Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2011 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It really was a relieved ED.
tsubasaloverMar 11, 2011 8:16 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2011 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
Watched it yesterday and loved it despite the fact i have basically no idea what they were saying,lol

I nearly had an heart attack when i thought,that Doumeki told Watanuki that even though he is marrying Kohane,Watanuki is still the most importnat person for him.Well,i guess he does not need to say it...we know it.
Now i believe even more that the marriage happend only for Watanuki´s sake when we know Kohane´s feelings too (Watanuki has freakin harem).

It was very nice to see all of those DouWata moments from Doumeki´s perspective and it also made me realize how i missed that over-the-top Watanuki.
Oh,and i must mention THAT cigarette scene:)
Mar 13, 2011 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
OMG. I found those who even made comparisons/draw parallels with X/1999 with the two mothers totally strange, but...

Watanukis reaction was placed into scene quite well.

Overall I really liked it, it had quite some nice atmosphere. And Fukuyama didn't sound so much lik the usual FukuJun in the first few lines.
Through these feet in the flashbacks... Ow. Reminds me of how strange the first season looked...
shina_lunaMar 13, 2011 2:58 PM
Mar 18, 2011 3:42 PM

Oct 2009
m...m...m...M...MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i was looking forward to a watanuki x domeki ending

oh well at least its kohane, she's a very nice sweet girl...i'm just so glad that it wasn't that bitch hinwari hahaha jk
Mar 18, 2011 4:44 PM

May 2010
What a mystifying episode! I can't believe Doumeki and Kohane are getting married! Though it seems that Kohane is actually in love with Watanuki unless the subs I read were wrong. Felt kind of sad for Watanuki since everyone else is paired off while he's alone. Makes me really wish they would bring Yuuko back so that Watanuki has someone but oh wells. God I wish there was another season of xxxHolic, it's too good to end.
Mar 20, 2011 6:43 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
UGH , Doumeki and Kohane getting married ... well yeah , now that ruined the whole episode for me . Well ever since the fail ending of the manga , I wasn't waiting for any grand epi but before the ending , it was at least nice seeing the flashbacks and such . Made me miss even more the previous Watanuki . Now he's just too serious and mature and I just didn't want him like that . Ever since Yuuko died, it's been disappointing x.x
Mar 22, 2011 11:40 AM
May 2008
I might have missed something but what happened to Himawari or was she not mentioned.
Mar 22, 2011 2:01 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. I like the whole flashbacks. I like how Watanuki and Doumeki always go back and forth to each other. Though a little disturb about Doumeki and Kohane are getting married. Here I thought the manga couldn't get worse. I always thought Kohane only cared about Watanuki and those two seem more likely to pair if it never worked out with Himawari. Oh well.

pyroblage said:
I might have missed something but what happened to Himawari or was she not mentioned.

Last episode she called the shop and told Doumeko that she is getting married to someone.
Mar 22, 2011 4:17 PM

Nov 2010
Watanuki awkward movements all his life seem to have paid off now that he has to dodge/ fight spirits. was pretty leet to seem him serious xD
Mar 22, 2011 4:57 PM

Dec 2008
I kinda figured that Doumeki and Kohane would end up together. That wasn't a surprise for me. What did surprise me was the nature of the relationship between Kohane and Doumeki! If I understood the conversation between Watanuki and Doumeki, the "unrequited nature" of the relationship means Kohane loves Watanuki, but Kohane and Doumeki are not really in love with each other. Was this marriage arranged just to produce offspring to look after Watanuki because he is bound to the shop?

I did enjoy watching the flashbacks. It made me realize just how sad I am that xxxHOLiC has come to an end. Wow! It's really over. I don't want to believe it. I'm still going to hope for another season and/or more OVAs.

And what about that damn egg??????
Hannah_AnaMar 23, 2011 7:55 AM
Mar 22, 2011 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
Doumeki and Kohane are getting married? That was unexpected for me.
Mar 22, 2011 8:04 PM

Feb 2008
watanuki gets screwed again, every love interest gets snatched from his clutches. Damn can he get a break jeez.
Mar 23, 2011 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Kohane became a real Beauty, from the OP

well watanuki can pair up with Yuuko, both are ageless
Mar 23, 2011 9:08 AM
Jan 2008
I wish watanuki would pair up with yuuko and have lots of babies... XD

I would , if I was him...
Mar 23, 2011 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
ok first of all, did Watanuki and Doumeki´s grandpa shared a indirect kiss? XD
It was so implicit....

Second:
- Doumeki loves Watanuki
- Kohane loves Watanuki
- Watanuki probably loved Yuuko

So...Doumeki marries Kouhane?! WTF. I dont feel any love there. Marrying for friendship sucks.

CLAMP really likes Sad endings...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 23, 2011 3:34 PM
Dec 2007
Nearly fell asleep, plus I really didn't have any clue regarding what they were saying. Strange choice to produce 2 OADs like these, they should have made another season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 24, 2011 1:23 AM

Sep 2009
I want more. It just feels too depressing for Watanaki to end here.
Mar 24, 2011 5:03 AM

May 2008
saxophone15 said:

I agree. I was sooo looking forward to this episode and this is what i get?!! *about to cry* I kinda thought Doumeki and Kohane would end up together but knowing it would really happen, I just cant believe it!
I was so happy seeing Watanuki again and the flashbacks in the dream... then that invitation ruined it all! (Yes, Im a DouWata fan!)
Of course I didnt expect Watanuki and Doumeki to end up together but for Doumeki to marry Konahe even though he knows that Konahe treasures Watanuki more is just disappointing! And I feel sad for Watanuki being left all alone. This cant be the end!!! D:

Anyway, I really did miss Watanuki. And i love seeing the past and present him at the same time. It really shows how much he matured! He was also surpired to see himself and asked 'Was I always this noisy back then?' (yes, you are! XD but I still love you.) I think the ending song fits this episode too (Its represents Watanuki hidden feelings. LOL)
melroseMar 25, 2011 2:19 AM

BADGES: ll MUSIC LOVER ll [TSC] ll C.C.O ll
Mar 24, 2011 7:04 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, I really loved the OVA, but from the second part specifically I loved the art while Watanuki was going through that dream world. Kudos to CLAMP for making the animation flow so splendidly.

Oh, and I know everyone else has been asking the same thing, but does anyone have a clue to whether CLAMP is planning on making a new season? I would die happy if I could see the rest of the manga animated. XD
Mar 24, 2011 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
I don't think there'll be another season. It was supposedly Rou, so they have no reason to make more.

Watched the raw just to make sure what was told me, that Kohane and Doumeki would marry. And... wow, that's it. Poor Watanuki.
Mar 25, 2011 1:44 PM

Mar 2008
What do you mean ... Poor Watanuki?
He just waits for Yuuko...

I think they will do new season... Someday...

Mar 25, 2011 1:44 PM
Jul 2008
OMG, I loved the episode! I like Doumeki so much! He's so comprehensive, it's kinda unique.
Furthermore, to see those dreams. omg, I almost cried :x The young Wata was so freakin' cool, and watching the scene where Doumeki has a ribbon that links to Wata...*_*.
The ending was a bit predictable. I mean, if you read the last chapter of the manga.... you know that this would happen, even though Kohane has feelings for Wata.
Mar 26, 2011 9:39 PM

Mar 2009
I was shocked when I saw Kohane and Doumeki's wedding invitation . I was kind of expecting a Watanuki and Doumeki ending, but oh well, it was a fitting ending either way. I thought this episode was great, but it's kind of sad because there a major possibility that will be more no seasons/ova for the series and for Watanuki to end like this.

Also, did the dream sequence remained you of Inception a little bit to anyone else?
Neko123Mar 26, 2011 9:44 PM
Mar 26, 2011 9:48 PM

Mar 2009
Orulyon said:
ok first of all, did Watanuki and Doumeki´s grandpa shared a indirect kiss? XD
It was so implicit....

CLAMP really likes Sad endings...

I thought of the same thing if Watanuki and Doumeki kissed or anything.

And about ending thing, it's basically true and everybody knows that CLAMP just loves sad endings most of the time.
Mar 27, 2011 11:22 AM

May 2008
I just feel so bitter about xxHolic... Am I the only one who feels like both the anim and manga endings were kind of abrupt and unexplained? I almost cried for Watanuki, Doumeki, Kohane and Himawari :/ All of it just sucks. Even so, I liked the melancholy feeling this episode had. <3
Mar 27, 2011 2:54 PM

Aug 2007
This OVA wasnt special at all. A dream and few things that happen between doumeki and Watanuki.

But the final was a sorprise: about Kohane and Doumeki: they will get married.
Mar 29, 2011 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
One simple question: Is this it, over, finished?
Mar 29, 2011 6:09 AM

Nov 2008
Well, wow. That wasn't really better than the manga ending.. at all.
At least the ending song is nice, especially the lyrics. It's almost like CLAMP is telling us how sorry they are for giving the the series such a horrible ending.

The song is so good I almost want for forgive them.
Almost, but I won't. Never reading anything by CLAMP again. I should have learned my lesson years ago with the way all their series tend to go downhill and the utterly ridiculous endings. It's like they don't even give a damn anymore.
Mar 30, 2011 6:06 PM

May 2009
Villetta_Nu said:
And what about that damn egg??????

Read the manga

so yeah... CLAMP are serious bitches with their endings... ican't help but love them, though >w>
Mar 31, 2011 5:56 AM

Aug 2008
I wasn't really expecting a Doumeki & Watanuki ending but why did Doumeki had to find someone? There was a good chemistry between them and it's all ruined now :P
Mar 31, 2011 1:22 PM

Sep 2009
All you retarded "gonna pair them all" fan girls can go die in a hole.
Apr 1, 2011 5:00 AM

Nov 2007
so this was the last episode. geez~ thinking about this make me reallys ad., but can'td o naything about it..:(

so, watanuki really looks cool in the mission., totally different from how he was before. i love the doumekixwatanuki flashbacks., its great to see doumeki's perspective.. and woow., nice views, ehh? aha. it really will make someone feel like the only important person for doumeki is watanuki.. :)

doumeki x kohane was getting married. totally didn't expect that.. but really as they said, kohane's still most important person is watanuki.. and doumeki's okay with that.. we all know the reason, and so does watanuki (i think.) that is because doumeki's most important person too is watanuki.. maybe they love/like eaach other., doumeki doesn't make decision anyway of he doesn't feel liek it right? but not as much as they love watanuki.. So it's okay for me.. atleast it is not himawari.. ahahaha.

watanukixyuuko ftw! :)
Apr 1, 2011 11:29 AM
Feb 2011
Nice OVA, loved the flashbacks.

And it still seems to me, that maybe, just maybe, they will create another season only because of that egg? (or smth similar to it), that Yuuko has given to Doumeki and said "I hope you won't hesitate to use it when the time comes"
Apr 3, 2011 2:33 AM

Jul 2007
I enjoyed the second part more than the first. It was a very well-balanced episode and I liked the ending of this more than I did the ending of the manga series, which was quite sad by comparison.

Overall great episode. Sad to say we'll probably see no more...
<---made of awesome!
Apr 6, 2011 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
saxophone15 said:

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way
but I actually liked this, it had a melancholic mood to it. Also, about Doumeki marrying Kohane, I wonder how that came to happen
Apr 9, 2011 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
I quite like this episode.

Of coarse Doumeki and Kohane getting married is a bomb shell! But when Doumeki said that Watanuki is Kohane's most important person, I keep hearing at the back of my head "and also mine"...

Seriously it's like they married each other because they both treasure (love) Watanuki!!!!

And with that the xxxholic franchise comes to an end. . .

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Apr 13, 2011 9:59 AM
Oct 2008
Ni_tamashi said:

Seriously it's like they married each other because they both treasure (love) Watanuki!!!!

Hmm...Yes, I think you're right.

I took the flashbacks from Doumeki's point of view with what Haruka said,"It seems these were all things he wanted to forget." When the memories were all of times when either things between them were the worst or when Watanuki's life was in serious danger, I thought, that's significant because what else would be going through your head at times like those other than thoughts of how much you love this person? Perhaps he wanted to forget these moments because he didn't want to be reminded of how much he loves Watanuki.

Marrying Kohane is a little like giving up, which I feel like he decided to do because now Watanuki is immortal, sort of, and he'll outlive him one day.. I guess everyone knows that Yuuko is never coming back (I mean, she's dead, right?) And Kohane knows this situation as well...plus there's that whole can-never-leave-the-shop thing.

Which in theory I think these things shouldn't be that much of an obstacle IMO, 'cause if you're really in love with someone, something like that shouldn't matter, and as for the immortality thing, spend the time with them while you've got it. Maybe it's a bigger deal than I think?

Anyway, since Clamp decided neither can really be with him...they did this. LOL

I was so happy that Haruka seemed to be in on the DouWata shipping too by making him do the dream thing...and then the invitation. Ouch.
Apr 17, 2011 7:23 PM

Jul 2008
This is the worst ending I could ever imagine!!! I can't say that I didn' enjoy the anime but after so many years such disappointment, I can't stand this hrr...And the end of the manga was so"but what the hell is going on?", after so many years I'm very disapointed and I don't know how to expres my feelings:( I'm in despair
VisenaApr 18, 2011 8:43 AM
I'm only a girl with metaphysical soles...
Apr 23, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
IDex said:

Agreed, take your yaoi parings and leave cuz it will never happen. clamp would never ruin xxxholic by doing that.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 29, 2011 1:49 PM

Apr 2010
Susan said:
I enjoyed the second part more than the first. It was a very well-balanced episode and I liked the ending of this more than I did the ending of the manga series, which was quite sad by comparison.

Overall great episode. Sad to say we'll probably see no more...

Yeah, same here. So sad. The ending song really made me emotional.
May 7, 2011 3:37 PM
Mar 2010
That was just amazing. I love Holic and i really hope they do some more ovas, i've not read the manga but that egg was such a big hint at something coming later than i assume they might do another one. Haven't we seen one of those eggs before though?

So Doumeki marries Kohane. As much as they always looked a good pair, in the series anyway, i think it was hinted that they would never be together.
I guess the harsh reality for Watanuki is he doesn't have anyone because he is stuck to the shop...

Still, absolutly amazing, they must make more!
May 16, 2011 6:15 AM
Dec 2010
zansabarshadow said:
IDex said:

Agreed, take your yaoi parings and leave cuz it will never happen. clamp would never ruin xxxholic by doing that.

Apparently you don't know Clamp at all.

It's obvious that Doumeki is in love with Watanuki. Just like Kohane is in love with Watanuki more than Doumeki. The man she is marrying.
May 23, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2009
Awww no way!! I need more D:
so Yuuko never return's then....
Is not that I don't like Doumeki but he is going to Marry Kohane? No way!! Kohane has to be with Watanuki!! T.T
I was just kinda disappointed in 1 thing: I wanted to see Himawari!!! Like I was expecting this ep to be about Watanuki's birthday but oh well...
I feel so calm and so full of feelings!!
I don't want this to end like this so much things I still want to know.
May 24, 2011 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
the question is who the hell does watanuki like, looks like yuko though
Jun 1, 2011 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
Damn you CLAMP!!! Where did that come from?! Poor Watanuki he's all alone now.
Jun 9, 2011 6:50 AM

Jul 2010
Omg Watanuki forever <3 I really loved this episode, the flashbacks were great and the story was quite touching. I still don't get the egg thing but well it's been a while since I saw the original episode about it...

I was really surprised when Doumeki said he would marry with Kohane but well I guess they are a good match. It's kinda sad that Kohane feels more for Watanuki (but I don't understand why she wouldn't choose him... I mean she can live in the shop, right?...) but it's also bittersweet <3

I really want a new season or at least answers about how it's gonna end, this is nowhere near satisfying! :P Oh and I loved the cigarette scene! ~(^^)~
Jun 17, 2011 6:58 PM

Mar 2010
The first OAD is 40min lenght but this second is ...27min? lol O_O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2011 7:16 AM

Aug 2007
Everyone cut crapping around that Watanuki is lonely, he has Zashiki Warashi... :3
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 4, 2011 9:40 PM

Jun 2007
Wasn't that surprised about their marriage. When I thought about someone marrying Doumeki for him to have a grandchildren I could only think of Kohane. The mysterious and lonely feeling of xxxHolic was still there but I'm really disappointed on how CLAMP ended it.
Jul 11, 2011 1:41 PM
Jun 2009
DragonsWhip said:
Everyone cut crapping around that Watanuki is lonely, he has Zashiki Warashi... :3

LOL, I totally forgot that! They should pair up because they both don't age and Watanuki's lonely with all of this friends marrying off.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about XxxHOLiC: Rou Episode 1

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

minimiau - May 9, 2010

100 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:00 PM

» Did the Anime adapt all the manga?

MoonPhos - Aug 10, 2019

6 by MoonPhos »»
Aug 7, 2023 3:41 PM

» Watanuki in blood-c the last dark (2012) movie

14theparadox - Feb 11, 2018

1 by nahnah07 »»
May 19, 2019 5:10 AM

» Episode 2?

AkkarinKHR - Sep 6, 2010

6 by tsubasalover »»
Nov 21, 2011 6:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.