Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 17, 5:36 AM

Jan 2009
"Sakamoto Days" Anime Adaptation has apparently been acquired by Netflix according to a recent news report.

It's nothing official yet so as always take it with a grain of salt but Baguette has been proven reliable in the past, so I personally trust his info.

https://x.com/MangaReporter/status/1791440528770232419

just sharing for the fans
May 17, 5:59 AM
Feb 2021
Netlix got the rights? Its sakaover
May 17, 6:59 AM
Apr 2024
If its real, then goodbye my lovely Sakamoto.
May 17, 7:16 AM

Feb 2021
People still talking about Netflix jail in 2024?
They've stopped doing that a year ago...
May 17, 7:24 AM
Jan 2023
Bro I heard that it will be TMS in animation it's so over 💀💀💀
May 17, 8:09 AM

Apr 2022
it might be over before it even started boys... i'm more worried about it being TMS though, i'm desperate for a silver lining in all this.
May 17, 8:19 AM
Sep 2023
don't know if this true
May 17, 8:56 AM

Apr 2018
This has to be a fucking joke.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 17, 9:05 AM

Jun 2014
It’s already looking Sakamotover before we even get an official adaptation announcement. I’ll hope for the best in the animation department but what a shame and a disgrace it would be to the undisputed best action manga in Jump right now to not have its action scenes done justice.

Edit: Just to add a little more, can we collectively take a moment to consider how absolutely insane it is that this is allegedly coming out this year, where we have about 6 and a half months left of the year, and we still haven’t even gotten so much as an official anime announcement, let alone a studio, a trailer, voice cast and staff, etc. This has train wreck written all over it but I’ll hope for the best until we know more….
thebrentinator24May 17, 11:35 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 17, 9:06 AM

Oct 2022
i wanna buy netflix and fire everyone from the company and disband it
May 17, 9:09 AM
Apr 2023
don't worry guys TMS is a good studio the animation in rent a girlfriend was beautiful if you ask me
May 17, 9:21 AM
Apr 2023
well I just open X and check but TMS is producing the anime not adapting, it's been adapting by pierrot (bleach thousand years blood war) wow ,(Boruto) wtf lol
May 17, 9:22 AM
Mar 2017
For me, Netflix is better than D+, Sentai and AND. At least I won't have to pirate.
May 17, 9:26 AM
Mar 2021
Why do ppl hate TMS entertainment so much?? Are they a bad studio?
May 17, 9:37 AM
Sep 2020
Uruichi said:

I've seen the Baki and Dr. Stone animes they've done. Both of those are underwhelming as adaptations imo. Not the worst, but I wouldn't want a manga I like to be adapted by them.
May 17, 9:39 AM
Mar 2021
DeltaWDunn said:
Uruichi said:

I've seen the Baki and Dr. Stone animes they've done. Both of those are underwhelming as adaptations imo. Not the worst, but I wouldn't want a manga I like to be adapted by them.

Oh fuck well now I’m kinda worried hopefully it gets a good adaptation for now gonna wait for an official announcement and then see
May 17, 10:00 AM
Dec 2022
lies. not true at all.
May 17, 10:22 AM

Apr 2021
Why is everyone so pissed about it being from Netflix? If you don’t want to give Netflix money just fucking pirate it! Its that simple
May 17, 10:39 AM
Aug 2018
Hope for the best, I guess.
May 17, 10:45 AM

Apr 2021
Whats the big deal if its Netflix. I think Netflix has been producing good anime lately. I dont think there is any issue if they simulcast the anime. Like kimi ni todoke s3, dandadan, my happy marriage, the one piece remake eventually. I would say pierrot being the studio is where I worry. Im guessing this will be handle by their new division they announced recently. We will have to see what happens.
May 17, 11:05 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to luisfunes99
Whats the big deal if its Netflix. I think Netflix has been producing good anime lately. I dont think there is any issue if they simulcast the anime. Like kimi ni todoke s3, dandadan, my happy marriage, the one piece remake eventually. I would say pierrot being the studio is where I worry. Im guessing this will be handle by their new division they announced recently. We will have to see what happens.
@luisfunes99 So is it Pierrot or TMS? Eh, bettter wait for official info than potiential false leaks.
If it's Pierrot, why would you be worried? Since 2020 they keep releasing banger after banger imo. Akudama Drive, Black Clover movie, Kingdom, TYBW, Yatagarisu. All of these have very good production qualities. Maybe Kingdom lacks better animation at times, but it's no wonder since there are horses and very large scale battles.
May 17, 11:11 AM

Apr 2021
18927 said:
@luisfunes99 So is it Pierrot or TMS? Eh, bettter wait for official info than potiential false leaks.
If it's Pierrot, why would you be worried? Since 2020 they keep releasing banger after banger imo. Akudama Drive, Black Clover movie, Kingdom, TYBW, Yatagarisu. All of these have very good production qualities. Maybe Kingdom lacks better animation at times, but it's no wonder since there are horses and very large scale battles.

I mean for pierrot I just know how kingdom has been an up and down adaptation, supposedly tokyo ghoul was a bad adaptation. Me personally I feel they are not consistent on their projects, abandoning some of them like Black clover, yona of the dawn, etc. That last part is pure subjectivity from my part tho. If they handle it as well as the new bleach seasons then it will be fine.

I agree like nothing has been confirmed, I have seen both tms and pierrot names been thrown out but we dont know yet.
May 17, 11:25 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to luisfunes99
18927 said:

I mean for pierrot I just know how kingdom has been an up and down adaptation, supposedly tokyo ghoul was a bad adaptation. Me personally I feel they are not consistent on their projects, abandoning some of them like Black clover, yona of the dawn, etc. That last part is pure subjectivity from my part tho. If they handle it as well as the new bleach seasons then it will be fine.

I agree like nothing has been confirmed, I have seen both tms and pierrot names been thrown out but we dont know yet.
@luisfunes99 Yeah, before 2020 they had some downs like Tokyo Ghoul or first two seasons of Kingdom.
On the other hand there are some reasons to worry. Making high quality adaptations and taking many projects at the same time... This just doesn't feel right. So far I know their new studio/sub studio is supposed to work on 3rd cour of TYBW. Dunno about other projects. Welp, we'll see where it goes.
18927May 17, 11:52 AM
May 17, 12:01 PM
Nov 2023
Nice I just started reading the manga idc if it’s Netflix who’s making it I’m not a little crybaby who is going to complain I just hope it’s good 👍🏼
May 17, 12:35 PM
Dec 2022
Nah, I ain't gonna believe that bro.
May 17, 2:07 PM
Dec 2022
Praying it aint real

I saw something around this that said it was being released in 2024 and we dont have any official announcement or trailers or anything
if it actually releases this year its actually so sakamotover

fucccc all the episodes are probably gonna release at the same time too, its so fucked bro
wallus81May 17, 2:15 PM
May 17, 3:22 PM
May 2021
Welp gonna have to wait & see, we got dandadan coming out on Netflix this year as well but the studio looks better for dandadan. Lets wait.
May 17, 4:21 PM

Apr 2024
oh great, that means I won't be able to see it. Guess I'll either commit piracy or wait for Blu-rays....
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
May 17, 4:48 PM
Feb 2021
TMS is gonna fumble this bad
May 17, 5:05 PM
Dec 2023
tell me if it's just a joke💀
May 17, 7:04 PM
Jul 2021
mmxmj said:
Bro I heard that it will be TMS in animation it's so over 💀💀💀

It's the Baki team too💀. It's so over for Saka Bros.
May 17, 7:06 PM
Jul 2021
Bushmeat said:
Why is everyone so pissed about it being from Netflix? If you don’t want to give Netflix money just fucking pirate it! Its that simple

What they're fearing is it's a 2024 release and there's been absolutely next to nothing in terms of announcements or publicity.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 170 Discussion

ryzxgum - 6 hours ago

8 by qweaenr »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 169 Discussion

ryzxgum - Jun 9

10 by ryzxgum »»
Jun 13, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 55 Discussion

FMmatron - Jan 23, 2022

15 by phantom346 »»
Jun 12, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 168 Discussion

ryzxgum - Jun 2

16 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 10, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 135 Discussion

Kuma - Sep 16, 2023

15 by ThighsYLover »»
Jun 5, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.