Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My favorite character out of this episode is Ayuki. I love how her words are often metaphors - Hazumu and the butterfly, the plants and Tomari and Yasuna. I was getting kind of angry at what Hazumu was doing myself, so I think Ayuki did a good job telling Hazumu the reality of the situation.

The series seems to be going for a Yasuna ending now with this development in her condition. Tomari basically gave a concession speech to Yasuna, and Hazumu is trying to figure out how to make Yasuna better. The hope for a three-girl ending is still with me though.
Feb 14, 2012 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not sure I get Tomari's conceding speech...
Jan 5, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2012
rly sad episode this Yasuna cant see girl/boys aneymore Hazumu is thinking about everything that that is going wrong and Tomari is crying this episode is so sad that i even shed a tear..
Mar 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
ShanaFlame said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My favorite character out of this episode is Ayuki. I love how her words are often metaphors - Hazumu and the butterfly, the plants and Tomari and Yasuna. I was getting kind of angry at what Hazumu was doing myself, so I think Ayuki did a good job telling Hazumu the reality of the situation.

The series seems to be going for a Yasuna ending now with this development in her condition. Tomari basically gave a concession speech to Yasuna, and Hazumu is trying to figure out how to make Yasuna better. The hope for a three-girl ending is still with me though.

i like Ayuki as well

if it goes for that rout it will be out of guilt & pity & that kind of a relationship wont last!!! & in the end Tomari wins, i mean she will run back to Tomari, if not with this 12 episodes then in some OVA EP, but it will happen
Mar 7, 2013 2:56 PM

Sep 2012
i think new u people have figured out who Ayuki loves? :), she say'd she has some1 in her heart & that's why she turned down 1 before if u remember, & she say's she wont step on the stage, from this EP u shod be able to figure it out :), i sure did :)
Mar 20, 2013 12:48 PM
Aug 2012
such a horribly sad situation wat was the thing the fell on the flr in the train station jst before she lost sight of females
Nov 9, 2013 8:23 AM

Feb 2010
Damn, Hatsumu, Damn,
Gender doesn't matter, in this kind of situation, the one who is two-timing should always take most of the responsibility.
YangbojianNov 9, 2013 8:28 AM
Feb 19, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2012
Interesting development! I really wonder what the last episode will offer us!
Aug 28, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
Ugh ugh. I'm going to be so mad if Hazumu chooses Yasuna just because of her illness.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 27, 2017 10:15 AM

Oct 2016
This show sure tries hard to make me feel for characters that don't have very real seeming emotions. A very romantic series filled with characters who have hardly any love, it seems. Quite aggravating.
Warning: Loli is loyal, and may become aggressive.
Jul 7, 2019 11:49 AM
Mar 2018
Was the ending broken or was this a cliffhanger? At least it feels like it's over, but there is still oe episode to go. I just dont know where it should go from here on...
Mar 9, 2021 1:18 PM

Aug 2018
Well.. Yasuna is completely dead inside now..
That's just so sad to see Yasuna like this..
Eh, choosing one, not the other isn't necessary the solution.. But I guess right now what Hazumu needs is any push into her butt..
And choosing one isn't necessary the choice, because they can agree on three-way.. Not like it matters in girl with girl relationship, you can't have babies together anyway.. You really can just talk and commit to the both of girls, instead of one.. It's like with child.. Can't you care about more than one child?.. Surely yes, you don't need to reject one to give love to the other child.. Same thing works here..
So aliens researched Yasuna all along, hm.. Ok, understood..
And yeah.. Makes sense that we don't really differ between one animals or other ones.. Well, in some we still differ.. Like in dogs.. But we hang out with docs more.. More than with some dolphins or something..
Well.. This anime can have sad ending, it feels..
Apr 23, 2021 11:59 AM
Jun 2016
The anime sets up that Hazumu is supposed to only date either Tomari or Yasuna. I'm pretty sure everyone thought up why she couldn't just go out with both. But I don't think that makes sense "thematically" considering the set-up these episodes have been giving out lately.

"The childhood friend always loses" is a statement that's rather common in the anime community. Personally, I think jokes about it seems overused but it does seem like the anime I know of has that sort of track record? Both choices makes sense in a "thematic" sort of way. Asides from Tomari being Hazumu's childhood friend, their personalities are contrasting yet complementary. But at the same time, the whole "Yasuna can't see men until she met Hazumu" also would make sense if it was resolved with love. Well, I did say that it wouldn't make sense if Hazumu just dated both, but maybe that would end up happening.

I'm also guessing Mt. Kashima would have a significant role in the finale? I mean, the mountain served as a catalyst that started the plot of this anime. Giving it a significant role in the finale would give this show would give it the "book-ends" trope (see: tvtropes.org). That, and the mountain has a similar name to the anime.

I kind of don't get what Tomari meant when she told Yasuna: "Hazumu needs you more than me."
Jan 23, 2022 2:59 AM

Feb 2020
Wise words from Ayuki.
Sep 3, 2023 8:41 PM

Jun 2014
Yasuna is suffering deeply. If I couldn't see anyone anymore, I don't think I'd be able to go on.

Can Hazumu help Yasuna see again? Also, is Tomari really okay with giving up on Hazumu?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

31 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 25, 4:26 PM

» lol wow

kisami - May 3, 2008

5 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:18 AM

» Hazumu - Transgender

Mimerio - Oct 27, 2015

7 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 7 Discussion

16 by Sword_0 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 10 Discussion

17 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.