Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2013 1:12 PM

Apr 2010
Despite the things you say that are some logics in this anime firstly the reason why they put the body of grandpa in the fridge was because he mentioned it to them and he said that he could return to his body at some point with with his research.
That he able to move in a stuffed anime can be explained with technology seeing everything he already made however the memory transfer needs some more explanation.
There hasn't been any technology yet that could store as much data as the human brain.

The enemy's attacks are all aimed at there power source this a very obvious thing the attack it was mentioned that everything in there world functions on the energy supplied by that generator.
If you are planning a invasion the first two things you would want to take out is the communication of the country your invading and the weaponry they are using to defend themselves.
So by taking out that generator the enemy efficiently takes out both the way of communication and there weaponry.
Feb 1, 2013 1:18 PM

Feb 2013
this was just a neutral episode
Feb 1, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
Himawari's weapon is awesome. Both shield and guided missiles. When they become VividYellow it becomes some kind of shield/railgun hybrid too!

I'm really interest in Homur--, I mean Rei's backstory now. :)

Feb 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Dec 2012
NAKED POWER! Himawari's cannon is pretty damn cool, my new favourite vivid, Goodbye Akane.

GuiltyKing said:

1. Now I know where the funds for Magi went to.

This lol
Feb 1, 2013 2:29 PM
Feb 2010
So far, it's like Precure, but with butt shots. Lots of them.

8/10
4/5
Feb 1, 2013 2:45 PM

Jun 2010
And. We finally have our Yellow Ranger.

I gotta admit, I really like the docking between the Red and Yellow Ranger. The red and yellow hair peaks my interest.

Feb 1, 2013 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
Nice animation from A-1, even at the baseball scene, now lets put some of that energy into Magi, shall we?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 1, 2013 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
I liked Tiro Finale more xD
Feb 1, 2013 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
I've been wondering, why is it always "Naked" for blade, rang, impact, and collider? and everyone just seems to know how to dock huh!!
Anyway, Vividyellow is definitely the best right now, so hot and cool, though Akane's voice still doesn't fit the image!! Will there be Vividred, I wonder?
The fight is getting boring, but still a fun watch.
Signature
Feb 1, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
Magito said:
So we got a total of six rangers:

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, and Pink.

We got four now, and two left.

haha pretty sure that chick with the bow will be black even her scarf is black,but who will be Pink hmmmm~

new girl pretty much transformed into Mami from Madoka was only missing the guns

but i swear for some reason almost every show this season has more than 1 ED
Feb 1, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
Magito said:

haha pretty sure that chick with the bow will be black even her scarf is black,but who will be Pink hmmmm~

new girl pretty much transformed into Mami from Madoka was only missing the guns

Lul pretty sure there's only the 4 of them. Judging by the cover + the girl that shoots arrows.
Feb 1, 2013 5:44 PM

May 2011
There was a significant lack in posterior loli this episode. Ah well. Himawari is OK. Reminded me of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai the way she was a shut-in.
Feb 1, 2013 5:47 PM

Aug 2012
I really hope this gets better soon because good OST and character design aren't enought to make me enjoy a anime :/
Feb 1, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2012
That girl who broke her promise to Himawari...ugh. I would totally take the blame. I really would, I've been bullied like that before, so....

THE DOCKING. OMG, HIMAWARI, YOUR BOOBS.

I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE ORANGE.

BUT IT WAS YELLOW.
Feb 1, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Vivid yellow easily puts all previous docked vivid girls into shame, even her 00 qan't/AGE-FX esque shield and blustia cannon like weaponry is awesome to watch. her drill hair reminds me of Naito Argent Loup Mitotsudaira and her mom since they shared the same hair length

Am I the only one who still finds Akane's boomerang the most badass looking weapon? I can only imagine how awesome it will look like once she transformed into vividred mode
AzrecFeb 1, 2013 7:17 PM
Feb 1, 2013 8:24 PM

Nov 2011
Very cool episode with a particularly awesome soundtrack. This show is just tons of mindless fun.
Feb 1, 2013 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
neontaster said:
Very cool episode with a particularly awesome soundtrack. This show is just tons of mindless fun.

true that, somehow those OSTs frequently reminds me of the soundtracks that played when I first watched Gundam Unicorn O_O
Feb 1, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2010
I thought it was okay at first, but the show is seeming a bit too generic for my tastes. And all the butt-shots annoy me. Dropped. :\
Feb 1, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2012
livingdeadkat said:
I thought it was okay at first, but the show is seeming a bit too generic for my tastes. And all the butt-shots annoy me. Dropped. :
Just when the staff said in an interview that ep.5 will be a turning point that takes the series in a different direction (ep.1-4 are obviously for introduction of the heroines and their transformation/docking). But of course the staff also said that the "eye-catchiness" will stay, which I reckon means the butt-shots will stay as well ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 1, 2013 10:34 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
livingdeadkat said:
I thought it was okay at first, but the show is seeming a bit too generic for my tastes. And all the butt-shots annoy me. Dropped. :
Just when the staff said in an interview that ep.5 will be a turning point that takes the series in a different direction (ep.1-4 are obviously for introduction of the heroines and their transformation/docking). But of course the staff also said that the "eye-catchiness" will stay, which I reckon means the butt-shots will stay as well ;-)

Where did you see that? Now I'm highly curious.
Feb 1, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
It is from the interview with the director in the latest issue of Dengeki G's magazine.

The relevant part of the interview can be found in this scan:
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/ppp_20130126072012.jpg

Let me translate part of it:

ストーリーのターニングポイントはどのあたりになるんでしょうか
Q: Around which episode will there be the turning point of the story?

高村:やっぱり5話ですかね。5話はいよいよあの娘が中心のお話なんですが
それまでとは少し違う雰囲気になってますね
Takamura (director): I'd say it's episode 5. Finally in ep.5 we will have that girl as the focus, and the mood will be a bit different from what came before.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 1, 2013 10:52 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
neontaster said:
It is from the interview with the director in the latest issue of Dengeki G's magazine.

The relevant part of the interview can be found in this scan:
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/ppp_20130126072012.jpg

Let me translate part of it:

ストーリーのターニングポイントはどのあたりになるんでしょうか
Q: Around which episode will there be the turning point of the story?

高村:やっぱり5話ですかね。5話はいよいよあの娘が中心のお話なんですが
それまでとは少し違う雰囲気になってますね
Takamura (director): I'd say it's episode 5. Finally in ep.5 we will have that girl as the focus, and the mood will be a bit different from what came before.

Oh wow. Thanks!
Feb 1, 2013 11:03 PM

Apr 2011
Oh wow, turning point next episode!

Himawari-chan is <3
Feb 1, 2013 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
Magito said:

Himawari-chan is <3

She's like a less crazy Frau.

neontasterFeb 1, 2013 11:21 PM
Feb 1, 2013 11:25 PM

Sep 2012
Ha ha, Frau also immediately came to mind when I watched this episode as soon as I saw the aircon running on power mode when they came inside Himawari's home LOL

Feb 1, 2013 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Ha ha, Frau also immediately came to mind when I watched this episode as soon as I saw the aircon running on power mode when they came inside Himawari's home LOL

Yeah, the aircon really made me laugh because of Frau.
Feb 2, 2013 2:21 AM

Aug 2012
I was shortly before dropping this, finally an atleast somewhat interesting episode.
.................................................................................
Feb 2, 2013 3:55 AM

Oct 2011
neontaster said:
symbv said:

Yeah, the aircon really made me laugh because of Frau.

actually there were other characters that came before Frau who are obsessed with airconditioning, if ever you know Keima of TWGOK and Alice of kamisama no memo chou :3
AzrecFeb 2, 2013 4:17 AM
Feb 2, 2013 4:02 AM

Oct 2009
My, I could not stop laughing watching this episode. Especially when Akane broke the camera.
And Wakaba voice reminds me how I can't get enough of Toshino Kyouko.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 2, 2013 5:02 AM

Apr 2011
Tyrel said:
katsu044 said:
Magito said:

Lul pretty sure there's only the 4 of them. Judging by the cover + the girl that shoots arrows.

I actually based my assumption on the trailer itself. Notice that there's always a different colors representing each characters intros.The Black one is Rei, while Pink represents Momo.

neontaster said:
Magito said:

Himawari-chan is <3

She's like a less crazy Frau.

If I were to choose either of the two. I'll choose Himawari-chan. :p

azzuRe said:
My, I could not stop laughing watching this episode. Especially when Akane broke the camera.
And Wakaba voice reminds me how I can't get enough of Toshino Kyouko.

wow, You're right. I quickly look at the database as soon you mention it and I can hardly believe. I didn not notice it from the start. Kyouko-chan is my favorite character, so knowing she's facing Wakaba is a plus for me.
MagitoFeb 2, 2013 5:05 AM
Feb 2, 2013 12:09 PM

Nov 2011
Magito said:
If I were to choose either of the two. I'll choose Himawari-chan. :p

I gotta go Frau. I need a bit of a pervert, personally.
Feb 2, 2013 1:54 PM
Nov 2012
Is this anime all about visuals? Am I right? I really enjoy it while I don't care for the story.
この国では、成長途中の女性のことを『少女』って呼ぶんだろう?だったらやがて魔女になる君たちのことは、『魔法少女』と呼ぶべきだよね
Feb 2, 2013 10:34 PM

Sep 2012
Watched the episode for the THIRD TIME.

That GN Shield Bits (from Cherudim Gundam) armament of Himawari is so kickass and cool.

Now I wonder how many caught the Madoka reference in this episode? Should be many I guess.

Feb 3, 2013 12:44 AM

May 2010
It still bothers me how every-time there is a new member they automatically now what to do like they done it before.
Feb 3, 2013 5:36 AM

Mar 2011
I love how cheesy this anime is. Everyone is so accepting. Although they kind of sort of had an excuse for the docking this time as she was a genius and figured it out instantly somehow..... yeah.

Well putting aside the cliche characters and set up, this is a fun anime to watch and is pretty much what I expected.

But anyhow they are just asking for the world to end, why would they put 95% or whatever it was of the earths energy in one place?

babak159 said:
Is this anime all about visuals? Am I right? I really enjoy it while I don't care for the story.

Yes it is xD.

Story in a sentence: evil alien monster things attack earth and little girls have to save it. Exactly the same set up as Strike Witches and Sky Girls and probably others I don't know.

If you want any more development than that, I think you will be disappointed. But if you can except the cheesy setup and lack of story, it is quite fun to watch.
TehWhiteTigerFeb 3, 2013 5:40 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 3, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2012
Yet another awesome transformation sequence! :D

Yellow, curly, twin-tailed girl with oppai! That's so Mami xD though I doubt vividyellow will lose her head any time soon... and NO producer! don't you dare do that in the future too!! This series is just too sweet and nice to have a twist of fate D:

Looks like next ep is going to be about Rei, kinda curious about her part of the story :3 hope she is on the good side ><

p/s the Akane x Himawari ED is pretty nice too! ahh how will the shipping goes ><
Feb 3, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
So awesome, this show. So mindless and beautiful! Check your brain at the door, set your Naked weapons to 'fun', sit back and enjoy the ride!

Kuroki "black rider" Rei next week. Might save Momo(iro) chan for an emergency pink ranger.

Only eight episodes left, can't wait! Is it too early to hope for season two???
Feb 3, 2013 11:58 AM

Jun 2012
Well I recognized something. Maybe that these four episodes, Akane has been making friends and suddenly they get keys and they easily defeat the Alone after that (output- 120%, 150%, 200%..). All along the same lines, so it's a little repetitive at this point. At least I believe that is the last of the addition, so next episode will be something new.
3/5.

Feb 3, 2013 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
Mhmm. I agree with others who are saying that it is starting to get slightly over-repetitive. Hopefully things start to actually go somewhere now though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 3, 2013 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
Well, it's obvious that the producers are doing the intros for the four girls before
moving on to the serious stuff.

I wonder if they'll get Rei to join next episode? But I doubt it'll that easy. Well, lets see how it goes.

I agree the that whole story is cliche and repetitive, and lots of fanservice shots, but if you can set that aside, Vividred is fun to watch. And if you like cute girls, fanservice, lolis, and an old man stuck man stuck in a stuff toy's body, then great!
Feb 3, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2012
ViviPan (nickname for Vividred in Japan) is rising again in Amazon BD sales ranking after ep.4 As I have expected, Yellow is most popular among fans (while Green is the least popular).

Feb 3, 2013 8:12 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
ViviPan (nickname for Vividred in Japan) is rising again in Amazon BD sales ranking after ep.4 As I have expected, Yellow is most popular among fans (while Green is the least popular).

Sales of what exactly are you looking at? Is it like on demand streaming/downloading or physical purchases?
Feb 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Sales of what exactly are you looking at? Is it like on demand streaming/downloading or physical purchases?
I think my mention of Amazon should give you enough hint that it is about physical purchase ;-)
What the anime industry cares about is the BD/DVD sales. Legal streaming constitutes only a tiny bit of revenue for the anime production. It is only the sales in Japan that counts at all.

ViviPan started up in top position for this season's anime, but over the last 3 episodes has weakened quite a bit as its position in bestseller ranking keeps going down. The trend is finally reversed with the airing of ep.4. It is still not back to its original high position but hopefully things will improve from now on.

Feb 3, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
I think my mention of Amazon should give you enough hint that it is about physical purchase ;-)
What the anime industry cares about is the BD/DVD sales. Legal streaming constitutes only a tiny bit of revenue for the anime production. It is only the sales in Japan that counts at all.

ViviPan started up in top position for this season's anime, but over the last 3 episodes has weakened quite a bit as its position in bestseller ranking keeps going down. The trend is finally reversed with the airing of ep.4. It is still not back to its original high position but hopefully things will improve from now on.

Well, Amazon also has a pay streaming service. But what I don't get is what are they buying? Do they release each individual episode or are these preorders of volume 1 that'll be released whenever?
Feb 3, 2013 8:38 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Well, Amazon also has a pay streaming service.
Does it have pay streaming service for anime? Besides, I was talking about Amazon Japan.

neontaster said:
But what I don't get is what are they buying? Do they release each individual episode or are these preorders of volume 1 that'll be released whenever?
The way anime sales works has a big emphasis on preorders. So when an anime is being aired, the anime BD/DVD is available for preorders. Based on the size of preorders, the production will decide how many copies to make.

Feb 3, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Well, Amazon also has a pay streaming service.
Does Amazon have a pay streaming service for anime? Anyway I am talking about Amazon Japan, of course.

neontaster said:
But what I don't get is what are they buying? Do they release each individual episode or are these preorders of volume 1 that'll be released whenever?
The anime industry puts much emphasis on preorders. When an anime series is being aired on TV, the BD/DVD is made available for perorders, and depending on the size of preorders they decide how many copies to print.

Feb 3, 2013 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
The way anime sales works has a big emphasis on preorders. So when an anime is being aired, the anime BD/DVD is available for preorders. Based on the size of preorders, the production will decide how many copies to make.

OK, that's what I wanted to know. They really break it down like that on a week by week basis and then say "this character is more popular and this isn't"? That's pretty terrible if it is a major factor in the creative process. Sometimes something isn't immediately popular but builds to become something loved...
Feb 3, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
They really break it down like that on a week by week basis and then say "this character is more popular and this isn't"? That's pretty terrible if it is a major factor in the creative process. Sometimes something isn't immediately popular but builds to become something loved...
Character? Not sure what you mean here. But it is true that preorder is carefully monitored by the anime production people (I am not sure if it is done in weekly basis or daily basis or whatever) because if they make too many copies it will just become extra cost. Anime production does not have big scale so it can be sensitive to any extra cost.

As for your point about series not immediately popular, if a series manages to become much more popular before its broadcast on TV is done, preorder will catch up. On the other hand, the ground reality in Japan is that the vast majority of purchase of anime BD/DVD happens in the first few weeks after its release. So even if it becomes a better loved series later (which is not that common anyway), sales does not often pick up that much.

Feb 3, 2013 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Character? Not sure what you mean here. But it is true that preorder is carefully monitored by the anime production people (I am not sure if it is done in weekly basis or daily basis or whatever) because if they make too many copies it will just become extra cost. Anime production does not have big scale so it can be sensitive to any extra cost.

As for your point about series not immediately popular, if a series manages to become much more popular before its broadcast on TV is done, preorder will catch up. On the other hand, the ground reality in Japan is that the vast majority of purchase of anime BD/DVD happens in the first few weeks after its release. So even if it becomes a better loved series later (which is not that common anyway), sales does not often pick up that much.

I was talking about your first post on this topic - you said the sales from this week were up, indicating that people like Yellow (and like Green the least). Question is does that factor in to the creative process? Do they look at those numbers and say "we need to give Yellow more things to do" even if it isn't good for the plot? I mean, I'm sure there's a little bit of that in every movie or TV show all over the world because you are trying to make a product that people will want to buy, but I guess I was just wondering if the fact that they keep such a close eye on sales (for the reasons you mentioned) impacts their decisions regarding the shows themselves.
Feb 3, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
I was talking about your first post on this topic - you said the sales from this week were up, indicating that people like Yellow (and like Green the least). Question is does that factor in to the creative process? Do they look at those numbers and say "we need to give Yellow more things to do" even if it isn't good for the plot?
I am sure the production would not come up with a main character in a team that is much less popular than others. So I believe the relative popularity of Green vs Yellow is something of a surprise to the production. And even though for anime series, later episodes are still being made while the early episodes are aired, it is very difficult to change the screenplay to a big extent as a lot of teams are involved. It does not mean that they cannot do something if they sense a certain character is being much popular but big changes are unlikely.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

208 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.