Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Yukiya..his journey as an apprentice has been a strange one. Outside his story, this anime still focuses on characters such as Asebi and her character.

Got to see a little bit of her past but I'm interested to see how they develop her. She just seems like a more complex character than she appears to be.
May 4, 1:33 PM
Mar 2023
Lot of potential connections intersecting

Anyone feels like Asebi's the clear winner here?
May 4, 1:49 PM
May 2017
Very good episode! In my opinion, Wakamiya and Asebi as a couple would be the best because Asebi is my favorite, but I prefer to follow the story... and, who knows, be surprised.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 4, 3:22 PM

May 2018
staying strong as my favorite of the season!
can't yuck my yum

May 4, 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
Given the Prince's personality, Yukiya should've known it was a scheme. I hope he never tells Yukiya his schemes beforehand. His reactions are too funny. "Oni!"

I thought Atsufusa would show up earlier.
May 4, 7:18 PM
Apr 2024
I really like the ost, the last scene gave me goosebumps like something big is coming in the next eps.
May 5, 12:38 AM

Jul 2017
Wakamiya losing a bet in the red-light district and Yukiya paying the price as a servant for 1.5 months, the young prince consort is condescending to a degree. But there's an even bigger plot hanging in that thread while in the Ravine, Yukiya senses a secret meeting of Natsuka's backers through Rokon, rooting out Kazuhiro's father Kazumichi tyring to assassinate Wakamiya. Atsufusa coming in to stop Rokon's rage against Kazumichi, and Natsuka also comes in secret disguise to further illicit the crimes of Kazumichi, And that wedge only means death, for which he paid the price for his failure. That's how his faction operates, but Yukiya finds it puzzling, since he doesn't have much evidence to go by. That's ALSO how Wakamiya paid the Ravine-dwellers for information on the entire affair without Yukiya's approval, leading him to become a raven on the cusp of aiding him on intel.

Asebi, while preparing for the Tanabata, is presented with the Drifting Cloud nagon koto given from Princess Fujinami via Samomo to practice on, it's the meeting between her and young Wakamiya, which she was reminded of her first love between them both. And that comes as a letter of "threat" from the Lord of the West to Wakamiya to make sure that both him and Asebi are wed. And Atsufusa meeting Wakamiya in a hurry, what's his deal?

A setup episode for more unruly things to come.
May 5, 12:40 AM
Sep 2015
It just doesn't make sense that the Crow Prince (Not a typo, it's a word I invent from mixing Crow with Crown Prince) spend most of his time with his two male retainers but has to marry with some woman who may or may not ever meet him.
May 5, 2:16 AM

Jan 2017
Don't wanna jump into conclusions yet but I really have a big feeling that Wakamiya will end up with Asebi...and Yukiya refusing his highness' offer to grant him some girls in the redlight district lol why I could take him all day honestly 😂 He's just so precious!
May 5, 2:24 AM

Jul 2017
Another good setup episode here, got pretty brutal in the middle there and the visuals were quality. Wakamiya sure is something to sell out his retainer for that long without informing him but it all worked out, at least it is nice seeing Yukiya earnestly improve more and more in his work, while having to observe what is up with Rokon, Natsuka, etc. Good cliffhanger too at the end there with Atsufusa confronting Wakamiya there. Show is continuing to ramp up its intensity bit by bit.
May 5, 3:05 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to phantomfandom
It just doesn't make sense that the Crow Prince (Not a typo, it's a word I invent from mixing Crow with Crown Prince) spend most of his time with his two male retainers but has to marry with some woman who may or may not ever meet him.
@phantomfandom,That's because he is a True Golden Raven,and cannot fall in love with individual persons or befriend them (Sumio,Yukia and some others are a special case), like any ordinary yatagarasu or humans.
This marriage matter is purely political, the prince is a target of conspiracy, and has to find new allies, especially the heads of the four brides' families.
It is explained in book 3 of the novel cycle ( there is an official Russian translation and I've read it, but only 4 first volumes out of six).
KisMaczkaMay 5, 5:33 AM
May 5, 6:27 PM
Feb 2015
Yukiya being damn honest with the crown prince is one of reason why i watch this and the gorgeous girl, i wonder if being pretty and inocent is all it takes to win the prince affection like Asebi or being hardworking like Masuho no susuki or bold lady like Hamayu. I can't wait to see the other girl backstory with him. Wakamiya is very reluctant but he can't back out this time on Tanabata. Can't wait to see which robe will be wear.

Natsuka and his faction is oddly vague, like does Natsuka aim for swept the throne from his younger brother or not at least empress is clear on her evil plan.
jumbosanMay 5, 6:58 PM
Jul 11, 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
Wakamiya left Yukiya as collateral but it was actually to spy and he did gather some valuable info. So Natsuka just sits there and everyone else does whatever? What?

Red hair still working on that kimono. Asebi realised that Wakamiya was her first love. She's seeming more and more like the winning candidate. Princess favours her too. What does the drifting cloud symbolise? Something related to Wakamiya I think.
Sep 27, 6:00 PM

Jul 2023
Yukiya was used as collateral but he was to spy on stuff.

And yeah, Lady Asebi's first love is the prince.
Oct 7, 11:23 AM
Mar 2019
Yukiya was actually pissed with the Prince.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

64 by tinker3bellz1 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15

31 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8

33 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Yesterday, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

32 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Yesterday, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 29

63 by LastLuminescence »»
Oct 19, 11:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.