Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2014 1:02 PM
Apr 2013
pkKodama said:
leokiko said:
if they continue adaptating the manga faithfully?

They are not.
Yes, they are. Playing a scene in slow motion (Which is not the same as the scene being slow in real time) is not being unfaithful.
Jan 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Omg, Madhouse is failing harder and harder. What is this? What's happening Madhouse?

Might decrease the score if Madhouse doesn't get their shit together.

They do 2 chapter and a half chapter, it isn't slow.
Jan 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2010
FShadow1998 said:
How exactly did Morel manage to beat Gon to the throne room? Gon didn't stop running from the moment he entered the palace and Morel had to stop at the staircase for a while!
The way the episode is dragged out makes time seem longer, but I'm guessing the scene at the stairway was in real time only a few seconds. Also, Gon and Killua took a detour while Morel was able to go straight up the stairway to the throne room.

I think.
Jan 21, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2013
MCAL said:
pkKodama said:
leokiko said:

They are not.
Yes, they are. Playing a scene in slow motion (Which is not the same as the scene being slow in real time) is not being unfaithful.

No, they are not. Playing a fast scene in slow motion is not being faithful. And again, they repeated scenes, that's stupid.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
God dammit Pouf. Just god dammit man.
Jan 21, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2010
pkKodama said:
MCAL said:
pkKodama said:
leokiko said:

They are not.

No, they are not. Playing a fast scene in slow motion is not being faithful. And again, they repeated scenes, that's stupid.
How is it not being faithful? They didn't add new content. They just dragged it out, added narrative. It was fast in the manga because readers can still understand what's going on (with the added help of narrative boxes), but in the anime, they need to take time to explain what's going on because otherwise it's too confusing.
Jan 21, 2014 1:11 PM
Aug 2013
This episode ended exactly where I thought it would end. They could,ve shaved a good 1 minute or so off the killua slowmo scene but I thought the rest was decent enough.
Apr 2013
pkKodama said:
MCAL said:
pkKodama said:
leokiko said:

They are not.

No, they are not. Playing a fast scene in slow motion is not being faithful.
In that case, all three episodes of the palace invasion have been unfaithful. I'm not saying you have to like it. Heck I understand why you didn't. That's a matter of opinion. But faithfulness of adaption is a matter of fact.

Dec 2012
There was such little dialogue, which was an amazing way to make you feel the tension. Loved this episode.
Jan 21, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Guilek said:
-MgZ_ said:
Omg, Madhouse is failing harder and harder. What is this? What's happening Madhouse?

Might decrease the score if Madhouse doesn't get their shit together.

Then, they should animate 10 chapters and see if the problem is solved. Seriously, One piece animates only 1 chapter and the pace looks faster.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 1:12 PM

Sep 2012
MCAL in charge of judging what's faithful to the source material and what's not. Sasuga MCAL, everywhere I go =p
I can see why people are upset at the slowing down time perspective thing, but it's probably more faithful than other shit I've seen...
Jan 21, 2014 1:14 PM
Apr 2013
Vladz0r said:
MCAL in charge of judging what's faithful to the source material and what's not. Sasuga MCAL, everywhere I go =p
I try ;)
MCALJan 21, 2014 1:18 PM
Jan 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2013
Pouf's rant at himself was a little too long and stupid, but the rest of the episode was great. Finally gonna start the battles against all of the royal guards next time.
Jan 21, 2014 1:20 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
gon went into badass mode
Jan 21, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
Pknoctis said:
How is it not being faithful? They didn't add new content. They just dragged it out, added narrative. It was fast in the manga because readers can still understand what's going on (with the added help of narrative boxes), but in the anime, they need to take time to explain what's going on because otherwise it's too confusing.

"They didn't add new content" If only...
"otherwise it's too confusing" What is so confusing about that scene?
MCAL said:
In that case, all three episodes of the palace invasion have been unfaithful. I'm not saying you have to like it. Heck I understand why you didn't. That's a matter of opinion. But faithfulness of adaption is a matter of fact.

No, not really. There are parts where it's indeed in slow motion, like Netero's attack that seemed to be in slow motion for Pitou, or Youpi's fight. But Killua killing those two wasn't supposed to be.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
MCAL said:
Vladz0r said:
I try ;)

... and fail.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2012
loved this episode and I actually didn't even mind the slow motion this time although i do hope it ends soon. killua was a beast when he one shotted those 2 ants epic stuff
Jan 21, 2014 1:26 PM

Jun 2010
leokiko said:

So will you decrease the score if they continue adaptating the manga faithfully?

And oh man, they must be scared that you are gonna lower the score on a english website they probably don't even know it exists. LOL.

OH. They are adapting it faithfully? I can actually name a thing that they changed.

-The narrator wasn't supposed to say that the two ants Killua saw is in the direction where Ikalgo was headed. Killua was supposed to speak and say that they were standing right in Ikalgo's path.

But that's not the point right? THEY FUCKING ADAPTED 5 PAGES OF MANGA INTO A 4 MINUTES OF ANIMATION. Can you really call that a proper adaptation? If they are messing up the pacing can you still call it being faithful?

Your second sentence doesn't make any sense. It's like a kid's argument. Do I mean to scare them when I said that? Don't be ignorant.

Guilek said:

Yeah... it isn't slow indeed . . . . .
Jan 21, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
the face of Gon EPIC
The first part was better than second one.
Shoot Fight...
3/5
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jan 21, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
I am not going to lie. Didn't like this episode that much. Probably this is the second episode I didn't like in HxH. Pouf's monologue felt stupid(melodramatic and exaggerated) and too long. The scene with Killua took too long imo and it was actually repeated without narration. I liked Shoot's start of the fight and the end was Awesome.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 21, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2013
Fucking epic episode.
That look on Gon's face at the end, damn he looked pissed. Even though he wanted to fight the King, I'd say he isn't anywhere ready for a fight of that magnitude.
Jan 21, 2014 1:38 PM
Apr 2009
I can't hold all the feelz for this episode and anime. Gon is going to kill the entire kingdom.
Jan 21, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2011
The scene of killua could have been epic.
The invasion is the best but I really hate this chapter.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jan 21, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Loved the shoots fight, the killua and pouf bits felt abit dragged out. That Gon face at the end though!
Jan 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2012
Latest episodes were somewhat slow, but ok soon will serious fighting begin... producers are probably streching the anime episodes to fit manga chapters, since manga is on hiatus to give author some time. I really hope that anime will continue after ant saga... very interesting development afterwards.
Jan 21, 2014 2:02 PM

May 2012
It's actually pretty funny how badass Shoot is now.

The episode was great for me. So much character work, and the animation and the directing were again really great. Particular during Killua's scene. I know some people may call it slow, but I think it was just emphasize Killua actually going through with what he was doing. It's been awhile since we've seen Killua this protective over someone else besides Gon.

I also think personally that Pouf's monologue gave him some more personality to his undying loyalty.

grsh said:
Latest episodes were somewhat slow, but ok soon will serious fighting begin... producers are probably streching the anime episodes to fit manga chapters, since manga is on hiatus to give author some time. I really hope that anime will continue after ant saga... very interesting development afterwards.

Again they're following the anime pretty closely from what I can see. Besides there is no reason to stretch it out, Togashi aint coming back any time soon.
Jan 21, 2014 2:05 PM
Apr 2013
I forgot to mention... I was so immersed in the Youpi fight, I forget Gon and Killua weren't at the staircase anymore until the narrator pointed it out. So that was pretty sweet.
Jan 21, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2013
Great episode, as usual. I loved the fight with Youpi, am really interested to see how they plan to take him down.

If there was a problem with the episode, it was the Killua and Ikalgo scene. Not that it was drawn out, but just that it felt somewhat..awkward. The animation, timing, and narration just didn't flow together at that scene, it felt somewhat disjointed and not very pleasant to watch. I took a look at the manga version and honestly I kind of prefer that one.

Also, best scene in the episode was hands-down Pouf's mental breakdown. It was a strange mix of bizarre and hilarious, and actually gave him some great characterization. I really like the way MadHouse just did the scene in general, bravo.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
Great as always
Jan 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2012
Gon_Killua said:
These last two episodes have been brutally boring. I want to watch a fight happen. Not a instant replay of it. I'm sick of this slow motion garbage. Completely ruining the show imo.
dude shut up , this is not fckin shingeki no kyojin first 5 episodes , too much hype and fast pace ruin things, hxh is on hiatus on manga why would you want to rush the episodes so much? The episode was fckin amazing and i cant wait till next week 10/10 obv, and by seeing MaL rank rising up thank god most of the people here dont think like you and this haters...
Jan 21, 2014 2:27 PM
May 2010
pkKodama said:
MCAL said:
pkKodama said:
leokiko said:

They are not.

Yes they are, I think you must rematch the manga, by the way, in the manga they took almost half a chapter in killua killing those two ants....so I think it was well done. First of all explaining what he was thinking all of the way in slow mo, and then playing it in normal pace. I f you want that things go stupidly fast go and watch another generic anime.
Jan 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2013
I'm dying to see the next episode, that gon face at the end was epic.
Jan 21, 2014 2:30 PM
Apr 2013
f4b10 said:
Gon_Killua said:
These last two episodes have been brutally boring. I want to watch a fight happen. Not a instant replay of it. I'm sick of this slow motion garbage. Completely ruining the show imo.
dude shut up , this is not fckin shingeki no kyojin first 5 episodes , too much hype and fast pace ruin things, hxh is on hiatus on manga why would you want to rush the episodes so much? The episode was fckin amazing and i cant wait till next week 10/10 obv, and by seeing MaL rank rising up thank god most of the people here dont think like you and this haters...
Calm down...
Jan 21, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
Damn Pouf is the gayest shit I've seen in a long time :D

Good ep, but the killua ikalgo scene was waaaaaaaay too dragged
Jan 21, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
NHS-KEMISH said:
I you want that things go stupidly fast go and watch another generic anime.

Actually, I want it to be faithful to the manga, and it's not. You're completely deluded thinking HxH is a psychological and "smart" anime, when actually the narrator is treating people like kids. Everything he says can be seen without the narration or slow motion.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 3:00 PM
Aug 2012
Every time I come to these threads there are always people arguing lmao

Good episode, bit disapointed that there wasn't much action. Can't wait to see Gon rip apart Pitou, he looked pretty pissed lol.
Jan 21, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
My God Pouf is simply mental.
Jan 21, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't liked this episode as much as the previous ones but oh man, the Gon scene in the end O.o Pitou is soooo dead xDDD and i want to see the king fiiiight >.< guess it still wont be in the next episode :((
Jan 21, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2011
Youpi's face 0_____________0 OMG!!!!!

Killua saw the Ants and killed them. So Ikago can go to elevator. Had he not then he would have died. T__T But CHeetu and Brovado being there : 0. Pouf has finally snapped : 0 Morel vs Pouf OMG.

Gon's face OMGOMGOMG!!!!! Was Netero telling Gon to wait his turn??
Jan 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
pkKodama said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
pkKodama said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
So let me get this straight. You guys watched the raw version of an episode with a lot of narration and slow movements and are now complaining that it was boring?

LMFAO

Maybe because we do(at least I do) understand japanese?
yeah, go ahead and laugh of your own mediocrity.

Sigh, if you understand japanese than obviously my comment doesn't imply to you. But what I don't understand why you (a manga reader) are surpised by the pace, didn't they animate 3 chapters as usual?

Since you used "you guys", your post was targeting me as well. You're a fool if you think I wouldn't defend myself.
How many chapters they animated, that doesn't matter, the fact is that, just like they did with Netero's past, the scene was ruined, Killua should be running at top speed and kill those 2 as fast as possible, there was no need to stare like that. Did I mention how they repeated scenes?
Nikoka said:
pkKodama's Profile said:
Cutest anime girl

I don't know how to tell you.. Alluka is a boy

Too bad,
, read the manga again and again until you understand. Btw... talk about off-topic.

Jan 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Nov 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Youpi's face 0_____________0 OMG!!!!!

Killua saw the Ants and killed them. So Ikago can go to elevator. Had he not then he would have died. T__T But CHeetu and Brovado being there : 0. Pouf has finally snapped : 0 Morel vs Pouf OMG.

Gon's face OMGOMGOMG!!!!! Was Netero telling Gon to wait his turn??

He was telling
http://i.imgur.com/w8L7ehw.jpg
Gon that
http://nuriko-kun.deviantart.com/art/HxH-Neferpitou-379243599
his prey was
http://i.imgur.com/K7w1qeg.jpg
there o-
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
Inugirlz said:

― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
I was so speechless during the whole episode. Although, I wanted to know what was Gon thinking after Killua left for those brief seconds ._. POUF'S Dance tho. Seriously can't wait till next episode!!! Gon is gonna kick ass and then Morels ass is going to be kicked ( sorry I just think that Pouf is way stronger than you are Morel. ) Hopefully they will show Netero and the King's battle but it's highly unlikely since anime always end at the worst timing possible. (╥﹏╥)
Jan 21, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2009
So goooooooood.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 21, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
So thats why Flutter was with them. I was wondering why the whole time during the past two episodes.
Jan 21, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Pouf wants the d.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
Killua's and Welfin's section took a lot longer than they should have. Other than that, better episode than last weeks.
Jan 21, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
Stratton-Sama said:
The new pace and constant narrating is quite annoying.
Is HxH taking a turn for the worse?

no. you're just impatient.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 147 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

393 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2014

336 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

266 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2013

209 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

921 by Willex05 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.