Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 23, 2011 2:00 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kotetsu was unsure what do if he lose his power so he went back in his hometown but later decide to be Kaede hero.
xD
It's look like Kaede have the same power as her father.

Nothing much happend beside the bonds between Kaede and her father Kotetsu become better.

Next episode it seem like the plot will continue.
LunaMar 18, 2013 11:53 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 23, 2011 2:12 PM

Oct 2008
Seems to me that Kaede has powers involving levitation, seeing her float there for a few seconds before falling down.

Anyways, I loved the episode. The only conceivable problem I can think of is the soundtrack, which I feel lacks enough variety to match the poignancy regarding some of the more emotional scenes. Other than that, just about flawless, in my opinion. Sad that Kotetsu will have to give up his career, but it really is for the best. Kaede deserves an attentive, loving father.

Of course, his retirement will be put on hold with the coming episodes.
Jul 23, 2011 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
Loved this episode so much. At this point, T&B is starting to give even Steins Gate a run for it's money for best of spring in my mind.
Jul 23, 2011 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
;__; I baaaaawed several times through this ep.

I wonder if he'll keep his promise and quit his job.
Jul 23, 2011 2:55 PM

May 2010
The ending gave me lots of warm fuzzies inside <3
Jul 23, 2011 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
Its themes like this that really worry me about having kids, specifically girls. Kotetsu has made some mistakes, but jesus christ, she was giving him pure hell.

She was being overly bitchy, and most of it was uncalled for. I tell you about these females lol.
Jul 23, 2011 4:46 PM

Jul 2007
Zepwich said:
;__; I baaaaawed several times through this ep.

Ditto. Loved every moment of it.
Too bad there's still eight episodes left & it's terribly apparent even IF he gives up his job, he'll still be hanging around the city with bad things looking to happen. And if Barnaby gets unstable again? Too big of a burden keeping Tiger in the city. :(

At least I have something to greatly looking forward to in the show's epilogue. :)
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jul 23, 2011 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
man poor Kotetsu there .... his partner doesn't need him and his family didn't really need or want him around. I really felt bad for the guy. still it was great seeing him make up with his daughter and it seems there is still hope there. his daughter might even be proud and admire him if she knew he worked with her hero Barnaby.

someone had the theory that like when legend started losing his powers, Yuri's started appearing..... and it seems the same thing is happening with Kotetsu and Kaede.

I don't see it ending happily yet for Tiger, or him giving up hero'ing so easy.

I guess that's Kreme waking up at the end, and Tiger&Bunny will try to find out more about Ouroboros. about time the new villain popped up as Lunatic is more anti-hero.

plus we still need more Rock Bison!
Jul 23, 2011 7:44 PM
Jul 2011
Why hasn't Kotetsu told Kaede that he's Wild Tiger? His mom and brother know, so why keep it a secret from her? If she knew he was a hero it would help her understand why he hasn't been there for her.

Though, I don't think she's much of a Wild Tiger fan since it looks like she cut Wild Tiger out of the the pictures she has of Barnaby.

I noticed there was no Scarf-tan this week, except for the brief flashback to last weeks episode. I guess she can't be in every episode.
Jul 23, 2011 7:45 PM
Nov 2010
There's 8 episodes left, seems like too many for him to return quickly. Feel kinda bad for his high-strung daughter.
:)
Jul 23, 2011 7:50 PM

Aug 2007
Awww what a great episode. Teared up several times because Kotetsu's tears are my own. :((

I hope now that Kaede has shown some powers of being a NEXT that she'll find out Kotetsu is one of the heroes. I think she'd have much more pride in him and herself if she knew about his powers.

I have no doubt Kotetsu will quit the hero biz soon. It's very fortunate he's a character that figures out quickly exactly what he needs to do. Right now, he really should be with his child.

These episodes always feel so short. :C
Jul 23, 2011 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
I love Kotetsu so much. He's just the best protagonist I've come across in such a long time. This episode was so awesome to me. More adult protagonists please ;____;

BEGINNER
Jul 23, 2011 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was so emotional. It has just made me love Kotetsu even more and has left me dying for another episode. Such a great protagonist, his whole conflict made me bawl.
Jul 23, 2011 9:00 PM

Apr 2008
akovaski said:
There's 8 episodes left, seems like too many for him to return quickly. Feel kinda bad for his high-strung daughter.

Yeah... I mean, this was a heartwarming episode and all, but it's sort of cheapened by how little chance he can keep his promise with the number of episodes left. Also, while her being a next is extremely cute and appropriate, it's also sort of a really big deal. Hard to believe he's just going to laugh it off for another day.

Overall, though, I've been really enjoying the more serious tone of the show. It's removed a lot of the blandness that was an issue in the early episodes.
Jul 23, 2011 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
adamantine said:
I love Kotetsu so much. He's just the best protagonist I've come across in such a long time. This episode was so awesome to me. More adult protagonists please ;____;

^^

It's pretty rare I actually give a slight fuck about a male protagonist. Great episode, teared up a few times for obvious reasons. Inb4 he breaks his promise.
Jul 23, 2011 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
ugh dammit. seeing tiger cry tore my heart apart. :[[
Jul 23, 2011 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
I was so worried about Kaede, for a second I really thought she was going to...
After all apparantly T&B going to get sadder each episode. Poor Kotestu ;_; the drawing at the end was adorable though. Glad to see them two getting along.

It appear Kriem is still alive and Banarby looks as if he's going to lose it, I'm excited for the next episode!
Jul 23, 2011 11:39 PM

Jan 2010
busters said:
ugh dammit. seeing tiger cry tore my heart apart. :[[

yeah ... it looked damn sad ! ....
Jul 24, 2011 12:17 AM
Apr 2011
Whoa, Kaede is a NEXT.
Jul 24, 2011 1:05 AM

Jan 2011
Well it looks like NEXT status is genetic since Lunatic is also a second generation NEXT. If Kotetsu and Blue Rose get together the odds are really good that any children would also be NEXTs. (And that's another unresolved plot twist that may keep him in the big city for a while--and will almost certainly prompt a negative reaction from Kaede.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 24, 2011 1:18 AM

Mar 2008
adamantine said:
He's just the best protagonist I've come across in such a long time. This episode was so awesome to me. More adult protagonists please ;____;

Couldn't agree more. I don't have much patience for those emo kids and while the stupid shounen hero is ok, they lack the emotional depth Tiger is able to deliver.

I just think that putting Kaede in danger so that Tiger could save her was a bit forced. They could've solved their problems talking... But I guess they needed some action scenes.
Jul 24, 2011 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
Oh god, I KNOW they can't do much about it but I really don't want Kotetsu to stop being a hero!
Jul 24, 2011 2:54 AM

Jul 2011
Funny, the possibility of Kaede being a next had been on my mind since the previous episode - with Legend and Lunatic being introduced as father/son.

Though I was first thrown off by her attitude, it's understandable for a girl her age and given the circumstances; we've only had Kotetsu's side of the story until now, not much of his family and his daughter's view on the matter. As the episode progressed into its second half things settled into place.
Didn't tear up, but can't deny the emotional impact, and the fact that Kotetsu reminds me so much of my own old man's not helping.

As for Tiger's promise and resignation. . . I'm trying to adjust to the reality of that happening, along with the theories on Hero TV and Maverick - as well as Lunatic, and Ouroboros; guess we'll just have to trust Keiichi Sato on this.

Overall, highly enjoyable episode; looking forward to next week's.

m4rc0 said:

I just think that putting Kaede in danger so that Tiger could save her was a bit forced. They could've solved their problems talking... But I guess they needed some action scenes.

Seconded - It was pretty cliched, but still expected of T&B.
Jul 24, 2011 4:52 AM

Feb 2009
This episode made me wonder if Kaede is ever going to find out that Kotetsu is Wild Tiger..
Jul 24, 2011 5:03 AM

Dec 2007
Baww my heart can't take this. Kotetsuuuu, you better never die ;_;
Awesome ep ;__;
Jul 24, 2011 5:42 AM

May 2009
Aaww-inducing episode.
The decision to resign must have been bittersweet for Kotetsu. Kaede will probably have to wait a bit longer for daddy to fulfill that promise of his, though.

Can't wait for next week, I'm expecting another heavy episode.
Jul 24, 2011 5:45 AM
Mar 2011
Anyone noticed that Tyger was using his strength after his powers ran out?
No blue aura means they ran out but he still lifted that tree and threw it aside before rescuing his daughter!
I suspect if he does break his word its because something happens to force him from quitting and not because he doesn't want to.
The real question is when he does ask to resign how do the others react?
Does his employers try to stop him quitting?
Jul 24, 2011 6:59 AM

May 2010
That is a surprise his daughter is also a NEXT
MyAmyJul 24, 2011 7:07 AM
Jul 24, 2011 7:46 AM

Sep 2009
darkwintre said:
Anyone noticed that Tyger was using his strength after his powers ran out? No blue aura means they ran out but he still lifted that tree and threw it aside before rescuing his daughter!?
I am guessing that it's all the work of the adrenaline running in him. Picking up a tree like that isn't humanly possible (i.e. without his NEXT powers) so I would like to brush off this scene as a minute error.

Excellent episode. This show is gifted with a very strong character who makes you feel the ups and down in a very realistic manner. It's so refreshing to see a shounen protagonist not shouting for a change and yes to "more adult protagonists".
Tiger tearing up like that killed me. I completely understand why he wants to stay away from home; reminiscing his deceased wife, keeping up with her promise, earning to raise his daughter & living the life to help others.
Well the daughter was being a bit bratty but glad she called her dad when she needed the help. I do want her to call Tiger papa though.

mystik said:
man poor Kotetsu there .... his partner doesn' t need him and his family didn't really need or want him around.
I don't think that's true. Kotetsu is someone who doesn't open up readily and he's been like that from childhood it seems. They are a family who share few words with each other but that doesn't mean they don't love each other right.

And 'I am not a vegetable mom' made me laugh a bit.
Jul 24, 2011 8:08 AM

Jan 2011
the rescue scene is a bit forced but the end is all warm

a new tiger has awaken!

btw i am thinking could the parents start losing their Next power when their kids starting to show power? the same thing seems to happen for Legend and Lunatic...
Jul 24, 2011 8:23 AM

Jun 2008
darkwintre said:
Anyone noticed that Tyger was using his strength after his powers ran out?
No blue aura means they ran out but he still lifted that tree and threw it aside before rescuing his daughter!

I suspect this is like the case where a mother lifted a car in order to save her baby, protective parent + adrenaline = super human strength :)
Jul 24, 2011 9:00 AM

Jun 2008
oh my god he is resignating and the hell kaede is a next?

I cried at the end of this episode it was like whattt? but well I think is time for him to be a father now

I want to see what happen next owo
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Jul 24, 2011 9:15 AM
Nov 2008
klaymore said:

btw i am thinking could the parents start losing their Next power when their kids starting to show power? the same thing seems to happen for Legend and Lunatic...

Kill Kaede with fire pls
Jul 24, 2011 10:12 AM

Oct 2010
awwwww such a sweet episode
i really wish kaede would hurry up and figure out that kotetsu is a hero
and odds are kotetsu wont be able to keep his promise cuz lifes a bitch to him :P
RedGraveXIIIJul 24, 2011 10:24 AM
Jul 24, 2011 10:44 AM
Jan 2011
Kotetsu retiring? well it's still to early since there are 8 more episodes to go.
Jul 24, 2011 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
Best ep, ever. :D I really hope Tiger and his daughter continue to strengthen their bonds. I also hope that Tiger quits his job too at some point.
Jul 24, 2011 1:53 PM
Jun 2011
klaymore said:

I like this observation. It's certainly a possibility. I hope the series will dive more into how people are NEXT and if it is genetics.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. Teared up when Kaede was calling out for her dad.
Jul 24, 2011 2:43 PM
Nov 2007
Tomoe is amazing. She makes me ship Tiger/Blue Rose less now. No one could take her place >.>

Judging by the preview, I don't think Kotetsu is coming back so soon. I guess he'll retire by the end of the series though.

mystik said:
someone had the theory that like when legend started losing his powers, Yuri's started appearing..... and it seems the same thing is happening with Kotetsu and Kaede.
Mmhmm, that's exactly what I thought after watching this episode. Seems like their NEXT abilities transfer to their kids.
Jul 24, 2011 3:02 PM

Oct 2010
aww, a nice episode, i think we just saw a glimpse of what the ending is going to be like.
Jul 24, 2011 4:19 PM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who feels bad for Tiger every time something bad happens to him from his daughter, wife, loosing his powers, and people thinking he's a goof?

Overall good episode, and his daughter is a next? Epic.
Jul 24, 2011 4:26 PM
Dec 2007
Great ep, Kotetsu is coolness itself.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 24, 2011 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Its themes like this that really worry me about having kids, specifically girls. Kotetsu has made some mistakes, but jesus christ, she was giving him pure hell.

She was being overly bitchy, and most of it was uncalled for. I tell you about these females lol.

Actually she was had a logical reaction as a kid could have. She wasn't over the top at all. You are the one who seems to not get it. She's a very nice kid actually(although she has to fix that Barnaby obsession, i guess it will go down as she grows up). You just see the story through Kotetsu's eyes and fail to realize her position and feelings.

rodac said:
Well it looks like NEXT status is genetic since Lunatic is also a second generation NEXT. If Kotetsu and Blue Rose get together the odds are really good that any children would also be NEXTs. (And that's another unresolved plot twist that may keep him in the big city for a while--and will almost certainly prompt a negative reaction from Kaede.)

The show doesn't give any sign that any possible Blue Rose-Kotetsu relationship is really on the cards so is better not to have expectations about that part.

Bio said:
Also, while her being a next is extremely cute and appropriate, it's also sort of a really big deal. Hard to believe he's just going to laugh it off for another day.

Well he has every intention on going back to stay with her so he can address the matter of NEXT powers when his fully home. Is not about just laughing it away. Besides she's still 10 he has plenty of time to help her face the matter of her powers. Is not like she has deadly decease or anything.
Jul 24, 2011 4:59 PM

Sep 2010
The show doesn't give any sign that any possible Blue Rose-Kotetsu relationship is really on the cards so is better not to have expectations about that part.

I could have sworn most of episode 14 were giving signs of a potential relationship even though at this point it is one-sided. I don't have many expectations but the writers are doing more to feed the shipping rather than stop it.

Jul 24, 2011 5:27 PM
Sep 2009
I think Tiger WILL retire before the final episodes. Then he comes back in the last two WITH KAEDE. Either powers restored, new powers, or as an awesome advisor/strategist. The name of the show IS TIGER & Bunny. He op's at the end to help save the day for sure. Or he could die valiantly and save the day that way.
Jul 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Dec 2007
Anime_Name said:

I could have sworn most of episode 14 were giving signs of a potential relationship even though at this point it is one-sided. I don't have many expectations but the writers are doing more to feed the shipping rather than stop it.

I thought it was pretty one sided in episode 14 though. Kotetsu really has no clue towards her feelings and I doubt anything is going to happen because there's still his deceased wife that he still thinks about. Though I mainly don't see anything happening because romance isn't really a core part of the series.
Jul 24, 2011 8:00 PM

Apr 2008
i don't fancy Tiger x Blue Rose (of course I'm biased to his partner), but I'd like to see Blue Rose mature from that one-sided crush thing, if that ever happens I think I can like her even more.

Father-daughter special episode is win.
Reminds me of my dad somehow lol (i was a bit of jerk to him last yesterday sobs)

Since Kaede's a NEXT, i wonder if she'd enroll to the Hero Academy... Tiger doesn't seem too bothered by her powers, he's proud of it, but she decides to become a Hero i wonder if he'd approve? Kaede didn't know he's a Hero but he already did become her hero in this episode. And I'd love to see the look on Blue Rose's face if Kaede suddenly joins their rank :D

ohyea did anyone notice the plushies on Kaede's bed?

what do you see? :D
Jul 24, 2011 11:44 PM

Sep 2010
@ DarkVieN: Oooh I didn't notice the tiger and bunny plushies! Cute. :D

Aww this was such a sweet episode despite being a little cliched and forced. Totally teared up when Kotetsu was crying. T3T;;;

Looking forward to the next episode! Kotetsu will probably have to break his promise with Kaede. D:
Jul 25, 2011 12:26 AM

Sep 2010
Taksun said:
Anime_Name said:

I thought it was pretty one sided in episode 14 though. Kotetsu really has no clue towards her feelings and I doubt anything is going to happen because there's still his deceased wife that he still thinks about. Though I mainly don't see anything happening because romance isn't really a core part of the series.

Yeah I said it was one sided too but my point was that there have been signs made, which another poster said there were none of. Whether or not those feelings get explained/found out and accepted/denied remains to be seen. I think the writers should address her feelings further in a future episode instead of not dealing with the setup they made.

Whatever you see as the core of this show is one thing but as a theme and side-story romance is not off the table for Tiger and Bunny. All the baggage you listed for Tiger is what made episode 14 and Blue Rose's crush interesting because at least by the end of the episode she found out about all of that and still kept her crush on him.

Jul 25, 2011 12:46 AM
May 2011
I don't think you guys are giving Kaede enough credit. The way I looked at it when Kotetsu was outside and still had his power activated and Kaede could see the glowing I think she put together all the pieces. I think she realized exactly who her father is and that is why at the end she also showed him her NEXT powers.

I've been hoping he would find a way to keep his powers in the end, but odds are they aren't going to have that happen after watching this episode.
Jul 25, 2011 1:11 AM
Aug 2009
Such a sweet episode. I thought it was going to be much more depressive concidering previous ones, but it turned out to be very heart-warming. I was looking forward to seeing an improvement of the relationship between Kotetsu and Kaede, so this episode left me satisfied.
And wow, Kotetsu throwing trees to save his daughter. A bit hyperbolic, yet impressive x)
Still, family-related episodes always leave me with the feel that something bad is going to happen. There's 8 more eps left and who knows what can go wrong ._. But regarding this particular anime I'll be hoping for a happy ending. Kotetsu is definetly not a type of a character I would like to see suffer.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.