Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2007 4:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Grab. I just had to. xD

Let's get the perty started!

Very nice episode, looks like everything's set up. I also spotted the clothes from the OP, both Shana's and Yuji's outfits. It's actually quite funny how the event is called MASQUErade. Looking forward to more, can't wait to see Shana in those clothes. Especially if they will end up fighting in those outfits. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 17, 2007 6:19 AM

Sep 2007
lol i would grab too, is it true that then girls always grab it?
ah didnt recognize, shana and yuji will wear these special clothes during the festival.
and i thought they would have some special transformations lol.
now pheles will show up next episode , i am really excited how she look like.
Dec 17, 2007 7:49 AM

Nov 2007
Next ep looks interesting with the way this ep ended. Can't wait! =D
Dec 17, 2007 8:40 AM

Dec 2007
pheles will probably come in and bust the festival heh.
Dec 17, 2007 9:08 AM

Sep 2007
Pheles = Girl in the OP , no? =D

Great episode
Dec 17, 2007 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
Girls showers are so much more fun that guy showers, no fair.

Anyway, looks like Yuuji is screwed being silver and having Pheles after him at the same time. Or maybe Ike has it worse?
Dec 17, 2007 11:36 AM

Sep 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Anyway, looks like Yuuji is screwed being silver and having Pheles after him at the same time. Or maybe Ike has it worse?

rofl I think it's hard to tell who has it worse XD

Pheles probably is the girl in the OP. Can't wait for next ep.
Dec 17, 2007 11:55 AM

Aug 2007
A good way to start up the appearance of Pheles. I feel bad for Yuji, since everyone wants the treasure he has.

I hope the fighting comes next episode, since I want to know what Pheles is capable of.
Dec 17, 2007 12:24 PM

May 2007
Maybe the second half of this season is gonna get dark. Instead of in jeopardy Yuji will most likely cause jeopardy to others (Flame Hazes). His Silver Fuzetsu is apparently a sign for The Snake of the Festival, boss of all Tomogara, one who created Silver Knights. Now it finally made appearance in Misaki city.

These scans suggest a near future episodes: (spoilers)

Looking forward to the next episode!
Dec 17, 2007 12:48 PM
Dec 2007
That's not a maybe, it's a sure bet. Sure to bring everyone who was doubting the second season. I like what I see. It's always a plus to have less childish romantic angst too.

Dec 17, 2007 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
I think we can all conclude that Pheles will probably show up and "Bust" the festival since something good has to be ruined, or else it would get boring. It also looks like Yuji and Shana's relationship might progress more too. Can't wait for the next ep ^-^
Dec 17, 2007 2:15 PM

Oct 2007
it was a good episode, not alot of action but still enjoyable :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2007 4:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This week (i mean this thursday) will be the middle of the series. compared to the first season, the second one is lacking action. WAY too much useless fan service + way too much useless stuff that does not advance the storyline AT ALL. I mean, you get maybe a small 2 minutes per episode that is related to the plot....Everything else is either flashbacks or slice of life. Someone watching this for the time time will mistaken this series for an adaptation of a dating game...... I am definitely angry with the current status of the series.....I takes too much time to get to the main plot..... And it seems that only at the end of the next episode, Pheles will appear...I hope that will mark the end of the first half and the beginning of an intensely action-packed second half (with new op and ed included!!). Let's hope....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 17, 2007 4:33 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
wakka9ca said:
This week (i mean this thursday) will be the middle of the series. compared to the first season, the second one is lacking action. WAY too much useless fan service + way too much useless stuff that does not advance the storyline AT ALL. I mean, you get maybe a small 2 minutes per episode that is related to the plot....Everything else is either flashbacks or slice of life. Someone watching this for the time time will mistaken this series for an adaptation of a dating game...... I am definitely angry with the current status of the series.....I takes too much time to get to the main plot..... And it seems that only at the end of the next episode, Pheles will appear...I hope that will mark the end of the first half and the beginning of an intensely action-packed second half (with new op and ed included!!). Let's hope....

You're the kinda anime watcher that expects a character to get stronger out of nothing. Maybe you should watch Dragon Ball or google 'Character Development'. The episodes so far are the grounding for what's going to come. New powers etc. don't just pop out of nowhere.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 17, 2007 4:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
cyruz said:
wakka9ca said:

You're the kinda anime watcher that expects a character to get stronger out of nothing. Maybe you should watch Dragon Ball or google 'Character Development'. The episodes so far are the grounding for what's going to come. New powers etc. don't just pop out of nowhere.

Indeed, but 3 episodes on character development does not explain why Yuji has that power at all. If it does the job (of explaining and investigating deeper into it---that will be interesting) faster, it would be better... Sorry I was a bit rude on my comments earlier because I'm really a bit pissed off by the series' slow speed. It should be at least a bit funnier. The episodes are just TOO plain. What i want to watch is how Yuji and Shana will react to his new dillemma, not how Shana and Yoshida keep repeating the same stuff over and over again!

On top of that, this series has only 24 episodes....I don't like the idea of wasting 12 episodes for not much development at all.....

Also, don't you think 10 episodes is enough of "grounding"

And speaking of character development, it is not the strong point of this series at all. It's more the plot and the reaction of the character to different situations that keeps this series running (plus fan service of course)....
wakka9caDec 17, 2007 5:00 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 17, 2007 5:09 PM

Sep 2007
Where is this 'way too much useless fan service' you're speaking of here?

And I don't see how Shana and Yoshida are repeating the 'same stuff over and over again.' If they were, they'd still be shooting daggers at each other whenever the other gets too close to Yuji. Which - if you haven't noticed - isn't what they're doing anymore. It's character development. And if something's changed, it's obviously not useless. Honestly, I'd rather have action WITH well-developed characters I can relate to, feel sorry for, or slap, and not have meaningless battles after battles. It gets old. And 12 episodes is plenty enough time to get things going and wrapped up. If you haven't noticed, most 24/26 episode long shows start getting serious around their halfway point.
Dec 17, 2007 5:35 PM

Jan 2007
lol @ Ike in this episode. Anyways, the setup for the arc is almost done, i look forward to the action that's coming.
Dec 17, 2007 5:38 PM

Nov 2007
good episode, and the plot is starting to set itself up for whats going on in the light novel. Although the Anime still has a LONG ways to go before it's where the light novel is. To the person who said Yujii might cause trouble for the others, you don't know how right you are lol. Anyway after episode 12 on 12/20/07, there won't be another episode until 1/10/08, so episode 12 will probably end with a big cliff hanger.
Dec 17, 2007 9:22 PM
Dec 2007
Shadow_Strider said:
good episode, and the plot is starting to set itself up for whats going on in the light novel. Although the Anime still has a LONG ways to go before it's where the light novel is. To the person who said Yujii might cause trouble for the others, you don't know how right you are lol. Anyway after episode 12 on 12/20/07, there won't be another episode until 1/10/08, so episode 12 will probably end with a big cliff hanger.

its funny how none of them, surprisingly including Alastor doesnt recognize the Silver flame... guess probably because "Silver" isnt the right color.
Dec 18, 2007 12:19 AM

Aug 2007
mmm. Good episode. Srsly, lol @ Ike. xD

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 18, 2007 1:49 AM

Dec 2007
Am I the only one that still can't guess what this Silver is all about?

As a side note, Shana's been acting a bit too normal/goody-good lately... :/
Dec 18, 2007 4:56 AM

Oct 2007
Somehow I'm looking more forward to the festival than the fights ahead!
Dec 18, 2007 8:17 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Mikagami82 said:
Shadow_Strider said:

its funny how none of them, surprisingly including Alastor doesnt recognize the Silver flame... guess probably because "Silver" isnt the right color.

Are you referring to the supposely BLACK flame? You are right, it wasn't supposed to be silver. Maybe silver is Yuji's own flame color? As far as I know, not even in the novels we know why the flame is silver....

And to all users who reacted vividly to my posts, thanks. Because I was just looking for how people find the second season so far. It seems that I am just worrying too much. If everyone still likes it, then that's good.....

I have to wait for a few weeks for the second half of the season.....
wakka9caDec 18, 2007 8:22 AM
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 18, 2007 10:17 AM

Nov 2007
What do you mean, I'm currently half way through the Shakugan no Shana XIV light novel and there's no secret about what the Silver flame is, sure there was at the begining but not anymore. Oh and maybe Alastor hasn't met "The" silver flame... let's just say that the armored vilian we saw in flashbacks is more like a pawn in a game of chess.
Dec 18, 2007 11:48 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Shadow_Strider said:
What do you mean, I'm currently half way through the Shakugan no Shana XIV light novel and there's no secret about what the Silver flame is, sure there was at the begining but not anymore. Oh and maybe Alastor hasn't met "The" silver flame... let's just say that the armored vilian we saw in flashbacks is more like a pawn in a game of chess.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.... I meant that the silver flame was probably not given any explanations in the novels. I haven't read the novels but from what I ve read on Japanese Wikipedia, they don't really mention why....

And can you reformulate your question/post because I don't really understand what you meant by "there's no secret about what the Silver flame is, sure there was at the begining but not anymore" Given me more detail please....I am not afraid of spoilers.....And I am too lazy to borrow the light novels and read them....I stopped after the third book.....

Be sure to put Spoiler if you reveal anything.....
wakka9caDec 18, 2007 11:53 AM
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 18, 2007 11:56 AM

Nov 2007
wakka9ca said:
Shadow_Strider said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.... I meant that the silver flame was probably not given any explanations in the novels. I haven't read the novels but from what I ve read on Japanese Wikipedia, they don't really mention why....

And can you reformulate your question/post because I don't really understand what you meant by "there's no secret about what the Silver flame is, sure there was at the begining but not anymore" Given me more detail please....I am not afraid of spoilers.....And I am too lazy to borrow the light novels and read them....I stopped after the third book.....

Be sure to put Spoiler if you reveal anything.....

No problem I'll send you a message explaining "Silver" and it's role later in the series. I don't want to post it here because even if I put it in spoiler tags some people just can't resist pressing buttons lol.
Dec 18, 2007 4:18 PM

Oct 2007
good episodes...

Looks like though that i will have to STOP reading the what people post here after episodes, because TOO many spoilers are involved...

PLEASE DONT PUT ANY SPOILERS!!! NOT EVERYONE READ THE LIGHT NOVELS!!!
Dec 18, 2007 5:43 PM

Nov 2007
Well I've read the light novels and I only have a rough guesstimate of what will happen. The thing is that it seems the Anime is only using the novels as a sort of plot time line, where the ends are pretty much the same but the means to get to the end are a lot of times very different. I mean the finale of season one didn't even happen in the novels, and I think that's why in the first episode of season 2 it just so happened that Yuji did not hear Shana confessing her feelings to him before Alastor was released, and the rest of season 2 hasn't even mentioned Alastors release again.

For those who are interested here is a list I got off another forum of a bunch of other differences between the Anime and the first 2 novels (corresponds with seasone one episodes 1-8 and 10).

Dec 18, 2007 6:56 PM
Dec 2007
So basically, The Shakugan no Shana movie... Wonder if they will do that in the future then (use a movie to retell the story in a way more close to the novels).

Dec 19, 2007 4:06 AM

Feb 2007
Another awesome episode. I really like the way it's heading now, been looking forward to Pheles for a long while now. Gonna be good times.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Dec 19, 2007 1:52 PM

Jun 2007
this episode was good, IMO, they are giving too many scenes with shana and yoshida together, i think we got the point that they were friends since yuuji's dad came back.

shana was too cute this episode, she should look awesome in her dress. i still hope for her to be juliet, but meh, that is only going to happen in my mind.

LOL @ ike, he really has a lot of misfortune.

i kinda saw yuuji going emo at the end of the episode, but thanks to shana, he didnt, and their relationship got greater. really, that was the best scene in the whole episode.

something tells me that wilheremina and pheles have a nice past. in any cases, it was good to know a little more about yuuji's inside powers (reiji maigo).
Dec 19, 2007 6:06 PM

May 2007
Things are starting to move.
Dec 19, 2007 7:32 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. It's still not up to the first seasons level, but its getting more exciting than the first couple of episodes.
Dec 20, 2007 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
cyruz said:
Grab. I just had to. xD

*nosebleed*

Poor Yuuji with two calamities on his shoulders. That and if you still count the love quadrangle of his, I'm not sure if infinite power of existence is worth it. ^^;

Good story in this ep; hopefully we'll get a bit of actiony mix in it next ep. I like those scans from earlier in the thread; Shana in a red dress .. and perhaps with red hair. Can't overkill the red with Shana, though.
Dec 21, 2007 7:28 AM
Nov 2007
zomg zomg, the atmosphere from season 1 is coming back! suspense romance and fighting! cant say i enjoyed all the character development up to now too much tbh, much prefered the relationship they created during fights.
although to be fair i think the next episode will be a "bridge" ep for the entrance of pheles aswell cos from the preview it seems she arrives near the end of the episode
Dec 21, 2007 11:20 AM
Dec 2007
I'm guessing there WILL be a fight...which will remain in a cliffhanger of sorts, possibly involving Willhelmina.

Jul 19, 2008 11:17 PM

Apr 2008
I can't decide who has worse luck, Ike or Yuji.

Also, it looks like the childish jealousy games are over (more likely put on hold). Shana and Yoshida seem to accept each other and their roles in Yuji's life.

Oct 13, 2008 9:08 PM

May 2008
they will definitely be fighting in the parade costumes, i will bet you that much. good episode btw
Jul 12, 2009 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
pheles eh.... sounds interesting the way ~de arimas puts it.
looking forwads to this next ep.
Jul 18, 2009 2:15 AM

Dec 2008
Looks like a battle awaits.
Jan 19, 2010 10:04 AM

Nov 2009
Climatic cliffhanger >< Im still suspicious of konoe and i was wondering what exactly kings of guze are x.x
Feb 13, 2010 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
"Seishuu festival? What kind of Tomogara is that?" =)) Margery is really funny [and likeble] when she's drunk ^^

and of course there always has to be some perverted girl when they're all in the shower, it wouldn't be anime if there wasn't...

Now I'm so sure something will hapen at that festival of theirs...

Feb 22, 2010 7:30 AM

Feb 2010
I liked this episode, can't wait to see Shana dressed like Dorothy X°D And I can't wait to see Pheles *__*
Mar 24, 2010 3:51 PM

Feb 2010
Augh... the show is so damn slow. What happened to all the action in the first series? I'm probably going to drop it at this point....
Oct 10, 2010 11:37 AM

Feb 2010
seriously what's up with these anime shower scenes with the les action, hotd has a reason since its an ecchi but this is like something else :/ but w.e since it's shana ;3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2012 2:25 PM

Mar 2011
I want to be with them in the shower lol

This is getting interesting.
Aug 9, 2012 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
Surely if anyone can battle the power of Pheles, it's Silver?

Which leaves a Marjery vs. Shana fight perhaps?
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Mar 23, 2013 6:15 PM
Mar 2013
YAY! :D I can like this season now! Excitement is on the way!
Jun 30, 2013 6:13 AM
Aug 2012
ok so is this finally going to start being about fighting denizens again? this anime does a horrible job with the slice of life thing and im tired of it
Sep 28, 2013 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
I'm starting to really like Yoshida, it's pretty adorable when her and Shana are getting along.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jan 21, 2008

71 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 16, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_MiV_ - Jan 13, 2008

99 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Dec 23, 2007

90 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

214 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Feb 29, 2008

79 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.