Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2010 2:30 AM

Jun 2008
Crocodile is back :D
Aug 26, 2010 7:14 PM

Jun 2010
Ah a great villain is about to be unleashed.
Sep 22, 2010 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
epic
Dec 25, 2010 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
Epicness has just BEGUN! Now Crocodile joins them! WOOHOOOO~
Looks like Jimbei will too >:D
Mar 14, 2011 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
MUGIWARA!

lol
May 12, 2011 4:40 PM

Jul 2007
oh fuck yes. This is getting interesting. I am just brimming with excitement. The music used during the end was just epic to when luffy makes his final statement to iva that he is going to marine headquarters. Now Crocodile shows him self and says he knows a way out. Man this is crazy. I can totally see where this is going.
ArtimesGamerMay 12, 2011 5:16 PM

May 13, 2011 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
Yes !
F'ing YES !
Crocodile is back ! My wish has come true.

This and Ep 441 are filled with awesomeness.
Jun 23, 2011 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
Crocodile? Fuck Yes!
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 31, 2011 7:25 AM

May 2010
I thought they wouldn't release Jinbei but the preview was epic! Crocodile as an ally? Holy shit, and the title for the next episode is just amazing! "The Strongest Team is Formed"
Inazuma's DF ability was pretty interesting and also the background at 21:22 fitted exactly Luffy's "greatness".
Next episode here I come! :-D
Aug 7, 2011 12:18 AM

Aug 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Crocodile? Fuck Yes!
Feb 4, 2012 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
omg the idea of a free crocodile is too much to handle. i'm worried about luffy putting an ounce of trust in him or just being within a general mile of him. at the same time, it's nice to see him, he was one of my favorite villains.

epic stuff. it was nice but sad seeing ace trying to resist, because it's strange seeing someone so strong just being shuffled around.
Feb 18, 2012 3:34 PM

Jun 2010
Ace is so amazing <3<3<3
Jul 27, 2012 7:15 PM

May 2012
good ep :P
also the return of crocodile :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2010
GOD Damn that gave me chills

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 28, 2014 11:56 PM
Jan 2014
I for one am shocked, that a member of Ivankov's crew likes to scissor.
AibruceyJan 29, 2014 12:06 AM
Feb 1, 2014 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
The strongest team indeed :)
So Crocodile is back as an ally...
And ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(
Jul 20, 2014 3:01 PM

May 2013
Ace :(
Oct 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
Ace is in transit and Crocodile joins the fray.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 15, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2013
It's a good thing dat crocodile became an ally,he is so strong.

Jun 14, 2015 8:29 AM

Jun 2015
Saskee said:
It's a good thing dat crocodile became an ally,he is so strong.

yup
Nov 22, 2015 6:28 AM

May 2015
I didn't like the Impel down arc that much, but this episode was just really was a good watch
Apr 3, 2016 1:39 PM

May 2013
lolol Croc's laugh... smh
Jul 27, 2016 4:22 AM

Mar 2015
It's getting really good, who'd have thought Luffy would resort to working with his former enemies?!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 9, 2016 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
Just to have to leave a reply here since I'm watching this right now. Level 6 is the ultimate hell of impel down and yet it looks like the first floor, and it's supposed to hold people so horrible the Govt. covers up their crimes, and yet it's brimming with generic weak looking criminals who are impressed by devil fruit powers?

So much fail on every level here. lol

Oh well, back to watching.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 2, 2016 2:55 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Crocodile is back in business

Mar 17, 2019 9:04 PM

Jun 2016
Well, if Ivan saw Dragon in Luffy there we know Dragon is a great man too. A man who will fight for what he believes in for the sake of it, even when there's no hope at all. Ace showed his love for Luffy this episode too by doing the same thing, fighting off the jailors while cuffed and even catching a weapon in his mouth for Luffy's sake when all seemed hopeless. This whole family is awesome.

The mediocre defense tactics deployed even with Hannyabal is doing a darn good job always makes me question why they don't have better defenses. This is a world where the most dangerous people are devil fruit users. As if those guns or stabby traps would affect a logia user. Bullets won't even hurt Luffy. We saw Saldeath use a sea prism net but that's about it. It's an issue that always bothers me. They have enough sea prism stone for cuffs and cells but they rarely use it in defenses outside of that when that's nearly the only way they're going to stop their strongest foes. I'm not even sure if it can be adequately explained as there is so little of it being used, but for now I just accept any sea prism stone defenses outside of cells and cuffs to be a plot device.

Thank gosh Luffy had Ivan at his side to charm that prison guard. Without him he would have yelled and ran around in circles for far too long. That was smart of Ivan too. Inazuma showed they had an awesome power and continued to drink wine through all the impending danger so I have to give them style points for that. It was a shame they got there too late though. With Ace being moved to the ship and Luffy being stuck in level 6 it seems there's no way around going to Marine Ford now. You could feel Ace's panic as he tried his best to stop Luffy from replacing him in Impel Down and Luffy's resolve as he charged into sleeping gas refused to give up. Ivan was taken aback since he had no clue Luffy was so much like his dad, but the scary thing is, Ivan is right. This is a war of the worlds two super powers, people far stronger than Magellan and the series hasn't been so nice to Luffy’s undying resolve recently. Like Granny Nyon said, he may be an ant in a storm if he deals with them, he already felt that way against Kizaru's gang and Magellan alone. Regardless though, it's still incredibly moving to see that after all of this he's as sure as when he started that he'll follow Ace to the ends of the earth, through all these strong forces, to save him.

Now we're going to team up with Crocodile it seems. Crocodile of all people. This is the first non joke antagonist Luffy is teaming up with. By the end of Alabasta Bon Clay was already a friend and Mr. 3 was more of a joke than a true villain. Buggy was always the comic relief villain who, even though he nearly cut Luffy's head off, was never treated as a true threat. Yet here we have Crocodile. A man who was willing to kill off a nation, who has killed innocent people and uses and manipulates people to his ends. It should be interesting to see his dynamic with Luffy as temporary comrades, it’s something we haven’t been able to see before!

P.S. using a ricochet attack in the small stairway was awesome on Luffy's part. Also, the guy who said they could have waited for Ace to be taken out and then cut them off doesn't realize how much harder it would be to deal with everyone at once with Ace locked up. If they could sneak/break in and uncuff Ace it would make for a far easier and less preventable escape then fighting Magellan and the warships head on with Ace in cuffs. Plus even if that was plausible it was awesome to see the different floors and get a new cast to explore and bond with, as well as it was awesome to have another fight where Luffy loses hardcore, and it introduced the new kama who are quite interesting alone but also have ties to Dragon. This has definitely not been a waste of time imo! In fact, the early Buggy x Luffy moments were some of the funniest in the series for me, I love them as a duo.

LostSpectre said:
Just to have to leave a reply here since I'm watching this right now. Level 6 is the ultimate hell of impel down and yet it looks like the first floor, and it's supposed to hold people so horrible the Govt. covers up their crimes, and yet it's brimming with generic weak looking criminals who are impressed by devil fruit powers?

So much fail on every level here. lol

It's filled with criminals that the gov doesn't want the world to find out about for whatever reason, often due to preserving their own reputation. I get the impression level 6 is full of individualized torture and near starvation. Ace looks pretty bad and his Vivre card is on its last legs. It strikes me that the other floors are full of so much danger that the criminals on them can easily die out and I assume the ones on level 6 are ones they don’t want to give such a nice fate to. Further, they cannot have prisoners scheduled to be executed dying by other means before then.
Aug 21, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2020
Damn, this sucks! Luffy was literally just minutes away from getting to Ace!

I was wondering when Crocodile would show up...
Aug 25, 2020 6:57 PM

May 2016
That guard is a woman of culture to fully embrace the new age of femboys under Ivankov's rule. HEEHAW!

Luffy didn't make it to Ace in time to rescue him in Impel Down but Luffy's efforts could not have been for nothing so it's a given that he'll never give up and cause the most infamous prison break in World Government history! I'm really excited to see him work together with the likes of Crocodile and possibly even Jinbei too!

Sep 23, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2007
so luffy going to team up with crocodile? that's gonna be awesome!

i imagine myself that the last scene would be more epic in the manga, but that animation restrictions for you.

the next arc going to be EPIC.
May 28, 2021 9:22 AM

Jun 2019
Crocodile is here and Luffy is stuck at Level 6.
Jun 21, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2021
Crocodile’s entrance was really good especially the Mugiwara at the end
Feb 9, 2023 9:39 AM
Feb 2022
Volvemos a ver a Crocodile. El arco de Arabasta es uno de los mejores hasta ahora para mi.
Jun 13, 2023 2:25 AM
Oct 2019
It's too late 😢
Ace is getting transfer already.

No fcking way Crocodile gonna help us?

Crocodile saying Mugiwara still so badass.
davidyodo24Jun 13, 2023 2:28 AM
Jan 28, 12:56 AM

Oct 2019
If someone had told me back in Alabasta that Crocodile and Luffy would 'team up,' I wouldn't have believed them, lol. I wonder what their dynamic will look like and whether Crocodile won't betray Luffy and the others along the way.

CirockuJan 28, 1:00 AM
May 1, 12:23 AM

Dec 2022
man this arc took the hype so high off the damn scale
Akainu spotted!
May 24, 9:00 AM

Jun 2017
long time no see Mugiwara.Croc and Arlong's laugh the baddest of the lot
Yesterday, 9:47 AM
Dec 2023
I swear to god. The person who voice acts Crocodile is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I LOVE IT
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Eagle-Eyed Seer and the algorithm of IT corporates and social platforms

nirererin - 11 hours ago

34 by nirererin »»
3 minutes ago

» Big Mom makes no sense

Leon888 - Jul 16

40 by zewryn »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 680 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nickylynn - Jan 27, 2015

78 by nirererin »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

144 by nirererin »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 677 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 10, 2015

125 by nirererin »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.