Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2008 9:44 PM

Jun 2008
One thing I really hate about is the art style. All the characters look like blobby things. Gross.

The characters are extremely annoying and their conversations aren't interesting or funny
hirahiraJun 29, 2009 12:20 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2008 9:57 PM

Jul 2008
The fans, The stupid plot, The supid characters, ect. ect.

Jul 19, 2008 12:25 PM
Jan 2008
There is no plot. And from what I saw, all they do is sit around talking about nothing. And the characters are all high schoolers who look like elementary schoolers.
Jul 19, 2008 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, I hate it when they have 17 year olds look and act like 6 year olds.
Jul 19, 2008 5:44 PM

Jun 2008
I've written all the things that I hate in my LS review, but the main are:
-NO PLOT
-ANNOYING (everything...characters, music, ecc)
-THE "DIALOGUES" (never heard topics this stupid and shallow in my whole life... it's even worse than my high school)
-BORING (zzzzzzzzz........oh sorry what was Konata saiying? something stupid and useless I bet...)

and also yeah cause I can't stand when high schoolers look like 6 yo -__-

Awesome Rena avatar Hira-chan :-3

watching, waiting, commiserating
Jul 23, 2008 5:35 PM

May 2007
hirahira said:
Yeah, I hate it when they have 17 year olds look and act like 6 year olds.

Quoted for truth.
Jul 23, 2008 9:48 PM

Jun 2007
Fan culture is painful, but I have to go with all the referential humor. I don't really see an anime which makes its primary qualification for humor enjoyment having watched tons of other anime as something worth my time. Also, I was in high school once (curse the lord) and the dialogue strikes me as a total farce.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jul 24, 2008 12:54 AM

Feb 2007
I hate the fact that It's a fanservice for pedos.
oh and It's pretty boring too.
Jul 24, 2008 7:27 AM

Sep 2007
Because it's lame, unfunny, boring, and overrated.
Jul 25, 2008 9:34 AM

Sep 2007
I liked the parts when they went to Comiket and did other 'otaku' stuff, but other than that the story was just boring, and the characters were as generic as they could be. -__-''
Jul 28, 2008 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
That annoying opening theme song! Fuck you, Yadamoto!
Jul 29, 2008 8:20 AM

Jun 2008
Makaiohi said:

I think that's what made the show so popular in the first place. And it is sooo annoying but catchy D:
Aug 1, 2008 4:55 PM

Jun 2008
The characters are meant to be 17? WTF they look like they're 10! <- Reason for hating it

And it's really over-rated and I hate the fans, ugh sometimes I just wanna punch then in the nose for saying Lucky Star pwns all other animes.
Aug 2, 2008 12:03 AM

Jul 2008
Makaiohi said:

Yeeeeees! It's true!!!

And fans! It's awful >< Why they make me love this anime? T__T I have my own opinion >.>
Aug 2, 2008 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Edgey said:
The characters are meant to be 17? WTF they look like they're 10! <- Reason for hating it.

I really don't understand the rationale for making adolescent female characters look like they're 6-10 years old. It's just there to please the fantasies of the late night otaku crowd.
Aug 2, 2008 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
There's people who drool over Konata and say she's so hot. That's just creepy
hirahiraOct 25, 2008 6:01 PM
Aug 3, 2008 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Indeed O_o these lolicons are creepy...
You can call hot Revy.
You can call hot Faye.
Kagami and the others LS girls are quite ugly. How can they think they're HOT? Like Hira-chan said, Konata's the ugliest of them all.
RenaPsychoKillerAug 3, 2008 7:50 PM

Aug 3, 2008 8:29 PM

Jun 2008
Ok minna, I didn't know where to post it, but I didn't wanted to write it on the comments box neither to make a post for a thing like this, so I decided to say it there. Cause this is another reason of my hate for LS. yeah, it's the fans again.
This is like a survey of the LS fans, lol.
The story is, I've seen that on MAL there is a Higurashi haters club (at least with only 11 members, lol). I went on mission (dun-dun-dun) and I've discovered that:
1) {The rating and dropping point} 6 of them dropped Higurashi like at the 4th ep. Like I've already said to someone who did it, what do you hope to understand about Higurashi if you drop it I wonder? A LS fan may say "you also dropped LS, and at the 1st ep". Yeah (thank god) I did, but there is NOTHING to understand in LS. Higurashi is a really complex anime. Oh yeah, of course Konata wondering how to eat a sweet is really complex, too.
2) {My personal point} With a rather big disappointment, 5 of them are from Italy. Ok, sometimes I really HATE being italian. This is not the first time btw: also on a italian forum where I'm on, there are some guys who insult Higu. I answer kindly with "be careful, or Oyashiro-sama's gonna fuck you up" :-3
3) {The important point} 7 of them are LS fans. in fact, I took a look at their ratings for LS and saw that: two of them gave it a 7, two a 8, another two a 9, and another one gave a 10. A TEN. I mean, wtf? even a 4 would be too much for LS, but camon, a 10. LOL.
These are just random facts that I've taken, but it confirms what Hira-chan said to me once (and what I also think): most of the Higurashi haters are LS fans.
So, repeat with me: death to Lucky Star desu! :-3

Aug 3, 2008 9:17 PM

Sep 2007
I do respect the people in the "Hisuckashi" club, though (even if they didn't make the name change I suggested ;_;), since they actually seem to be nice/intelligent. I'm pretty sure everyone in it likes Lucky Star even less than Higurashi, anyway.
Aug 3, 2008 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
@Foggle what do you mean? a lot of them like Lucky Star
Aug 4, 2008 4:24 AM

Jun 2008
Foggle said:
I do respect the people in the "Hisuckashi" club, though (even if they didn't make the name change I suggested ;_;), since they actually seem to be nice/intelligent. I'm pretty sure everyone in it likes Lucky Star even less than Higurashi, anyway.

Like I wrote, I personally checked each anime list of the members, and I've listed the ratings they gave to LS. None of them has rated it 5 or less. The lower vote was a 6. So, I'm sure of what I said, Foggle ^^

hirahira said:
@Foggle what do you mean? a lot of them like Lucky Star

...In fact.

Aug 4, 2008 8:22 AM

Sep 2007
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Foggle said:

Like I wrote, I personally checked each anime list of the members, and I've listed the ratings they gave to LS. None of them has rated it 5 or less. The lower vote was a 6. So, I'm sure of what I said, Foggle ^^

Oh, really? I haven't been to that club's page in a long time, though I was assuming they wouldn't like Lucky Star either because they hated Higurashi's "MOE MOE" style. Dayum, tha'z fucked up.
Aug 4, 2008 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, I thought that too, even if Higu is mmm (much more moe XD), but I was wrong lol. I think they hate the "killer loli" thing. Well, I hate the "eating loli" thing as well.

Aug 9, 2008 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
Absolutely no plot at all. I tried watching it, I really did! But I just couldn't do it. I ended up skipping through most of each episode. I really couldn't focus on it. D:
Aug 10, 2008 12:08 PM

Jun 2008
killer lolis > eating lolis

I had trouble focusing on it too. It's just insane for people to call it a masterpiece when there's no plot
Aug 10, 2008 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
hirahira said:

I had trouble focusing on it too. It's just insane for people to call it a masterpiece when there's no plot
Agreed. xD

LS is only my second least favorite anime. My least favorite is Naruto and that's because of all the Narutards. But at least Naruto actually HAS a plot. LS is just a plotless, pointless, useless anime for lolicons to fap to.
Aug 10, 2008 2:52 PM

Jun 2008
Tokunaga said:
hirahira said:

Agreed. xD

LS is only my second least favorite anime. My least favorite is Naruto and that's because of all the Narutards. But at least Naruto actually HAS a plot. LS is just a plotless, pointless, useless anime for lolicons to fap to.

Agree 110% with both of you.
And it's impossible to stay focused on LS. After 3 minutes I was like -___- zzzzz...

Aug 10, 2008 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
hirahira said:

The moment with Konata's mom just felt so out of place with the comedic tone of the show. It tries to be emotional and heartwarming, but I just said to myself, "Fake!".

The main problem with LS is that it tries to be two shows at once (being a "slice of life" show and a parody), not so much the lack of a plot.
removed-userAug 10, 2008 10:13 PM
Aug 17, 2008 6:10 PM
Dec 2006
People who make half-arsed attempts to defend it.

THERE AREN'T THAT MANY HARUHI JOKES
I LIKE THE CHARACTER DESIGNS
IT GETS BETTER BY EPISODE NINE
Aug 18, 2008 9:00 PM

Sep 2007
Gendo said:

I heard the same thing about episode 14.

And, to be honest, it does eventually get better. But it's never actually "good" and the most I ever even chuckled during an episode was twice.
Aug 19, 2008 2:17 PM

Aug 2008
Foggle said:
Gendo said:

I heard the same thing about episode 14.

And, to be honest, it does eventually get better. But it's never actually "good" and the most I ever even chuckled during an episode was twice.
I heard the same thing about episode 5! Never got that far though...

EDIT: Also, what's the point of watching an anime if it doesn't "get better" until halfway through it? Especially since it's not a long anime. 14 episodes of crap and 10 "good" episodes. Sounds liek a waste of time.
TokunagaAug 19, 2008 2:20 PM
Aug 22, 2008 5:15 PM
Apr 2008
When I first saw LS, I thought that it was some kind of a special. You know, when the action is over and all of them go back to their lives in... kindergarten? But when I actually saw the high ratings of this show I was shocked, disappointed and more of all, amazed of the stupidity of anime fans all over. It's a sad world! Animes aren't about sitting around talking about pointless things. Animes have a meaning, and I guess to say that, in my view, I don't acknowledge LS as an anime. THE END

Bottom line: DEATH TO LUCKY STAR!

*Applause* -"What a wonderful speech!"
That is all. Thank you.
Aug 22, 2008 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
*clapclap*

I agree. I don't understand how people can call an anime that is just about lolis talking about random things a masterpiece. How can something like that be a masterpiece? it makes no sense at all
Aug 22, 2008 7:08 PM

Aug 2008
No plot = Failed anime attempt.

Seriously though desu. (damnit Rena! D:<)
Aug 23, 2008 11:55 AM
Aug 2007
To me, Azumanga Daioh is better than Lucky Star. Sensei no Ojikan came first out of all three of them though, however Azumanga Daioh to me is superior to Lucky Star and Sensei no Ojikan.

But it can be looked at it this way: Without Sensei no Ojikan, there'd probably be no Azumanga Daioh, and without either of them, there would probably be no Lucky Star. It's just an opinion though.
Sep 2, 2008 8:32 AM

Jul 2008
i just hate everything about it.
in the 1st ep i thought im gonna die from boredom, but i gave it a chance and watched until ep 4! (that was hard.) and then dropped it.
its always the same- stupid, annoying lolis are talking in the same place- school(usually), about stupid, random things and nothing happens.
and, the anime is supposed to be funny, but its NOT!
Sep 2, 2008 8:47 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, I don't see how it's hilariously funny like everyone says it is
Sep 7, 2008 1:54 AM

Jun 2007
Yumiko said:
The fans, The stupid plot, The supid characters, ect. ect.

+ stupid ass opening
Sep 12, 2008 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
it's just a silly anime about lolis. and it gave me a headache. I hate looking at those girls, I hate hearing them. I just can't stand Sucky Star!
Sep 16, 2008 4:43 PM

May 2007
MelodyoftheStars said:
it's just a silly anime about lolis. and it gave me a headache. I hate looking at those girls, I hate hearing them. I just can't stand Sucky Star!

I hate looking at them too. And it doesn't help that they're EVERYWHERE!
Sep 16, 2008 8:18 PM
Sep 2008
The worst part of LS? If it's not nearly everything about the show, it's the fans that think that everything should have an LS thing like it. Seriously, when I'm seeing Metalacolypse characters drawn LS intro style, it's enough to make me want to give up on liking the anime style altogether.

Also, the art style.

A: How come every character looks like they're 8 (even the adults)? It's kind of creepy. I don't mind children in anime, but when everyone looks like a child...ew.

B: MOE-BLOB. They don't even have noses! One of the things I love about anime in the beginning was the detail...and this kind of art style is oversimplfying it...Though I have to admit, I love Crayon Shin-cham.
Sep 18, 2008 12:28 PM

Dec 2007
plot - about...NOTHING
music - irritating
art style... irritating too!! They look so childish, all!!

A lot of people say that LS was funny, WHERE? I have to fall asleep...
Sep 18, 2008 1:09 PM

Oct 2007
Lucky Star is just meaningless kid action. Probably for kids it has some greater value, but i think that even for them playing with barbies would be so much more fun.

This is not what i really hate about the show, i hate it because people praise it so much, as if it was a good show ... I hate overrated stuff.
It's ok if there are crappy shows and people just like to watch them, but they should admit / be honest with themselves that those shows just suck ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2008 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
Peralisc said:

This is not what i really hate about the show, i hate it because people praise it so much, as if it was a good show ... I hate overrated stuff.
It's ok if there are crappy shows and people just like to watch them, but they should admit / be honest with themselves that those shows just suck ass.

I totally agree! It's crazy how everyone seems to think it's the best anime ever. it has so many 10s and people obsess over it so much. it's annoying
Sep 18, 2008 3:02 PM

Feb 2008
Edgey said:
The characters are meant to be 17? WTF they look like they're 10! <- Reason for hating it

And it's really over-rated and I hate the fans, ugh sometimes I just wanna punch then in the nose for saying Lucky Star pwns all other animes.

agreed!

Boring! For stupid ppl. No plot, lame Discussions.
Sep 18, 2008 4:56 PM
May 2007
They are like 17 and they act like little kids and the whole thing is pointless. They can go on with their mindless chatter for the whole episode. You waste your time watching it....
~AkAtSuKi_SoRa~
Sep 18, 2008 5:56 PM
Dec 2007
The OP (my god it's terrible >_<) and the 9 year old looking 17 year olds.
Sep 18, 2008 6:56 PM

Feb 2008
BORING AS FUCKING HEEELLLLL
First chapter: OH GOD FOOD IM SO RETARDED I NEED HELP TO EAT A FUCKING CORNET
Second chapter: Same shit
Third: Same shit

I admit it between chapter 4 and 10 lucky star wasnt that bad i liked it ... those 6 chapters... where some way funny... sometimes... when they didt stupid jokes... like that parody to initial D... or azumanga daioh and the water melon...

Then it comes into YAY LETS SUCK ALL HARUHI BLOOOD
and thats all about the 11 to the end chapter

alllll haruhi references bad jokes as allways and boring talk

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD ITSSSSS SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

¬¬
Sep 18, 2008 7:56 PM

Apr 2007
No plot, weak humor.
Sep 18, 2008 9:24 PM

Jan 2008
Some anorexic person had to have created this show, because it sure seemed like they were starving for food. I do not want to watch a show that devotes an entire episode to food. WTF? I'd rather watch the food network and actually learn to make something, instead of wasting my time and bandwidth.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» anyone here who likes the show but think its overrated

boa555 - Feb 19, 2017

0 by boa555 »»
Feb 19, 2017 10:07 PM

» In your opinion, what is the most overrated anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Paki - Aug 27, 2008

102 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 18, 2015 7:31 AM

» Stupidest thing a LS fan has said about LS ( 1 2 3 )

hirahira - Jul 29, 2008

125 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 18, 2015 7:26 AM

Poll: » Which Lucky Star character do you hate most?

hirahira - Jul 28, 2008

43 by DeletedAccount_ »»
May 17, 2013 4:34 AM

» Anti-Lucky Shit pics.

RenaPsychoKiller - Nov 22, 2008

9 by DeletedAccount_ »»
May 15, 2013 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.