Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 10:10 PM

Mar 2021
I turned 21 on Wednesday, and that means that I am legally allowed to drink here in the States. I asked my mom to buy me beer just so I could try (she got Michelob Ultra), but I only took a few sips of it. It was kinda gross. Yesterday, though, my dad bought me some Mike's Hard Lemonade, and it wasn't bad. It tastes like a sparkling lemonade with just a little bit of alcoholic bitterness, and I did finish it unlike the beer. I'll do some more exploring later on.

Do you remember the first time you drank alcohol? What did you think of it?
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 4, 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
When I was like 6 my mom let me taste her margarita. Don't remember my first legal drink. I became an alcoholic and it ended up with me in the ER so I don't drink anymore.
Jul 4, 10:39 PM

Feb 2020
"Do you remember the first time you drank alcohol? What did you think of it?"

I was 16. My first drink was Hartwall Original Long Drink. It's delicious.
Jul 4, 11:07 PM
Dec 2022
MeanMrMusician said:
Do you remember the first time you drank alcohol? What did you think of it?

I remember still to this day. I was 11 at that time during a family lunch and drank my mother's shandy (lemonade + cheap garbage beer, sort of like San Miguel or Budweiser) because I was so thirsty and thought it was iced tea. I was already full, so I didn't get to be drunk, but it felt funny to the tongue and I noticed that I felt much more relaxed than I expected. My grandmother freaked out about it.
Jul 4, 11:18 PM

Jul 2020
Yeah I drank my first beer at the age of like 10-11 then I got drunk for the first time at like 14, long story short now I'm an alcoholic.

Better don't do "some exploring" if you already feel that it tastes gross.
Jul 5, 12:15 AM

May 2024
Ah, americans drinking responsibly, good for you. As for me I had my first glass of wine at 11. Didn't like it much, but it grew on me with age. I first drank beer at around 14 or 15, can't quite remember, but I still can't drink it while eating food, it bloats my stomach too much.
Jul 5, 12:48 AM

Sep 2016
I drank some cider in middle school, it made me feel tired. Never got addicted and barely drink alcohol nowadays.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 5, 1:08 AM

Feb 2024
No, I don't remember my first drink. But it must be Augustiner Lager beer at the age of 14 or something, and it was great as fuck.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jul 5, 1:28 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Feels like I was a toddler when I had my first sip of my mothers red wine. Maybe not a toddler but like maybe 8 years old.
My first real drink was when I was like 12 or something like that. A beer obviously. It was kind off "meh" if I remember correctly. At 14-15, my first non-beer drink was a Hartwall Original Long Drink. Pretty good but expensive. First real strong drink was straight whisky at 18 years old, now that was a good drink.
Cider is something I'll never drink since it's too sweet and it's for sissy girls. I'm beer and whisky kind of guy.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 5, 2:14 AM

Jul 2023
My parents made me taste alcohol all the time when I was a kid. I got into the habit of drinking every week with friends in my late teenage years. Now that I am a loner in my 20's, I only drink a few times a year, beer or wine mostly at special occasions like Christmas or new year eve.
Jul 5, 3:31 AM

Sep 2020
i have never drunk or alcohol or beer and i don't plan on drinking anytime soon
Jul 5, 5:35 AM

Mar 2008
I wouldn't really recommend drinking.

I guess first thing I had might have been a mojito.
Jul 5, 6:04 AM

Jan 2023
Beer, at 14 years old. The beer is delicious :).
Jul 5, 8:22 AM

Jul 2021
Alcohol was supposed to taste horrible.
Jul 5, 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
I dont drink alcohol. Only a fool would do that.
Jul 5, 8:46 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to DesuMaiden
I dont drink alcohol. Only a fool would do that.
@DesuMaiden

It is wrong to generalize.

Furthermore, there are a lot of things that they "do wrong", the point is to measure oneself.

Having a beer is less harmful than a Coke. Do you drink Coke?
Jul 5, 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
I remembered I liked the feeling a little bit too much and thought I was invincible.
Jul 5, 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
You'll learn that beer is the best alcohol, just wait for harder liquor.

My first alcohols:

Beer [not bought on my own, just for a taste] - Half can of a beer when I was 8 yo.
Wine - 9-13 [Many times at some family gatherings I would taste a couple little sips of wine, can't tell how old I was when it was my first]
Champagne - 14/15
Beer [bought on my own, drank whole bottle/more than one] - 15 yo
Cider - 15
Vodka - 15/16 yo [I ain't remembering it that much, I guess most of y'all know why I don't remember x) ]
Colored Vodka - 16 [Flavored, in Poland we often call it by colored/colorful]
Whisky - 16
Whiskey - 16
Liquor - 16
Bimber [Moonshine] - 17
Bourbone - 17
Rum - 17
Gin - 17
Russian Champagne - 17 [I'll put it in different category as it shouldn't be together with Champagne, Russian Champagne is meant to be drank in few bottles just to get drunk af]
Panoramix Mixture [A mixture of few alcohols with non alcohols, the Polish hard party stuff] - 19
Rakija - 19
Śliwowica [Slyvovits] - 19
Spirytus - 19
Sake - 20
Tequilla - 22/23
Mead - 22/23

A reminder that in Poland it is legal to drink from 18 yo, but as typical Polish person I was already a drinker when I turned 18. But I've started quite late drinking compared to an average from my home town people whom would usually begin at around 12-13 yo.
ZettaikenJul 5, 11:12 AM
Jul 5, 11:12 AM
Dec 2022
Zettaiken said:

So, any nalewka to recommend by any chance?
Jul 5, 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to MalchikRepaid
Zettaiken said:

So, any nalewka to recommend by any chance?
@MalchikRepaid I drank only Slyvovits in restaurants from Górale in Karpacz/Zakopane so I don't know the brands, it is usually 72% and it's a real good stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorals - Góral meaning

Edit: There's also Diablica 76%, I don't think there's an English name for it [Diablica means literally a "Female Devil"], it is also sold by Goral culture but I haven't tried it yet, maybe someday x) [In one restaurant, which was my first, they poured one shot for free to each customer, including me and my best friend]
ZettaikenJul 5, 11:16 AM
Jul 5, 11:19 AM
Dec 2022
Zettaiken said:
@MalchikRepaid I drank only Slyvovits in restaurants from Górale in Karpacz/Zakopane so I don't know the brands, it is usually 72% and it's a real good stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorals - Góral meaning

Fascinating. This makes me want to try this when I visit Poland to see my cousin there in the near future.
Jul 5, 1:20 PM

Oct 2009
I remember drinking champagne as a wee child in some wedding party. Did it on the sly as I was on my own and I got curious about what the weird looking bottle had so helped myself. Was around five at the time.
Jul 5, 1:57 PM

Jun 2016
@MeanMrMusician
Stay hydrated, and don't drink regular beer and wine coolers/fruit-flavored beer together unless you want a bad hangover. I mixed corona and mike's hard once and it was worse than when I did shots of whiskey at a convention.
Jul 5, 2:06 PM

Aug 2017
I never understood why Americans wait until 21 to start drinking, it's not like the world ends if you try a bit before 21. Ironically, I only drink twice when I was underage myself and it was disgusting. Like many Gen Z, I'm teetotaler. Alcohol is extremely unhealthy and consuming never ended well. Unlike other unhealthy drinks, it doesn't provide nutrients and kills the body like smoking.
NurguburuJul 5, 2:10 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 3:00 PM

Oct 2022
I think is was Vodka with juice at some party. Ofc Im ignoring the small sips you can get at beer from your paretns.

About beer... you will like it later. I know it sounds crazy, i didnt like it too, but it is kind of nice to have one on a Friday night...

...speaking of which
Jul 5, 3:34 PM

Mar 2013
Pale ale is one of the few things I can drink in moderation, but I honestly prefer Soju at this point.
Jul 5, 4:09 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to Nurguburu
I never understood why Americans wait until 21 to start drinking, it's not like the world ends if you try a bit before 21. Ironically, I only drink twice when I was underage myself and it was disgusting. Like many Gen Z, I'm teetotaler. Alcohol is extremely unhealthy and consuming never ended well. Unlike other unhealthy drinks, it doesn't provide nutrients and kills the body like smoking.
@Nurguburu unless you're a saint or the child of jesus christ, most don't. people just enjoy the feeling of being drunk.
Jul 5, 4:26 PM

Jul 2023
I believe the first time I had a drink was when I was 10 or 11. My parents gave me a glass of red wine with my pasta, as I asked why they drank the stuff and that was their remedy for an explanation. I sipped it, found it to be bitter, dry, but I ultimately finished the glass and my meal, and recall that it made me rather drowsy.

Fast-forward several years later and I remember pouring a shot glass of Grey Goose vodka (as that was my father's favorite and he always drank it straight, chilled from the freezer) and I nearly vomited after taking a sip. To this day I have no idea how anyone could drink something so repulsive. It's like liquid loathing. Anyway, throughout my teen years I had experimented after-hours with the liquor my beloved parents kept on-hand, from the disgusting pine-fragrance gin to the sour, putrid tang of tequila. I found most of the hard liquors to be revolting.

Anyway, the only thing I drink from time to time now is red wine, the odd IPA, and hot sake. I never took up drinking recreationally, I didn't that alcohol slowed my reactions and made me feel complacent, and I didn't have fun hanging out with the crowd that did, but I do like pairing the aforementioned beverages with several choice meals every now and again. Everything in moderation, right?

More topics from this board

» What would you change about our world if you had the power? ( 1 2 )

SimplyBrazen - Jul 4

68 by KittenCuddler »»
11 minutes ago

» Should I take a private submarine to the titanic?

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

7 by kihel »»
50 minutes ago

» What is the average age on MAL?

zkr_hmz_07 - Yesterday

20 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» Why is it that when a girl tells a guy that she wants to introduce him to a friend/sister/cousin/classmate/coworker of hers, its always an unattractive girl that shes introducing you to?

oooo3333 - Yesterday

5 by Kwanthemaster »»
2 hours ago

» Do you prefer short or tall girls?

ZakuF_ - Jul 3

39 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.