Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2010 2:31 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, nice to get back into the main story. I hope that girl sticks around. It would make things much more interesting.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Dec 14, 2010 2:48 PM

Mar 2009
Epic!!!

Finally the appearance of Haibara!!!

I loved it, but it would have been a lot better if Funi wouldn't have spoiled it by releasing movies later than this that have Ai in them.
(I know it's my fault for watching them, but come on, they dropped the series. What's a meitantei supposed to do?)

Lot's of booze in this episode!
And no, I don't mean Mouri "cracking cases". LMAO!
I mean Gin and Vodka!

I like how they tied in the Billion Yen Murder Case with Ai's One-chan.

And, Conan talking through Prof. Agasa to solve the case...+100!

One of the best eps, but NEEDZ MOAR RAN & MOURI!!!

Urahara Out!!
Apr 4, 2012 2:05 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
This one episode was the full length of a movie.... wow.
Jul 6, 2012 4:05 PM

Apr 2011
This episode, was a masterpiece. 10/10. Haibara shooting the gun to get the lady to back away was badass. Haibara tricking Shinichi and to make him think he lost the professor was a really good scene, it's like you were there with him worrying about the professor.. I felt bed for Haibara, her sister was a good person mixed with the wrong people, it seems her family is very unlucky.

And that deduction with the chess pieces.. Brilliant.. as expected of course.

Oh man I cracked up for a minute after the professor was laughing and immediately switched to lip-syncing because Conan interrupted him with the voice changer.

Crazy it was the real Night Baron computer virus this time, of course the syndicate would have it... I think Shinichi suspects she did that on purpose.

KuroDubZero said:

Yeah... Makes you wonder if the 25 min per episode stat is actually accurate.

MrHatandClogs said:

I loved it, but it would have been a lot better if Funi wouldn't have spoiled it by releasing movies later than this that have Ai in them.
(I know it's my fault for watching them, but come on, they dropped the series. What's a meitantei supposed to do?)

Dude I totally did this too, I watched "The Last Wizard of the Century" and found out about Haibara before this episode, it straight up spoils it too explaining who she is and how they knew her in the beginning when they are explaining his tools.. lol I yelled out WTF when I saw it ha..
giraffesyoJul 6, 2012 4:15 PM
Feb 15, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2012
It sucks when you're already spoiled on who Sherry is. LOL Well it is my fault for skipping a couple of seasons.

KuroDubZero said:

Funny thing is, this episode is better than most of the DC movies.

Both mysteries were pretty damn awesome, BUT the motive of the second mystery's culprit: WTF? Such a small thing and you kill your teacher?! Dafuq. LOL

5/5
Apr 16, 2013 7:46 AM

Nov 2008
Now is when the anime gets really good.
Jun 6, 2013 10:30 PM

Nov 2010
I'm mixed up about this episode. There were good things and bad. Good, the mysteries were good, bringing in Haibara was good, more black organization is good(though we already know nothing big will happen for over 600 episodes). Bad, the kids, why the hell would Conan tell them to wait knowing that they will never wait, the police were also stupid too letting the kids go. The motive to the second crime was kind of not so good and how the hell would someone think of that trick right off the top of their head. I like how other detective anime explain that better.
Jul 10, 2013 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
Well here was a twist, a new character and boy does she make an impact. But of course after all of that they are back to square one. After all this time, man Conan gets no breaks.
Jul 14, 2013 10:41 AM

Mar 2013
I totally adore this episode.

Another epic character appeared c:
Sep 9, 2013 3:42 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was really great! At least Haibara appears, and we were able to know more about the black men, really interesting episode, it totally caught me. 10/10
Nov 25, 2013 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
I'm disturbed that both Ai and Ayumi, who are meant to be under 7, have secondary sexual characteristics. Why for heaven's sake?!

Dec 13, 2013 2:59 AM
Mar 2013
BakaGekai said:
I'm disturbed that both Ai and Ayumi, who are meant to be under 7, have secondary sexual characteristics. Why for heaven's sake?!

lol Glad I'm not the only one to notice that and go "WTF?"
Jun 10, 2014 6:57 AM

Jan 2014
Nice hour and a half filled with two cases and some events important for the story.
Ai Haibara's first appearance and she's kinda cool... Only one thing bothers me...:
Xenograft said:

Yup, that one xD I was thinking about it for a whole minute, I think, and then got back
to follow the main plot. It was pretty surprising, considering the fact that this anime is
a detective one and, also, what's even more important, it's meant for kids, too... meh
The cases were more or less interesting... The motive for the 2nd one lame... But OK.
Apr 4, 2015 5:23 AM

Feb 2014
Awesome episode!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jun 14, 2015 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
Finally some advancement in the main story.

Oct 7, 2015 10:07 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
just love this case!

Jan 7, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Finally Ai enters the scene ! Very good introduction and cool cases, although the first one was a bit meh with the stupid kids being stupid as always.

For those bitching about the motive in the last murder, remember the guy had complete facial surgery. Dude wasn't right in his head is all.
May 11, 2016 9:54 AM
Jan 2013
Did Conan just called the One Billion Yen Robbery Case a nearly forgotten case. LOL
That case was one episode ago, and it had an emtional impact on him. He must really have a bad memory.......
May 11, 2016 11:11 AM
Sep 2011
dest-roy96 said:
Did Conan just called the One Billion Yen Robbery Case a nearly forgotten case. LOL
That case was one episode ago, and it had an emtional impact on him. He must really have a bad memory.......

In the manga it's supposed to be 16 volumes before (episode 13 in the anime). It was remade because they butchered it the first time keeping Akemi alive.
Jun 13, 2016 7:32 PM

Feb 2015
Hibara is here!! This is one of the best specials.
Jul 13, 2016 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
This is the reason I skip the "Detective Boys" cases. These dam kids always screw things for Conan which leads to him almost getting killed because of it. Even though this was a BO special the first half was a bit painful to watch because of them.

That said, now that Haibara has joined the group it will make the DB episodes a bit more tolerable. Her personality is just great, especially when conversing with Conan xD

Overall it was a good special and we got some progress in the story.

Atamaaa said:
dest-roy96 said:

In the manga it's supposed to be 16 volumes before (episode 13 in the anime). It was remade because they butchered it the first time keeping Akemi alive.

^This.
Mar 5, 2018 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
Just WOW! This was the most relevant episode to the main plot so far. This is becoming better and better. The deducing skills from Conan, the gunshot from Haibara were epic! 10/10.
Jun 24, 2020 9:18 PM

Jan 2016
Wow 10/10 special episode. I finally get to see this Ai person who I have seen on the covers and the earlier remastered episode theme songs. Oh boy this whole black organization thing is gonna take a long time to solve. Not sure what the hate for the detective boys are. They’re kids ofc they’re not gonna listen well. I still like them(well except for Genta)

Jun 18, 2021 12:10 AM

Apr 2020
Such a perfect episode. This episode literally had it all! Comedy, suspense, mystery, plot twist, an awesome murder plan (I know it sounds messed up lol) even the motive was different than most cases so far. Yup, definitely a 10/10 episode!
Apr 21, 2022 5:21 AM

Nov 2021
This case was epic! A LOT happened! We're introduced to new transfer student named 'Ai', she deceived Conan then turned out She's also has shrunk and she developed the pill !(got a taste of her own medicine lol) Conan kinda forgot the robbery case cuz a lot happened. Kind of feel sad her sister wasn't saved.
Nice to get back to main plot.
neeJayApr 21, 2022 5:25 AM

Jun 5, 2022 7:17 PM
Jun 2021
I havent enjoyed the anime as much as just now after watching this episode. Finally back on the main plot, the connection to the previous episode with the seemingly nice bank teller, and Haibara who betrayed the black organization is now on Conan/Shinichi's side. And to think both of them were sisters! So sad that Conan didnt get there in time to save Haibara's sister :(
Jun 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Nov 2020
I thought it was messed up that Haibara tricked Conan into thinking the professor was hurt/dead (or at least let him unnecessarily believe he was). She showed little or no regret for being at least partially responsible for killing all these people with the drug she developed.

We are supposed to like her, right?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Aug 19, 2022 6:30 AM
Dec 2021
Holy smokes man...

2 hours special!
Haibara debut!
Black Organisation!
Detective Boys!
Locked room case!

What brilliance have I just witnessed... seriously what incredible brilliance.

This ep has all the elements which make this anime my favourite (tho it's only my favourite when we pretend the horrendously animated eps of the last decade or so don't exist). Thank you Gosho for your majestic writing. I was seriously taken aback by how genius it is. Truly compelling. Lucky us.
Mar 13, 2023 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
this was one of the great episodes and one of the great character introductions. All love to Haibara <333
Apr 29, 2023 3:32 AM

Nov 2017
WOW this episode is AMAZING just like the appearance of Haibara!
Jun 18, 5:39 PM
May 2014
ai seems neat, glad to see such a fulfilling episode
Sep 1, 7:56 AM

Oct 2021
Finally best girl AI haibara makes her first appearance, already loving haibara and conan dynamic. Great episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 470 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Dec 14, 2013

5 by Alvie48xi »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 291 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 25, 2013

6 by ZZZ111000 »»
Today, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 290 Discussion

Mayuka - Mar 11, 2013

8 by ZZZ111000 »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 465 Discussion

4 by Alvie48xi »»
Yesterday, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 464 Discussion

3 by Alvie48xi »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.