Forum Settings
Forums

General Battle Shounen / Big Three Discussion. [Potential Spoilers]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 174 175 [176] 177 178 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2013
Kaimon said:

Gotta admit I'm not liking Dub!Oars at all at the moment. But at least Moria's voice is pretty fitting and Perona's laugh is perfect.

oh god i love that arc
Oct 22, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
gedata said:
keragamming said:

The story is generic and it's basically another cliche series. But the series prime goal is to kill off characters, that's the main meat of the series, if you ask most people that watch akame ga kill, they will tell you that they like it because anyone can die.

it's a shame that it's so damn bad when it comes to death flags. Still better then the FT approach of "everyoneliveslol" though

I can totally agree with you as a manga reader as well.
Oct 22, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
Wow :O

Fairy Tail >>>>> AGK

Lucy alone is more developed in body and character than the whole series put together.
And there are deaths in Fairy Tail, but that doesn't fit your agenda does it?
Oct 22, 2014 11:05 PM
Nov 2010
ichii_1 said:

Who died in Fairy Tail? Did I miss something?
Oct 22, 2014 11:21 PM

Jan 2014
Tomislavr7 said:
ichii_1 said:

One of Erza's friends. The one with the jaw, if I remember right.

Edit: think the name was Simon.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 22, 2014 11:31 PM

Apr 2014
Tomislavr7 said:
ichii_1 said:

Simon, Ur, Rob, Silver, all members of magic council etc.
Heres a list of the deceased.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deceased
Oct 23, 2014 4:36 AM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:

Fairy Tail >>>>> AGK

Lucy alone is more developed in body and character than the whole series put together.
How is Lucy developed? She got a bigger cup size in 2014, but I don't see anything different from the first episode of the original series.
Oct 23, 2014 6:14 AM
Dec 2013
Looks like the golden age of the Big 3 is coming to an end next month. Then we'll enter the silver age of the Big 3.
Oct 23, 2014 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
Milk_is_Special said:
ichii_1 said:

Fairy Tail >>>>> AGK

How is Lucy developed? She got a bigger cup size in 2014, but I don't see anything different from the first episode of the original series.

She got more keys.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 23, 2014 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Milk_is_Special said:

She got more keys.
[b]<.<[b]

Tatsumi got more muscle growth <-- Is character development...
Oct 23, 2014 6:40 AM

Feb 2010
Milk_is_Special said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

She got more keys.
<.<

Tatsumi got more muscle growth <-- Is character development...

But seriously, in a battle shounen you usually don't need much more character development. It's a nice bonus if it's there like in the Togashi ones or Naruto, but I don't need to watch the characters going through puberty on screen just so I can say 'here is character development' to the haters.
The lack of it is not really part of why Fairy Tail has been less enjoyable lately. At least not for me. It already lacked character development when it was still good, so yeah.
AlcoholicideOct 23, 2014 6:52 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 23, 2014 6:48 AM

Jan 2014
JumpinJackSplash said:
Looks like the golden age of the Big 3 is coming to an end next month. Then we'll enter the silver age of the Big 3.

You mean One Piece looking for which series are going to join it on the pedestal?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Oct 23, 2014 7:27 AM
Dec 2013
RedRoseFring said:
JumpinJackSplash said:

You mean One Piece looking for which series are going to join it on the pedestal?

No, it's just that the Big 3 will always be Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, and Naruto manga is ending next month. The way I see it:

Golden Age = Naruto, Bleach and One Piece manga being serialised together (Aug 2001 - Nov 2014)
Silver Age = Bleach and One Piece serialised together (Nov 2014 - whenever Bleach ends)
Bronze Age = Only One Piece left being serialised (after Bleach ends - whenever One Piece ends)

It's just something I made up.
wildhoodOct 23, 2014 12:58 PM
Oct 23, 2014 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
JumpinJackSplash said:
RedRoseFring said:

No, it's just that the Big 3 will always be Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, and Naruto manga is ending next month. The way I see it:

Golden Age = Naruto, Bleach and One Piece manga being serialised together (2001-Nov 2014)
Silver Age = Bleach and One Piece serialised together (Nov 2014 - whenever Bleach ends)
Bronze Age = Only One Piece left being serialised

Pretty accurate.
Oct 23, 2014 9:32 AM

Sep 2013
Kishi and Kubo will still make new series after naruto and bleach are done, you know? :O and we have TORIKO ;)

Milk_is_Special said:
ichii_1 said:

Fairy Tail >>>>> AGK

All the time she's been beaten and tortured and still forgives them and doesn't hold a grudge and lusts for revenge like most people would (juvia, gajeel, claire, aquarios)

Spoiler of you're not caught up :(
Oct 23, 2014 9:54 AM

Dec 2012
How is that character development? you are just describing a character trait.

And again Toriko is not popular enough to be a top manga in Jump.
Oct 23, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
The first time it was a development :(
And the others aren't developments? lol guess jiriyai dying isn't development for naruto then.

Toriko will still be there while assclass and the other ones end, cause it's world and story isn't limited, it can easily go on for at least 10-15 years as long as it's consistenly selling 300K+.
Oct 23, 2014 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
ichii_1 said:
Kishi and Kubo will still make new series after naruto and bleach are done, you know?

Did'nt Kubo say he was gonna do Fashion Designing or something???
Oct 23, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
ichii_1 said:
The first time it was a development :(
And the others aren't developments? lol guess jiriyai dying isn't development for naruto then.

Toriko will still be there while assclass and the other ones end, cause it's world and story isn't limited, it can easily go on for at least 10-15 years as long as it's consistenly selling 300K+.

Well at least Naruto changed( well he did have a timeskip but that's not what i want to say :p), after all that happened Lucy is still the same as she was in episode 1 in my eyes. It's like Hiro loves to develop character in 1 arc and then just reset all the development in the new arc.
Also poor Lisanna
Oct 23, 2014 11:14 AM
Mar 2013
in order of character development

fairy tail>>>>>>>hunter x hunter>>>>>naruto>>>>>>>bleach>>>one piece
Oct 23, 2014 11:22 AM

Feb 2013
JD2411 said:
in order of character development

fairy tail>>>>>>>hunter x hunter>>>>>naruto>>>>>>>bleach>>>one piece

Biased much
Oct 23, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
Bleach is regaining its lost honour with the past 2 chapters.
"Hi!"
Oct 23, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
M3k4toku said:

How So?????......The recent chapter was bleach at it's (almost) stupidest
Oct 23, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
M3k4toku said:

I refuse to admit the fact that you are serious.
Oct 23, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
vongola-undecimo said:
M3k4toku said:

How So?????

-Klad- said:
M3k4toku said:

I refuse to admit the fact that you are serious.

Dead serious.
"Hi!"
Oct 23, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2012
It's undignified how the very same people bashing bleach also happen to be the ones making the other "big 2" out to be above it.
The bias is all over the place.

Bleach gets a second arc where a girl is kidnapped, and everyone loses their shit about how repetitive it is.
One piece does the same thing 21 times, no biggie [insert -execution- buzzword that they cannot comprehend]

It even inspired that shameless chart depicting the big 3's storylines where Bleach was "continuously repeating".
End Zionazism
Oct 23, 2014 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
Mikasa said:

Bleach gets a second arc where a girl is kidnapped, and everyone loses their shit about how repetitive it is.

True, and Orihime went with them on purpose to fight in her own way but they were just too powerful :(
TyrelOct 25, 2014 9:56 PM
Oct 23, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2013
M3k4toku said:
vongola-undecimo said:

How So?????

Hmm.....I've got my Foe in a tight spot where i can easily dispatch of him.....BUT WAIT...........I have to pause and give Dumb Terra Formars Explanation on how my powers work (Even though my opponent is a member of the Zero Division (The (I think) strongest in the realm) and the fact that the idiot before me got defeated due to a similar error).........I'M SURE NOTHING CAN GO WRONG
Oct 23, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
JumpinJackSplash said:
RedRoseFring said:

Golden Age = Naruto, Bleach and One Piece manga being serialised together (Aug 2001 - Nov 2014)
Bronze Age = Only One Piece left being serialised (after Bleach ends - whenever One Piece ends)

That is actually a pretty smart thought there ;) But do we know when will bleach end tho?
Oct 23, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2014
i just read that new chapter of bleach my god was it stupid
Oct 23, 2014 4:14 PM
Dec 2013
Happy_ft said:
JumpinJackSplash said:

That is actually a pretty smart thought there ;) But do we know when will bleach end tho?
Not really, but it is in its final arc. It'll definitely end before One Piece, since One Piece will last another 10 years.
Oct 23, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
Okay so I'm thinking about picking up one piece after naruto ends. Should I watch the anime ( while skipping fillers and such) or should I just go into the manga.
Please give actual good reasons.
Oct 23, 2014 4:26 PM

Feb 2013
sullynathan said:
Okay so I'm thinking about picking up one piece after naruto ends. Should I watch the anime ( while skipping fillers and such) or should I just go into the manga.

Manga because the anime's snail pace made the a lot of the build up boring to watch.
Oct 23, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
sullynathan said:
watch anime till the enies lobby arc (unless you don't mind 1 and a half chapters a episode) then go to the manga
Oct 23, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
fairypriest said:
sullynathan said:
watch anime till the enies lobby arc (unless you don't mind 1 and a half chapters a episode) then go to the manga

Is the voice acting, music and animation good enough to be watched for over 600 episodes?
Oct 23, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
gedata said:
sullynathan said:

Manga because the anime's snail pace made the a lot of the build up boring to watch.

I want to read the manga since it's colored but not all of the old pages have been colored.
Oct 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
sullynathan said:
fairypriest said:

Is the voice acting, music and animation good enough to be watched for over 600 episodes?

It depends on if you are anal about pacing like a lot of folk on MAL. The voice acting and music is some of the best and really drives the emotion home. It's also heavily comedic, so if you think comedy and drama shouldn't mix, you may have to think twice about it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Oct 23, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
sullynathan said:
fairypriest said:

voice acting is amazing i find the ost pretty meh and the animation is pretty good for its age till new world
Oct 23, 2014 4:38 PM
Dec 2013
sullynathan said:

Read the manga, because the anime censors some stuff (though it's few and far between). Also, because it's Toei, the anime has a lot of stills. Voice acting is great, music is fine. Animation is below-average.
wildhoodOct 23, 2014 4:42 PM
Oct 23, 2014 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
sullynathan said:
fairypriest said:

Animation? Certainly not. Music and voice acting? Meh, though to be fair it'd have to be incredible in these areas to make up for the misgivings I have with other aspects of the anime
Oct 23, 2014 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
A question inspired by my rewatch of Fate/Zero: What characters from other anime series do you think have enough ambition that they would be a user of the King's Haki if they were a part of the One Piece verse?
Oct 23, 2014 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
sullynathan said:
fairypriest said:

VA is top class in One Piece.
Soundtrack is hmmmm, they had they're own unique OST that I think is very good.
Animation. It's Top class pre-TS, but kind of downhill since TS.
btw do you plan to watch it from episode 1?
Oct 23, 2014 10:19 PM

Jan 2014
SuperRed said:
A question inspired by my rewatch of Fate/Zero: What characters from other anime series do you think have enough ambition that they would be a user of the King's Haki if they were a part of the One Piece verse?

Eiyuu ou, Gilgamesh of course. Quite frankly, everyone with "King" in their title, which is like half the Servants.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Oct 23, 2014 10:29 PM

Feb 2013
fairypriest said:
sullynathan said:

But you have to watch the marineford arc IMO
Oct 24, 2014 9:06 AM

Jun 2014
I've noticed that Oricon's year generally ends around the 17-20th of the month of November which means that neither One Piece volume 76 nor SNK volume 15 will be counted since they both come out in December and so SNK has high chances of overtaking One Piece from its 5 year crown at the top of the yearly manga sales charts. I'm curious to see the reaction of the anime community if this happens. I also wonder if the second season of SNK can boost the sales more than they already are. That would lead to some crazy numbers lol.

One piece will probably not reach 13 million volumes sold this year (5 million less than last year) and this alondside Naruto's ending will most likely cement this year as one of the worst in a long time for Shueishia. I hope this will make them more reluctant to axe some promising manga too early since they generally cancel low ranking manga before they even have the chance to show their worth forgetting that series with slow starts could be future best sellers.

The amount of advertisement for Haikyuu and AssClass will most likely skyrocket since those two seem like they could reach 1 million per volume sales sometime with proper advertisement. Toriko hasn't been capable of doing much with the lot it was given. Hunter X Hunter is one chapter short of a volume so no matter how sick he is I'm sure Togashi will release at least that chapter before the end of this year or early next year and I really wonder how the sales will be ( the last volume sold around 1.2m in one year). Bleach needs its anime to come back very fast. Its sales have been on a constant decline lately. Sold 600k per volume in its first week a few years ago and now barely reaches 400k after 2 weeks of sale. Except if this decline is due to content.

Shueishia has however shown that it's not yet ready to say good bye to its best sellers by announcing sequels of Tokyo Ghoul and KNB so maybe ( and hopefully ), Naruto will get one too.
Oct 24, 2014 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
RedRoseFring said:
SuperRed said:

Eiyuu ou, Gilgamesh of course. Quite frankly, everyone with "King" in their title, which is like half the Servants.

Gilgamesh definitely, his ego is far too big to allow otherwise. And Iskander wants to conquer the world, so it's only fitting he has it, too.

I couldn't see Saber with it, even with her title. Quite frankly she's not swag enough
Oct 24, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
SuperRed said:

Raoh from Fist of the North Star,Hideyoshi/Nobunaga from Sengoku Basara,Takeshi Kongo From Kongo Banchou,RIDER From Fate /Zero.........E.T.C
Oct 24, 2014 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
SuperRed said:

Everyone who's ever had an asspull.

All shonen heroes already have "CoC".
End Zionazism
Oct 24, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
Mikasa said:
SuperRed said:

I think Meruem would probably have it.
Oct 24, 2014 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
SuperRed said:
Mikasa said:

I think Meruem would probably have it.

Nope, his aura couldn't even hurt an eagle.
People overrate his power, he's mid-tier Phantom-troupe level.

Hisoka would have the CoR, Color of Rapists though, episode 16 showed.
End Zionazism
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 174 175 [176] 177 178 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ?

ame - 5 hours ago

27 by JaniSIr »»
8 minutes ago

» What are some shows/movies that anime fans would like?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

11 by APolygons2 »»
11 minutes ago

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

28 by SgtBateMan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

28 by SaltyCookie »»
1 hour ago

» i think most of us know anime is just a medium, but...

LenRea - 3 hours ago

9 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.