Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2010
I thought that boy was obsessed for someone his age. but that girl makes the boy's actions normal in comparison.

Hmm, I don't exactly enjoy how younger characters dying for the sake of progressing a character.

High hopes for Key!
Aug 8, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
Okay... I don't care what everybody says; I absolutely loved this episode! Man, that was just amazing. I knew when I saw the preview that this episode would probably end with a cliffhanger. But I wasn't expecting something like this. Oh god, please help me survive until next week!
Other than that, the first half of the episode was fun. Lots of Nao/Yu teasing; I loved that. The only problem was Nao kicking Takajou from the Student Council Room like that. And he says that it's normal. I love Nao but man, that's a bit too much. I wonder why Nao didn't let Yu possess Takajou. I guess Yuu_vi_Britannia's theory about Yu stealing powers might be true after all.
But how am I actually supposed to worry about all this when I can't stop thinking about that ending? And then there's the ending credits...

felipecardel said:

i'm expecting 7 episodes of psychological torture and excrutiating melancholy which may or may not include death, time-travel and the apocalypse. it's Key after all.

I'll be looking forward to this.

Can't wait for the next episode! I guess I'll just have to somehow manage to get through the next two days until we get the preview...
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Aug 8, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Well things have finally started to pick up.

Interested to see how the next couple of episodes play out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 8, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Intense second half. I thought it was the yandere girl making Ayumi sick at first, but I guess not. It was so obvious where it was going though.

Also, that Oikawa guy is a little too persistent. She's not interested dude, back off.

If Ayumi dies and that little yandere b*tch gets off scot free I'll be seriously pissed.

EDIT: I wonder what was up with the diviner guy after the credits?
Hissatsu89Aug 8, 2015 12:18 PM
Aug 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Byebye Imotou, tho it was obvious since she raised her own death flag. Considering the blood Im sure she died.

Nov 2012
Uh, what the hell. I feel like this took a way too sudden turn....

Jul 2015
is it possible the MC can use the ability that he possess with the other users?
Aug 8, 2015 12:02 PM
Jun 2014
Holy moly, everyone on board the feels train chu-chuuu!
Best episode so far, I guess I was being too optimisic to hope a YuuxNoe ending like the imouto...
Aug 8, 2015 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
What the fuck just happend.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Aug 8, 2015 12:05 PM
Jun 2014
SansrivaaL said:
Byebye Imotou, tho it was obvious since she raised her own death flag. Considering the blood Im sure she died.

Maybe it was from Yuu? Maybe somebody has the timetravel/time control power and can redo stuff? who knows, shit got real
Aug 8, 2015 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
That escalated quickly. we all know shes going to come back in some way if she is even dead because this is key. The Yandere was nice change, overall much better than previous eps, still feels rushed and we all knew this was coming. Hopefully this marks the end of the episodic bs
davinci12Aug 8, 2015 12:11 PM
Aug 8, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
Boi we went from 0 to 100 real quick (Drake)

Also looks like there's another group who deals with those special kids, and they even got a car and shit.

Dem kids these days start early lol.
Aug 8, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
Oh god if ayumi dies, we revolt
Aug 8, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty sure she's dead.... feels trip is starting...
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Aug 8, 2015 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Even though this episode started off with the same schematics: find the power user, outsmart them, and convince them not to use their ability, I think this episode beats them all since it got more personal as it focused on Ayumi and the power she did not know she had rather than a random stranger who's abusing their ability.

There's been foreshadowing before of the MC's future struggle to protect his sister from the scientists if he or her sister were caught with their abilities, but it was definitely a twist to see that he'd need to protect her from her own ability that she unknowingly activates at the risk of her life. "Collapse" is a pretty ominous name, but I really enjoyed seeing it in action, especially at how powerful it is.

Ayumi may or may not have died. I feel slight pity at how she was in such a messed up situation just because of a boy and a yandere, expected something more grand or mind boggling. Oh well. I'm 99% sure MC is alive.

I'm guessing the two's older brother appeared at the end segment. I would love to see his ability, probably the most OP, like mind manipulation or something. Why? Because his two siblings don't remember him, so he must have eliminated their memory for their own good.

I also really liked MC and Tomori's interaction this episode. You two have Ayumi's seal of approval! I think there was some foreshadowing when MC said that he was more fortunate than Tomori since he still has a sister when Tomori has lost her brother tragically. I think he won't be able to get out of his grief and stop trusting everyone even the student council-- can't blame him, Ayumi was a kindhearted and loving girl. There's definitely darkness lurking out in the future.

A very good episode, a start of a very dark and sad arc. Lot of dramatic things happened that made my heart jump out of its chest. Animation is great as always. OP is phenomenal, so much more symbolism I notice every time I watch it. Really like the incorporation of a black ED, it truly fits with the cliffhangerish ending. Can't wait for more Charlotte, like how they are not putting off all the plot until the very end like Key's other works did.
raisa864Aug 8, 2015 12:38 PM
Aug 8, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
Finally some blood !
Aug 8, 2015 12:18 PM
Aug 2015
Wow!!!I can't for the next episode!!
I wonder what's going to happen next!! Kyaaaaa I can't wait!!
Aug 8, 2015 12:20 PM

May 2015
SHIT. NO. WHY THE DAMN CLIFFHANGER RIGHT THERE. Next episode, now! Shit just got so real. That was intense. The ride's just begun. I'll be preparing myself. That's one crazy ability though. I initially thought it would be something else, who knows. So many things in this episode that makes me wonder. Looking forward to more.
ReverberateAug 8, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 8, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
I just saw a middle-schooler attempting to kill another middle-schooler with a cutting knife in full fledged yandere mode. What the hell?!
Nice change, though. The cliffhanger ending got me, I want to know what happens next.
Aug 8, 2015 12:24 PM

Sep 2014
raisa864 said:
Even though this episode started off with the same schematics: find the power user, outsmart them, and convince them not to use their ability, I think this episode beats them all since it got more personal as it focused on Ayumi and the power she did not she had rather than a random stranger who's abusing their ability.

There's been foreshadowing before of the MC's future struggle to protect his sister from the scientists if he or her sister were caught with their abilities, but it was definitely a twist to see that he'd need to protect her from her own ability that she unknowingly activates at the risk of her life. "Collapse" is a pretty ominous name, but I really enjoyed seeing it in action, especially at how powerful it is.

Ayumi may or may not have died. I feel slight pity at how she was in such a messed up situation just because of a boy and a yandere, expected something more grand or mind boggling. Oh well. I'm 99% sure MC is alive.

I'm guessing the two's older brother appeared at the end segment. I would love to see his ability, probably the most OP, like mind manipulation or something. Why? Because his two siblings don't remember him, so he must have eliminated their memory for their own good.

I also really liked MC and Tomori's interaction this episode. You two have Ayumi's seal of approval! I think there was some foreshadowing when MC said that he was more fortunate than Tomori since he still has a sister when Tomori has lost her brother tragically. I think he won't be able to get out of his grief and stop trusting everyone even the student council-- can't blame him, Ayumi was a kindhearted and loving girl. There's definitely darkness lurking out in the future.

A very good episode, a start of a very dark and sad arc. Lot of dramatic things happened that made my heart jump out of its chest. Animation is great as always. OP is phenomenal, so much more symbolism I notice every time I watch it. Really like the incorporation of a black ED, it truly fits with the cliffhangerish ending. Can't wait for more Charlotte, like how they are not putting off all the plot until the very end like Key's other works did.

10/10 Awesome comment !
Aug 8, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
featured

Is it possible that the girl who showed up at the end is with the scientist?
Aug 8, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
That's true, Ayumi did turn into pizza sauce after 5 episodes of foreshadowing, nice job everyone!

She will always be remembered in a pasty form.
Aug 8, 2015 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
NOOOOOOOOOO, JUN MAEDA, DON'T KILL OFF THE SISTER ;__;
Aug 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
Damm intense second half of the episode...Poor Ayumi.
I guess the dramatic part of the series is going to start.

Really liked the ED, black screen, sad and simple music, after that episode . Good touch.
Aug 8, 2015 12:30 PM

May 2014
so know we wait until either she's confirmed alive or if she's dead MC will stay to find a time traveler user and maybe take control of them?
Aug 8, 2015 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
The first half was just fine and it's what they usually do. Getting a bit bored of it now Nao was gets even more smarter and cuter every episode!!!
Oh shit! The second half was so intense! Please make Ayumi get better!!! Don't let her die!!!
Because of this theme in this episode, I don't know If I can watch (or survive after) the next week's episode! I can't take it anymore!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 8, 2015 12:34 PM
Nov 2014
Nice ep, Imouto power 2 op.
Aug 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Finally that bitch died. Charlotte AOTS if she really died.
Aug 8, 2015 12:35 PM

Jun 2014
wtf what kinda jealous psychotic middle schooler brings a box knife to school to kill her friend? I was actually expecting her to be the Collapser, but i guess they were right about it being ayumi.

+cliche: large object falling over MC and he just sits there looking at it.

Whos the orange hair girl?..

Jan 2011
Am I the only one who watched the scene after credits?

Duh.
Aug 2015
That episode ruined my day

I almost cried after watching it
Aug 8, 2015 12:36 PM
Aug 2015
omg, I DIDN'T EXPECTED this ending ;_;

Until the end I was like "yeah, well, the purple-haired girl is probably jealous of Ayumi, so she may have used her powers to make a "rupture" between Ayumi and the boy he loves, so she got fever"
"She got detected when she was in Ayumi's room with her classmates, Ayumi will have powers later in the anime, not now"

and then.... WHAT THE HELL
Aug 8, 2015 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
raveninthemuddle said:
That's true, Ayumi did turn into pizza sauce after 5 episodes of foreshadowing, nice job everyone!

She will always be remembered in a pasty form.

I laughed more than I should.
Aug 8, 2015 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
meh, yandere was stupid, seriously? a 10 year old girl or so?

Ayumi might be healed by a user.
Aug 8, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:

Ayumi might be healed by a user.

In middle school, one of my female classmates punched her friend, grabbed her head, and smashed it against the wall for an even dumber reason than the crazy girl in Charlotte. Welcome to the world of 12-year-olds.

Apr 2015
What a chapter.

I think that we are getting closer to the tears.

Sep 2012
omg when the episode ended I couldn't help but start laughing.. LIKE WHAT WAS THAT COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR TRAINWRECK LOL. I feel like this is key trying too hard XD

Fcking loved it haha

ichii_1 said:

I second this
Aug 8, 2015 12:42 PM

Aug 2008
No! I don't want a cliffhanger!

I really like how her hair changed color, I find it too cool to kill Ayumi off and not show it again. Can I be hopeful that she is alive? But with that blood at the very end... T_T

27CansOfTuna said:
So who voices Oikawa?

It's Daiki Yamashita (Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal): http://myanimelist.net/people/21971/Daiki_Yamashita
I saw his name in the credits.
KuriniAug 8, 2015 12:57 PM
Aug 8, 2015 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Let’s see.. We’re almost halfway through the show, and it’s safe for me to say.. this is the worst first-half of Key/Maeda’s works to date. Cliche superpower setting, lack of development, nothing special from OST, and the comedy is really bitter. There’s still 7 episode remaining but I’m really pessimist it can be turn into something very good or better than Angel Beats at least. Still has potential though.
removed-userAug 8, 2015 12:55 PM
Aug 8, 2015 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, first time seeing a yandere in one of Maeda's works. Finally looking forward to the next episode
Aug 8, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2008
I call bullshit if she survived. It's highly probable considering it's shaping up to be the worst Key anime. Wait, there was Kanon too so I'm not sure any more.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 8, 2015 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
I didn't want to say this but the yandere plot device was cheap and bad. Like super, ultra, mega, alpha, hyper bad.
Dec 2012
I'm screaming F*CKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK when that crazy bitch pulled out the cutter... 100% Totally didn't expected that, holy shit dude. 100% I can confirm Ayumi is dead knowing the Author. Well, sucks to be you Onii-chan. That's one of the worst cliffhanger ever, can't wait for the next episode.

Jun 2009
Wow.... this escalated quickly.
I see this as pretty good episode.
Aug 8, 2015 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
the second half had me hyped af im so happy with the way this is going
and i see gasai lives on in the violet haired middle schooler
Aug 8, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
koagzero said:

ichii_1 said:

I second this

Yeah seriously? And she fucking needs to die! And if ever something even more terribly bad happened to Ayumi!
Aug 8, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2015
SansrivaaL said:

It's not blood though. It's pizza sauce.
Aug 8, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
whelp at least things were shaken up a bit this episode. It's been pretty stale and repetitious

Aug 8, 2015 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
pierrotsk said:
SansrivaaL said:

It's not blood though. It's pizza sauce.

7th episode was kind of a bad sign though. Number 7 was shaped like the Grim Reaper's scythe.
But I still hope that she's still alive and would get better!
RayzerAug 8, 2015 1:12 PM
Aug 8, 2015 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
The guy who appears at the end is this long-haired boy who appears on MC's dream.
It is also the hairy guy who appears in OP.
scene that was cut from the episode 1.
but it was present in Chapter 1 of the official manga

Isn't that guy at the end of the episode the one who finds the superpowered people for the student council? (Maybe you already wrote this earlier and I didn't read it XD)
This person from the manga doesn't look 100% like him.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blueray release?

Drobot - Oct 5

6 by Kradaxe »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2015

356 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 18, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.