Forum Settings
Forums

Do you workout, exercise or even playing sports? and why are you doing this?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2013
Lift to look sexxxxy

Jul 5, 2013 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
I don't do anything special just running, bike riding, elliptical trainer, and such.
Jul 7, 2013 7:55 AM

Jul 2011
I play hockey for the kicks and giggles
Jul 7, 2013 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
I dont play sports :[
only gym
Jul 7, 2013 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
I masturbate with my left hand; why you ask? Because it's easy and fun to do.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 7, 2013 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
Lets see, I played football from middle school to my 10th grade year in high school, I grew tired of it and family issues make me so I have no time to play. I still try to workout sometimes though.
Jul 8, 2013 2:35 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoy it probably the only reason.
Jul 8, 2013 3:36 AM

Jun 2012
I exercise a lot, but don't really play sports anymore. I'm a fairly active person so I don't oppose the idea, but none of my friends like sports. Might join a club in the future.
Jul 8, 2013 3:41 AM

Jan 2012
So, we even need a generic "Do you lift brah?" thread in current events, nice.
Jul 8, 2013 3:42 AM

Apr 2011
I don't do anything, because I'm lazy and apathetic as fuck.
Jul 8, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2011
I'll start lifting when my PT gets back from vacation. It's needed seeing as I'm a noob at this. Tired of being a slender person so. Time for change.
Jul 8, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2009
Sports keep me in form.
Jul 8, 2013 11:42 AM

Jan 2012
Peten00b said:
I masturbate with my left hand; why you ask? Because it's easy and fun to do.

This.

But seriously, I might go on a walk outside once every few weeks, but that's about it. Too lazy to do much else.
Jul 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2011
I play basketball every Sunday in a rec league, really just to talk shit and keep in shape. Try to get some running and lifting in before work in the mornings, but that has amounted to maybe 2x a week. Why? So I don't become a lazy fat unattractive piece of shit of course..
Be humble or be humbled.
Jul 11, 2013 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
I walk outside 10-60 min a day. I am a very lazy person.
Jul 11, 2013 9:03 PM

Apr 2013
and why are you doing this?
Because I don't have the self esteem to be like "I'm big and beautiful. Don't hate my curves."
Jul 13, 2013 8:36 AM

Jul 2010
I exercise religiously ...because I love to watch the guys in the videos sweat and take off their shirts hahah ...That is my great secret for getting so fit and looking younger .

But in person I will probably swear i just do it for my health and to be around for my grandkids but inside i just want shaun T to do the crunches without his shirt
Jul 26, 2013 3:41 PM

Jul 2013
I hate doing sports and exercising. I think it's boring and my whole body aches the next day. I used to like sports and I was pretty much of a tomboy growing up but my sister said that I would look ugly in a dress when I'm so muscular.
Jul 26, 2013 4:05 PM

May 2013
Hell no.

Anneli said:
I hate doing sports and exercising. I think it's boring and my whole body aches the next day. I used to like sports and I was pretty much of a tomboy growing up but my sister said that I would look ugly in a dress when I'm so muscular.
That's not necessarily true. I know a few attractive tomboys and people that like tomboys.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jul 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
35 minutes a day, so i could maintain my weight and i probably need it anyway since i sit here way too often.

Anneli said:

how do you get muscular from doing sports (if you're a woman)?
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jul 26, 2013 4:41 PM

Dec 2011
I workout for 2-3 hours, 3-5 times a week. I work out for different reasons, but as of late, I want to look good so I can cosplay some cool people :D
Jul 26, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
biitchstick said:
35 minutes a day, so i could maintain my weight and i probably need it anyway since i sit here way too often.

Anneli said:

how do you get muscular from doing sports (if you're a woman)?

I'm not muscular now, but my arms were quite muscular when I was about 10 or sth. I used to do chin-ups (not sure if it's the right word. Got it from google translate :D) just for fun.
Jul 26, 2013 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
I honestly started working about about 5 weeks ago... and I like it.

I got my parent's to sign me up for a gym membership, and I go to the gym basically every night if i can.

The thing is , I'm a really skinny dude, about 130lbs and 5'8, and the gym instructor told me that i'm one of those people that have a harder time to gain muscle mass (ectomorph), etc. But hopefully, this will not discourage me from trying my best and utmost effort into my goals.

I also bought a 2lb jug of cheap protein powder to try out.

tbh, the thing that encouraged me to work out and gain body bulk was overall boredom during the summer, and i thought it would be a huge ego boost/self esteem boost for me for the upcoming last year of highschool. I wouldn't mind a bit of female attention as well, and I was somewhat inspired by the "Free!!" guys... which is why I also go swimming occasionally, lol. Kinda embarrassing.. -.-

I still got alot to learn, i'm doing all this without a personal instructor btw! And I find it difficult to sometimes attain the right/proper posture and contract the right muscles when working with the weight equipment. I'm afraid of straining something.
Jul 26, 2013 9:14 PM
Dec 2012
I've never had the need to work out, my body is naturally in great shape. But I do advanced martial arts from time to time.
Jul 26, 2013 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
5'9" 202 lbs athletic

play college football and work out mostly because I have to due to football but also becuase I like to work out. But I don't work out for the sole purpose of looking good, that's just a byproduct of hard work. I'm an athlete that just so happens to love anime. There were quite a few on my football team back in high school. I'm also doing this for the juxtaposition of being an Asian nerd and an athlete because I never exactly fitted in either so I had to find out for myself. What I am now is what is the result of my searching throughout childhood, middle school, and high school. I have a lot of interests due to this. I also hate the stereotype that all athletes are jocks, I am in no way a jock. I hate that word. I am not ashamed of being an avid watcher of anime and a hardcore video gamer(fighting games is my forte) and also athletic who happens to play college football. It is my goal to unite like-minded individuals with similar interests(plays football and loves anime) on MAL to know that they are not alone. WE ARE THE Guys(and gals) who play (american) football, love (american) football who also happen to like anime!!!!!!!!
1L0can0Jul 26, 2013 11:06 PM
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Jul 26, 2013 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
Polo is fun as hell so that's why I play. Riding bikes is fun as hell so that's why I do it.
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.
Jul 26, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2012
I play pickup games of basketball, football, soccer, and baseball with friends, but I don't play any school sports or anything (as if I'm good enough to play college ball haha). I do workout/exercise on days that I'm not playing those sports though. I wanna try and get back into shape since my muscles atrophied and cardiovascular endurance became shit after having surgery a while back.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jul 26, 2013 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
I lift weights and do some running. I enjoy sports overall but I'm not in any team, so they're just played whenever it happens.
Jul 27, 2013 1:08 AM

Apr 2013
MenmaKawaii said:
I do not play any sports because I am not that athletic I just do workout and exercise.I stopped working out last year because I don't have a lot of time but then I decided to start all over again three months ago. I do workout in my house not in the gym because I don't have enough money I usually do workout every other day because muscle needs to rest and my time to watch anime.

I decided to workout because all I do in my life is to watch anime and not going out sometimes with my friends and I was weak and quickly hit by disease

So how about you? do you workout,exercise or even playing sports.
I love working out, I enjoy it so much, I do it every 2 days and try to beat my previous weight last workout. I don't like cardio too much (i use to) But im gonna grab a exercise bike to burn off that fat make my abs more viewable. I workout with a friend but i also plan to join gym as i use to go their and miss the various machines for different muscle groups.
Jul 27, 2013 2:39 AM

Aug 2012
Weight lifting, badminton, boxing is the only shit I do. Hate anything to do with running unless it's football(soccer for you americans out there).
~Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve
Jul 27, 2013 2:54 AM

Jul 2011
I used to play soccer but it's a few years that I don't play anymore. Now I only do 30 minutes of exercise everyday.
Jul 27, 2013 2:54 AM

Jan 2012
I do quite a bit of sports and running i enjoy doing half-marathons
Jul 27, 2013 2:55 AM

Jul 2013
Short answer is: NO I can't be bothered
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 7:45 AM
Aug 2012
i workout and play lots of different sports like basketball, soccer, and tennis. I just like to keep active and fit.
Jul 27, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2013
Anneli said:
I would look ugly in a dress when I'm so muscular.

Not if you do strength training instead of bodybuilding.

I'll marry you right now if you can do a few one-arm push-ups.
Jul 27, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2012
No, i plan to weigh 600lbs by Christmas, i use a forklift to get around.
I dont drink water, i drink KFC gravy.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Jul 27, 2013 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
I used to play soccer when I was younger, but I've danced pretty much my entire life (started when I was 3) so I'm still dancing....

.....maybe that's why I'm so short =='
Jul 27, 2013 10:59 AM

Oct 2012
PITNB said:
I used to play soccer when I was younger, but I've danced pretty much my entire life (started when I was 3) so I'm still dancing....

that can't be the case....

i hear shortness has nothing to do with physical activity from a young age.
Jul 27, 2013 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
Danielcookie said:
PITNB said:

Actually on the contrary, more physical activity when younger thickens the bones (around the joints) so you're taller instead. Sometimes I wish I played outside when I was young but it's too much trouble.
Jul 27, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Team sports from 5 years old til about sixteen. Mostly Baseball until High school, then football, hate Basketball to play, but always got stuck doing it in PE. Occasionally play pick-up games of whatever when not working on weekends with my friends since we're all in our 20's now and have less time to goof off.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jul 27, 2013 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
Danielcookie said:
PITNB said:

Really? I heard that doing things like dancing and gymnastics from a young age can prevent people from getting quite tall (though it probably is wrong if I look at some of my relatives hahaha)
Jul 27, 2013 11:20 PM

Jul 2011
Doing sports and going to gym is like a confidence booster for me. That is why I choose to either go to the gym or sign up for a sports club. I like exercising and also it's very healthy. :)
Jul 27, 2013 11:47 PM

Oct 2012
I casually go on the treadmill and jog whenever i've got the time.
And I usually eat healthily.
It's so I don't become a fatass.

Jul 27, 2013 11:49 PM

Jun 2012
Yep....
Sit-ups (so my stomache stays flat)
Squats (other reasons.....)
Baseball (The only sport I'm good at)

That's about it.
Jul 28, 2013 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
I used to gym a lot back in College but studies got in the way so I sorta let myself go. A little later after graduation, I was diagnosed with having a bad back which made me prone to disk slippage. I was tasked to do back stabilization exercises (read: abdominals) and additional weight loss (from 85kg, i need to hit 75 kg).

So I do jog almost everyday of the week and I did a diet change, reserving the junk food for Sundays as a reward and leaving my carbs for just the morning and none for the rest of the day; I'm down to 81 kilos today so its good progress.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
I like sports. I'm not very good, but I like it. I do it for fun and to stay healthy. Unfortunately, while playing volleyball at school (I really REALLY like to do digs and dives; I find them fun, exciting, and able to keep the ball in play), as well as basketball and soccer, injuries built up and the cartilage in my knee has worn down. So I got really fat because the doctor told me I can't do too many 'hardcore-ish' exercise for several months. Hoping I'll be better by September!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
After years of running, my knees are WRECKED

i'm fucked, i can't even lift, (for girly tone of course)

made me seriously depressed for a few years. there are other options but now i'm apathetic about it. good thing i'm still skinny.
Jul 28, 2013 12:39 PM

Mar 2013
Used to be in a basketball league when I was younger, but due to some things, I stopped playing competitively. I still play 2 on 2 street with my friends now sometimes.
Jul 28, 2013 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
Sure, I exorcise... I have to go get my computer and some breakfast before i can finally get back to bed and relax.

But yea seiously:
I usually don't exorcise much, do any sports or workout. Especially not to lose weight (don't really need to), only if i feel like it...
I do however use my bike quite a bit each day, and i don't (always) sit inside all day. I'd might even start playing volleyball soon (maybe).
Jul 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah I like Cardio workout the most, listen to some music and just think about shit..
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why spelling of english language is so hard? its the only language that has spelling competition?

deg - Yesterday

24 by JaniSIr »»
13 seconds ago

» What are you doing right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Mayhem- - Dec 25, 2020

465 by JaniSIr »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Let's appreciate MAL

Shizuna - Jun 6

23 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

59 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Blaming Japanese media for their low birth rate is simply untrue

ABigChungus - Jan 14

39 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.