Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2013 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God poor Chihaya. He's dying ;.;

Damn this felt like a depressing episode. Takao and her tears ;.; Dat OST.
I'm hoping they can still succeed in their mission.
Dec 9, 2013 12:45 PM
Nov 2012
I know this is a Forum, but my dafaq metre is going overboard. I did mention previously that I-401 will transform into a cold war submarine well this is not exactly a Akula/Typhoon-class SSBN, it is equally if not more awesome.

I need to a while to think about the rating I'll give for this ep.
Dec 9, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
OH my god i cant believe i this episode has given me so many shocks i cant even think straight

Takao is Gone she sacrificed herself to revive Iona and has merged her ship to become a hybrid class hm Takaona class mayby and that music that played during that scene i was crying :,( anyway i just hope her core is still intact that might give hope of her to be restored but i know a lot of people are going to shit a brick because of this i know i am too

Kongou oh boy she is now in complete lock down and what is even worse Maya the only one she thought to have been still in her side has been revealed to have been only an illusion puppet not even really existant man the look on her face it was so sad i think shes is going to have a mental breakdown

Those Sisters my god in this series they are just truly despicable i cant even phantom it i hope they get sunk for what they did i truly despise them now argh

This episode was truly dramatic and very emotianal you got give the guys credit how they manage to capture the emotions in this episode.

Truly unpredictable and no to see how this actually ends Takao pls bring her back pls :'(
Dec 9, 2013 1:15 PM

Aug 2010
What the hell was with the FEELZ this ep T^T

The part with Gonzou on the verge of death and maybe even dying for a moment there with Iona's reaction was O_O! I didn't expect this much emotions from this show. Brilliantly done ;_;

Takao finding the Rescue capsule and seeing how Iona sacrificed herself. Her reaction thinking she doesn't have a place with him now was really touching :(...Respect for Takao sacrificing herself to return the Nano material to I-401 and merge with her. The new looks of Hybrid 401 was just beautiful and Dat OST made the scene even better >.<...So beautiful :3
I hope Takao comes back. If they get enough Nano material they should be able to return her like they did for Kirishima.

I didn't expect the Iona sisters to have that much authority. Damn Kongou totally got owned there. I really felt bad for her as well esp after seeing Maya was just a puppet and a lie all this time @_@...Poor Kongou :*(
Dec 9, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2007
HOLY FUCK THIS EPISODE! THIS SHOOOOOOW!!!

I mean...goddamn the whole time Gunzou was dying was incredibly tense and the atmosphere this whole episode was just outright heavy. Takao ;_;
Dec 9, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
Very good episode. To be honest better than I expected which means either this is a very good show or I need to get out more! ^_^
Dec 9, 2013 1:23 PM
Nov 2013
this sucks Takao was my reason for watching this and what she did for them was just god like now shes gone and much of my interest in the show. I still retain hope she will come back but i very much doubt it with just 2 episodes left im sure shes gone what a shame the merge is cool but without her who cares and kongou got screwed over by her own people because of her code overall sad episode and with takao gone it wont be the same to me.
Dec 9, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
I really hope that now they have fused that Takao's consciousness will still be there.
Dec 9, 2013 1:35 PM
Nov 2013
whitehairgirls said:
I really hope that now they have fused that Takao's consciousness will still be there.
without a body whats the point that would make it even more sad just hearing her and not seeing her tsun tsun :( really hope she gets fully restored along with kirishma
Dec 9, 2013 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
teddyggg said:
whitehairgirls said:
without a body whats the point that would make it even more sad just hearing her and not seeing her tsun tsun :( really hope she gets fully restored along with kirishma

would you rather have her completly gone i rather have her consciousness stil intact than being gone completely but i do hope she will get her body back somehow
Dec 9, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
noooooooooo best girl is gone

lol at kongou. dem feels when the world fucks you over.

5/5 amazing episode. highly underrated anime of the season.
Dec 9, 2013 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
Man, dat ending. That explain so much. It stroke me rather weird seeing someone like Maya on the fog fleet side who is sparkling with emotions. But that she and her personality were fake was quite logical. The fog is really wicked.
Gonna read the manga after the anime ended *___*

Also I am looking forward to KanColle now.
Dec 9, 2013 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:
teddyggg said:
whitehairgirls said:

would you rather have her completly gone i rather have her consciousness stil intact than being gone completely but i do hope she will get her body back somehow

Yeah they said they don't currently have enough nano materiels, so if her consciousness is still there she can be recreated.
Dec 9, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
This episode just sort of came out of nowhere, as evidenced by the sudden attack. I like the way this episode was handled, except for Takao. I imagine the writers wanted me, a viewer, to feel for her sacrifice, but I'm not buying it because they didn't bother focusing on her enough in the series to catch my interest. Whether she comes back or not is of little concern to me.

I really like Kongou's development. Can't wait to see her rebel against the Fog.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 9, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2009
A salute to Takao. May 401 sink 400 and 402.
Dec 9, 2013 1:54 PM

May 2012
Deep ass episode. For a sec there thought Gunzou was going to die. During the scene you can tell Iona was showing a lot emotions. Iona sacrificing herself for Gunzou was expected but at the same time unexpected. Started getting really tearing up when Takao saw them together. Then that beautiful sound track kick in made that seen even more emotional. I thought Takao was going to bring them up to safety not give all her nano to revive Iona and safe them both. The crazy things love will make you do. The new 401 submarine fuse with Takao's Heavy Cruiser looks so beautiful.

Kongou is ready to go another round with Iona. Wasn't expecting 400 and 402 to lock her ship down. The biggest shocker was finding out Maya was a fake and nothing more than a surveillance camera. Know that had to hurt Kongou since Maya was like her only friend. I don't know what next episode will bring but can't wait for it.
Dec 9, 2013 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
holy shit
deep ep
Takao :(
Kongou about to lose her shit
ugh, 400 and 402 >_>
Dec 9, 2013 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
HOLY SHIT ! Man, I couldn't hold the FEELS when the song started playing. T.T Poorn Iona.
What a amazingly done episode. And to think Maya was just an illusion. O.O
Dec 9, 2013 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
So many feels, what a great episode, I do feel bad for Takao tho.
Dec 9, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2010
This was a nice episode but the thing that really needs to be mentioned is the ending which was one of the best episodes endings i have seen in a while and definitely the best of this season in my opinion.
Kongou going against orders in pursuit of Iona wasn't that surprising but Maya being a bot for surveillance is a surprise, 400 and 402 taking over wasn't expected either.
It's clear they are under the command of someone else but i did not expect their ranks would be higher then that of Kongou.

And Takao merging with Iona didn't expect that either, Iona certainly gained some firepower from this merge and the Fog won't have a easy ship to deal with.
Looking forward to next weak.

Now about Iona's sinking a little explanation if something with air filling in it goes underwater it has to deal with water pressure which presses the air in the object together, the deeper the object the bigger the pressure.
This applies to submarines but also the lungs of a animal including the lungs of a human, tho for a animal and Human it's not such a big problem unless they go back to the surface to fast.
For a submarine on the other hand if it goes to deep it has to deal with to much pressure and will eventually implode crushing everything inside it including the people who are inside it.
Another problem which was shown this episode is when the pressure becomes so great the the air balance starts to change in which case some substances decrease while others increase in this case air becomes harmful for our bodies.
Dec 9, 2013 2:38 PM

Sep 2012
Omg, Takao !!!! Not you !
Dec 9, 2013 2:38 PM
Feb 2012
Fucking hell, this show sure delivers.
Dec 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Apr 2008
Jyuu-niDesu said:
I know this is a Forum, but my dafaq metre is going overboard. I did mention previously that I-401 will transform into a cold war submarine well this is not exactly a Akula/Typhoon-class SSBN, it is equally if not more awesome.

I need to a while to think about the rating I'll give for this ep.
Is that a boiler chimney on her ?

Aversa said:
It's clear they are under the command of someone else but i did not expect their ranks would be higher then that of Kongou.
Imagining a WW2 movie

400: Colonel, we're from the SS. You are arrested and to be waiting for execution.
Kongou: Under what reason !?
402: Suspicion of insubordination to the Fuhrer.
Dec 9, 2013 3:11 PM

May 2013
Noooooo Takoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing episode. Had many feels!
I am the punishment of God,
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
Dec 9, 2013 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
Omg, Takao got over 9000 bro-points for this. I like her more than ever now o.o
That scene with Iona & Gunzou was nice, too. Yes, Iona is changing as well.

That revelation with Maya was def a shock. For Kongou, too. And I'm pretty sure the two subs didn't calculate for human~esque emotions when locking down kongou. I think she has the ability to go batshit crazy, which is exactly my prediction about what will happen.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 9, 2013 3:12 PM
Dec 2013
this is quite interesting!

as a part of Takao ship till there, I don't think that Takao mental model is dispersing (ie: still full size).

The thing happen with Kongo made me think a bit. Did any ship mention about Yamato and/or Kotono?
Since in the manga, 400 and 402 is in subs fleet under Yamato control, at this time, it seem like they in much higher control level than what in the manga. So does any one thinking that Yamato may been lock by 400 and 402 (just as Kongo at the ending) and the "fire" is the result of the fighting happen there.

At this point, I think the plot of the anime gonna be completely different than the manga. so I don't have a clue what gonna happen next and my mind want to explode! Also Im new to MAL (read a lot but never join or posting anything)

btw, what will be the name of the "new" 401? Iokao? and, heck what type of ship she is now?
Dec 9, 2013 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
duh, she's now Tsundere Class Submarine Cruiser.
Dec 9, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
WOW !! This series keeps outperforming expectations. Shocking developments in multiple aspects. Gunzou, Iona, Takao, Kongou, Maya.... Just wow...

I even checked the Japanese forums (only very limited number has update because the series is only aired in Osaka region so far - Tokyo will see it only FOUR days later (!!)) and the reactions there are wildly enthusiastic !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 9, 2013 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
Ok first of all, i've read up to chapter 50 of the manga,and the anime has deviated a lot from it.
Im glad that the execution is perfect.Takao, my favourite ship is now gone,(someone mentioned that he wants her to exist within new iona but without a body,please dont do that,either restore her or leave her in our memories,terrible idea -10/10).We dont know if her core is there,i hope they search for it,or at least someone does.

Also how far has the manga gone chapter wise? I get the feeling its gone past chapter 50.

Now,if the animation wasnt of that style,the series have a lot of potential,i certainly dont mind using that animation style for battle scenes,but for casual scenes ,i dont know,its a questionable choice that keeps the show down,just by a bit.

Was i the only one heart broken when Takao said,"There is no place for me?",seeing how she didnt have a partner initially in the Fog,and when she joined the Blue Steel she still hadnt opened up.
Dec 9, 2013 3:44 PM

May 2011
Wait why am I crying!? This is a show about battleships and submarines it is not? What's with the FEELZ? Omg.Takao noooo... Tell me she'll be back... This show is one of the few in which deviation from the manga helped a lot. I haven't cried while reading the manga and I haven't expected to.cry in the anime but... Awesome ep...
Dec 9, 2013 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, Takao better not be gone though!
My Candies:
Dec 9, 2013 3:59 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was just epic.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 9, 2013 4:03 PM
Feb 2012
FrozenRemains said:
Now,if the animation wasnt of that style,the series have a lot of potential,i certainly dont mind using that animation style for battle scenes,but for casual scenes ,i dont know,its a questionable choice that keeps the show down,just by a bit.

I don't know about that, I think they are doing great casual scenes too. Don't get me wrong but it's just that the people are used to bashing CGI more than praise it. Even when it delivers :D
Dec 9, 2013 4:04 PM
Dec 2010
Wow, this episode really did a great of handling emotions. I'm feeling sad for the characters. Definately one of the best episodes of this season.

For sure I'm going to read the manga after this anime is over.
Dec 9, 2013 4:18 PM
Jan 2008
gamer2710 said:
I like the way this episode was handled, except for Takao. I imagine the writers wanted me, a viewer, to feel for her sacrifice, but I'm not buying it because they didn't bother focusing on her enough in the series to catch my interest. Whether she comes back or not is of little concern to me.

I agree that the writers should putting more focus on Takao, before they "killed" her. Because the viewers are not yet emotionally bond with Takao. Unlike anime for example Ano Hana or Clannad, I was really crying a river when Menma disappeared or Nagisa died. I really regret the lost of Takao, because I like her, but I am not feeling the pain of losing her.

Yet I totally disagree with you that Takao shouldn't come back, because without Takao the character Iona will lose the motivation to develop. Just image Naruto without Sasuke.

But not all the hope is gone, Takao just lost her body, I hope they will use the core to revive Takao.
Dec 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
the_trainman said:
FrozenRemains said:

I don't know about that, I think they are doing great casual scenes too. Don't get me wrong but it's just that the people are used to bashing CGI more than praise it. Even when it delivers :D

Casual scenes dont feel natural to me,action scenes sure do deliver and should stick with that style for them,but for me the rest is just offputting.
Dec 9, 2013 4:21 PM
Aug 2011
How I felt during this episode

The tense scene with Gunzou dying and Iona's very human reactions was enough, but then they had to sacrifice Takao and break Kongou too. My feels
ClannadianDec 9, 2013 4:25 PM
Dec 9, 2013 4:23 PM
Dec 2013
FrozenRemains said:

Also how far has the manga gone chapter wise? I get the feeling its gone past chapter 50.

it seem like the English version only go up to chapter 50, while there is chapter 51 in Chinese.

Well, I hope that Takao mental model still walking around and support Iona with the handle of "new" hull!
Dec 9, 2013 4:26 PM
Dec 9, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
Damn this episode, really amusing in a sort of ways. The emotions in here were astounding, the scenes for Iona and Gunzou were somewhat difficult to watch, and Takeo's "merged" to Iona was unexpected tbh.

I kind of hate those sisters now and uses Maya as a watcher to watch Kongou. I was hoping that Kongou will join Gunzou and sink those sisters.

Dec 9, 2013 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
hrdb338 said:
this is quite interesting!

as a part of Takao ship till there, I don't think that Takao mental model is dispersing (ie: still full size).

The thing happen with Kongo made me think a bit. Did any ship mention about Yamato and/or Kotono?
Since in the manga, 400 and 402 is in subs fleet under Yamato control, at this time, it seem like they in much higher control level than what in the manga. So does any one thinking that Yamato may been lock by 400 and 402 (just as Kongo at the ending) and the "fire" is the result of the fighting happen there.
Using the materials from Takao should give an excuse for 401 to resist override from her sisters next time.
The idea about them overpowering Yamato would open possibility of making them proxy villain before returning control of the fleet to Yamato (second season please :D

Well, if they're to reconcile with the manga, Takao will lost her ship, but have her Mental Model returned. It wouldn't cost that much material.
nseikaDec 9, 2013 4:51 PM
Dec 9, 2013 4:46 PM

Aug 2011
such a good episode. my favorite show of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2013 4:47 PM

Sep 2013
Such a powerful episode we had two selfless sacrifices and Kongou really took a beating emotionally.

That insert song was beautiful.

Iona sunk and now she has reemerged more powerful then ever before.

Looks like the submarine twins are the real masterminds, they must be something special in order to be able to lock Kongou and be able to make a puppet out of a mental model.
Dec 9, 2013 4:56 PM
Nov 2012
Deviation from the manga at this point are about the distance between our Solar System and the Andromeda Galaxy. Is basically no longer Aoki Hagane No Aperggio but now Ars Nova. Flaws? as a anime as a whole really well done. This episode Bangs up enough emotions to stir our understanding about these warships or weapons, really reading the manga there are in no where that took me on a feel trip but this does. It is by no where how I felt when I watch Angel Beats or Clannad but enough for me to reflect on the time we spent on the characters. Like the Key's adaptation, OST really played a vital role on bringing in those feels. But I felt Takao's sacrifice felt a little rush, they've could have tone it abit more.

Now I am going to do something I havn't in a previous post, comparison with the manga. Kongo gets quadruple the screentime as the main anti-villain than in the manga, I-401 and I-400 in the manga has much much more expression, thou slightly towards sadistically trolling, than the Rei Ayanami expression they get here. I-402 throughout the manga remained pretty similar(thou behind the 4th wall, she is revealed to be a Otaku and a shut-in, not sure about that). Other than that, expression wise of the character, they are all pretty similar. But I just wish the animator did abit more expression with the Sen-takus sisters than given the trademark Kuudere of the anime.

Now as for where iit is going, Iona now a Sen-Takao class Heavy Cruising submarine. Its a very large vessel much bigger than she already was and the Sen-Takus were the largest WW2 sub in existence. Put it this way the largest sub in the USN and the 2nd in the world right now is the Ohio class SSBN which displace 18,000 tonnes....Takao class heavy cruiser displaced at also 18,000 tonnes, in effect she is a Cold war uber SSBN. Will be real interesting to see what that can do under Gunzou careful leading considering they are merrying a submarine with the most well armed ship in the IJN in terms of torpedo layout. Kongo, well I felt sorry for her in the last ep, I really do sympathize her now; with weapons in lock down and Maya a dummy, wow that must hurt alot. Iona's sisters, well they are poroving far far more sadistic than their manga counterparts. But I do get a a gut feeling that the overall flagship will be revealed at the end of the season, I mean 401 & 402 must be under someones direct orders and I am not betting it on the admirality code.
Jyuu-niDesuDec 9, 2013 5:11 PM
Dec 9, 2013 4:59 PM
Jan 2008
omega_d94 said:

I kind of hate those sisters now and uses Maya as a watcher to watch Kongou. I was hoping that Kongou will join Gunzou and sink those sisters.

Wouldn't it be more fun instead of sinking those sisters, make/force them to join the Blue Steel Fleet. The first harem anime with triplets. lol
Dec 9, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
Man that was depressing. Poor Takao :(
Dec 9, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
ckberserker said:
omega_d94 said:

Wouldn't it be more fun instead of sinking those sisters, make/force them to join the Blue Steel Fleet. The first harem anime with triplets. lol

I liked your idea XD
Dec 9, 2013 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
man that escalated quickly... I mean episode 1-9 are pretty much laid-back and easy-going... and now... TAKAO!!! NOO!!! maaaan they killed the best girl.

Those twins are evil.
Dec 9, 2013 6:11 PM

Aug 2012
Damn this episode had me down a feel route. Can't believe everything that just happened...dying, sacrifices, illusions..damn.
Dec 9, 2013 6:32 PM
Feb 2013
Oh gosh... that feelsss.....
This eps still make me speechless and shaking 'till now. Was expecting about the emotion that Iona showed in order to save Gunzou, but Takao sacrificing... that thought still floating around in my head. Since we know, Takao is 2nd rate support character -you can say "background" character- and suddenly became like "main support" character, I only can say "WOW"... still can't believe it.
Giving 2 thumbs up for the change rate character to Takao. Through the last 3 eps, they gave such an unexpected change rate character on Takao in the last minutes right on the "drama" scene and the OST that can raise the feel, I can say its really a great idea.

For 400 and 402, I did hv a hunch since eps 3, that they're looks like admiral secretary or something like that and was talking about 401 -in their last monologue-. But still didn't expect their rank's higher than Kongou, and for Maya, in the first, I thought they like hacked Her circuit system, but after the explanation, its totally unexpected that she is only a "doll" in order to watch Kongou over.
Deep condolence for Kongou, in the midst of her being confused, she must lost someone who should be the one that is the most person'?' that will follow her 'till the end.

I'm totally looking forward for the next week eps. And I'm not regret it that I chose this Anime, one of the best Anime in this year. [Thumbs Up]
RyushaDec 9, 2013 6:44 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

197 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

96 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

100 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2013

75 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

84 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.