Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2013 5:12 AM

Aug 2012
Shoonokums said:
Lmao. Poor Jean, he looks so uncomfortable just sitting there in the carriage cosplaying as Eren. That Annie laugh was totally unexpected and it looked cute and creepy at the same time to me.

And dayum, dat Mikasa.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8a8f4595e0678786cff8f5008447984b/tumblr_mt53w7mSt51s7wghuo1_500.gif

Mikasa looked badass when she did that
Sep 15, 2013 5:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I remembered it a bit differently in the manga (no maniacal laughter from Annie and less exposition from her MP squad) but pretty good and tension filled episode nonetheless. I loved Mikasa's sexy martial stance when she confronted Annie at the end. That she was the Titan was the worst kept secret in anime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 15, 2013 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

LOL this part made me laugh so hard XD
he's epic XD

The fat guy is the best character now. I've seen that gif posted so much, lol.

He's better than those guys from that French-Parkour Film I don't know the title. Anyway, more people dislikes Annie's laugh. Why, aren't you fond of ahegao expressions?

They didn't even change the story flow or Annie's personality, so why's the fuss? lol, Light Yagami.
Sep 15, 2013 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
I'd say people liked the slasher smile better. Anything else is not good.

Personally I'm having issues with the blushing rather than the actual laughter itself.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 15, 2013 5:23 AM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:

Personally I'm having issues with the blushing rather than the actual laughter itself.

Erhm... lemme try and hypothesize what caused the blushing...

Erhm...

Mental breakdown leading to mental disfunctions, in turn leads to orgasm?
Sep 15, 2013 5:23 AM
Jul 2013

I so wish I could do that.

HalfMetalJacket said:

Me too. What was the blushing for?
Humiliation? Turned on by Armin?
Sep 15, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

Erhm... lemme try and hypothesize what caused the blushing...

Erhm...

Mental breakdown leading to mental disfunctions, in turn leads to orgasm?

We all know what caused that orgasm, I knew it all along, Armin is packing big time.
Sep 15, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
yuquall said:

HalfMetalJacket said:

Me too. What was the blushing for?
Humiliation? Turned on by Armin?

Maybe she's stressed out or something. Whatever it is, they'd do well to turn it down for the BD.

Otherwise the laughing was tolerable.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 15, 2013 5:31 AM
Sep 2012
Actually, now that I think about the blush is kinda wierd. Maybe it was to emphasize her twisted nature, that she was enjoying this, but it would've been fine without it, too, the laughter sort of made her snapping more extreme. Honestly, we just don't know enough of her character.
PipokoSep 15, 2013 5:34 AM
Sep 15, 2013 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
i don't understand how Armin recognized her??
and she is in love with him or... what the hell??
Sep 15, 2013 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
Reifel said:

Answers next episode.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 5:50 AM

Apr 2013
The real question is: did she laugh like that in the manga? I can't recall that.
Annie turning yangire, hell freaking bloody yes.
Sep 15, 2013 5:54 AM
Jul 2013
Reifel said:

She was trying to kiss him in the field, that's how he knew. =D

That episode which the FT chasing after Eren in the open field, things there weren't as they appeared to be.
Sep 15, 2013 5:58 AM

Mar 2011
Chokko said:
The real question is: did she laugh like that in the manga? I can't recall that.
Apparently not. I heard a lot of people saying that they fucked up her characterization to I went and read the scene myself and they really messed around with it :/
Sep 15, 2013 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
Edefrem said:
Chokko said:
Apparently not. I heard a lot of people saying that they fucked up her characterization to I went and read the scene myself and they really messed around with it :/

That's was I thought, yeah. It's kind of strange though, what's the point?
Sep 15, 2013 6:03 AM
Jul 2013
Chokko said:
Edefrem said:
Chokko said:

http://i20.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/31/shingeki-no-kyojin-3139135.jpg

Look at her face, is it really shocking to see her laugh in the anime ?
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Sep 15, 2013 6:03 AM

Jul 2013
Edefrem said:

Again, the laughter wasn't so off as to the blushing.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 6:04 AM
Jun 2008
Okay, Female Titan is obviously Annie, I'm pretty sure most people figured that out the first time they saw her in the titan form, I'm glad we got over that now.

Why can't Annie go through the tunnel? And Armin had people ready for her if she decided to transform, but HOW?

I hope things will be clear by the end of episode 25, or I think I will jump on the manga's wagon.
Sep 15, 2013 6:04 AM

Mar 2011
Chokko said:
Edefrem said:
Chokko said:

I have no clue. The only reason I can think of is to pander to yandere/yangire fetishes, but I HOPE HOPE HOPE that's not the case because the show's done an amazing job of not pandering or having any fanservice.
Sep 15, 2013 6:06 AM
Mar 2013
Good episode. I'm beginning to realise how much better the manga is though
Sep 15, 2013 6:07 AM

Mar 2011
Jinkuro said:

YES. All she does in this scene is smile mysteriously. Having her laugh and blush like a madwoman having an orgasm changes how people are going to perceive her character.
Sep 15, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
Jinkuro said:
Chokko said:
Edefrem said:
Chokko said:

There's a difference between a creepy smile and a yangire laugh.
Sep 15, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2011
HalfMetalJacket said:
Edefrem said:

Again, the laughter wasn't so off as to the blushing. Woah, u really fudged up that quote, and I couldn't help but find her laugh way too off. If they wanted to add in a laugh then they could have handled it better.
Sep 15, 2013 6:11 AM

Feb 2011
Hitch is such a cutie ♡

Amazing episode. Waiting for an epic battle next week and LEVI IN A SUIT OH MY.
Sep 15, 2013 6:13 AM
Jul 2013
There's obviously a difference, but to me it's not out of character.
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Sep 15, 2013 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
Chokko said:
Jinkuro said:
Chokko said:
Edefrem said:
Chokko said:

There's a difference between a creepy smile and a yangire laugh.

I suppose people likes creepy smile more, then. But I don't really find any problem with her yangire laugh at all.
Sep 15, 2013 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit that shit with annie and that ring was crazy
Sep 15, 2013 6:39 AM
Nov 2012
I think although Annie's sudden laughter was out of place, it was pretty fitting and reasonable. It was an uncharacteristic trait which meant that Annie had been completely pushed to her limits and had turned slightly mad prior to her last failure. The fact that she killed so many people probably had an effect on her as a whole, and the fact that she knows she probably can't turn back >_>

I agree, it's not as favourable or as epic as Light's scene in the finale of Death Note (the blushing surprised me a little) but I don't see how it isn't justifiable. People do things out of character. (Light was completely calm and composed like a mofo until his reveal - which drove him mad).

Overall, decent episode but a little too slow of my liking (in the beginning). Annie's reveal was nicely done, and i loved the pan out effect when they showed Annie and then the trio down the stairs looking up at her.

I just know that they're going to end the series with chapter 33.
Sep 15, 2013 6:40 AM
Jul 2013
I've been meaning to ask.. since I've seen it mentioned many many times in the thread.

What is yangire?
Sep 15, 2013 6:41 AM

Jun 2013
Jean looked kinda hot acting as Eren though... xD
Sep 15, 2013 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
You have just been found out, why not have an evil laugh while you can! No decent supervillain would ever miss that opportunity!

Mar 2011
yuquall said:
I've been meaning to ask.. since I've seen it mentioned many many times in the thread.

What is yangire?
Basically character that are seemingly normal/sane at first, but suddenly snap and go insane out of the blue.

Apr 2013
I did like the manga version more, but at the end of the day I don't think it will change much on people's perception of Annie. She looked like a psyco when I first read the manga and you probably have the same reaction from the anime only viewers..

Whatever makes her look crazy is fine with me. First we see her feeling guilty after Troest district battle, then she crushes people like it's nothing as a titan. She must have a twisted mind so to see her who usually shows a cold personality having a somewhat awkward burst of laughs is fine

The manga creepy evil grin was a lot cooler though
Sep 15, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
@salgabri

Is that a Titan in ur avatar or it's just Kronos?
Sep 15, 2013 6:47 AM

Dec 2009
Renzokuken said:

Why can't Annie go through the tunnel? And Armin had people ready for her if she decided to transform, but HOW?

If she went down it would be quite difficult for transform into a titan down there. Thats why Annie didnt want to enter the tunnel.
Sep 15, 2013 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Armin is building himself up as lil badass, brain machine. I see that the hate for him has mostly stopped flowing.
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
So i'm not the only one who thinks that her laughs reminds me of Light xD

also, is there a filler in this episode? which one?
Sep 15, 2013 6:56 AM
Apr 2013
The laugh scene was so amazing!!!
And i personally liked the beginning filler thing (or atleast i dont think it was in the manga)
Sep 15, 2013 6:57 AM
Apr 2013
LeonTrix said:
So i'm not the only one who thinks that her laughs reminds me of Light xD

The whole beginnning wasn't in the manga I think
Sep 15, 2013 6:58 AM
Nov 2009
Since I wanted to know who was the soldier fighting the female titan in episode 24's preview, I watched it frame by frame to find that it's simply Mikasa.

http://i.imgur.com/FMVhON9.jpg
Sep 15, 2013 6:58 AM

Jun 2012
HalfMetalJacket said:

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 15, 2013 6:59 AM

Jun 2007
Kuruna said:
People do things out of character. (Light was completely calm and composed like a mofo until his reveal - which drove him mad).

With Annie the difference - as ever it would seem - is the control she had over the situation. She wasn't surprised: she knew Armin was setting her up, hence putting on the ring straight away. She went along with full knowledge of what was about to go down. There was no 'world turned upside down' build-up. In DN Light's masterplan, which he was SURE would succeed, failed miserably and he was forced into a corner with no way out--only then did he react with insane laughter. And he sure as hell didn't blush, with the look of a crazed bishoujo. The whole Annie laugh thing is just a bad example of a director trying to replicate an earlier success, without the context or characterisation for it to work. Waaaay too derivative of the DN laughter.

The slutlips thing was bad enough. Now we've got OOC slutlipsxslutcheeks...
Sep 15, 2013 7:00 AM
Jul 2018

Annie's so cunning. There she goes again.
Only two episodes left. I can't wait how will they end this.
Sep 15, 2013 7:01 AM

Feb 2010
mixordia said:
I love seeing how people don’t mind about loving a murderer … see, last week everyone crying a lot for Petra and today everyone saying that they loves the person who killed her LOL… I agree with Mikasa, this world is cruel... just saying :)

If you see context, everything is possible. It's the same as Hector and Aquiles (I'll not spoil anything here, but those who knows Troy will understand what I mean). Sometimes this happens in a story.

I think Annie is an awesome character, even though I felt for Petra's death - not much for her death itself, but the consequences after with her body been dispatched and her dad scene.

This is just a reminder that this show is about war and death comes in a war. Annie killed Petra defending herself, and Petra died fighting. I don't know Annie motivations yet, but I don't think she's killing just for fun without a objective or purpose. IMO it's totally understandable caring for characters from both sides. Cruel? Maybe... but so it is loving a show about deaths and suffering.
FaytzSep 15, 2013 7:09 AM
Sep 15, 2013 7:08 AM

May 2009
LeonTrix said:
The part with Marlow getting beaten up by the soldiers was the only anime original stuff in this episode. Oh, and Annie's brief dream at the start wasn't shown this early in the manga.
Sep 15, 2013 7:11 AM

Aug 2011
Mmm, so tense like I remember it. Cliffhanger was great.
Sep 15, 2013 7:19 AM
Sep 2013
dankickyou said:
Armin is building himself up as lil badass, brain machine. I see that the hate for him has mostly stopped flowing.

badass he may be, but
Am I the only one that is actually worried over the character progressions the characters are receiving?
Sep 15, 2013 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
what a unexpected turn of event so annie was the female titan!

I am suprised!
Sep 15, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2013
asekuro said:

I am suprised!

Your sarcasm is soooo undetectable.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 15, 2013 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
asekuro said:

I am suprised!

Your sarcasm is soooo undetectable.

What if he's speaking the truth? Nah, he's being sarcastic
Pages (21) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

397 by topfloorboss45 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

941 by topfloorboss45 »»
9 hours ago

» How KSI's new song ties in with themes portrait by AoT

Ghost_Davo - Oct 16

39 by Analyzer404 »»
Yesterday, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

945 by topfloorboss45 »»
Yesterday, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1565 by topfloorboss45 »»
Yesterday, 12:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.