Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
I only had a small whish to see a Sinon-teaser. Still, I loved the series overall, but the last ep felt like a bit of a mess... I read the novels, so I know everything's in the episode as it should be. Still... It felt weird.

Also, I think I'm the only one here who reallyyyy enjoyed the Anime? But then again, I also thought Guilty Crown was >enjoyable<, so my argument might be invalid.
Love the SAO-universe, so hopefully more in the near future.
Dec 22, 2012 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
Zahlia02 said:
I only had a small whish to see a Sinon-teaser. Still, I loved the series overall, but the last ep felt like a bit of a mess... I read the novels, so I know everything's in the episode as it should be. Still... It felt weird.

Also, I think I'm the only one here who reallyyyy enjoyed the Anime? But then again, I also thought Guilty Crown was >enjoyable<, so my argument might be invalid.
Love the SAO-universe, so hopefully more in the near future.
It not invalid.Why do you want to change your opinion or say that it's a bad one because others claim that GC or SAO are not enjoyable?
Dec 22, 2012 4:20 PM

Feb 2012
"My right eye is all foggy so I missed" AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA DEAR GOD.

Pro ending.
Dec 22, 2012 4:23 PM

Nov 2007
Ramkec said:

Pro ending.

I know I have seen very few anime compared to many of you but this guy is the shittiest villain if I can recollect from all the anime I have seen thus far.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 4:24 PM

Dec 2011
I loved SAO but ALO was just carp the whole time. While watching sao I never thought I'd be glad that it was over ...
Dec 22, 2012 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
shanimebib said:
Ramkec said:

Pro ending.

I know I have seen very few anime compared to many of you but this guy is the shittiest villain if I can recollect from all the anime I have seen thus far.

Do the villains from Bleach and Naruto fillers count?And the villain from 11eyes.

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Ramkec said:

Pro ending.

In terms of shitty villains he's on par to Truth From Eureka Seven AO.

Feb 2012
Disappointing ending tbh... skipped some nice scenes...
and why no GGO teaser D:
Dec 22, 2012 4:27 PM
Nov 2010
Not bad, kinda fell off with the ALO arc, but overall pretty interesting.
Dec 22, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2010
Why Asuna didn't show much at the last episode (disappointed) want to see more from her
The ending was ok, it could be better
Overall I give 9/10
(Still I don't understand people who always says "hate this anime" but still they watched till the end
Why don't you just dropped it
Dec 22, 2012 4:32 PM
Dec 2012
When I heard "Crossing Fields"-- I literally flipped my desk because I was so happy to hear the original OP while going through the whole anime. Possibly one of the worst endings ever. WHY DOES THE LITTLE SISTER END THE SHOW(when I mean end, they focus on her and the "castle" rather than Asuna) UGH.

I feel like if ALO wasn't in the series, SAO would of gotten a better rating.

SAO - I loved it. I'm a fan boy - 9/10
ALO - Kill thy self. 4/10

Sorry, I'm not even gonna group ALO into the series. It was just that awful.

BYE
Dec 22, 2012 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
I won't deny that I was fanboying it pretty hard during SAO ARC because I actually enjoyed most of it. When it got to ALO arc my enthusiasm dropped so much that it's laughable. I skipped 10 mins of every episode in ALO mostly. Most of the skipping w/ his cousin and many other boring ass parts.

I kinda wanted to do that with some episodes two, it was a little painful to watch, being funny and cliched at the same time. Hell, I still like this show.

Kyube said:
That does only mean, that people cannot differ between logic and own opinion or that a show can have many good points and many bad points and that you can argue about points you like, though you didn't like the whole series. That wouldn't make you a fanboy.

Yes.

ssjokg said:
Well they can always check our lists.

I'll check yours then.
Dec 22, 2012 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
First part felt incredibly rushed to me, one second he's on a bike, then the next he's being cut up by the pervert/rapist, and then kissu kissu and everythings back to normal. Once again though, sao brought many laughs, especially during the 'dance' on the clouds which frankly made me think I was watching a Disney movie. No-one could have wished for a happier ending, well, maybe Suguha but who cares. I sort of wished Kirito died or slit pervert/rapists throat then run that surely would've made things more interesting.
Dec 22, 2012 4:38 PM
Nov 2012
It was a very very good anime ^^ Im looking forward to the next season! I hope they are making another one :D my friends are all waiting for it! AWESOME ANIME ^^
Dec 22, 2012 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
I wouldn't recommend 11eyes to people. It has just as many plot holes, bad romantic developments and asspulls as SAO.

I heard the VN was decent though.
Dec 22, 2012 4:39 PM

Aug 2011
moonbby said:
I sort of wished Kirito died

If only....

This is the closest we'll ever get though.
Dec 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
They dance in the air so that's why this arc named Fairy Dance?

Connecting countless of MMORPG will surely cause trouble.

Well, season 2 won't be bad to kill my time with.

Dec 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2012
Kirito- wakes up with all skin and bones with long dreary hair
Asuna- Still hot as ever

nice job A1
Dec 22, 2012 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
SAO - 9.4
ALO - 8.6

Average Total of 9.0 XD!

Looking forward to GGO
Dec 22, 2012 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
egnaro315 said:
Asuna- Still hot as ever

nice job A1

She's being treated at a top notch hospital with parents that have billions of cash. She was treated getting cleaned and everything while in hospital. Ofc this wasn't mentioned in anime, but if I recall it is in LN..
Dec 22, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2007
egnaro315 said:
Asuna- Still hot as ever

nice job A1

Asuna was in a better hospital because of her father's status. Use common sense.*

*at least that is what has been recommended by some SAO fans.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 4:55 PM
Aug 2009
It's rare to see a good ending from an Anime.
Dec 22, 2012 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
shanimebib said:
egnaro315 said:
Asuna- Still hot as ever

nice job A1

Asuna was in a better hospital because of her father's status. Use common sense.*

*at least that is what has been recommended by some SAO fans.

In one of the subsequent novels you meet the nurse that was taking care of Kirito. Either she didn't do a good job, or lolA1
Dec 22, 2012 4:57 PM

Nov 2007
MrNeet said:
It's rare to see a good ending from an Anime.

And it's rarer to see it for a bad anime such as SAO.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
egnaro315 said:
Asuna- Still hot as ever

nice job A1

She's being treated at a top notch hospital with parents that have billions of cash. She was treated getting cleaned and everything while in hospital. Ofc this wasn't mentioned in anime, but if I recall it is in LN..
Even in the LN she wasnt that healthy.

Dec 2010
Thoughts:

• Dat Sugou. He never learns.
  • Finally a fucking kiss between Asuna x Kazuto!
  • Yes, slice-of-life harem set in a school environment. Let there be a spin-off!
  • Why would you ever upload The Seed onto the internet for infinite number of people to download? That's just dumb. That's just inviting hackers and shit to exploit the program for their wicked cause [again]. Not to mention from a business perspective, having many companies running these virtual worlds only creates more competition. Even with the fact that all worlds are on the verge of being one, that kind of monopoly doesn't sound the least bit profitable.
  • ROFL @ the dancing. It was soo cheesy!
  • Damn, Kirito letting go of Leafa's hand only to let the momentum lead her into his arms. Smooth.
  • Dat Aincrad. That's probably one of the easiest ways to make multiple arcs/sequels...
  • ROFL. No. They did not just do the "I said something but the audience can't hear it" thing. Omg.

Well whatever I thought it was a good open ending. We saw most of the characters back in the earlier episodes so that was pretty cool.

Looking for a sequel!

Apr 2011
I've never seen so much undeserved complaining about an anime before. This one was epic as hell, so many babies on this forum...
Dec 22, 2012 4:59 PM

Jan 2010
Man, i really enjoyed this anime, and if anything i really want this technology to be produced. The idea of being able to play a game like that as your self is amazing i hope i get to see this technology in my life time.

Dec 22, 2012 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
egnaro315 said:
Asuna- Still hot as ever

nice job A1

Even in the LN she wasnt that healthy.

Eh. Well close enough she's being treated better xD.
Dec 22, 2012 5:01 PM

Oct 2011
The ending wasn't as amazing as I suspected.
I think I will give this anime a 8/10.
I enjoyed it..
Dec 22, 2012 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
Great ending for a mediocre anime. I like the idea of them properly clearing the 100 floors this time.
Dec 22, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
DesolateOne said:
Thoughts:

• Dat Sugou. He never learns.
  • Finally a fucking kiss between Asuna x Kazuto!
  • Yes, slice-of-life harem set in a school environment. Let there be a spin-off!
  • Why would you ever upload The Seed onto the internet for infinite number of people to download? That's just dumb. That's just inviting hackers and shit to exploit the program for their wicked cause [again]. Not to mention from a business perspective, having many companies running these virtual worlds only creates more competition. Even with the fact that all worlds are on the verge of being one, that kind of monopoly doesn't sound the least bit profitable.
  • ROFL @ the dancing. It was soo cheesy!
  • Damn, Kirito letting go of Leafa's hand only to let the momentum lead her into his arms. Smooth.
  • Dat Aincrad. That's probably one of the easiest ways to make multiple arcs/sequels...
  • ROFL. No. They did not just do the "I said something but the audience can't hear it" thing. Omg.

Well whatever I thought it was a good open ending. We saw most of the characters back in the earlier episodes so that was pretty cool.

Looking for a sequel!

1)I see what you mean but Kirito sadly(or not) it's not us.I honestly say that I would use it to make tons of money.
2)It wasnt the SAO game that killed the players but the Nervegear.Even if they hack it they wont do shit to others.And simple hackers cant do what Sugou did if thats what you mean.
Dec 22, 2012 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
Yo ssjokg do you know what Kirito said when you're unable to hear it in the anime? I can't recall in LN if they said it.
Dec 22, 2012 5:09 PM

May 2011
Enjoyed the series, thought the last episode was a little on the slow side and the dancing with Sugu was a little odd to me. But I like the idea of connected games so I would like to see if that goes anywhere.
Dec 22, 2012 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
Yo ssjokg do you know what Kirito said when you're unable to hear it in the anime? I can't recall in LN if they said it.

"It's a rematch".I posted it some pages ago....Nobody pays attention to me T_T
*runs away*nice
ssjokgDec 22, 2012 5:39 PM
Dec 22, 2012 5:13 PM
Sep 2012
^ It wasn't even revealed in the LN. What are you smoking?

People rating it 10. Craving for a 2nd season.

I see many here want to see the Kirito Harem. Nice.
Dec 22, 2012 5:14 PM

Aug 2011
Crossing Field for the final ED? You spoil me, SAO. I enjoyed this episode a little too much I thought. I appreciate the return of long forgotten characters from the side stories, they were still largely unimportant people but their brief return still put a smile on my face. Asuna seems to look great in…anything. In any game, it seems.

The start of this show was very disjointed with huge time skips and mini-stories. The first ep was amazing and it slowly drifted into the obscene. It wasn't until Kirito and Asuna left the guild for their country getaway did I fully appreciate the show. Their care for Yui and generally the latter half of the SAO game was the most memorable, intimate and enjoyable moments for me. Seeing their relationship grow and then the beautiful ending of the first arc. This was when I really felt an affinity to Kirito and Asuna, and was truly moved by their love for each other. I felt it should have ended their for this season. If it only could have been just that part of the show, 2 cour and it explored the 100-floor dungeon in detail, I would have loved it. Amazing openings and endings too. Wonderful.

But then Alfheim Onlne happened, much to my surprise. In a nutshell, I didn't like it at all. Hated the character designs, the game world, the abilities, the villain, the OP and ED. Sugu was nice, but she was no Asuna. In this world, the once powerful and protective woman is now reduced to a pervert's vulnerable play-thing. It was difficult to watch because it became even more generic than the last arc. The final Sugou fight was awful. It was over in seconds. What I did like was the explanation of the World Seed and it's affects. It was a touching snapshot to see all the characters return. Most of which I couldn't remember their names but I only came here for Kirito, Asuna and Yui.

The idea of full-body MMO experience is interesting but in the end it could have been more thoroughly explored. I thought it was only there as an excuse to strengthen a guy's determination to protect who and what he loves. 6/10 altogether.

Despite this, GGO sounds like a fresh direction for the characters to head it so I'd like to see that animated so I could return to what ever adventures Kirito and Asuna are up to next.
Dec 22, 2012 5:14 PM

May 2011
bippo said:

The huge floating castle slowed, then stopped moving just before touching the upper branches of the World Tree.

"It's for a rematch."

Kirito said in a quiet voice.
Dec 22, 2012 5:16 PM
Sep 2012
^ Kirito's piercing glance looked at Aincrad, for a moment he was downcast. His lips moved, whispering a name, but she couldn't hear it.
Dec 22, 2012 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
Well it's over didn't really get the feeling I get from other animes I like when they end.
This episode felt like an OVA to me idk why lol
Feel bad for Suguha she's just to hot for Kirito to handle.
Kinda happy to see it end.

Well if anyone wants to clear hundred floors you can always play the game on psp.
I probably won't play because it looks cheap like just a cash cow game but w/e.
Dec 22, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2009
bippo said:

Yeah sorry wrong part of the LN
"Kirito's piercing glance looked at Aincrad, for a moment he was downcast. His lips moved, whispering a name, but she couldn't hear it."So either Sachi or Heathcliff/Kayaba Akihiko.
Dec 22, 2012 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
Alright ending. I reckon solid 6.5/10 :D
Dec 22, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2011
bippo said:
^ Kirito's piercing glance looked at Aincrad, for a moment he was downcast. His lips moved, whispering a name, but she couldn't hear it.

damn, didn't catch that
Dec 22, 2012 5:21 PM

Aug 2009
RockerXD said:
bippo said:

damn, didn't catch that
Same here.When I saw "Kirito said in a quiet voice."I thought that was the one....
Dec 22, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
7/10. Literally because of the good BGM and VA. For a project that was hyped THAT bad and claimed to aim for top 10 this is pure dissapointment. Cheap work, really.
Dec 22, 2012 5:35 PM

Aug 2009
AlexGK said:
7/10. Literally because of the good BGM and VA. For a project that was hyped THAT bad and claimed to aim for top 10 this is pure dissapointment. Cheap work, really.

Protip:Never listen to the fandom of a show that hasnt aired yet.The show didnt promise anything.
Dec 22, 2012 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:

*runs away*

Honestly I was paying too much attention to the other stuff that happened :(. I knew it was said somewhere a while back, but I never knew what Page.
Dec 22, 2012 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:

*runs away*

Honestly I was paying too much attention to the other stuff that happened :(. I knew it was said somewhere a while back, but I never knew what Page.
Nvm I was wrong anyway....
Dec 22, 2012 5:39 PM
Oct 2012
Kerozinn said:
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
Kerozinn said:

what baffles me is when ppl who seen hundreds of shows still give this one a 10/10 and write a review about it ..
So?Some dont have the bar set so high even after 400-1000 anime and others dont give a shit about the flaws.Part of every series.Nothing new.

having the bar set low and ignoring simple facts and still rating it 10/10. those ppl maybe should ask themselfes WHO they rate the anime for. even better when those ppl write reviews.

I really don't get why you make 10+ posts in every thread, complaining about the "fanboys" rating a show you don't like too high while having shows that are not "master pieces" rated as 10 yourself.

As for the people asking what Kirito said at the end:
" His lips moved, whispering a name, but she couldn't hear it. "
It was probably Sachi's name, since she was the person whose loss hurt him the most in Aincrad.

Greatest lovestory ever told.
whatever123456Dec 22, 2012 5:46 PM
Dec 22, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
7.5/10

can anyone tell me what kirito said to Leefa and Asuna at the end (hopefully he asked for a threesome)
Pages (29) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

25 by alban123 »»
Oct 17, 9:21 AM

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1271 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

746 by Boopry »»
Oct 1, 8:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.