palatable.

I 'm agree :O

Aug 9, 2009 4:58 PM

Dec 2007
Finnaly! its over!!! i liked that poker ending... i wonder what is coming there at the next episode!
Aug 9, 2009 11:42 PM

Aug 2009
Endless eight has an end. And that's fine. Becouse everyone tired of this endless circus.
Aug 10, 2009 2:35 AM

Jun 2008
It was long journey (nearly endless) but in the end Eight won over that Endless. ;________;

There propably won't be anything like this ever again. No one will even dare to try.

Kyon has such a poor imagination, only thing he thought of was homework. Wonder what Haruhi really wanted to do?

...Did get little bit bored of that classified information speech from Mikuru, as well as to the rooftop part. And Yuki had so few lines. D :
But now it's over, and I already feel like I can forgive KyotoAni.
Aug 10, 2009 2:53 AM
Jul 2007
Ljusalfheim said:
Rukia13 said:

I 'm agree :O

Me too

Aug 10, 2009 4:17 AM
Apr 2009
It's funny how so many people are giving this 5 out of 5.

Except for the ending, same old shit, am I right?

Just for a LITTLE bit of change, and an ending, you forgive KyoAni for all the bullshit they've put us through these past eight weeks.

Seriously you guys, what the fuck. Grow a backbone.
Aug 10, 2009 4:22 AM

Dec 2008
that was so lovely.. Kyon did it... ahahahaha~
phew! no more deju vu again... :P
Aug 10, 2009 4:53 AM

Sep 2007
shobob said:
It's funny how so many people are giving this 5 out of 5.

Except for the ending, same old shit, am I right?

Just for a LITTLE bit of change, and an ending, you forgive KyoAni for all the bullshit they've put us through these past eight weeks.

Seriously you guys, what the fuck. Grow a backbone.

I've been wondering about that too. I guess it's the happiness of it being over... people let their vote get swayed by emotions too easily.
Aug 10, 2009 4:56 AM
Apr 2009
Spade said:

I've been wondering about that too. I guess it's the happiness of it being over... people let their vote get swayed by emotions too easily.

I gave it 2 out of 5.

I might give it one extra point on my list as well, making it 2/10.

But it still does not deserve any praise. KyoAni/Kadokawa made a HUGE fuck-up here. Even if they were trying something artistic, and not just saying "fuck making new shit", the LAST thing you should be trying to do is bore your audience.
Aug 10, 2009 5:12 AM

May 2009
Bakemonogatari > Haruhi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2009 8:06 AM

Sep 2007
Hybrid00 said:
Bakemonogatari > Haruhi

And the sky is blue
Aug 10, 2009 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
YaY End OF the Endless fucking dog haruhi deja vu
Aug 10, 2009 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
asdf1248 said:
Kyon's royal flush was win.

Complete with the line

"If I could re-live a day, I'd bet this time."
Aug 10, 2009 7:37 PM

Sep 2007
Holy shit it finally ended. What a terrible arc.
Aug 10, 2009 10:13 PM

Dec 2008
yes finally!!!! im sooo glad
Aug 10, 2009 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
The ending wasn't that much fun at all, homework...cards... T_T but at least this nightmare is over. Who knows, with time I might be able to wear my Haruhi shirt again...

LOL. The Hitler youtube video on this forum was hilarious though. XD

Hybrid00 said:
Bakemonogatari > Haruhi

More like

Every other anime airing this season > Haruhi

Love Haruhi. Hate this season so far.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1553 by DABUNGINATOR »»
Sep 26, 7:34 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yandere-chan - Jul 7, 2009

748 by dagmartoons »»
Sep 22, 12:08 PM

» The 2024 Season 3 Thread

anizawa89 - Jun 21

18 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 30, 9:18 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

451 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jul 30, 8:11 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

294 by MysteriousFriend »»
Jun 25, 12:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.