Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Twilight Out of Focus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Great to see that the movie was a grand success and such. Hisashi even got the jitters when they had to make a MV lols. Cute finale and everything I wanted from it.

I can't believe I'm living in a team where the infamous studio DEEN, who made easily two of the WORST shows last season, cook up two of the best directed and just best shows of the season. Not just in terms of romcoms. Sad that since it's a BL it won't get love, and even with the CR controversy it didn't get much more, but the bit that it got was nice to see.

Say Gex/10

Sep 19, 8:03 AM

Jul 2017
Going back to Mao and Hisashi's timeline, the film club has yet to have the latter join their project to fill the main actor's role, and the former feels petrified to request him for help.

Mao wanting to skip a day's worth of school just to cheer his new boyfriend, and as much as he chastises himself for being the useless partner both by intention and through ulterior motive, his being daring is seen as a test from Hisashi, and the latter embraces all that and more. Regarding their future prospects, let time take its course and weave the two guys together on a red thread towards romantic communion together.

Ichikawa being proud that he's able to recruit Hisashi, the film club's 2nd Year batch of students go to the beach to film a very tight shoot within 2 hours, and it's a resounding success, more than their future plans to stick around together, like the red thread that intertwines their relationship, even when they choose to go public on that front.

It's mature BL, though it has a niche that people can bear and not many people will (a la CR's controversy).
KANLen09Sep 19, 10:13 AM
Sep 19, 9:36 AM
Dec 2021
it was ok for me. 12
Sep 19, 10:10 AM
Oct 2022
This episode was more about the future Mao and Otomo will spend together. Even if their life took different courses and paths, they will be unbreakable, because their love is too strong.

One thing I did not like about this anime was more couples that were presented through this show. I believe it would have been much better if Mao and Otomo (the first couple) were and that’s all.
Sep 19, 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
Studio Deen avoid all the mistakes from Tadaima, Okaeri and Sasaki to Miyano.
Sep 19, 10:43 AM

Dec 2015

@IzanaSolos OMG yaaaasss! Love wins! Including... physical love 🙈 This is my favorite love scene of theirs from the manga, and I knew I couldn't get the full scope, but I am delighted that they still covered enough of their interaction to make me sweat & blush. Reading Long Take these past couple of days had me loving on Hisashi; this episode was a great reminder on how much I adore Mao! He really doesn't give himself enough credit for being strong, assertive, and a source of emotional support when Hisashi needs him. For being two separate human beings & this not being fate he does read Hisashi so well <3
phantomfandom said:
Studio Deen avoid all the mistakes from Tadaima, Okaeri and Sasaki to Miyano.

Wait... what mistakes have they made? I haven't seen TO and don't plan to, but I did love SM...

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 19, 10:58 AM

Jan 2016
5/5, I am going to stand by my 8/10 overall rating but damn was it fighting for an upgrade. I'm personally not a big fan about the sex, but it's realistic hence why it's one of the many reason I can't get a relationship. Everything was so wonderful and having the 3 romances was huge and big part of why I want to upgrade.

This episode dedicated to the original main couple but was so well done. While this appears to be an extremely homosexual friendly world/school, the main couple kept a secret. These beautiful developments and promises and shots and coming out to their friends was <3
I think this may have been my first BL, I think I started watching one GL but never finished and have seen many romances and one trap-BL (it's heterosexual, but he guy thinks the girl is a guy and is confused). I can see why BL's are so popular! You get adorably hot guys being all cute and >_<

If I had to rate the 6 characters from left to right from illustration I would do
5>3>6>1>2>4
If I had to rate 6 characters from left to right from illustration for who I feel matches me most (even though I'm not a guy):
5/4/1>6>3/2
LilyVarbikSep 19, 11:03 AM

Sep 19, 11:42 AM
Jan 2024
Ahhhh, what a nice way to end the 12 weeks of this bl airing
Maybe one day they'll release offical merch of those penguin plushies...please...
Overall rating however, 7/10 and ichikawa and jin will always stay my favorite couple from the show.
Sep 19, 11:42 AM
Jan 2024
LilyVarbik said:
5/5, I am going to stand by my 8/10 overall rating but damn was it fighting for an upgrade. I'm personally not a big fan about the sex, but it's realistic hence why it's one of the many reason I can't get a relationship. Everything was so wonderful and having the 3 romances was huge and big part of why I want to upgrade.

This episode dedicated to the original main couple but was so well done. While this appears to be an extremely homosexual friendly world/school, the main couple kept a secret. These beautiful developments and promises and shots and coming out to their friends was <3
I think this may have been my first BL, I think I started watching one GL but never finished and have seen many romances and one trap-BL (it's heterosexual, but he guy thinks the girl is a guy and is confused). I can see why BL's are so popular! You get adorably hot guys being all cute and >_<

If I had to rate the 6 characters from left to right from illustration I would do
5>3>6>1>2>4
If I had to rate 6 characters from left to right from illustration for who I feel matches me most (even though I'm not a guy):
5/4/1>6>3/2

unrelated but damn i love this art here, might use it as my laptop wallpaper too lmao
Sep 19, 11:57 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
LilyVarbik said:

5>3>6>1>2>4
5/4/1>6>3/2

unrelated but damn i love this art here, might use it as my laptop wallpaper too lmao
@UnderwaterRobin My fav couple wearing my fav color (yellow), thank you, Jyanome-sensei 😭 And since I've seen as far as the end of Long Take 2, 0ne thing about HisaMao's outfit makes me scream... But no spoilers. You might know it once you see it ;) Giichi & Jin look the most stylish despite Giichi wearing Converse and Jin just wearing his usual everyday fit. Bubblegum couple killing it in daring & loud pink & blue.

I assume HisaMao are in yellow in honor of the sunset.

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 19, 12:06 PM
Jan 2024
aedeann said:
@UnderwaterRobin My fav couple wearing my fav color (yellow), thank you, Jyanome-sensei 😭 And since I've seen as far as the end of Long Take 2, 0ne thing about HisaMao's outfit makes me scream... But no spoilers. You might know it once you see it ;) Giichi & Jin look the most stylish despite Giichi wearing Converse and Jin just wearing his usual everyday fit. Bubblegum couple killing it in daring & loud pink & blue.

I assume HisaMao are in yellow in honor of the sunset.

Omg i didnt even think about mao and hisahi color representing the sunset...god i love little things like that in art
Sep 19, 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
idk what people are referring to as this CR controversy? But idk what there is to complain about, this was a pretty straightforward BL story...either you like BL or you don't...it's pretty simple.

imo, I woulda preferred if the story had just focused on the first and second couples. Felt pretty "meh" towards the third couple. Though the anime followed the manga, as there are three volumes, one for each couple. Though this mini arc with the music video shoot was either original content or some bonus chapters that I'm not aware of?
But all in all this was a good BL tv anime...I really don't have much else to say.
It was very faithful to the manga, pretty much a 1:1 adaptation. The sex scenes were made less explicit, and some of the dialogue was trimmed down a little, but other than that....

The only thing I'm bummed about is that there seems to be no BL tv anime coming out in the future? BL fans ate good this year, getting 3 BL tv anime, 4 if you count Heaven's Official Blessing which was technically a donghua danmei...or did that come out last year LOL? My memory is garbage. Either way, it's honestly kinda crazy....but I wonder if 2025 will yield nothing? I know there's still the Given movie, or movies? still needing to be released outside of Japan, as it already came out in Japan last year? But I really didn't care for the Given manga towards the end, so I'm not interested in the movie(s) at all.
giveup-the-ghostSep 19, 7:11 PM
Sep 19, 7:05 PM
Jan 2024
giveup-the-ghost said:
idk what people are referring to as this CR controversy? But idk what there is to complain about, this was a pretty straightforward BL story...either you like BL or you don't...it's pretty simple.

imo, I woulda preferred if the story had just focused on the first and second couples. Felt pretty "meh" towards the third couple. Though the anime followed the manga, as there are three volumes, one for each couple. Though this mini arc with the music video shoot was either original content or some bonus chapters that I'm not aware of?
But all in all this was a good BL tv anime...I really don't have much else to say.
It was very faithful to the manga, pretty much a 1:1 adaptation. The sex scenes were made less explicit, and some of the dialogue was trimmed down a little, but other than that....

The only thing I'm bummed about is that there seems to be no BL tv anime coming out in the future? BL fans ate good this year, getting 3 BL tv anime, 4 if you count Heaven's Official Blessing which was technically a donghua danmei...or did that come out last year LOL? My memory is garbage. Either way, it's honestly kinda crazy....but I wonder if 2025 will yield nothing? Unless there's some movies coming out...

have an officials blessing season 2 did come out earlier this year, So you're correct in saying for BL's overall. I'm hoping The success of this season will make studios want to produce more 😭 especially since Twilight out of focus was dubbed very quickly.
Sep 19, 10:04 PM

Dec 2020
so unapologetically gay and fun and cute and awesome

loved this season!
Sep 20, 12:35 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to giveup-the-ghost

The only thing I'm bummed about is that there seems to be no BL tv anime coming out in the future? BL fans ate good this year, getting 3 BL tv anime, 4 if you count Heaven's Official Blessing which was technically a donghua danmei...or did that come out last year LOL? My memory is garbage. Either way, it's honestly kinda crazy....but I wonder if 2025 will yield nothing? I know there's still the Given movie, or movies? still needing to be released outside of Japan, as it already came out in Japan last year? But I really didn't care for the Given manga towards the end, so I'm not interested in the movie(s) at all.
@giveup-the-ghost So a lot of homophobes started bombarding hate comments under the first episode of Tasogare on CR. Not just that but showered 1 star ratings to bring the overall ratings down. Folks just out there not minding their own business when something doesn't appeal to them, bunch of lil kids hatin basically. As a result CR had to completely remove the comment section

The last scene is indeed the extra chapter from Overlap Vol. But the music video shoot is basically last chapter of the Overlap volume , so it's not bonus. The sex scene is also from this same chapter

Even I found it disappointing that there's nothing lined up yet?? Given 3rd movie is releasing in japan TODAY ig, but even the 2nd given movie isn't yet out in many countries with english subs so...third movie with eng subs is definitely 2025 :(
MickeyMinajSep 20, 12:39 AM

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Sep 20, 1:36 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to OtakuKun1
This episode was more about the future Mao and Otomo will spend together. Even if their life took different courses and paths, they will be unbreakable, because their love is too strong.

One thing I did not like about this anime was more couples that were presented through this show. I believe it would have been much better if Mao and Otomo (the first couple) were and that’s all.
@OtakuKun1 if you read the manga, there’s 5 volumes and they animated the first 4. The first and third volumes center around Mao and Hisashi, the second around Giichi and Jin, and the fourth around Shion and Rei. As a big fan of the manga, I’m actually quite impressed that they were able to fit nearly every single chapter in a 12 episode anime.

I’ve yet to read volume 5 but I believe that one takes place after where the anime ended (Mao and Hisashi centered). I recommend reading the manga for more of the main couple!
Sep 20, 5:35 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty standard BL, nothing out of the ordinary, doesn't deserve a high rating
- Sexual assault in ep 1
- Dub con with the second couple
- Gays are extra horny
- Everyone is gay
Sep 20, 9:19 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
LilyVarbik said:

5>3>6>1>2>4
5/4/1>6>3/2

UnderwaterRobin said:

I didn't even think of that! I'll consider it as I kind of like my operating system's (EndeavorOS) default background. However you did say laptop, I don't use those though have like 4 so maybe I should (Win10 & ChromeOS mix)

Make clear to anyone that sees I find hot gay couples attractive.

Sep 20, 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
Ahhhh, what a nice way to end the 12 weeks of this bl airing
Maybe one day they'll release offical merch of those penguin plushies...please...
Overall rating however, 7/10 and ichikawa and jin will always stay my favorite couple from the show.
@UnderwaterRobin Also pleaseeeee! I feel like plushies are unlikely, Japan doesn't seem to be big on them as 'props' from any given series, and idk how well the series did in Japan (guess DVD/Bluray sales will tell), but I'd really like nendos of at least Mao & Hisashi 🥺👉👈 Though given that Cherry Magic nendos got announced about halfway through the series... I'm not holding out much hope. A shame, because their yellow sweaters and blue school uniform jackets are so cute! And yes, they could have Hisashi's tiny plush accessories too!
@natural_nerd I saw American readers started receiving their volumes from Kodansha, France has had them for a while (though apparently the tl is... not great), I read it the other day, it's so wonderful 🥺 A gorgeous, satisfying sequel if you can get your hands on it! But that's vol. 1 of 2 out now

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 20, 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
Hand in hand in the sunset, onto the next film.
Ok ending, ok anime. Wanted to see the other guys too one last time, even briefly.
I've heard the manga is more explicit, true or not I want to check out Slow Motion because JinIchi are the best, neat illustration btw.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Sep 20, 10:56 AM

Nov 2020
The concept was pretty cute but it was extremelyyy fast paced which is my biggest pet peeve in romance anime. The characters had like tension for 1 second and already loved eachother, so I couldn`t really be in my feels with this one. Also the third couple just felt out of place, I would have loved to see more of the first two couples. 6/10
Sep 20, 12:00 PM
Jan 2024
aedeann said:
@UnderwaterRobin Also pleaseeeee! I feel like plushies are unlikely, Japan doesn't seem to be big on them as 'props' from any given series, and idk how well the series did in Japan (guess DVD/Bluray sales will tell), but I'd really like nendos of at least Mao & Hisashi 🥺👉👈 Though given that Cherry Magic nendos got announced about halfway through the series... I'm not holding out much hope. A shame, because their yellow sweaters and blue school uniform jackets are so cute! And yes, they could have Hisashi's tiny plush accessories too!
@natural_nerd I saw American readers started receiving their volumes from Kodansha, France has had them for a while (though apparently the tl is... not great), I read it the other day, it's so wonderful 🥺 A gorgeous, satisfying sequel if you can get your hands on it! But that's vol. 1 of 2 out now

GOOOODDD ID KILL FOR SOME NENDOS, GOOD SMILE IF YOU HEAR THIS FORUM CONSIDEERRRR (even if they did release i would have no room on my desk for them anyway :,D)
Sep 20, 12:13 PM
Jan 2024
LilyVarbik said:
UnderwaterRobin said:

I didn't even think of that! I'll consider it as I kind of like my operating system's (EndeavorOS) default background. However you did say laptop, I don't use those though have like 4 so maybe I should (Win10 & ChromeOS mix)

unfortunately not a pro on laptops n such but it worked well as a wallpaper on my lenovo so i bet itd work on yours too.

Sep 20, 12:40 PM

Jan 2010
Reply to natural_nerd
@OtakuKun1 if you read the manga, there’s 5 volumes and they animated the first 4. The first and third volumes center around Mao and Hisashi, the second around Giichi and Jin, and the fourth around Shion and Rei. As a big fan of the manga, I’m actually quite impressed that they were able to fit nearly every single chapter in a 12 episode anime.

I’ve yet to read volume 5 but I believe that one takes place after where the anime ended (Mao and Hisashi centered). I recommend reading the manga for more of the main couple!
@natural_nerd dang there's a 5th volume? I read the first three volumes that got scanlated a long time ago. I wonder if anyone will scanlate the 5th volume now that the series has been officially licensed....
Sep 20, 2:17 PM

Jan 2021
Liked it. didnt love it though. Felt wayyy too lukewarm and the second couple had me feeling like I was missing chunks of their interactions with each other I dont know if the anime just didnt adapt it or if thats how it is. third couple I honestly couldnt see the chemistry.
For what its worth though and how little time we spent with each couple I thought it was pretty cute and I complained but the second couple was actually really cute I might pick up their manga in the future just to see them again (and to see what I missed).

Never watched as much anime as I wanted to
Sep 20, 2:56 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to RenaPsychoKiller
Hand in hand in the sunset, onto the next film.
Ok ending, ok anime. Wanted to see the other guys too one last time, even briefly.
I've heard the manga is more explicit, true or not I want to check out Slow Motion because JinIchi are the best, neat illustration btw.
@RenaPsychoKiller yessss, true :3 Jyanome's art is really sensual & lovely, I do adore bedroom JinIchi, they are actually so sweet (like each couple in bed; I do think that their intimacy elevates the experience)

いる。

る。

🐆 🕊️
Sep 20, 4:38 PM
Aug 2024
How weird to have so much crammed into the last episode with Mao/Hisashi focus. I'm glad that things turned out the way they did, it was a sweet watch. Episode 4, overall 7.
Sep 20, 11:04 PM
May 2020
Ending off the final episode with literal sugar overload LOL I deeply enjoyed this series though, makes me yearn for the type of love Hisashi and Mao have
Sep 21, 12:57 AM

Feb 2019
That was a wonderful season finale. It had all the right feels throughout the season. Now I'm itching to read the manga lol
Sep 22, 9:32 PM
Feb 2015
first couple brought down the score for me but honestly had so much fun watching the other two couples, very cute overall
Sep 24, 8:42 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Maou_heika
Pretty standard BL, nothing out of the ordinary, doesn't deserve a high rating
- Sexual assault in ep 1
- Dub con with the second couple
- Gays are extra horny
- Everyone is gay
@Maou_heika So you also hate literally almost every other anime, because "everyone is hetero"??? There heard such a nonsense. Also, Hisashi was in his sleep so you can't say anything about sexual assault at all. He touched him some seconds, don't overreact. And they are not more horny than anyone else in his teens. Idk if the people around you and you yourself didn't had sex at all because no one wanted you, but thats just NORMAL at this age.
Sep 24, 8:44 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
LilyVarbik said:
UnderwaterRobin said:

unfortunately not a pro on laptops n such but it worked well as a wallpaper on my lenovo so i bet itd work on yours too.

@UnderwaterRobin I was also thinking about how good this would look as a wallpaper!!! Fits perfectly <3
Sep 25, 5:29 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Kati-Senpai
@Maou_heika So you also hate literally almost every other anime, because "everyone is hetero"??? There heard such a nonsense. Also, Hisashi was in his sleep so you can't say anything about sexual assault at all. He touched him some seconds, don't overreact. And they are not more horny than anyone else in his teens. Idk if the people around you and you yourself didn't had sex at all because no one wanted you, but thats just NORMAL at this age.
@Kati-Senpai Do you realize that homosexuals make only a small percentage of the population? What are the chances that everyone around you just happens to be gay. Another fujoshi defending a sexual offender just because he's gay, nothing new there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 3, 12:40 AM
Dec 2022
i love it sm!!! i cant believe it’s over :(

this show is the reason why i love being gay!! there’s something about boys love that i really like n im a lil embarrassed to admit that ive only watched a fewer… this show made me want to get into it more >_<

the artstyle is ridiculously pretty and animation is very smooth. the stories of each character were cultivating and very relatable.

More topics from this board

» This will be my first BL anime what can I expect?

Bebisim - Jun 11

26 by Bebisim »»
Yesterday, 1:19 AM

» This anime is the reason Crunchyroll comments were removed ( 1 2 )

Buttanuggets - Jul 11

54 by Jollyne7 »»
Oct 2, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

91 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 1, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 4

72 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 1, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Out Focus Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 5

16 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 29, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.