Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Lol, silly Erza this episode with her in a ponytail but in hot bath ropes. I also lol'd @ the Leon vs Gray drama. in the name of love/Juvia.

I also lol'd @ those Erza punches. So priceless. O, it's also nice to see most of the the games' competitors. They look epic and so was the soundtrack of this episode.

Stark700Nov 2, 2012 7:28 PM
Nov 2, 2012 7:35 PM

Aug 2010
Now I'm even more excited to see Natsu kick Sting and Rogue's butts!!
Nov 2, 2012 7:40 PM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Lol, silly Erza this episode with her in a ponytail but in hot bath ropes. I also lol'd @ the Leon vs Gray drama. in the name of love/Juvia.

I also lol'd @ those Erza punches. So priceless. O, it's also nice to see most of the the games' competitors. They look epic and so was the soundtrack of this episode.

Like you said,soundtrack was epic,and so was seeing all of the other competitors.I thought the animation was pretty nice too,Crocus looked beautiful and the Sky Labyrinth looks pretty cool.

I thought the ost was especially good at the meeting with the Third Generation Dragon Slayers and when we caught a glimpse of the other guilds.
Nov 2, 2012 7:46 PM

Apr 2012
I hope Natsu beat the crap out of those two dragon slayers.....
Nov 2, 2012 8:02 PM

Mar 2011
I seriously hope there's a fight between sting and natsu. That fight alone will make this arc a good one for me.
Nov 2, 2012 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
This episode was pretty good, first half was funny as hell, and in second half, s*it got serious pretty bad, Sting and Rogue part was great, soundtrack was epic, I really enjoyed that part.
Nov 2, 2012 8:41 PM
Oct 2009
Looks like instead of two chapters, they adapted one-and-a-half and will be stretching the remaining half into one whole episode. They really seem desperate to avoid catching up with the manga.

Also, I heard Keiji Fujiwara as Mato the pumpkin man! Hooray for famous people! But seriously, I'm dying to hear who they got for the rest of these new characters.
Nov 2, 2012 8:43 PM

Nov 2007
why the hell would they pick Wendy? she's easily the most worthless annoying character.

I'm guessing Elfman takes her place. Hopefully.

Needs to be more of the others.

Juvia?

What about Mira? Laxus? Gajeel? Freed and co?

Should be fun seeing all the guilds.
Nov 2, 2012 9:29 PM

May 2011
Labyrinth game begins.

Can't wait for some action~!
Nov 2, 2012 10:16 PM

Aug 2011
Can't wait until Natsu (hopefully) kicks Sting and Rogue to the curb. Hard.
Nov 2, 2012 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
It almost looks from the OP that Fairy Tale gets a second team into the top eight. I'm wondering if the 113 teams reflect that, or if it is a new rule for this iteration of the games.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 2, 2012 11:51 PM
Jan 2012
If the number of teams participating is this big, then naturally every guild can present two teams, and as seen in the OP, the second team of FT finishes in the top 8 too. I wonder who will be shown in the maze besides FT.
Nov 3, 2012 12:01 AM

May 2012
this ep was alright....
LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2012 12:10 AM

Apr 2011
I really want to see what's going to happen on the next episode!!

Nov 3, 2012 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
So it begins.....
mystik said:
why the hell would they pick Wendy? she's easily the most worthless annoying character.

Her support magic is very useful and her breath attack is as powerful as the other dragon slayers.
Zee530Nov 3, 2012 12:39 AM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 3, 2012 12:52 AM

Feb 2009
If there really is a second team, it looks awesome (according to the op :D)
I guess Wendy won't be using the new magic she learned :<
Nov 3, 2012 1:16 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode :D
I liked the OST, the Gruvion, lol at Ichiya and I can't wait for the fights to start *O*

P.S.:Juvia was so cute!!!
Nov 3, 2012 3:23 AM

Aug 2012
I Thought The Games Would Begin From Episode 156.
Guess I'll Have To Wait Another Two Weeks Or More For The Official Games To Begin.
Nov 3, 2012 5:09 AM

Oct 2010
freedom138 said:
I hope Natsu beat the crap out of those two dragon slayers.....

Manga spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
LunaNov 3, 2012 9:14 AM
Nov 3, 2012 5:31 AM

Dec 2011
It is finally starting!!!
Cannot wait for them to finish this event!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2012 7:02 AM

Dec 2011
They picked Lucy.... and Wendy. EH..
But this episode was alright.
Nov 3, 2012 9:04 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if Makarov entered a second team without the team of Natsu knowing that. I seriously hope he did.
Nov 3, 2012 9:48 AM
Sep 2012
NOOOOO WHY DID I HAD TO READ THE MANGA!!! NOW I KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TILL LUCY'S FIGHT!!! FASTER FASTER!!
Nov 3, 2012 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Juniorgando said:
I wonder if Makarov entered a second team without the team of Natsu knowing that. I seriously hope he did.

Manga Spoilers below
Nov 3, 2012 11:09 AM
Jan 2011
SadTreeButler said:
Juniorgando said:

Manga Spoilers below

Nov 3, 2012 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
Nezt episode will be fun. It looks like there will be fighting. I wonder what happeneed to Wendy. KIdnap?
Nov 3, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
Talukita said:
SadTreeButler said:
Juniorgando said:

Manga Spoilers below

I....absolutely forgot about the opening.....mainly because I disliked it so damn much....so....my apologies.
Nov 3, 2012 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
Point by point examination of this episode:
Master, why didn't you pick Mirajane? And I know she will compete anyway thanks to the spoiler intro, but still, you could have gotten 2 S-class fighters.

Erza is so cool. Is ok after the Second Origin treatment, tells Natsu to stifle it so he won't beat civilians and make Fairy Tail look even worse and also checks the meeting place for any surprises. And those fan-service shots of her in a towel...*nosebleed*

Juvia looked cute when she appeared. But it could have been funnier the whole "Lyon x Gray x Juvia" and the deal with Lyon. "WTF this deal makes no sense?!" "Whats the matter? Afraid or losing?" "..."

Oh the Sabertooth guys killed their dragons...well that explains a lot. Like why they are dicks and why they're so cocky.

And more suspicious behaviour from the Tournament host's. The Sky Labyrinth reminded me about a community game in Minecraft where you had to get through a labyrinth with 50 other competitors.

But one thing is bothering me way too much about this arc:
If indeed this tournament was held every year(they commented on the seven year gap about the tournament and Levy checked the previous records before those) , so how come no one in the seven year gap-team doesn't know anything about it? I think even Natsu should have known about this kind of a competition a long time ago. You would have only needed some of them to acknowledge the tournament when talking about it, nothing else!
Nov 3, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2009
okay. i know about makarov's choice already and everything but honestly given the people in the room to choose from. there was NO way that Juvia wasn't a better pick over Lucy and Wendy. He said he didn't pick Laxus and Gajeel cuz they weren't there but she was! Ugh. whatever
Nov 3, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
XMissAnimeLoverX said:
OMG!!! Sting and Rouge are effin hawt, though I do hope Natsu beats them...but not to bad ^^ Looking at Frosch made me sad because I couldn't cuddle him...sadly he's 10x cuter than Happy (except when he was born) <3 I wish the games would just start already, but at least I now know the games will DEFINATELY start in the next episode I can't wait XD I REALLY hope this arc will be good, because the last arc really threw me off -_- really crappy...so fingers crossed!
ALSO, I'm not seeing Juvia's new cut...liked her 2nd one (when she first joins the guild) and does anyone else kinda think the drawing is slightly different? Plus all the girls tits are hiked up real good cause they're just...weird...to me at least xD
I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE WENDY USE HER MAGICCCCC
Nov 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
It's finally here! The next episode's gonna be full of action!

Natsu FTW!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 3, 2012 4:23 PM
Jul 2012
The next episode, is called Sky Labyrinth, please dont tell me they're gonna spend a whole episode on that short part.

Also, fro's voice is fucking annoying.
Nov 3, 2012 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
"This town is mine" XD
Nov 3, 2012 7:06 PM
Oct 2009
JavierR said:
The next episode, is called Sky Labyrinth, please dont tell me they're gonna spend a whole episode on that short part.

Also, fro's voice is fucking annoying.

Hey, from the looks of things, they'll actually be showing the search for Wendy too.

Padding. A necessary evil. Might as well enjoy it.
Nov 3, 2012 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
Shinobinomi said:
But one thing is bothering me way too much about this arc:
If indeed this tournament was held every year(they commented on the seven year gap about the tournament and Levy checked the previous records before those) , so how come no one in the seven year gap-team doesn't know anything about it? I think even Natsu should have known about this kind of a competition a long time ago. You would have only needed some of them to acknowledge the tournament when talking about it, nothing else!

The tournament started while Natsu and the other were gone seven years ago. And after that the tournament held every year until now.

「オレは誰でもない誰でもいたくないのさ…」 ................................... 「後悔しても遅いのだよ…」
「ただ月の眼計画を成せれば…それでいい」 ...................................... 「現実はただ残酷に突き進むだけだ」
Nov 4, 2012 12:41 AM

Dec 2011
im lovin erza in this ep ♥
Nov 4, 2012 12:47 PM

Feb 2012
I really hope there's a fight between Natsu and Sting / Rogue.

Where the heck is Wendy? ):

I guess Elfman will take her place.
Nov 4, 2012 3:37 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012

Those bastards! Moete Kita Zo!!!

So those 2 Dragon Slayers killed their dragons? Seems fishy, I refuse to believe dragons are that weak. They dont seem that strong...
Nov 5, 2012 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
Fucking Wendy had to ruin everything again. They really should've picked Gajeel + Laxus/Mirajane instead of Wendy and Lucy.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Nov 5, 2012 5:12 AM

Apr 2008
dysphonia said:
Fucking Wendy had to ruin everything again. They really should've picked Gajeel + Laxus/Mirajane instead of Wendy and Lucy.

did you miss the fact that THEY WERE NOT THERE!?
Nov 5, 2012 5:44 AM
Jul 2012
dysphonia said:

*sigh* I don't want to say more but... really?
Nov 5, 2012 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
I know they were not there. I'm saying it would be much better if they were. >_>
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Nov 5, 2012 10:59 AM
Oct 2009
dysphonia said:
I know they were not there. I'm saying it would be much better if they were. >_>

But Elfman is there. And lookit the preview.
Nov 5, 2012 11:33 AM

Apr 2009
Makarov seems to have bet money on their winning as his slip of the tongue shows, unless his hedging his bets of course. LOL

Dang it, what's holding Wendy up?!!! A very glimpse from the preview suggests she could have been knocked...or maybe not.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 5, 2012 11:34 AM
Jul 2012
dysphonia said:

Watch the opening a few more times.
Nov 5, 2012 12:16 PM
Oct 2012
mystik said:

Juvia?

We'll see what happens - i haven't seen the manga so I can't comment. But according to the opening there's going to be some serious changes in the FT entry line-up.

And Wendy's not THAT bad, and like Erza said it's more about the teamwork. Wendy always teamed up with the rest of the main characters so that's probably the reason. And also tbh IT'S NOT JUST FIGHTING as Makarov pointed out! Like sometimes they have races and shooting competitions according to Bianca. Wendy in fact for her support magic would be one of the best choices...it's not all just about power man.
Nov 5, 2012 1:01 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
pikablu said:
mystik said:

Juvia?

We'll see what happens - i haven't seen the manga so I can't comment. But according to the opening there's going to be some serious changes in the FT entry line-up.

And Wendy's not THAT bad, and like Erza said it's more about the teamwork. Wendy always teamed up with the rest of the main characters so that's probably the reason. And also tbh IT'S NOT JUST FIGHTING as Makarov pointed out! Like sometimes they have races and shooting competitions according to Bianca. Wendy in fact for her support magic would be one of the best choices...it's not all just about power man.

Agreed.

Also Wendy is not an annoying character imo, see Bleach's or Naruto's heroines if u wanna see an annoying character. :P
Nov 5, 2012 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
Fairy tails' battle for no1 is going to get very interesting now ...

can't wait for the next episode ^_^

@Youjinbou , how can you hate Wendy shes awesome i think it was about time a female Dragon slayer also got involved make it more interesting in fairy tail (in general)
+ shes getting better and better skilled as the story goes on...
besides it looks like she most likely wont be in the Fiore Battle just think she wasn't in the Inn when it went up BUT 2 others from fairy tail were , perhaps they are going to replace here?

---------

just realised a loophole in the rule book of the Fiore battle, says a guild master couldn't partisipate simple , make someobody (weak) Guild master (temproarily) and send in Makarov ... then they'll win it easily
HawksmanNov 5, 2012 1:17 PM

Nov 5, 2012 1:27 PM
Jul 2012
Hawksman said:

just realised a loophole in the rule book of the Fiore battle, says a guild master couldn't partisipate simple , make someobody (weak) Guild master (temproarily) and send in Makarov ... then they'll win it easily

lol thats not happening tho.
Nov 5, 2012 1:33 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Hawksman said:
Fairy tails' battle for no1 is going to get very interesting now ...

can't wait for the next episode ^_^

@Youjinbou , how can you hate Wendy shes awesome i think it was about time a female Dragon slayer also got involved make it more interesting in fairy tail (in general)
+ shes getting better and better skilled as the story goes on...
besides it looks like she most likely wont be in the Fiore Battle just think she wasn't in the Inn when it went up BUT 2 others from fairy tail were , perhaps they are going to replace here?

---------

Umm, I don't hate Wendy. English is not my native language, I guess I couldn't express myself. I said Wendy is NOT an annoying character. She's cute, I <3 her. ^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

A2ZOMG - Nov 23, 2009

123 by Summer7055 »»
4 hours ago

» What were that group in the weird clothes like

Remocracy - Jun 7

5 by Owlblocks »»
Jun 8, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2013

142 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

139 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

111 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.